[Syliras Location] Welcome Center/Employment Office

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

Postby Alcore Silver on September 3rd, 2011, 2:42 pm

Day 2 of Fall 511 AV --- Alcore saw a crowd of people standing outside the bilding and went over to check it out, there was a sign that said Employment Office "I could use some mizas." he said to himself. He forced himself to the front of the crowd and busted trew the door "My names Alcore" he said "and i'm looking for a job that showcases my skills." He flashed his blade to the woman behind the desk. "I'm not planing to stay here for long so somthing quick would be good."
Last edited by Alcore Silver on September 18th, 2011, 8:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Alcore Silver
Player

Words: 4850
Joined roleplay: August 31st, 2011, 6:03 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet

Postby Adam Quick on September 12th, 2011, 8:05 am

12th of Fall 511 av

dark boot heels clicked against a hard floor as Adam entered the office. Well worn clothing clung the lithe form of a man who used his clothes for all they were worth, squeezing every penny from them. Evidently, it was time to replace some of them. Mr. Quick flashed a white smile to his greeter and pulled a coin from his pocket. He began rolling it between his fingers in a sort of hypnotic rythm.

"I've been led to believe that this is the place to come if I was looking for a job." Adam chirped in a melodic tone. He put the coin on the desk and spun it, but kept his gaze steady and warm towards his greeter.

"I was hoping to find employment at the spinning coin, I'm sure my quick hands could be put to use there."
Adam Quick
Dirty Rotten Scoundrel

Words: 21179
Joined roleplay: August 3rd, 2011, 11:02 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Dusk on September 17th, 2011, 7:38 pm

Auron

The elderly woman smiled warmly as he spoke, and nodded a few times as he explained his situation. "Fletching," she said with a chuckle. "That's the word you're looking for, the making arrows thing. If that's your interest, I would suggest you head over to The Feather and Shaft. Kalvin is always looking for someone to help out. If you've any knowledge of herbs and would prefer wandering outdoors, you can speak to Mistress Sahfri at Stormhold Salves, since she's good for a few quick searching jobs without the worry of permanent employment. And as for staying here, you can either spend your coin at the Traveler's Row or you can pitch your tent outside the walls, though that's a little less safe. Generally speaking, you should be fine if you stay near the city, but there's always a chance of something happening."

Alcore

At the flash of the blade, the elderly woman behind the desk gave a start and there was a bit of a screech as her chair backed up quickly. Silence drifted through the room as people turned to stare suspiciously at him, and tension mounted as the seconds ticked by.

"Young man," the woman finally said, disapproval clear in her voice, "if you've come here to find a job stabbing people, I regret to say you've arrived in the wrong city. We don't approve of such things here," she said with a glare.

OOCAs a note, on your character sheet your "Lore of Languages" doesn't work like that. You can't just speak all languages well. Per the starting package, you can choose which languages you understand at different levels. You'll need to go back and change that. You also have 15 more points to spend because of your racial bonus. Send me a PM if you have any questions!

Adam Quick

The elderly woman looked Adam over for a moment, and then a sharp smile twitched into place and she chuckled. "Without a doubt," she replied, reaching over to pull a bit of paper from a pile on the desk and scribbling down some directions. "You can find the Spinning Coin in the Warehouse District on the other side of the citadel, near the docks. Just follow this, and give it to the doorman so he knows we've referred you."
PLEASE NOTE: Finals are over, but summer is eating my soul. As such, as of the end of June I will not be accepting any new quests/modded threads until I finish some of the ones I've already started/agreed to. My apologies for this, but I don't want to be unfair to those who have been waiting for replies!

