[Inclement Weather] Messing Around (Eoin)

Addy teaches Eoin how to loosen up a little.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The westernmost tip of Kalea, Wind Reach is home to an amazing group of people and their giant eagle mounts. [Lore]

Postby Aidara on October 12th, 2011, 7:03 pm

"No really... It's okay..." Addy knew exactly what Sira was doing, knew that she would no back down until Eoin passed or failed her tests. But she felt like she had to say something. The moment had passed and everything about the situation left Addy as dry as a bone, completely turned off and simply wishing that she could go back to sleep.

Eoin wasn't looking at her. He wasn't looking at either of the women, so he would miss the weary expression on her face, the pleading gaze she threw at him in hopes that he would just go along with it. Yes, Sira did have a point. He needed to find a sense of humor. Such a droll, steady and serious demeanor was only good in so many situations. Addy had personally found it easier to deal with life when you could laugh it off. After going through a few depressed and angsty seasons, she even had experience to back up this theory. When she was always mad, sad, and angry... nothing was fun. Everything was difficult and dramatic. And yet, it was Eoin's serious, withdrawn side that drew Addy too him. He was so opposite of herself that she was intoxicated and completely intrigued by it.

"Breakfast would be nice..." She prompted, when Eoin was quiet for more than a few moments. She wanted to break the silence and any opportunity Sira would have to add on another stipulation. "I am starving. I could eat two whole sets of rations...But I guess I could share one with you.." She tried her best to make her voice light and joking, so that Eoin would have no chance to take what she was saying the wrong way. Addy left out the specifics that if he ate with her, he would be allowed an Endal ration. She thought that would not help the case, pointing out their caste differences yet again.

Falling silent, Addy fidgeted as she waited for Eoin and Sira to finish their dance of words.

OOCI kept it short because well..there wasn't really much for me to do without Eoin having responded.

Aidara
The "i" is silent

Words: 946840
Joined roleplay: October 6th, 2010, 5:20 am
Race: Human, Inarta
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 10
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (1)
Peer Reviewer (1) Trailblazer (1)
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Wind Reach Seasonal  Challenge (1)
Power Fork (1) 2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Eoin on October 24th, 2011, 6:01 pm

He was stopped, or rather, stopped himself, unable to go against the authority of an Endal though only a finger stood in his path. Already barricaded within his shame, the walls were soon strengthened with a thick paste of guilt, fortifying his defences. He could write it off as self-preservation, but in the end, his act was a selfish one. Rather to meet the eyes of Aidara, to acknowledge her role in placing him in such a situation, Eoin sought escape. In a way, his work ethic could be attributed to fear, much like the others of his or lower caste. Death, diseases, abuse, those were common fears, but losing his humanity, that he could not tolerate. The Avora could not let himself slip away and retreat to a fantasy of his own making.

They were not the same, those two.

Gradually, as the realization became fact, Eoin made an effort toward Aidara, his motions slow and purposeful as he turned to face her. However, before catching sight of her pleading expression, a thought interrupted his mind. The voice was female, Sira’s, but it existed within his mind and thus, he reasoned it to be his own imagining, as though he were encouraging himself to face the other Endal. It was not until the use of “you” and “my blessing” that his eyes widened gently, a surprised green meeting sharpened gold. He had been spoken to; his mind for the briefest of moments was touched by a Wind Eagle, an honour he thought he would never experience. Eoin felt undeserving of the privilege to connect with one of her kind, remembering his embarrassment all the more, the strength of its return amplified. In his awe and shock, the Avora had unintentionally made eye contact, and despite the calm behind his gaze, his mind was racing with excitement. Having missed the elusive grin but managing to catch Sira’s playful wink, Eoin could say with certainty that it had been in fact just a game, for finally there was definitive proof.

But what of it? Here was another curve ball being thrown his way. Rare were the opportunities where Eoin been tested in such a manner, the subject intangible and questions unclear. Intuition warned him to tread carefully, but caution clouded his mind, even if the man was dismissive of his gut feelings. Change could not be expected of him, not when he had remained stagnant for so many years and not in such a short period of time. However transformative this experience had been so far, and however much his mind was swayed to think differently, he needed to sleep on it, to recover and reflect. Thus, when faced with Sira’s challenge, he responded with a similar tone of obedience following Aidara’s response.

“I apologize, and thank you, Sira.” Though complaisant, there was stability behind his words, his quiet confidence returning. Was his certainty the result of the brief, empowering sensation of Sira’s voice speaking to his mind and her blessing, or a lightened mindset toward the situation? At the time, there was no answer. Looking back, Eoin might have agreed with the latter, and that these moments were the beginnings of a turning point for him.

