[Syliras Location] Welcome Center/Employment Office

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

Postby Accolade on January 4th, 2013, 11:08 pm

Mirza

Trega smiled at the Benshira, finding it interesting to see one in the city."Hello child, perhaps you would enjoy working at the Stormhold Salves ? I'm sure that they could use another philterer."

Ilaria

Trega smiled, and greeted the next woman to come in kindly. It seemed that the woman was a traveler as she said. Though of what skills she actually had, that was still a mystery. "Are you looking for work as a Wilderness Survival guide?"
Accolade
The Journey begins here...

Words: 307037
Joined roleplay: August 24th, 2012, 12:45 am
Race: Staff account
Office
Medals: 3
Featured Contributor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Trash Medal (1)

Postby Ilaria on January 4th, 2013, 11:23 pm

Ilara shifted her feet as the woman responded. Wilderness Survival Guide... that sounded suspiciously like something that involved long term contact with people...

"I'm willing to give that a shot. Do you know of someone who might need a Wilderness Guide? And what exactly would that consist of, in plain terms? That would actually be where most of my skills lie. I also know a little about plants in the area, and I do okay hunting and fishing as well." It was work at least, and in an area she had experience in. Besides, it would be nice to get back out there. She had never taught those skills to another person, which is what she assumed it consisted of, but how hard could it be?
Ilaria
Player

Words: 5888
Joined roleplay: January 3rd, 2013, 6:29 am
Race: Human
Character sheet

Postby Mirza on January 8th, 2013, 7:14 pm

Stormhold Salves? Mirza had seen the place a few times, but had never been in. This was exactly the sort of thing she was looking for though, so she nodded eagerly.

"Thank you so much! I will go there immediately." With a job, Mirza could really start working toward her goals. Things were going to start looking up.
Mirza
Player

Words: 6619
Joined roleplay: December 30th, 2012, 7:30 pm
Race: Human, Benshira
Character sheet

Postby Accolade on January 11th, 2013, 12:04 am

Mirza

Trega smiled again and continued after Ilara showed a positive response. "Well there isn't a station here for such work. But you could put up and ad, and advertize to those who might need help getting around. As for hutning and fishing, you can sell your catches here in the city for coin as well."
Accolade

Office
Trash Medal (1)

Postby Tatiam on January 15th, 2013, 4:06 pm

A short form entered the office with the swift conviction of heading to the right place. Seeing the secretary's desk, the new city's resident walked to it, making sure to have the older woman's attention before she spoke:

"Hello ma'am. I would like to know the available jobs that are considered 'basic' labor and chores, maybe a shop's clerk, city messenger... Odd jobs would do as well. I'm not really an expert at anything, but I can work hard. I'll be in Syliras for at least a season or two, if not more..."

Pausing to consider what she had just uttered, the tan-skinned woman overlooked the papers on the desk, wondering if the office was really as efficient as she was told.
Tatiam
Dreamscape artist

Words: 60520
Joined roleplay: January 12th, 2013, 9:39 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Accolade on January 17th, 2013, 8:48 pm

Tatiam

Trega smiled to the next woman to visit her office. She sat down at the table, and started to clean up the mess from earlier and organize her paperwork and documents. "Yes my dear, there are taverns here and they could use a hand in the kitchen, or simply with waiting tables. The Knights do employ messengers from time to time. Although you may find citizens who may need help. I believe the stables could use a hand with the horses also."
Accolade

Office
Trash Medal (1)

Postby Min on February 1st, 2013, 4:36 pm

Having been directed to this particular location by a helpful human, Min strode in through the door with her typical confident air. Syliras was so very different from Taloba, and the journey here had been such a long one, that it almost seemed as if she had entered some dream state. But the chill in the winter air, which had her bundled up in far more clothes than she was used to - or liked - was reminder enough that this was no dream. So were the smells, and the pale faces, and the clanking armor of all the knights that roamed the city. She hadn't yet made up her mind whether she despised this place or simply felt disdain for their weak ways. But it didn't matter - she was here for a purpose, and here she would stay, until that purpose was accomplished.

Min waited, patiently - at least outwardly - and when the woman seated at a desk indicated that she was ready, Min stepped closer.

"I am here for a job. I am new here - to your city. I am a healer. Is there a place for a job? For a healer?"

Her Common was far from perfect, but she had enough to make herself understood, despite her heavy accent. She had prepared herself for this task, even to the point of learning this barbaric language. There was no way a few words - or lack of them - would hinder her in this mission.
Min
Healer with an attitude

Words: 95042
Joined roleplay: August 29th, 2012, 10:20 am
Race: Myrian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Accolade on February 1st, 2013, 10:24 pm

It had been a normal day for Trega, and the hours were just as busy. She had seen to many who came in seeking employment. Once she had finished with those, the woman went back to cleaning up the place. Trega looked up when a lovely woman with dark skin stepped inside and greeted her kindly. "A healer you say? I believe that you may find work at the Soothing Waters if that would interest you, and you could also learn massage in the process."
Accolade

Office
Trash Medal (1)

Postby Min on February 1st, 2013, 11:33 pm

"Maa-sajh." Min pronounced the word carefully, unsure of its meaning. "This is something for a healer?" Her dark brows puckered in the skepticism of one who was struggling with a language not her own.

"If, yes, I will try," she affirmed. Part of her coming to this city was to learn - many things, actually. "Where is the Soothing Waters?" Once again, she mimicked the pronunciation of the lady at the desk with precision. She knew 'water,' but soothing was yet another word that was unfamiliar. But she wouldn't bother this lady for a definition. That could wait.

"I go there, and I will work? Do I need a paper?" Min looked at all those many ones scattered about the desk, and pointed, thinking perhaps she'd need some sort of official pass for working at this place.
Min
Healer with an attitude

Words: 95042
Joined roleplay: August 29th, 2012, 10:20 am
Race: Myrian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Accolade on February 2nd, 2013, 2:56 am

Trega chuckled, finding the woman's pronunciation amusing. "Yes, you could say that healers do massage. Our own Orion does so. He works in the Soothing Waters as well. What a charming man he, with those blue eyes." Trega smiled and waved off further thoughts. "Seek him out if you will, he can help you I'm sure."

She smiled again and nodded towards the door.

"You can find the building on the north side of the stronghold through a long set of double doors on the public third tier, and just tell the clerk at the front desk that you are there for employment."
Last edited by Accolade on February 2nd, 2013, 3:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Accolade

Office
Trash Medal (1)

PreviousNext