A Sudden Profound Realization

Something is On Volens' mind, her name is Penn

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Known as the Celestial Seat, Nyka is a religious city in Northern Sylira. Ruled by four demigods and traversed by a large crevice, the monk-city is both mystical and dangerous. [Lore]

Postby Volens on November 15th, 2012, 6:53 pm

Volens smiled at Penn again. Then he took Compar by the reigns and guided him out of the stable, motioning Penn to follow him. He guided his horse outside of gate, and a little bit off the path. Compar excitedly trotted to show off for his master’s new friend.

When they were in a nice opening, and the horse was warmed up Volens hopped up onto the saddle. Then extended his hand to invite Penn up onto his horse.
Volens
Player

Words: 25586
Joined roleplay: November 8th, 2012, 5:16 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Penn Zay on November 15th, 2012, 7:10 pm

Penn couldn't help but grin at Compar's behaviour! It seemed like such a majestic creature, and she was glad that he belonged to Volens, and not some cruel fiend!
As Volens hopped onto the horse and offered her his hand, she giggled slightly. Then she took his hand and hopped onto the horse behind him...
"It's so high up!" she said quietly, not used to riding anything...
Last edited by Penn Zay on November 15th, 2012, 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Penn Zay's Character Sheet
Hello my little Fuzzwinkles!
I made my own rp site, feel free to join!
Just send me a pm ^_^
Penn Zay
Player

Words: 21227
Joined roleplay: November 9th, 2012, 2:00 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Plotnotes

Postby Volens on November 15th, 2012, 7:23 pm

Volens smiled, and checked that Penn was on the horse securely. Compar adjusted to the weight quickly, and seemed to nod his head to say he was ready to go. "I'll start slowly. I don't normally ride with another person." Volens gently squeezed his horse, and Compar seemed to want to show off, and he immediatly began in a gentle trot. Volens enjoyed Penn's company as they rode gently around the farm land near the Nykan walls.
Volens
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Penn Zay on November 15th, 2012, 7:38 pm

"Okay..." Penn said quietly as the horse began to move... She smiled slightly as she watched the man sat in front of her, then felt herself snaking her arms around his waist, a way of making sure she didn't fall off the horse! At least that's what she told herself!

She couldn't help but let her smile grow as she got used to the feeling of the horse, then allowed her mind to wander slightly...
Did this man realise she wasn't human, or did he have the naivity that allowed him to not notice the difference...
Or had he maybe realised and decided to keep it to himself...
Just send me a pm ^_^
Penn Zay
Player

Character sheet
Plotnotes

Postby Volens on November 15th, 2012, 8:36 pm

Volens blushed as Penn wrapped her arms around him. He really wasn't sure what to say, his mind was clouded by strange things he was feeling. His short journies had never prepared him for this.

"What did your mother do in Avanthal?" Volens shyly asked, trying to keep silence at bay.
Volens
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Penn Zay on November 15th, 2012, 8:44 pm

Penn thought for a moment about what to say, wondering what would reveal her race and what wouldn't, and if she wanted to reveal her race or not... In the end she decided to just say the truth...
"She was hired by a couple to protect their child..." she said calmy. "In a sense she was a bodyguard... They hired her just after I was born, and I left it all behind a year ago, so I could explore the world! And I doubt that they would want to feed me any longer than they had to!" it wasn't the exact truth, but it was near enough!
Just send me a pm ^_^
Penn Zay
Player

Character sheet
Plotnotes

Postby Volens on November 15th, 2012, 8:56 pm

Volens thought that Penn seemed dangerous. That last bit, confirmed it. He wondered what techniques her mother had taught her, what weapons she had training in. What secret fighting moves she knew. But something about this young woman didn't match her past. But Volens put those thoughts aside, maybe he could convince Penn to teach him.

"Your mother was a body guard? Did she teach you any of her fighting skills? I'm extremely interested in learning everything this world has to offer."
Volens
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Penn Zay on November 15th, 2012, 9:01 pm

"She didn't really teach me much of the cool stuff... Only a few tricks to help escape danger... She thought that if she taught me any method of fighting that I'd end up killing or injuring someone rather quickly..." Penn smiled slightly, hoping that her lies were convincing enough!
She didn't want this man to find out what she was! What if he treated her differently because of that?
Just send me a pm ^_^
Penn Zay
Player

Character sheet
Plotnotes

Postby Volens on November 15th, 2012, 9:14 pm

Volens had to admit that he was sort of disappointed. He felt that there was more hiden just below the surface. There was a quiet power, and skill to this woman. But Volens never liked confrontation. And then he noticed that many of the farmlands were emptying, and then noticed that it was late afternoon. "We better head back before they lock the gates." He said quietly, mostly to himself. Then he urged his horse back towards the gate.
Volens
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Penn Zay on November 15th, 2012, 9:21 pm

"Alright..." Penn said softly, as her arms tightened slightly around Volens' waist resting her head on his back, just inbetween his shoulder blades...
"You're a really nice guy!" she declared, a smile on her face as she spoke, hoping that it didn't sound too weird... But she already knew that she probably came across as rather eccentric, so would added 'weirdness' really make a difference?
Just send me a pm ^_^
Penn Zay
Player

Character sheet
Plotnotes

PreviousNext