[Syliras Location] Welcome Center/Employment Office

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

Postby Emblem on July 17th, 2012, 9:26 pm

Carney

The girl looked up as yet another citizen strode through the door, presumably looking for work. She let out a sigh as the man approached. The man didn't appear to be an Inartan, so most likely not a glassblower either. Several of them had already been looking for work today, and she didn't want to have to direct another person to the Inner Fire Glass.

"I'll go ahead an assume you are looking for work?"

With that the man went ahead and imposed himself as a manual labor type guy, a miner to be specific.

"Mining huh? Well, you wont find any mines within the city walls, but I know the Lykolav Iron Mines always need help, even if they do usually use prisoners sentenced to manual labor as their primary source of labor. But I'm sure an honorable member of the force wouldn't hurt. The mines are just northeast of the city, in the Cobalt Mountains. If you want you can ride up there, likely via one of the mining carts going from here to the mines and back." the girl explained.
Currently working at new job so I am still trying to balance it out with Miza. I apologize for any delays.
Emblem
Retired Staff

Words: 50846
Joined roleplay: January 24th, 2012, 5:56 am
Race: Staff account
Office

Postby Carney on July 17th, 2012, 10:40 pm

Carney being an Akalak was for sure not an Inartan, the tall midnight blue man listened to the girl speak as she explained that he would have to travel northeast to a place called the Lykolav Iron mines. After she was done he began, "Well thank you miss. I will make my way there, you said the northeast right?" He waited for her to confirm then smiled and thanked her before turning to leave the building in search of a way to the mines she had spoken of.
Carney
Player

Words: 12235
Joined roleplay: June 21st, 2012, 5:30 pm
Race: Akalak
Character sheet

Postby Thom Stornwell on August 15th, 2012, 6:04 pm

52nd Day of Summer, 512 AV - Morning

Thom approached the large three storey building with a strong sense of determination. He was here to find a job, a way to make some money while he stayed in Syliras. He had passed the building a couple of times during his stay, never really paying much attention until now.

As he walked through the main door, Thom peered around slowly, noticing the lady sat behind a desk in a reception area of sorts. Walking over casually, he spoke as she looked up in his direction. "Hello! I am looking for employment and I heard this was the place to come to?" It was half statement, half question. Thom stood patiently awaiting the inevitable questioning.
Thom Stornwell
Player

Words: 5903
Joined roleplay: August 11th, 2012, 11:05 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet

Postby Tristan Nathaniel on August 26th, 2012, 10:01 am

80th of Summer, 512 AV

Tristan adjusted his mask as he opened the door to what he believed to be the employment office. He adjusted his cloak trying to appear more professional and after taking one look around the room he stride towards what seemed to be a desk and a lady standing behind it.

'Hello, I was just wondering if I wanted to play music in the tavern here, if I would need to apply for it?' He asked gesturing to his old wooden fiddle that was hanging slightly out of the side of his patched up pack. He shrugged his shoulders working out the kinks and stood waiting for an answer.
Tristan Nathaniel
Player

Words: 3862
Joined roleplay: August 25th, 2012, 12:52 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

Postby Accolade on August 27th, 2012, 3:35 am

Thom

Trega looked up and smiled slightly at the tall man that stood before her. Judging by his build and rough features, he had to be used to hard labor. "Yes, you have come to the right place. There are plenty of jobs to be had and work to be done. What sort of work are you looking for?"

Tristan

Trega arched a brow when the masked man strolled into the office. His appearance, while professional also read one of jest. She smiled and nodded as he spoke, before giving him an answer. "A Bard I see. Might I suggest the White Swann Inn or the Rearing Stallion ."
Accolade
The Journey begins here...

Words: 307037
Joined roleplay: August 24th, 2012, 12:45 am
Office
Medals: 3
Featured Contributor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Trash Medal (1)

Postby Tristan Nathaniel on August 27th, 2012, 6:42 am

OOCI was just wondering but do I just make a thread with the Rearing Stallion included in the title and just RP playing the violin in there or is there a particular way I have to be able to do that?

Tristan nodded his thanks and thought through which place sounded the most appealing, the Rearing Stallion sounded lively enough for his somewhat poor skills with his instrument so he would be able to practice and hopefully improve them. He knew a few good ballads and tunes but he could work on that.

He scratched his black hair as he thought before realizing how long he was taking and turned on his heel. He waved with practiced dramatics and swung the door open before winking and he whistled as he strolled down the street.
Tristan Nathaniel
Player

Words: 3862
Joined roleplay: August 25th, 2012, 12:52 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

Postby Accolade on August 27th, 2012, 7:40 am

Yes, just create a thread with the location in the title and post as you normally would.
Accolade

Office
Trash Medal (1)

Postby Aoren on September 3rd, 2012, 3:48 am

Aoren stood looking at the Employment Office curiously. He didn't quite know what to do or where to go at this point. Of course the obvious answer was to walk in through the doorway and present himself to the officials inside indicating he was looking for work. Which was another statement of the obvious. No one visited the Employment office simply because they wanted a tour of the decor.

The tall Drykan took a deep breath and glanced at the construction. So much had been lost in the storms that raged across the lands several months ago. But Syliras would persevere. It would stand strong as it had for the past two hundred years. Aoren kept faith in this belief. In a world where people and settlements were scarce and death visited the doors of so many he had to believe it. He stopped staring and drew himself up entering the office watchful of those he passed on his way inside.

Taking a look around the entryway he studied the furnishings but wasted no time in nodding politely to the woman standing attentively behind the desk. He was dressed in plain brown leather pants tucked neatly into knee high boots. At his hip swung a longsword. The scabbard was worn and one might surmise that the blade itself was well used too. On his head rested a light grey cotton cap and he had only the shortest croppings of mahogany brown hair. His eyes the color of deep ocean waters greeted the woman kindly.

"Hello, my name is Aoren. I've lived in Syliras all my life helping where I can but I've come seeking employment of a more formal type." He scratched his head. Talking with people was always so awkward. Hence why he seldom spoke at all if he could avoid it.

"I have several skills at my disposal though I doubt the knighthood would appreciate a display of them here. I think they are prone to putting down mages not sanctioned by their laws." He offered her a half-smile and scratched his nose.
Aoren
Of things long forgotten...

Words: 1240868
Joined roleplay: August 27th, 2012, 4:26 am
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 8
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (1)
Guest Storyteller (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Accolade on September 3rd, 2012, 10:24 pm

Trega stared at the tall Drykan for a moment before speaking to him, he did seem at a lost for words, and it made her wonder what he had done for a living so far. She did, however arch a brow when he alluded to being a mage. "Magical uses aren't illegal here, but you should be careful of using it. Perish the thought of your punishment should you damage the Knights property..or harm a citizen. There are jobs here, different ways in which your magical uses could be of help to the city. What sort of element are you versed in?"
Accolade

Office
Trash Medal (1)

Postby Aoren on September 3rd, 2012, 11:53 pm

Aoren nodded and gave her a half-smile. "I am versed in Air, ma'am. And a little bit of Glyphing. I would seek employment with Mistress Blackleaf. Though I will have to do a bit of studying. Perhaps in her service I can help our many citizens with their ailments." He made a mental note to visit Master Ariva in search of a book containing lore on the medicinal herbs around the region if one such document existed. He inclined his head to the attendant awaiting her polite dismissal in the event that she had more to say.
Aoren
Of things long forgotten...

Words: 1240868
Joined roleplay: August 27th, 2012, 4:26 am
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 8
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (1)
Guest Storyteller (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

PreviousNext