[Lhavit Location] Cosmos Center

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The Diamond of Kalea is located on Kalea's extreme west coast and called as such because its completely made of a crystalline substance called Skyglass. Home of the Alvina of the Stars, cultural mecca of knowledge seekers, and rife with Ethaefal, this remote city shimmers with its own unique light.

Postby Ophelia on March 13th, 2011, 4:32 am

James Anator

Youchi was somewhat shocked to hear, from the back room of the center, someone out the front dinging the crystal ball almost constantly. She rushed out, worried at what urgent situation she might find. Her hair was frazzled and her eyes were wide, but she stopped short to find a suave looking man, a subtle grin on his face and leaning on the counter. She bowed slightly at him, gesturing for him to plea his case.

Her smile was awkward as the man flirted extensively with her. She had never been flirted with so openly, so brazenly, by someone who did not know her. She could not risk to openly berate him for the risk of offending him, but she by no means could reject him. "Yes, sir, you may speak to me about a job. And I can give you something to do with hunting."

She hesitated at the man's joke, letting forth an awkward little trill of laughter. She couldn't ignore the flirting, she had to make a comment - if only to ward off any further compliments from the cheeky man. "Really, sir, you flatter me too much." She paused, so that he would get the hint that the flirting was not welcome, then continued. "The Fleeting Comet is looking for someone to supply their meat from the Misty Peaks. I can get you to hunt there for them and you would bring the spoils of your kills to the restaurant. Would that be satisfactory?"
Ophelia
Just A Fool's Hope

Words: 97802
Joined roleplay: January 10th, 2011, 12:40 am
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook

Postby Utsu on March 13th, 2011, 5:01 am

"Oh of course" he said reading her body language, she is getting a bit uncomfortable he thought as he watched her. By the time she did her nervous laugh James had a somewhat apologetic face as he answered. "Thank you for your help. I REALLY appreciate it, you don't have to worry about insulting me or anything I'm fine" he answered trying to repair his impression on her. "A job as a supplier would be great. What are the details of this job? You know... Who do I need to talk to? Where can I find them? And what is the stuff I would normally be hunting? All that jazz" he said as he kept a friendly smile at her.
Last edited by Utsu on March 14th, 2011, 3:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Utsu
Hopeless Romantic

Words: 15380
Joined roleplay: March 8th, 2011, 4:27 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet

Postby Ophelia on March 13th, 2011, 11:49 pm

James Anator

oocStart a thread in the Fleeting Comet enquiring about the job. You'll get a short run through and then you'll have it. After you've done that, kelpie will give you your wages and SS thread.

Youchi was glad the man had gotten the hint, and was falling over himself backwards to apologise and repair his impression on her. She couldn't help but smile at the way the man scrambled, looking to rectify and hurts he may have caused. After the awkwardness of the flirting, this change of attitude was indeed refreshing. She had never been hit on by a patron, and she hadn't known what to do.

His smile had turned from charming to friendly as he asked question upon question for the job. "Well, it would require you to be hunting animals - any animal you come across that has a potential for meat. But, obviously, as a Lhavitian I'm sure you know this - do not touch the Okomos." Her face turned serious for a moment and then righted itself. "Head over to the Fleeting Comet anytime and tell them I sent you. They'll hire you and introduce you to the job. Congratulations!"
Ophelia
Just A Fool's Hope

Office
Scrapbook

Postby Soren Thundersong on March 18th, 2011, 4:19 am

3rd of spring 511

Soren walked up to the Cosmos Center, in awe of the amazing carvings and decorations on the building. It was like nothing he had ever seen before. The building was right where the Shinya man had said it would be. Mika, his white fox, poked her head out of his pack, looking half interestedly at her surroundings. A boy was out front, seemingly digging in the mud. As Soren drew closer he saw the boy was gardening. "Its very beautiful. Did you do all this yourself?" He smiled and paused to hear his reply, then made his way t the large wooden door.

