Inarta: We're Gingers and Proud.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This forum is dedicated to housing a thread for each race wherein each race gets to keep in touch with each other, check-in, chit-chat, plot the further advancement of their race, tell jokes, post pictures, keep in contact, etc. Look for your race's thread and feel free to join in the discussion - whatever that may be on any given day!

Postby Indigo on September 25th, 2011, 4:28 pm

That is all.
Indigo
As you wish (no1 gets princess bride quotes)

Words: 84986
Joined roleplay: August 31st, 2011, 10:46 pm
Race: Staff account

Postby Krysanthe on September 28th, 2011, 9:30 pm

I'm pretty sure we were the first race to reach the third page. Wooo!

Gingers rule.
Update 12/30: -My list- Defining the Different - Beauty and the Beast - A Pinion a Pair - Always the Quiet Ones - Grief

"Why is it that the cherished moments we love the most are gone in a heartbeat... and the moments that we wish could just be done with never seem to end? The answer: It is truly the smallest moments of laughter and love that we are to remember forever, simply because it was gone so soon that it lingers in our minds..."
Krysanthe
The Living Contradiction

Words: 130540
Joined roleplay: June 29th, 2011, 4:43 am
Race: Human, Inarta
Character sheet

Postby Eoin on September 30th, 2011, 9:40 pm

...because Eoin is totally the perfect person to post this:

Scratch the first part and we've got ourselves a winner :)
Eoin
Player

Words: 148430
Joined roleplay: April 20th, 2011, 4:31 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Sarye on October 1st, 2011, 1:29 am

Sarye
Player

Words: 20102
Joined roleplay: August 9th, 2011, 5:01 am
Character sheet

Postby Sarye on October 1st, 2011, 1:31 am

Too cute!!!!
Sarye
Player

Words: 20102
Joined roleplay: August 9th, 2011, 5:01 am
Character sheet

Postby Aidara on October 1st, 2011, 2:27 am

Aidara
The "i" is silent

Words: 946840
Joined roleplay: October 6th, 2010, 5:20 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 10
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (1)
Peer Reviewer (1) Trailblazer (1)
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Wind Reach Seasonal  Challenge (1)
Power Fork (1) 2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Aidara on October 1st, 2011, 2:28 am

BEST SHIRT EVER

Aidara
The "i" is silent

Words: 946840
Joined roleplay: October 6th, 2010, 5:20 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 10
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (1)
Peer Reviewer (1) Trailblazer (1)
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Wind Reach Seasonal  Challenge (1)
Power Fork (1) 2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Jonathon DuFraine on October 24th, 2011, 8:59 am

*peeks in* Woah. Gingers.
...Awesome!
Jonathon DuFraine
Vigilant Hunter

Words: 71575
Joined roleplay: December 14th, 2010, 7:35 am
Character sheet

Postby Indigo on October 25th, 2011, 7:07 pm

I have an idea and I'm hoping it will catch on. While it's great that we have our racial pride threads, why don't we take a step further and show what are races really are to help out new players in deciding on a race.

Inarta are of course lovely gingers first and foremost.
Traits: Caste conscious, hard working, elitist about mixed bloods and other races, passionate, egocentric and independent.

Caste and purebreds are everything in Wind Reach. Caste lets others know how to treat you, how much money and respect you earn and how valuable a society member you are. If you're a mixed blood Inarta, expect some serious ragging about it! Even the lowest caste Dek will hold him or herself above a mixed blood of higher caste! It doesn't make a lot of sense, but we gingers are crazy like that. :p

What's with all the nomadic rogues and house cashing in? From mid fall to solid mid spring, Inarta are stuck inside for pretty much 3/4 of the year so housing (excluding Deks only) is essential for survival! You can wander the warrens and underground caves and such but the weather is severe enough to close down all outdoor activity from mid fall, all of winter and mid spring. Claustrophobics would have a hard time with this lifestyle.

This unique society is based on merit and because of it, children aren't raised with their parents, and most don't even know who their mother or father is-because it doesn't matter. The child of 2 Dek parents can still become an Endal, which is great! The children are brought up in a nursery and then at 8 years old, they become Yasi.

Being Yasi is a learning period of equal opportunity for all youths between 8 and 14 years old. When you turn 15, you need to have learned and perfected a skill or your rank is Dek/drudge.

Each Inarta works hard to provide food and clothing for the whole community, which is why the caste system is so important. An Endal, Wind Eagle rider, provides the most for the city, so they are the most respected. These are a people of both a selfless and conceited nature. Their pride is largely based on how much they can do for others.

Gingers, can you think of any other fascinating bits of knowledge that we can share with new players about our society? People of other cultures--why don't you hop in your racial pride thread and share with everyone about what makes your culture so special and unique!

Yes as always, read the links in my sig if you'd like to know more about the Inarta!
Indigo
As you wish (no1 gets princess bride quotes)

Words: 84986
Joined roleplay: August 31st, 2011, 10:46 pm
Race: Staff account

Postby Krysanthe on October 25th, 2011, 10:03 pm

I have a question, my fellow gingers!

I have noticed in the threads that I have been stalking *coughcough* that there are some Nari-esc phrases that people keep throwing about when their characters get frustrated, and I was curious if there were any little Inarta-sounding words and such that people like to use! I think one was like, what was it... Petching? Just little things like that.
Update 12/30: -My list- Defining the Different - Beauty and the Beast - A Pinion a Pair - Always the Quiet Ones - Grief

"Why is it that the cherished moments we love the most are gone in a heartbeat... and the moments that we wish could just be done with never seem to end? The answer: It is truly the smallest moments of laughter and love that we are to remember forever, simply because it was gone so soon that it lingers in our minds..."
Krysanthe
The Living Contradiction

Words: 130540
Joined roleplay: June 29th, 2011, 4:43 am
Character sheet

PreviousNext