[Syliras Location] Welcome Center/Employment Office

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

Postby Accolade on September 4th, 2012, 3:37 am

Trega smiled towards the man, thinking of how wise his choice was. Even so, at least it would hopefully keep him out of trouble that most mages seem to find themselves in. "Very well, you can find Mistress Blackleaf at Stormhold Salves in the Third Tier of the Castle." With a nod and another smile, she returned to her seat.
Accolade
The Journey begins here...

Words: 307037
Joined roleplay: August 24th, 2012, 12:45 am
Race: Staff account
Office
Medals: 3
Featured Contributor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Trash Medal (1)

Postby Finn Reed [Follower] on September 4th, 2012, 4:33 am

Follower opens the door to the building, his eyes darting about inquisitively. He doesn't linger long, since nobody is asking him what he's doing standing in their living room. Normally the time window for that is about 10 seconds, you have to give them time to collect themselves. The man smirks wistfully to himself at the notion, then, moves forward, confident he's in the right place. He attempts to catch the eye of the woman down at the desk, but, regardless whether or not this happens, he makes his way there.

"Hello, Ma'am. My name is Jhash. I'm here to work for you."
Finn Reed [Follower]
Player

Words: 709
Joined roleplay: September 3rd, 2012, 10:54 pm
Race: Human

Postby Solamon Tienfre on September 10th, 2012, 9:53 pm

5th of Autumn, 512AV

Solamon was not someone to waste time so rather than get his things settled into his housing he walked swiftly to the 'Welcome Center'. There wasn't many people in there save for a bunch of people that looked like they may or may not actually work in the facility. Waiting a few seconds he managed to find the desk he needed and wasted to further time 'enjoying the view.'

Letting his sack fall to the floor he looked up at the secretary at the desk and gave a brittle smile. "I'm here for a job as an undertaker. Preferably something mostly permanent, I intend to be here for awhile."

Drumming his fingers in a bout of impatience he frowned at the dust that came off onto his gloves and carefully folded his hands so he wouldn't have to touch the desk anymore.
Common
Alts: Matthaus | I'sona
Solamon Tienfre
The Mad Mortician

Words: 10336
Joined roleplay: September 10th, 2012, 12:49 am
Race: Human
Character sheet

Postby Accolade on September 11th, 2012, 12:08 am

Finn Reed

Trega stared surprisingly at the man before her. His tone was a bit odd, and as he had walked in, he seemed lost almost. "You're here to work for me?" She asked giving him a bewildered look. "Doing what?" She had an idea of what he meant, and his reason for coming, but felt the need to press him a bit to be sure. "If you're looking for a job here, there might be something that you might be useful in, what skills do you have?"

Solamon Tienfre

Trega looked to the man as he stepped up, apparently in a bit of a hurry. She preferred it this way, as it would allow her to get back to her other duties, or to help others who came in looking for work. "An Undertaker? I see...Well Syliras already has an Undertaker, but he may be looking for help. You should speak with Benoit Grivin at the Li Mauta."
Accolade

Office
Trash Medal (1)

Postby Crypt on September 21st, 2012, 10:35 am

26th of Fall, 512 AV

Admiring the external features of the Employment Office, Crypt stepped inside, away from the hustle and bustle of the Main gates. Taking a chair, he sat down in front of Trega (As he noted from her nameplate on the desk), giving her a roguish grin, removing his mask before doing so. She gave him an encouraging smile in return. Maras stood next to him, staring at the other people around him.

“Good morning! Name's Crypt, Crypt Insatem, and as you should already know, I'm here for a job. My, your hair's looking rather fashionable today, if I do say so myself. Anyway, I'm quite experienced with taking care of horses, especially with Maras here,” He patted the neck of his Strider. “I can do a bit of waiting on people, 'cause I did a stint at one of the taverns back in Cypherus. I could be a courier of some sort, I can run fast enough. With Maras here, I'm sure I can get most anywhere fast enough. So, what jobs would you suggest for me, milady?”

He finished with a wink and casually threw away the small piece of twine he was playing with.
Last edited by Crypt on November 14th, 2012, 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Done by the one and only Assilsa Curare!

8200th member. :)

NOTE: I will be on holiday from the 9th to the 25th, so don't expect me to post anything! Apologies.
Crypt
Apophenia.

