[Syliras Location] Welcome Center/Employment Office

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

Postby Wanda Endust on May 24th, 2013, 4:01 am

83rd of Spring, 513AV

Wanda had paced outside of the rickety old building for the better part of a bell. After passing it by and circling around roughly eight times, she finally steeled her nerves and approached the door. We need the money, she told herself. But she knew her mother would not be happy, not at all. Not with her particular choice of employment, at least. Anything else would have done. But Wanda's passion did not lie in anything else. Perhaps her mother would understand. A few passers by jostled her where she stood. They glanced back with 'stop standing in the road' glares.

Putting on a confident grin, the young woman gently wove her way through the busy street and into the building with a flourish. The room she entered was an improvement on the overcrowded roads outside, but it was still bustling with people. With a resigned huff, Wanda settled into what she assumed to be the back of a line and waited.

Eventually, she was called to the counter. She made her way over to the secretary with an easy smile.
"Hello!" she chirped. "I'm Wanda Endust, and I've lived here in the city for all my life. Not that that's been very long. How's your day --" mindful of the line growing behind her, she cut herself off before she went rambling. "Nevermind, uh. I'm looking for a job as a masseuse. I woulda just gone over to the Soothing Waters myself, but I figured it might be better to just go through here first. Y'know, just in case."
Why are you reading this?
Wanda Endust
Searching for purpose.

Words: 178647
Joined roleplay: May 18th, 2013, 6:10 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Artist (1)

Postby Accolade on May 26th, 2013, 12:45 am

Des

Trega had been busy dusting as she usually did. True, the place wasn't as dirty as it had been in a while, but she wanted to keep it clean for a time more. She turned around and noticed a few more people had wondered in and one who was sitting down. She shrugged, thinking that he would come around when he was ready and awaited the next to come to her desk.

Edreina

"Hello dear one, it just so happens that the While Swan, and Herald's Arms are both looking for bar tenders and the like. You should check there and see which you prefer."

Coud Von Voltarie

"Ah another for the flower stand I see. Well the job of clerk is certainly available for you."

Wanda Enduts

"Ah, well that is wonderful news. Two of the employees from the Soothing Waters recently left so they are in need of help."

Accolade
The Journey begins here...

Words: 307037
Joined roleplay: August 24th, 2012, 12:45 am
Race: Staff account
Office
Medals: 3
Featured Contributor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Trash Medal (1)

Postby Des on May 26th, 2013, 2:43 am

Waiting in his seat patiently looking around at the various people coming and going. Looks over to the des Trega looked less busy. Des likes to wait until the office dies down because he tends to take awhile sorting through contracts. Walks over to Trega's desk and sits down lifts one leg over the other and rest his head on his right palm looks at Trega and says " hello Trega have any interesting contracts on hand "?
Des
Player

Words: 13849
Joined roleplay: May 17th, 2013, 4:18 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

Postby Edreina on May 26th, 2013, 3:10 am

After hearing the openings, Edreina's face broke into a grin and the decision became exceedingly easy for her. In other trips to Syliras, she had visited The White Swan, The Rearing Stallion and, eventually, The Herald's Arms. To her, the atmosphere of the third location had been the most agreeable to her temperament and curiosities. The opportunity to work there would be rather lovely. "I have actually been to both already, and would really prefer to work at The Herald's Arms," she said, grin still present. "Would that be alright?"
Edreina
Unbound

Words: 1079180
Joined roleplay: March 18th, 2013, 1:40 am
Race: Human, Svefra
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 8
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Lore Author (1) Artist (1)
Overlored (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Coud Von Voltaire on May 26th, 2013, 3:33 am

“Ah, thank you madam. Shall I begin work right away or do I need to sign documents?” Cou asked.
Cou was ready to leave the building if he didn’t need to sign document or things like that.
Coud Von Voltaire
The 4th Gen Doll Puppeter

Words: 19979
Joined roleplay: May 20th, 2013, 12:15 pm
Character sheet

Postby Accolade on May 26th, 2013, 5:14 pm

Des

Trega felt bad for the boy, he looked tired, weathered, and even hopeless. Another person down on their luck, this was something that she had seen often and more as the days went by. "You poor dear, how can I help you? Contracts as in?"

Edreina

"That would be wonderful. I'm sure that you will be very welcomed there. As of late they have been having trouble getting new help so I'm sure they will except you with open arms. Good luck!"

Coud Von Voltaire

"You just head right over to the flower stand, and I'll send over the documents to them soon."
Accolade
The Journey begins here...

Words: 307037
Joined roleplay: August 24th, 2012, 12:45 am
Race: Staff account
Office
Medals: 3
Featured Contributor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Trash Medal (1)

Postby Edreina on May 26th, 2013, 5:23 pm

"Thank you very much! I'll head on over there later today!" Edreina's smile seemed as if it would never fade in brightness or warmth as she nodded and turned to leave the Employment Office.
Edreina
Unbound

Words: 1079180
Joined roleplay: March 18th, 2013, 1:40 am
Race: Human, Svefra
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 8
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Lore Author (1) Artist (1)
Overlored (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Wanda Endust on May 26th, 2013, 5:24 pm

"That's great!" she beamed, her excitement causing her voice to raise unexpectedly. Suddenly self-conscious, Wanda shot a quick glance around before shooting a sheepish half-grin. "That's really great. But all of this is really new to me and, uh, I'm not really sure how this works." She cast the secretary an apologetic shrug. "Should I just go on over there and ask for a job? Or is there anything I need to do here first?"

OOCSame question. I'm not entirely sure how this works. :/
Wanda Endust
Searching for purpose.

Words: 178647
Joined roleplay: May 18th, 2013, 6:10 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Artist (1)

Postby Des on May 26th, 2013, 6:16 pm

The look of pity on Trega face annoyed Des. Looking away and saying " bounties, extermination, investigation, deliveries or anything inbetween ". Looking back to her with a paralyzing stare, " Don't judge a book by it's cover " Des says to Terga in a cold voice.
Des
Player

Words: 13849
Joined roleplay: May 17th, 2013, 4:18 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

Postby Vassarka Oleander on May 27th, 2013, 3:11 pm

Timestamp: 81st Spring 513

Vassarka strode into the rickety building that looked like it could use a fresh lick of paint, her boots clicking on the stone tiles that made up the floor. She glanced around disdainfully at the people in the office; nearly all of them looked tired and beaten-down. She was in need of a job, but these people just looked like they had come here for the handouts. There was a slight queue, and so Vassarka got into it, sighing impatiently and fiddling with her hair. Tapping her foot on the ground, she waited for the person in front of her to talk to the secretary. Eventually it was Vassarka's turn. "Good day." she said briskly to the woman behind the counter. "My name'sss Vassarka Oleander, and I'm going to be ssstaying in the city about...let'sss sssay a week." she paused to let the woman write that down. "I'm not too...fussssy about what job it isss that I get, but I'd like to consssider myself somewhat...interested in work of a, ahem, dissscreet nature." Vassarka smiled ever so slightly, showing the woman the merest glimpse of her sharp white teeth. "Do you have anything for me?"
Vassarka Oleander
Vassarka Oleander
Symenestra Traveller

Words: 14737
Joined roleplay: May 13th, 2013, 8:06 pm
Race: Symenestra
Character sheet
Journal

PreviousNext