[Syliras Location] Welcome Center/Employment Office

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

Postby Klaus on May 9th, 2013, 7:41 pm

Klaus thought for a moment. Cage fighting huh? Not exactly my cup of tea. He decided that this person was a bad judge of character. He really didn't like fighting for sport. Maybe to protect people yes, but only out of necessity. But if it's the only job available...

"I'll take the job, only because it doesn't seem as if there is anything else to do. What do I have to do?"
Hey everyone, sorry it's taking me so long to post back. My grandparents, who have been away all winter, just got back for the summer. So I will be spending as much time with them as I can. But don't worry. I haven't forgotten about you. I just may not post as often as I have been before. Thank you all for your understanding, and I will post as soon as I can.
-Klaus
Klaus
Curious Animator

Words: 29967
Joined roleplay: April 14th, 2013, 11:08 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet

Postby Accolade on May 10th, 2013, 1:52 am

Klaus

Trega stared at the boy for a moment and thought over her words. For some reason the recent influx of young people who came into her office had no idea how to apply for a job. This made it all the more difficult for her to help them find work. "Listen young man, if you want to work in the mines, you can do that. If you'd wish to clean you can do that in taverns. Want to sing or dance, play with cards? You can also do that, the bottom line is YOU need to decide."

Accolade
The Journey begins here...

Words: 307037
Joined roleplay: August 24th, 2012, 12:45 am
Race: Staff account
Office
Medals: 3
Featured Contributor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Trash Medal (1)

Postby Oleander on May 10th, 2013, 2:12 am

Oleander tried to think of words that could properly convey his thoughts to Trega. Oleander wasn’t sure if being mercenary would mean he’s only restricted to do ‘mercenary’ things, meaning he would have to give up his spying job. “Um… The job I had in mind was a mercenary of a sort… If I was a mercenary could I still have ‘Spy’ qualities in my job? For example, someone hires me to spy on an individual.”
Oleander
Minimal Exposure is the Best!

Words: 30771
Joined roleplay: April 30th, 2013, 8:00 pm
Character sheet

Postby Accolade on May 10th, 2013, 2:50 am

Oleander

"Are you saying that you already have a job and want a second? I would have to say, that if you're looking for full time employment, you would seek work as a spy or mercenary not both."

Accolade
The Journey begins here...

Words: 307037
Joined roleplay: August 24th, 2012, 12:45 am
Race: Staff account
Office
Medals: 3
Featured Contributor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Trash Medal (1)

Postby Oleander on May 10th, 2013, 4:47 am

“No, I don’t have a job…” Oleander said. …Well an official one anyways…
“Trega, I would like to seek work as a spy. I think my skills are more suited for that sort of job.” Oleander said, thinking about his abilities.
Oleander
Minimal Exposure is the Best!

Words: 30771
Joined roleplay: April 30th, 2013, 8:00 pm
Character sheet

Postby Quinn Harpe on May 10th, 2013, 5:20 am

Timestamp: Spring 75, 513AV

Standing outside the Employment Office for the second time, Quinn formulated his words carefully within his mind. The first time had been during the previous Winter when he thought he his presence would become more permanent. Now again as the thoughts settle more and more. Staying outside the city gates but entering to work had been useful thus far, but it was simply too radical for his taste. The stability of a steady job seemed welcoming.

After finding a close collection of ideas of what to say, he entered the building. With a questionable attire generally adorned for such occassions, Quinn had taken pride in wearing his loose black cotton tunic and trousers as well as the black silk cloak with a blue-flame upon the back and a matching sash around his waist. Wild brown hair seemed to defy gravity the way it lay in spiked abandon and his leaf green eyes seem ever curious about everything he saw, especially now that he was in a place new to him.

"Hail, I seek a more steady job... I am adept to unarmed combat and survival to the wilderness around this fair city... As well, I am agile and healthy, and willing to learn. By word of mouth jobs such as courier have come to mind, as well as Wilderness guide for short journeys. I currently have little enough experience to become a Guard, of that I must warn you..."

