Horse Play (closed)

Banir decides to visit the stables, and perhaps a friend

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This northernmost city is the home of Morwen, The Goddess of Winter, and her followers who dwell year round in a land of frozen wonder. [Lore]

Horse Play (closed)

Postby Alea Davenport on January 20th, 2012, 11:30 pm

Alea finished grooming the colt around the same time Cilion finished with Firefly. There had been various interruptions as people, or Kelvics, came back to the stables, but luckily she'd sent Yuros away before the snow-leopard arrived, which avoided another incident. She was just running a comb through the colt's mane when Cilion told her he was going home. She said polite goodbyes, and put both horses back into their stalls, making sure they both had access to enough food and water.

When she was finished, she took a look around stables, the barn empty but for the animals who lived there, and let out a relieved sigh. This was the first time she'd been able to relax all day. She walked to the cloak she'd thrown at Yuros, which he'd apparently neglected to take with him, and wrapped it around her shoulders again. Then it occurred to her, it had been a while since Yuros left. Hadn't he found his clothes yet? Or...what if something had happened to him? No, he was a big stag, he would be fine. Alea should just go home and have a well-deserved rest...

Five chimes later, Alea was walking the streets of Avanthal once more, trying to find her errant stag friend. At first, she tried to follow his tracks, reasoning that stag-prints must be fairly unique. Unfortunately, there were a great many tracks leading to and from the stables today, and between two horses, and the multiple trails from Yuros, and the new coat of snow, the tracks were too similar. Before she realized her mistake, she found herself following the same trail she'd taken with Firefly when they were chasing the colt.

Cursing under her breath, she gave up trying to follow footprints and just ran back to the place she'd found Yuros and the colt earlier that day. If he was searching for his clothes, like she'd told him, he should be somewhere in the area. Breathing heavily as she ran, she kept on the lookout for a giant stag. That was how she almost missed seeing Yuros in his human form. When the realization hit her brain that the man she'd just passed was shirtless, she skidded to a halt and turned. As she walked back to him, she took off her spare cloak and wrapped it around the Kelvic's shoulders.

She looked around for a moment and realized she didn't know where Banir went, and made a mental note to take him to a healer first thing in the morning. Not sure what to say to Yuros after today, she just took his hand and led him home.
Alea Davenport
Wielder of Obfuscated and Circuitous Logic

Words: 477755
Joined roleplay: October 28th, 2011, 10:54 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 4
Featured Contributor (1) Guest Storyteller (1)
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Horse Play (closed)

Postby Cheshire on February 23rd, 2012, 10:22 pm

Character: Banir Ironwood
Experience: Observation +2, Running +2, Tracking +1

Character: Alea Davenport
Experience: Horsemanship +2, Interrogation +1, Riding +2, Leadership +1, Grooming +1, Tracking +1, Running +1

Character: Zygaud
Experience: Camouflage +1, Observation +1, Horsemanship +1, Meditation +1, Flux +1, Running +1, Rhetoric +1

Character: Blizzard
Experience: Running +3, Intimidation +2, Observation +1, Tracking +1, Hunting +2

Character: Yuros
Experience: Observation +3, Running +1, Brawling +1, Intimidation +2, Horsemanship +1, Investigation +1

Character: Cilion
Experience: Interrogation +2, Observation +2, Horsemanship +1

Additional Note: I'm not going to lie. This thread was kinda hard to follow. I understand that flow is difficult with so many people. I'm just letting you guys know. PM me with concerns.
Avanthal Lore | Vantha | Avanthal | Morwen
~-----------------------------------------------~
When I was just a kitten,
They said I'd be a gem.
But now that I'm a Cheshire Cat,
It's odd how odd I am...
Cheshire
Twenty Seconds of Insane Courage

Words: 336788
Joined roleplay: August 4th, 2010, 9:12 pm
Blog: View Blog (4)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 5
Featured Contributor (1) Peer Reviewer (1)
Trailblazer (1) Power Fork (2)

Previous