Dusk's Office - Information on Syliras - Help Desk
Dusk
DS: Syliras and Wildlands

Words: 341560
Joined roleplay: April 6th, 2010, 5:33 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 7
Featured Contributor (1) Trailblazer (1)
Donor (1) Power Fork (2)
Trash Medal (1) Thunderspork (1)

Postby Alcore Silver on September 17th, 2011, 9:33 pm

As Alcore looked around at the people watching him his face began to redden. "sorry miss it's been sometime since i'v been in a place like this." He places his blade back by his side "forgive my stupidity." he bowed his head I think i'm going to go search for work somewere else." Alcore ran out of the door trying to escape the shame.
Last edited by Alcore Silver on September 18th, 2011, 8:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Alcore Silver
Player

Words: 4850
Joined roleplay: August 31st, 2011, 6:03 pm
Character sheet

Postby Harper on September 17th, 2011, 11:03 pm

17 of Fall, 511 AV

A job. That's not something that I'm used to needing, Harper thought to herself. She was living in a city now, not traveling as she had been; she needed money to function. She had some money saved up, but it wouldn't last forever and she needed to start saving up again.

So she found herself at the Welcome Center and Employment Office. She was nervous, because she wasn't sure what she'd be good at. Other than studying, reading, and practicing magic, she didn't do much else. But that had to change now if she wanted to make it in Syliras. So she gathered up her courage and went inside.

She looked around the office for a minute or two, and finally approached the desk. "Um, excuse me," She said awkwardly to the woman behind the desk. "I'm in need of a job. I'll be staying here until the end of the season, at least, so I'll need some kind of income. I'm not particularly sure what I could do. I'm skilled in magic, Voiding to be specific. I'm sure I'd do well in a bookshop. This might sound odd, but I can handle the dead, so I might be helpful with something like Embalming. Or maybe a magic shop..." Harper felt herself blush. She was having word-vomit again, spitting out every word that came to her mind. And once it started, it didn't stop.

She took a deep breath and exhaled slowly. "What I'm trying to say is, I'm not picky. I'll take anything you can give me, really. Although I won't be any help with extreme physical labor." So Harper waited for the woman to reply.
"Rather die hard than die hallow."
Harper
Player

Words: 65499
Joined roleplay: August 31st, 2011, 11:54 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal

Postby Dusk on September 23rd, 2011, 11:47 pm

Harper

The elderly woman behind the desk just sort of blinked at her a moment until a bemused little smile took hold of her mouth. "What a charming little thing," she laughed, reaching up to pat Harper on the shoulder, a comforting, grandmotherly gesture. "Don't worry, my dear, we'll get you settled. Now. Let's see," she said, reaching for a ledger book and flipping through the pages. "Well, honestly, if you're not too squeamish about the dead, Li Mauta is a good place to work. The wages are usually a bit higher since it's hard to people who want to work there. And Benoit's a good man, one of the best, and don't let anyone tell you different," she said with a firm nod.

She reached for a bit of parchment and scribbled down some directions and a short note. "Bring this over to him and you tell him Trega sent you. He'll take care of you," she said with a final smile.
PLEASE NOTE: Finals are over, but summer is eating my soul. As such, as of the end of June I will not be accepting any new quests/modded threads until I finish some of the ones I've already started/agreed to. My apologies for this, but I don't want to be unfair to those who have been waiting for replies!

Dusk's Office - Information on Syliras - Help Desk
Dusk
DS: Syliras and Wildlands

Words: 341560
Joined roleplay: April 6th, 2010, 5:33 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 7
Featured Contributor (1) Trailblazer (1)
Donor (1) Power Fork (2)
Trash Medal (1) Thunderspork (1)

Postby Harper on September 24th, 2011, 6:20 pm

Harper stiffened a little when the elderly woman laid her hand on her shoulder, but she tried not to show it; she just wasn't used to physical contact. But she was a kind woman, and Harper appreciated that.

"Li Mauta? Got it." Harper said with a slight smile and she took the piece of paper from the woman.

"And I'll take your word for it," She said with a small laugh whenever the woman talked highly of a man apparently named Benoit, whom Harper assumed was the owner, or at least manager, of Li Mauta.