That sounded terrible. Bringing a frown to his lips he almost wanted to correct himself, but he stood by his words. "Unless you have other suggestions. I am also open to hard labor, and would not mind a steady job and learning a new trade, if such a thing could be arranged." That was more satisfactory, and it kept the integrity of his words in tact.
Quinn Harpe
Player

Words: 18015
Joined roleplay: May 9th, 2013, 9:18 am
Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Klaus on May 10th, 2013, 6:05 am

Klaus nodded. She was right after all. He had no idea what exactly he wanted to do. Before leaving, he thanked her for her help. There were some things he needed to think about.
Hey everyone, sorry it's taking me so long to post back. My grandparents, who have been away all winter, just got back for the summer. So I will be spending as much time with them as I can. But don't worry. I haven't forgotten about you. I just may not post as often as I have been before. Thank you all for your understanding, and I will post as soon as I can.
-Klaus
Klaus
Curious Animator

Words: 29967
Joined roleplay: April 14th, 2013, 11:08 pm
Character sheet

Postby Kaie on May 12th, 2013, 2:59 pm

Kaie

Kaie entered the room confidently, her face no longer hidden by her cloak's hood as if she were travelling in the streets. She knew if she wished to get out of the city eventually she'd need money to travel. Besides, she was getting used to her visits at the local tavern and it seemed like a decent place to earn a living for now. Her brown hair cascaded down her back in natural curls and waves she's had since childhood. Her eyes, a deep brown, were completely focused on the officer she was approaching with ambitious steps. At the counter now, she paused to create direct eye contact with a straight posture to convey her conviction when she did indeed speak. There was a natural intensity about her in her expression. Not necessarily hostile but it was clear she was more than capable of independence. She could hold her own. Despite the fact she was of Myrian heritage there was little sign of it besides her bronzed skin. No piercing found anywhere other than a few on her ears. No visible tattoos. Most of the time she could almost pass herself off as a human and blending into crowds has become easy.

"Hello. I'm looking to earn a job position as a bartender at one of the local taverns,"
she stated rather bluntly though her words didn't lack respect. Brown eyes eyes locked on the one she was conversing with focusing on the task at hand. Her voice wasn't rude but she was very straight forward naturally. She wasn't one to play games now. She needed the money if she ever wished to get back to Taloba. Kaie reeled herself back mentally as she assumed a patient silence in wait of reply of her request. The last thing she wanted to do was make the man feel threatened with her presence or intensity. She did her best then to soften her features, lifting a tanned hand to tuck a strand of her dark brown hair behind her ear. Kaie was versatile, able to play one part or another. If she did land this bartending job, she would master her part. That is if she was cleared by the officials here.

Kaie
Player

Words: 1635197
Joined roleplay: May 9th, 2013, 3:13 am
Race: Myrian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Featured Character (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1) Riverfall Seasonal Challenge (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Scarlet Evony on May 12th, 2013, 7:15 pm

Scarlet wandered in the office, looking around. Expenses required a source of income and for this season, Scarlet had none. She had become tired of her previous workings, and now she had honed her skills enough, she was prepared for another line of work. Walking up to the desk, she simply stated. “I would like to enroll as a hunter. I believe my skillset is fit for that line of work.”
Scarlet Evony
Player

Words: 53274
Joined roleplay: March 19th, 2013, 2:27 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Johan Barnaby on May 13th, 2013, 1:10 am

15th of Spring, 513AV
Johan steps into the office with a casual stride and eyes soon wandering over the place. Several times he squinted and blinked when looking down at things he passes, but his expression remains casual, if a bit excited. Today would hopefully be the day he finds his own place in Syliras, a job and soon an apartment of his own. When his gaze rose to the one manning the office, he spoke in a light tone, kind but with a gentle rumble of bass. "Salutations, sir. I am here in request of a job."

That request must be a copper miza a dozen in this place. With a stance taken of respect for the one recognized as his superior in this situation, he continued on. "My skills are in Glyphing, Metalsmithing, and Auristics with experience lessening in that order." Of course he left out the reason for his squinting earlier. The farsightedness had only made him more dedicated in everything he did, and hopefully the way he held himself displayed at least some of that effort.
Johan Barnaby
Player

Words: 11987
Joined roleplay: May 12th, 2013, 3:00 am

PreviousNext