Falling In Love...With A Library(Closed)

Seleucus gets a job and finds a new passion.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The Diamond of Kalea is located on Kalea's extreme west coast and called as such because its completely made of a crystalline substance called Skyglass. Home of the Alvina of the Stars, cultural mecca of knowledge seekers, and rife with Ethaefal, this remote city shimmers with its own unique light.

Postby Elysium on January 21st, 2013, 4:24 pm

His face suddenly flushed the color of moonlight. That sudden bewilderment struck her as adorable. For all his composition, he was quickly coming undone. Seleucus hastily pulled himself together. He was but a child in the world of immortality, but he would no doubt do well. The Kelvic smiled mysteriously at his promise.

It seemed astonishing how she could find the right forms among the chaos. The child of Leth seemed thoughtful as his eyes danced amongst the lettering, taking in the requirements set before him. She knew when he'd reached the Oath - everyone gave pause at that particular document. His expression was grave. With a understated flourish, he signed. But that was not all.

Her eyebrows shot up toward the moon as he opened his flesh. A bead of silver welled upon his thumb, and he pressed it against the page. Shara watched him intently, her mouth a thin line. It was a prudent, nearly forbidding expression. He certainly was not without pomp and circumstance. With a small glow the wound closed; Ethaefal were notorious for their clever use of Tanroa's Gift.

"I see," she sighed. "You will begin at your leisure. I am sure you'd prefer service in your ethereal form, so we'll put you down for the evening." Shara gestured for him to follow as she raised from her seat. "I will introduce you to your peers. One last word of caution however, dear Seleucus." It was the first time she'd used his name. "A contract signed in blood binds more fiercely."

"In time, you will learn." The wolf afforded him a smile.

Elysium
Never venture, never win.

Words: 519270
Joined roleplay: December 12th, 2012, 9:49 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 3
Artist (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Elysium on February 7th, 2013, 12:30 am

Seleucus

XP:
+2 Observation
+3 Rhetoric

Lore:
How to Inquire About a Job
How to Solve a Riddle
How to Impress an Employer
The Seekers of the Bharani Library

Notes: You did an excellent job solving the riddle, Mizahar-style! If you have any questions or concerns, let me know. :)

and so, the journey continues...
Elysium
Never venture, never win.

Words: 519270
Joined roleplay: December 12th, 2012, 9:49 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 3
Artist (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1)

Previous