[The Nimble Thimble] In Need Of Work (Cheshire)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This northernmost city is the home of Morwen, The Goddess of Winter, and her followers who dwell year round in a land of frozen wonder. [Lore]

Postby Aurore Isatis on December 24th, 2011, 7:29 am

63rd of Fall, 511 AV

Aurore spent a good half of the morning exploring the Frozen Fall's Market, seeing the many different shops and stalls scattered about. To her surprise, Aurore was actually enjoying the winter air, even though it nipped at her skin with surprising viciousness.

The wind-chill eventually picked up and became a little too much for Aurore to handle, so she quickly ran into the nearest store. As she closed the door, which required quite a bit of force due to the blasting wind, she turned around and brushed off her snow-covered cloak. She could feel tiny ice crystals all in her hair, too, which annoyed her because she knew that it would melt and make it seem as if she had just finished swimming.

But Aurore forgot all of her troubles when she noticed what kind of shop she was in. All she could see were rows and rows of different colored fabrics and cloths, and a large smile crept across her face. It was her dream store, truth be told. Aurore loved to sew and repair clothing. She even enjoyed making her own clothes from time to time.

She stepped forward, hearing her leather-skinned shoes make a loud clunking noise against the wooden flooring. She looked up with wonder, admiring the different colors and textures she saw.

When she noticed the elderly woman knitting by the fireplace near the back of the store, she quickly headed over to her, and smiled.

"You have such a lovely store here, I am absolutely in love with it," She said to the woman. Aurore wasn't usually one to approach others and start a conversation, but she felt it unnecessary to compliment the store's owner.

"My name is Aurore, and I was wondering, do you ever need any help? I've just arrived in town, and I'm in need of some sort of income. I have skills in sewing and I honestly adore the art...So I'd be thrilled if you'd consider hiring me." Aurore wondered if maybe she was a bit too bold to ask for a job without even knowing the woman well, but she figured that it was now or never. She needed money, and she knew that the Thimble Nimble was the perfect place for her.
Aurore Isatis
Player

Words: 5823
Joined roleplay: December 23rd, 2011, 6:40 am
Race: Symenestra
Character sheet

Postby Cheshire on January 15th, 2012, 1:01 am

Amaryllis was taking stock of the yarns on the shelves of her shop when Aurore walked in. Of course, there was the initial shock of seeing the tall, pale woman in her store. Most people were of course dark haired, tan skinned, and aurora-eyed. Still, a customer was a customer. It was not as though Amaryllis had never seen outsiders before.

The woman smiled lightly and nodded to the woman when she spoke. "Thank you very much dear. I try to make it look nice." In truth, she really needed another hand around the shop. She was not as young as she once had been. Then, as if on cue, the woman introduced herself and brought up the question of a job! This had to be Amaryllis' lucky day.

"Nice to meet you Aurore. I am Amaryllis Skyglow." She set down her lists of supplies and walked toward the tall woman. "In fact, I have been wanting a helping hand around here for a while now." Of course, the woman could not just jump into hiring the woman, even though she wanted to. She had to at least find out a bit about her.

"If you don't mind, I'd like to know a bit about you before hiring you." She smiled, her eyes turning a welcoming amethyst. "I don't mean to pry, but you don't seem like you are a native of the city."
Avanthal Lore | Vantha | Avanthal | Morwen
~-----------------------------------------------~
When I was just a kitten,
They said I'd be a gem.
But now that I'm a Cheshire Cat,
It's odd how odd I am...
Cheshire
Twenty Seconds of Insane Courage

Words: 336788
Joined roleplay: August 4th, 2010, 9:12 pm
Blog: View Blog (4)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 5
Featured Contributor (1) Peer Reviewer (1)
Trailblazer (1) Power Fork (2)

Postby Aurore Isatis on January 15th, 2012, 3:53 am

Aurore was pleased with how pleasant Amaryllis was, and said "Nice to me you, too," in reply. She was even more pleased that Amaryllis was in need of help, and fascinated by the color-change in her eyes. But her mood dampened when she asked for her personal history.

It wasn't the fact that Aurore was ashamed of her background; she had grown up in a semi-wealthy web back in Kalinor, and she loved her family and homeland. But she knew that others did not always take kindly to the fact that she was a Symenestra. Racism wasn't always the case, simply fear. Aurore knew of the different rumors that floated around Mizahar on the subject of her race, many of them untrue completely.

But she needed (and, quite frankly, wanted this job), so she cleared her throat softly and began. "My name is Aurore Isatis, She spoke clearly, using her native accent to pronounce her name. "I hail from the caverns of Kalinor, and I am Symenestran. I have lived for twenty-four years, and I have quite a bit of experience in the art of sewing and mending clothes. I worked as a seamstress back in my homeland, and I loved it." She stopped, and took in a large breath. What else should she tell her?

"I left my homeland only a few months ago, and the road has been hard. My father died two days before I left, and it was hard on me. I stayed for his burial rites, and left on my quest to find out more of my mother's life before she was ..." Aurore stopped for a moment, unsure how to say what she needed. "Before she was taken on a harvest."

Aurore stopped and looked down as tears began to roll down her pale cheeks. Damnit, She thought. This is not the time for waterworks!

"I'm sorry," She said sobbingly as she wiped the tears out of her purple-hued eyes. "I hate the ways of my people. It's barbaric. I want to know my mother so badly. I want to know her, and I want to know her family--my family..." She trailed off. She looked at Amaryllis again, wondering what was going on her in mind.

"I am sorry for telling you all of that. Alas, I am a hard worker, and I'm good at sewing. And I would love to learn other arts of the thread; weaving and such." She looked at Amaryllis in the eyes, stern and determined. She could only hope that she'd hire her.
Aurore Isatis
Player

Words: 5823
Joined roleplay: December 23rd, 2011, 6:40 am
Race: Symenestra
Character sheet