Once inside, Soren was surprised at the size of the room. He had expected it much smaller from the looks of the outside. He approached the main desk, noting how clean it was. Mika chittered loudly in his ear. "Of course theres someone here...i think." Noticing a small crystal bell, he tapped it once, twice, three times. It rang out in a musical way. Soren nervously waited to see if someone would come to help him.
Soren Thundersong
Nvr respected, Always forgotten

Words: 26915
Joined roleplay: March 9th, 2011, 7:38 pm
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet

Postby Neville Whitevine on March 24th, 2011, 9:27 am

11th of Spring 511 AV

Neville hated the idea of getting a steady job. Something with such strict time constraints would sharply cut into his time for study and torture. However, it might give him a chance to find suitable victims for his practice. Neville had only been in town for a week, but he had heard this was the place to come for work. Even if he was able to find people to buy his product, it would not be enough to off-set the living expenses in Lhavit. As Neville approached the Cosmos center, he was impressed by the architecture. Lhavit was a beautiful city, but beauty had lost it's effect on Neville. He felt as though he had seen all there was to see the world, and a few pretty buildings wasn't going to change that. However, the expertise it took to construct such a building was something special.

Neville approached the young-looking woman behind a desk and began speaking, assuming she was some sort of receptionist, not the one in charge.
"Hello, I am looking for some form of employment. Who is it that I should speak with?"
Last edited by Neville Whitevine on March 28th, 2011, 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Neville Whitevine
Player

Words: 21990
Joined roleplay: March 9th, 2011, 1:18 am
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Ophelia on March 27th, 2011, 8:26 am

OOCSorry for delay! I feel terrible!

Soren Thundersong

Oishi's head snapped up, somewhat shocked that one of his mother's patrons was talking to him. Usually they swept ride by, in their grand official clothing, or their muddy travelling clothes - never once taking in the sight of the teenaged boy hands and knees in the earthy soil. He was proud of his work, and people didn't notice - which he didn't mind. He did not work for them. He worked for himself, and his mother liked the garden, so who was he to complain? He was shocked, though, when the man complimented him. He wasn't Lhavitian, that much was obvious. He spoke in Common, for starters. Replying back in the same language, he grinned widely and chirped an enthusiastic reply. "Thank you sir! Yes, it's my garden. I'm glad you like it!" He watched with a grin as the man walked inside, off about his daily business, probably never realising he had made Oishi's day. Oishi turned his attention back to the soil, though this time he whistled as he worked.

Youchi was once again summoned from the backroom by that musical crystal ball she had chosen to use. She was glad she picked the crytal ball and not the ball - it was a much nicer way of basically being told 'Oi you, get here now!' She did not feel nearly so much like a puppy dog when she was brought into the limelight by that ringing. "Hello, sir," she began to say, jovially in Lhavitian - whereupon she noticed that he was indeed not of their city. "A Drykas!" she exclaimed, now in Common. "You've come rather a long way. How can I help you?"

Neville Whitevine

Youchi was already behind the counter, having just dealt with another patron. The one before her had been aggressive, simply not understanding that he could be Zintila's personal assistant. She was taking deep breaths, calming breaths, when she was awoken from her meditation by a alrge, walking, talking ape. A breath of air escaped her lips, her eyes wide and jaw dropping. A monkey was in her center! A talking monkey no less! Youchi had heard about these Jamoura, these apes that were highly intelligent, but it was simply the first time she had seen one. She could not help but be a tiny bit shocked by his presence here.

Her pretty cheeks blushed a light red, and she hastily shut her mouth and keep her eyes looking demurely down. How rude of her to gape! She was embarrassed. "P-pardon me for staring, sir," she murmured, speaking in Lhavitian just as he had. "Welcome to the Cosmos Center. I am Youchi Dawn, you may speak with me." She awkwardly cleared her throat, rummaging around for a pen and paper. As much as she needed them, it was more a distracting exercise, so that when she looked up, she was the same impartial Youchi she always strived to be. "How may I help you?"
Ophelia
Just A Fool's Hope

Office
Scrapbook

Postby Herth on March 27th, 2011, 11:34 pm

Spring 23rd, 511 AV
Herth followed the path from the Amaranthine Gate and eventually reached the Cosmos center. Lumbering over to the door of the decorative and elaborately carved building, he knocked several times and called out in a deep rumbling voice "Hello? I'd like to make arrangements for an apartment and a job,"

Waiting for the door to be opened, Herth noticed a small boy in the garden outside the building. Moving over, he dropped to all fours to admire the plants "You might want to water the bottom row a little more" suggested the Jamoura "They're wilting a bit"
Herth
Player

