[Rista's Workshop] of Horrors

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Here's the place to find information on 'How do I do that?' when it comes to creating avatars, signatures, calculating travel time or big purchases, or even working with the bbc code. There are help files for codework for both the main board forums and the lore sections. There are threads advertising players that are willing to create signatures for other players. Please feel free to discuss technical issues, photo cropping, suggest new bbc code, or get help from players and admins on things you want to do. This forum includes posts, wiki technical aid, avatar art, character sheet art, signature work, and all things visual when it comes to Mizahar.

Postby Dania on October 5th, 2011, 1:35 am

Type of art: Signature
Character Name: Dania
Race: Human, Vantha
Appearance: My model's name is Lorena Sturlese.
Special Requests: I'd like a wintry background if possible.

Thanks,
Dania
Dania
Winterflame Hold

Words: 2543
Joined roleplay: October 3rd, 2011, 3:01 am
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Rista on October 26th, 2011, 3:34 pm

Jules!

I think you're as picky as me when it comes to the style of your pictures and codes and so on. So rather than making a complete CS for you, I'll give you a hint on how to change it in neat ways. ;) This is how I do it, feel free to experiment and order things however you want. Changing the background and text colors is easy, you can use whatever you would like in terms of color and patterns and so on. Just google for Seamless Backgrounds and you'll get a ton of things to choose from. you can also narrow it down by adding more search parameters.

Here are some tips and advice from the Coach! :P

A different background can make the CS look completely different. Match colors of the text with the ones in the background picture, for a smoother look.

Indent gives nice edges to the text, but can make the CS seem narrow if using many frames at one time.

Whee, floating... This is something nifty I just discovered when making Mikk's CS. I think it's neat, a good way of storing those little basic info's that otherwise would require a space of their own.

Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text

here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here

Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here

Title
Title Title Title
I Like Tables!

This is a good way of storing info, but you already know this. :) In Rista's CS I stashed all the info within tabs, which works pretty well but also gives a slightly cramped feeling since you have to scroll to read all the text.

Remember, you can't use tabs within tabs. Same goes for other codes as well.

Title
Title Title Title
- - -

Title
Title Title Title
- - -

... You can make it float to the left or right, with the float command. External text will flow side-by-side with the box.

I like boxes, and to separate information quite clearly. Not necessarily on different posts, but that's optional and very personal what one might prefer.

Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here

Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text

here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here

Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here

To center box and left align text, do like this.

• Good
  • Way
  • To
  • List things you
  • don't know where to put

Anyway... :
There are tons of different things to do this. Honestly I think you're CS looks pretty good the way it is, but feel free to use the codes in here to remodel it into how you would like it to look. :) The BBC Quick list is your friend, I always have it open whenever doing things like this. I look for html color codes on the net as well, since the ones we have here are rather basic.

Just go wild, I'm looking forward to seeing what you'll come up with ^^

Good luck!

I don't really like the spoilers since they're big and you can't change the color of the button. But if you need to link to other things, like a flashback thread in your history or so and don't want to url the text, then it can be pretty nice to have.

Code: Select all
[frame=black][framepic=http://www.webdesignhot.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/SeamlessFloralBackgroundVector.jpg][frametrans=black,9][indent][color=#995555]

I think you're as picky as me when it comes to the style of your pictures and codes and so on. So rather than making a complete CS for you, I'll give you a hint on how to change it in neat ways. ;)  This is how I do it, feel free to experiment and order things however you want. Changing the background and text colors is easy, you can use whatever you would like in terms of color and patterns and so on. Just google for Seamless Backgrounds and you'll get a ton of things to choose from. you can also narrow it down by adding more search parameters.

Here are some tips and advice from the Coach! :P

A different background can make the CS look completely different. Match colors of the text with the ones in the background picture, for a smoother look.

Indent gives nice edges to the text, but can make the CS seem narrow if using many frames at one time.

[style=width:300px; padding:5px; border:1px solid #333333; background-color: #000000; color: #cc2244; float:left;]Whee, floating... This is something nifty I just discovered when making Mikk's CS. I think it's neat, a good way of storing those little basic info's that otherwise would require a space of their own.[/style]

Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text

here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here

Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here[/color][/indent][/frametrans]

[tabset=100][tab=Title,black,#cc2244][center][table2=black,#333333][b]Title[/b] | [b]Title[/b] | [b]Title[/b]
I | Like | Tables![/table2][/center]

This is a good way of storing info, but you already know this. :) In Rista's CS I stashed all the info within tabs, which works pretty well but also gives a slightly cramped feeling since you have to scroll to read all the text.