To Aidara, he nodded slightly in agreement regarding breakfast, unable to muster a smile just yet to relieve her worries. “Please, after you.” Following her lead, the Avora felt his muscles relax and jaw grow slack, growing almost comfortable when the two reached the bath. Free from Sira’s penetrating gaze and confounding presence, he was able to concentrate solely on Aidara, finding welcomed relief in her company. At the first acceptable chance at moving freely, Eoin excused himself and moved toward his bryda, picking up the soggy fabric off the floor before wringing it damp in the bath. He then draped the lone piece of protective clothing near the bath before starting the water, returning wordlessly to the Endal’s side.

oocI assumed Addy would agree to the whole bath idea, but if not, I can always rewrite that part of the post. Sorry for the quality, getting back into roleplaying after almost non-stop studying = just a little bit awkward. :(
Eoin
Player

Words: 148430
Joined roleplay: April 20th, 2011, 4:31 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Aidara on November 2nd, 2011, 12:11 am

Sira’s anger had initially thrown Addy off balance. Never before had they encountered an issue when it came to whom they chose to warm their bed. Never before had Sira tried to run off one of her lovers. Two conflicting emotions lent to Addy’s waif like reaction and the way she hovered on the edges of the conflict. The first was the confusion she felt at Eoin’s semi-acquiescent attitude and the way he still held himself away from her. The second was a mixture of anger and guilt at Sira, her initial emotion being conflicted by the guilt. Was she acting this way because of the raging hormones? Had the baby kicked her the wrong way, kept her up and uncomfortable during her Watch? Was she really just that mad at Addy?

This emotional battle waged while Sira ripped Eoin a new one, the man backing down before the angered Wind Eagle. Really, it was the worst thing he could do. How could he not see that Sira was testing him? She didn’t want Addy messing around with a pushover, someone who couldn’t stand up for himself.

Please, Sira. She whispered, her mental voice pleading even as she tried to keep her face from showing such emotion. Obviously, Addy missed any and all humor in the situation. Give him a break or I just might have to stab your next lover in the eye. The threat was an empty one, full of desperation. Having just met him, the woman had no idea what this little game of Sira’s would actually do to Eoin.

“I apologize, and thank you, Sira.” Apparently, something had gone on that Addy had completely missed. Stepping forward from where she hovered in the shadows, the healer held up a hand, looking from amazed green eyes to laughing golden ones.

“Whoa, whoa, whoa. What…”

“Please, after you.”

She was cut off, Eoin ushering her forward with the steady seriousness in which he had regarded her the night before. Great, so they were back there again? Not only had they shared a bed as well as in intimate night, but Addy thought they had started to make some actual progress between them. Following Eoin’s lead in silence, Addy turned and marched through the doorway. Her silent leave of Sira spoke volumes to the other woman: This wasn't over. Sira would be getting an earful after Eoin left.

Striding as quickly as she could across the open common room and into the bathroom. Sira was not given a glance or a word when she left, for she was really the one at fault here; Addy was unaware of the silent truce that had breached the gap of miscommunication between Sira and Eoin. She had even less idea that Eoin was ushering her away of his own accord, that Sira had given him permission rather than an order.

Waiting just inside the doorjamb for Eoin, Addy slammed the heavy wooden door shut after his heels cleared the door’s path. It was a loud and sudden sound that surely would have made the healer jump had she not been the one to push the door into its swing.

“So, what now? We pretend to have some fun so that Sira doesn’t get angrier?” Crossing her arms over her chest, Addy leaned back against the closed door, pinning her flashing green gaze on a spot between Eoin’s shoulder blades. Though she was completely wrong about it all, the only thing Addy could see before her was a man who couldn’t stand up for himself, nor would he stand up for her and the small, tiny connection that they had. Or, that she thought they had. Instead now she was left feeling foolish for trying, for hoping or reaching towards a connection that she hadn’t realized she longed for. For the warmth of a man’s strong touch. A tough, confident man’s touch. But… was Eoin any of those at all?

With her minds eye flicking images of Kovac at her, his smirking grin piercing the rampage of confusing emotions within her, Addy realized that she hadn’t felt this confused since she first tried to rectify her feelings for the Snarky little Hunter. What was it about these men who walled themselves off from even their own true feelings that drew Addy in so surely?

It had always irritated the woman when she sought the company of another and was denied such; she was attractive and knew how to act, a social perfectionist that could read a person almost as easily as she could read a book. However, these two men had proven to be her undoing. Kovac, whom she had never consummated her desire for, and Eoin who had shared her bed and yet… still this feeling of being unable to attain plagued her.

Somewhere in the back of her mind, an image stirred; Kovac, with his sad eyes, walls of indifference keeping anyone who wasn’t looking closely enough from seeing what was really inside. And Eoin, with the same eyes, sad and protected yet with something more... an anger that Addy hadn’t seen in her Hunters. They both needed fixing, and it had been more than reaffirmed within herself that Addy had been made to fix.