"Thank you so much, for everything," Harper said finally as she turned away and exited the Office.
"Rather die hard than die hallow."
Harper
Player

Words: 65499
Joined roleplay: August 31st, 2011, 11:54 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal

Postby Khaled on October 8th, 2011, 2:36 am

Timestamp: 17th day of Fall, 511 AV.

It had taken a while for Khaled to get into the stride of things, he'd spent the first two weeks looking and being shown around Syliras. But the time had come for him to get a job, money was needed for him to continue living in this marvelous place, and he still didn't want to sell too much of his precious silk, it was the last resort.

Which was why he was here. A knight had pointed out the employment office to him and Khaled had eagerly stepped into the building ”hello” said he hesitatingly before continuing on with his horrible broken accent, ”I was told this is employment office, yes?” He looks at the woman at the counter ”I am Khaled. I will be staying in Syliras for a while, and I need job.” he placed his left hand on the counter where the opal mark of Rak'keli shimmered on his hand ”I have mark of healing goddess and I have worked in healers' tent all my life” said he tentatively, trying to smile to feel a little less embarrassed, ”maybe I can work in Syliras healers' tent?”

How he hated this inability to speak properly, he knew the words were wrong but knew not with what to replace them.
Khaled
Player

Words: 18131
Joined roleplay: September 6th, 2011, 2:40 pm
Race: Human, Benshira
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Siola on October 8th, 2011, 6:35 pm

18th day of fall, AV 511

Just a few more steps…

Breaking into a halt from her long walk, Siola tilted her head up and gazed wistfully up at the building in front of her. A sharp gust of wind hurled around her as she stood still catching her hair and snapping it around her face, but she was too worried to care. Her stomach turned knots inside her, wishing that she didn’t have to do this. Have to go in and ask. But she had to. Her small hands clenched into fists in determination. There was no denying it now. She was nearly out of money, which meant no lodging or food. No one paid a flutist on the streets whilst winter rolled in. They had better things to do. Preparing for the worst. Get the harvest in. Get wood. The list could cover many a piece of parchment.

Biting down her irrational fears, she strolled in, muttering what she would say over and over again to herself, hoping that all would be well in the end. If not.. well, that was something not for present thought. The room was quiet, which surprised her, being the welcoming centre for the city, before she noted it was early morning, and not many souls wished to venture out just after the rise of the sun. Siola approached a desk, pasting on a smile. ‘Hello.’ She said nervously, un used to talking to strangers. ‘I was wondering if I could apply for a job, my names Siola and I come from Zeltiva and have lived in this region for around 6 monthes..’ Her words spilled out of her mouth before she could stop them. She paused and took a breath before starting again. ‘I am a bard, more specifically a flutist, although I have a past in sea faring. My family used to run a hotel, so I have a history in hospitality also.’ She finished once again in a rush. Hoping that what she had told the person would be enough.
Siola
I wish to know if the stories are true.

Words: 22649
Joined roleplay: April 9th, 2011, 9:30 am
Blog: View Blog (1)
Character sheet

Postby Mazirion on October 22nd, 2011, 6:16 pm

Timestamp: Spring, AV 511
Evening

Mazirion strolled into the job center, his cloak still round his waist and his jacket now open, revealing a white linen shirt underneath. Walking to the secretary - he cared not who she was - he stood there until she looked up at him. Old, kindly eyes regarded his cold face with a hint of worry and more than a little pity. Mazirion didn't understand why - he hadn't had a hard time of it getting here and he didn't have any obvious scars.

"Yes?" she asked in a surprisingly well-aged voice. Mazirion replied, disconcertingly quickly. "Is this the job center?" he asked in a monotone voice. After she nodded briefly at him, he continued, "I am a smith and I seek work. I have heard people mention 'Sultros Blades'. Is there a position there?"
"The heavens are a black abyss, and the divine can have them."
Mazirion
Some seek to control. I seek to learn.

Words: 11430
Joined roleplay: October 20th, 2011, 8:11 pm
Race: Isur
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

PreviousNext