Remember, you can't use tabs within tabs. Same goes for other codes as well.[/tab]

[tab=Title,black,#cc2244][center][table2=black,#333333][b]Title[/b] | [b]Title[/b] | [b]Title[/b]
- | - | -[/table2][/center][/tab]

[tab=Title,black,#cc2244][center][table2=black,#333333][b]Title[/b] | [b]Title[/b] | [b]Title[/b]
- | - | -[/table2][/center][/tab][/tabset]

[frametrans=black,8][color=#ccbbbb]

[style=width:300px; padding:5px; border:1px solid #333333; background-color: #000000; color: #cc2244; float:right;]... You can make it float to the left or right, with the float command. External text will flow side-by-side with the box.

[list]
[*] Makes the CS look
[*] A little bit like
[*] A newspaper [ooc=article]This is pretty nice as well. Especially for the Equipment list, where you might want to explain the objects more in detail. You can't place links in here.[/ooc][/list][/style]

I like boxes, and to separate information quite clearly. Not necessarily on different posts, but that's optional and very personal what one might prefer.

Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here

Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text

here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here Text here

[center][box=300,#000000,#333333,#cc2244][style=text-align:left]To center box and left align text, do like this.

[list]
[*] Good
[*] Way
[*] To
[*] List things you
[*] don't know where to put[/list][/style][/box][/center]

[spoiler=Anyway...]There are tons of different things to do this. Honestly I think you're CS looks pretty good the way it is, but feel free to use the codes in here to remodel it into how you would like it to look. :)  The [url=http://www.mizahar.com/forums/topic122.html]BBC Quick list[/url] is your friend, I always have it open whenever doing things like this. I look for html color codes on the net as well, since the ones we have here are rather basic.

Just go wild, I'm looking forward to seeing what you'll come up with ^^

Good luck![/spoiler]

I don't really like the spoilers since they're big and you can't change the color of the button. But if you need to link to other things, like a flashback thread in your history or so and don't want to url the text, then it can be pretty nice to have.

[/color][/frametrans][/framepic][/frame]
Rista
Black-Eyes

Words: 505199
Joined roleplay: July 13th, 2011, 4:15 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 1
Artist (1)

Postby Vynia on October 26th, 2011, 11:49 pm

Rista! I have been referred to you via Julie... I have a sort of specific request, but a simple one. I was wondering if I could just maybe send you an email of the pictures I have saved on my computer with a little explaining of what I'd like done to each one. It's mostly ONLY eye color changes/alterations... I thought it would be easier than looking up the handful of pictures again to link them all here. Haha, let me know what you think!
Vynia
It was written in blood.

Words: 18649
Joined roleplay: September 25th, 2011, 11:18 pm
Race: Myrian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Miranda on April 17th, 2012, 5:22 am

Okay so, number 1: Your amazing.
And number 2: I totally get it if you're too bussy, but if you find the time could you make a sig for me?
Pretty please?

Type of art:
A signature please :)
Character Name:
Miranda.
Race:
Human.
Appearance:
Okay so, she has blonde hair that is usually worn down or pinned back from her face. She has blue eyes and porcelain skin. She mainly wears dresses in rich/dark colors, but I’m not real fussed on clothing :)
Special Requests:
She’s a calm, gentle person so over all the colors should be light and airy.
Does that make sense?
I hope so.

Anyway, if you get the time to do this for me then much love for you.
If not, well, much love anyway!
Common
Kontinese
Vani
Thoughts
Miranda
The Healer

Words: 4149
Joined roleplay: March 9th, 2012, 4:40 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Osaleni on April 27th, 2012, 4:30 pm

Type of art: Signature?

Character Name: Maahleosaleni (Prefer just Osaleni)

Race: Dhani.

Appearance: Image

Special Requests: Use this or something like it but smaller: Name-Stealer. If possible it'd be nice to have the background of a moon and the sky. Maybe her face on the right side and a yin-yang on the left with a chakram in its center.
Osaleni
Player

Words: 9273
Joined roleplay: April 22nd, 2012, 8:18 am
Race: Dhani
Character sheet

Postby Justori on June 2nd, 2012, 10:45 pm

Type of art: Avatar

Character Name: Justori, of the tents of Marius, of the sons of Jeroab

Race: Benshira

Appearance: Big build. Shoulder length blonde hair. Tan skin. Green eyes. Preferably wearing a robe.

Special Requests: None.
Justori
Player

Words: 13397
Joined roleplay: May 29th, 2012, 7:41 am
Race: Human, Benshira
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Evora on June 4th, 2012, 10:43 am

Hi Rista!

I'm a newbie and I've just got a quick request. I'd do it myself but my Photoshop hates me, and I'm not all that good anyway...lol.

I was just wondering if you could manip my avi for me a little by giving the hair a slight red auburn sheen instead of being dead brown, and the eyes a piercing blue?

Just let me know and thanks a million!
Attachments
avi2.jpg
avi2.jpg (19.78 KiB) Viewed 716 times
Evora
Player

Words: 28949
Joined roleplay: May 6th, 2012, 3:19 pm
Race: Human, Inarta
Character sheet

Previous