That small realization quelled the bubbling anger within her chest, but it did little to sate her current irritation. Once the healer took hold of an emotion, it was hard for her to let it go until it had run its course. Eoin had some explaining to do, some apologizing as well, and the fact that she might have touched on some answers within herself didn’t change that.

He had his back to her, so his face was a mystery though his silence had become what she expected of him. It took a matter of moments before Addy realized that Eoin was cleaning up, that he hadn’t stooped to more easily fold his body into a sitting position on the warm stone floor of the washroom.

“Oh, just leave it and look at me.” But still he hung the bryda up and started the bath water before responding to her wishes. Well, that was something at least; she had only been trying to get him to treat her like an equal their whole friendship thus far, and any other Endal wouldn't drop what he was doing to listen to her. Yes, Addy liked to be obeyed. It was a privilege that being Endal had shown her and one to which she had quickly found useful; while she didn’t make it a common practice to boss Avora around, the spare Dek she passed, who seemed to be slacking on his work was quick to run and get her whatever she desired.

Waiting until Eoin stopped in front of her, Addy propped her hands up on her bare hips, canting them slightly as she leaned her shoulder against the wall.

“What was that about? You know, in my presence, in my bed, you’re allowed to stand up for yourself? Do I not get the same respect of someone of your own caste, should you have been sleeping with them when another barged in? Something tells me you would have put the barger-inner in their place, had that been the case.”

Brow furrowing, Addy let her irritation grab hold of her tongue, not really realizing how silly she sounded as she spoke without thinking first. Fingers tapped against her hip bone, her lips turned down in a frown that looked more like a pout than anything else. In fact, she looked very petulant.

“Maybe this was a bad idea. If you don’t want to be in my company, than just say so. Gods forbid you’re forced to be around me.”
Aidara
The "i" is silent

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Aidara on February 5th, 2012, 7:57 pm

It had been hours since Eoin left, and still Addy reeled from the encounter. What.... had happened? One minute, they were fine and the next, Sira was pushing them back into a room together, naked and alone.

Of course, Eoin had bolted. It seemed the emotional strain of... whatever this could be called... had finally taken it's toll. He had been nice about it, of course, but he had fled none the less. Addy tried not to take it personally; no one ran out on her, ever. It was a losing battle, though. Curled up on her spongy sofa and wrapped in a fur of the darkest black ( a gift from Sira during the early stages of their courting), Addy nursed a glass of warmed wine. Her intentions weren't to get drunk, no, the wine was meant to lessen the sting that she felt, ease the chill from her bones and perhaps make her sleepy.

Sira had left again, either off hunting or just for a fly, leaving Addy alone in the Aerie. Sairque and Catabasis were gods knows where, as the woman hardly ever saw her twin anymore. Normally, being as alone as she was would have sent the little healer running from the rooms and dragging the first warm body she found back into her bed. Solitude terrified her... or it used too.

A small smile curled the edges of her lips and cupping the glass in both hands, she raised it to her lips for a small sip. How far she had come.
Aidara
The "i" is silent

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Halcyon on March 1st, 2012, 5:41 pm

Aidara

Experience

Skill XP Earned
Conversation 2
Lores

• Anxiety
  • Threatening Sira
  • He’s a Brick Wall

Eoin

Experience

Skill XP Earned
Conversation 1
Lores

• Blessings and Apologies

Again, I'm sorry to have seen this end so abruptly!! Let me know if there are any other skills/lores I might have missed or that you'd like for me to consider.
Halcyon
But what's the world without enigma?

Words: 33815
Joined roleplay: November 19th, 2011, 12:51 am
Race: Staff account
Office

Postby Gossamer on October 31st, 2012, 10:30 am

Character: Aidara
Experience: +1 Persuasion, +2 Socialization, +2 Observation, +1 Leadership, +1 Unarmed Combat, +3 Seduction
Lore: Eoin: Family size, Eoin Can Hold His Own In A Fight, Eoin: Regretful Of Others Getting Injured On His Behalf, Eoin: A Good Lover

Character: Eoin
Experience: +2 Observation, +2 Socialization, +1 Listening, +2 Unarmed Combat, +3 Seduction,
Lore: Aidara: Family size, Inclimate Weather Can Be Dangerous, Aidara: Spitfire And Playful In Bed

Character: Sira
Experience: +2 Leadership, +2 Persuasion.
Lore: You’re A Smartass. Screening Aidara's Lovers

Additional Note: Well, obviously this had to be regarded. I have no idea if the previous mod was dead during his grading session or if he just missed a few pages. Here’s your new scores. Disregard the old previous grade. I’m still waiting for an Aidara+Sira plus some unsuspecting boy scene. Anyhow, cute thread. I enjoyed everyone’s roles in it. Keep up the good work.
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6357847
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Previous