Words: 4361
Joined roleplay: March 27th, 2011, 6:57 pm
Race: Jamoura
Character sheet

Postby Soren Thundersong on March 28th, 2011, 1:41 am

Soren was slightly surprised when the pretty young woman walked out from the back room. "Uh..Hi. Im Soren Thundersong, of the diamond clan." He rubbed the back of his neck nervously. Mika eyed the woman for a moment, then yawned, obviously uncaring about their business. "I need a place to stay. Preferably not an inn." He nodded a bit. smiling he looked at her. "Yea. Thats what I want." He grinned and flipped his pack off his shoulders. Startled Mika jumped out and grumbled at him. Ignoring her, he dug into his pack searching for his mizas.
Soren Thundersong
Nvr respected, Always forgotten

Words: 26915
Joined roleplay: March 9th, 2011, 7:38 pm
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet

Postby Neville Whitevine on March 29th, 2011, 4:34 am

Neville had not had his Jamoura body long, but he was already beginning to get used to the strange looks. Not many people had seen giant talking apes, so the reaction was warranted. In fact, he had the same reaction the first time he saw one. The only difference was that reaction was followed by the desire to kill one and take it's impressive form. However, Neville assumed the same was not usually the reaction for people.

"I am here for a job. Salary is not something I am concerned with. What matters to me is hours. I want a job that does not require long hours or a large number of hours a week."

Neville was straight forward and to the point. He did not was to be here for long as he was anxious to bet back to his office and finish setting everything up.

Neville Whitevine
Player

Words: 21990
Joined roleplay: March 9th, 2011, 1:18 am
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Julian on April 2nd, 2011, 6:51 am

Spring, Day 21, 511AV

Seeing the Cosmos Center now, set aglow by the city lights, Julian felt like a complete idiot. After getting some directions from a few helpful and friendly Common-speaking Lhavitians (and in the process, making a number of humiliating faux pas), he did finally make his way back to the city's entrance. He realized now that he had seen the Center when he'd arrived in the city several days ago, and could have avoided getting lost altogether. Spectacular.

He smiled out of personal chagrin. No matter, really. It was only a minor annoyance - he was just a bit stressed, perhaps. And understandably so, by anyone's bloody definition.

As he stepped inside the Cosmos Center, he was surprised to feel his heart sink. It was barely more than a large office, furnished with a few desks and potted plants, appointed neatly around the circular room. There wasn't a great deal else. Julian grimaced - he'd only arrived in Lhavit several days ago, but already he'd grown so accustomed to the breathtaking architecture and the artistic sculpting of buildings and fixtures all over the city. The Center, however, was a stark contrast to Lhavit's elegance and charm. Granted, the desks were alabaster and gracefully designed, and the fascinating yet modest works of art hung along the walls gave the room a pleasing appeal. It all just felt so official, so... well, not quite as soulless as the offices he remembered from Syliras, but not a far cry from that, either.

Finishing his survey of the room, he slipped a hand in a pocket as he approached an ornate crystal bell. He tilted his head to study it for a moment, then rapped his fingers against it gently. The formality of it all, the ring of what served as a summoning device, sent a certain unease to the pit of his stomach. The words from Rowan's journal about the meaninglessness of business and money suddenly began to play in his mind, but he shook them away. That man had no place here.

Julian glanced over as he saw a young woman approaching him. He met her with a placid, if cold smile and nodded in greeting. It occurred to him belatedly that bowing was a traditional Lhavitian sign of respect, but he decided that by now, an appropriate time to do it had passed. Though he was a quarter Lhavitian himself, all he'd learned of the local etiquette had been entirely in the city itself.

"Evening," he greeted flatly in Common. Almost unconsciously, he ended up giving a slight bow anyway. Make up your mind, you buffoon. "My name is Julian Meredith. I arrived here in Lhavit the other day, and I'm seeking a temporary arrangement for employment here the city. I'm a musician by trade - I play the cello. Would you be able to help or..." Julian looked her over, then glanced around at the other secretaries. She did look official, but he was suddenly unsure whether he was speaking to the right person. "Are you the person to speak to? Or a secretary? Please don't be a secretary. I have embarrassed myself enough these past few days."
Julian
Cellist

Words: 189595
Joined roleplay: March 19th, 2011, 12:14 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 1
Artist (1)

PreviousNext