Words: 329416
Joined roleplay: September 20th, 2012, 4:58 am
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

Postby Accolade on September 22nd, 2012, 7:47 pm

Crypt

Trega smiled and lightly patted the side of her head. "Well, thank you. I'm sure that you can find work here as a courier. The knights, as well as others have need of them. If you're good with horses then may I suggest Windmount Stables?"
Accolade

Office
Trash Medal (1)

Postby Crypt on September 23rd, 2012, 12:21 am

Crypt looked thoughtful for a moment before returning his attention to Tregda.

“That seems alright for me. Well, it's time to get moving. Maras here is getting a little- STOP!”

Crypt leapt out of his seat as Maras placed his mouth inside a teapot on another desk, attempting to drink the tea. The person manning that desk could only look on in shock as Maras' mouth became stuck.

“This is not going to end well...” The person muttered.

And so this is how the entire Employment Office was treated to the most absurd and ridiculous exertions utilised by Crypt to remove the teapot; he pulled Maras by the teapot in a circle around the office, drawing their utmost attention. Laughter soon filled the air.

The teapot finally came out after much pulling and sweating, though Crypt fell backwards onto Trega's desk, and then narrowly missed her as he landed on the floor.

Regaining his composure, he looked up at Trega, who was attempting to stifle her giggles and look dignified.

“Have a cup of tea, Trega?”

When everything was back in order, Crypt walked out of the Office in a hurry, shouting over the din of the Main Gates' traffic.

“Goodbye Trega m'dear, 'twas delight beyond measure to have been helped by you!”

Done by the one and only Assilsa Curare!

8200th member. :)

NOTE: I will be on holiday from the 9th to the 25th, so don't expect me to post anything! Apologies.
Crypt
Apophenia.

Words: 329416
Joined roleplay: September 20th, 2012, 4:58 am
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

Postby Nekana on September 24th, 2012, 12:43 am

The first place a helpful Knight directed her to, just as she came into the city, was the Employment Center and that was exactly the building Nekana was standing in front of right now. She couldn't help but fidget a bit, it would be nice if somebody would tell her what to do right now, but then again Nekana didn't know anyone here, so it all was in her own hands. With a deep breath and a small frown on her features /Why must I always be so dependent on people.../ she opened the wooden door and went in.

What she saw was a pretty busy office but thankfully it was clear that the place she was supposed to go to was the desk at which a woman sat. Slowly walking up to it she licked her lips and asked ''Uh, hello I'm new in the town, and w-well I'm looking for a job... I can care for animals and I can ride horses a bit, also I guess I could guard something if I needed to, I had a similar job recently... I think I'll pass the winter in here. Is there any place you could suggest for me to work in?''. She put on a nervous smile and waited for an answer. /You are just looking for a job... Relax./ She told herself.
Normal- Nuthin special.
/Italic/- Thoughts.
Bold- Dog language.
Italic- Whispering.
Nekana
Player

Words: 7045
Joined roleplay: September 23rd, 2012, 1:32 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

Postby Accolade on September 24th, 2012, 8:13 pm

Crypt

Trega watched the rather strange man leave the office and head on his way. She shook her head, a smile upon her lips as she thought of what a day it was wrapping up to be.

Nekana

As she glanced around, she noticed a woman who seemed lost and confusion. Trega waved her over and attempted to help her. "You may find work as a guard from citizens, though the Knights handle most matters. If you like horses, then perhaps you may find work at the Windmount Stables?"
Accolade

Office
Trash Medal (1)

Postby Nekana on September 24th, 2012, 9:03 pm

''Oh, that sounds perfect!'' She exclaimed with a thankful smile. ''I thought I smelt lots of horses just inside the city. Stable probably is exactly the place for someone like me to work at.'' And she smiled again. It was a bit of habit for Nekana, nervous smiling if it can be called such. Treat people the way you want to be treated often seemed to work, surprisingly enough. ''Thank you!'' Not wanting an awkward silence to be created she just bowed her head a bit in goodbye /At last I didn't smile like some birdbrain again.../ and went to the door. /Should I just ask somebody at stables for work or how does this job thing actually happen?/ She shrugged at herself, went outside of the office and let her nose take a course to the place that smelled most like horses.
Normal- Nuthin special.
/Italic/- Thoughts.
Bold- Dog language.
Italic- Whispering.
Nekana
Player

Words: 7045
Joined roleplay: September 23rd, 2012, 1:32 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

PreviousNext