Price List Addition Requests

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This is the first step to starting a lore article. Please hold all conversations about lores here in this forum. No development takes place here ie Article posting. This forum is simply for threads that want to hash out what a lore should or shouldn't include as well as its merits and flaws. One can also gauge interest in new lore here as well. Polls are encouraged.

Moderator: Scribes

Postby Tabitha Sweetsong on November 19th, 2012, 9:15 pm

Thanks, I never would've thought it'd be in with all the magic stuff.
Tabitha Sweetsong
The Bard

Words: 10633
Joined roleplay: November 17th, 2012, 9:10 am
Race: Human
Character sheet

Postby Jason Alexander on November 20th, 2012, 6:40 am

Requesting the following:

Leaf Bladed Spear
Half Spear
"Jason Speaking in Common" "Jason Speaking in Nadar-Canoch" "Other People Speaking"
Jason Alexander
Creator of the Cure

Words: 63344
Joined roleplay: February 2nd, 2010, 2:49 pm
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Medals: 1
Donor (1)

Postby Cin-Cin on November 21st, 2012, 4:50 pm

❀ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ❀

Falconry Equipment

Hood: Ensures that the bird remains calm while in the presence of humans, as otherwise it may become alarmed and distraught. Made from leather that makes it thin and supple, yet strong and durable. (One or three pieces of leather may be used one hood. 3 pieces is stronger, and also more expensive.)

Perch: Perches emulate the natural environment for the bird and are used in the bird's mews. (Mostly made from wood)

Mews: A unique cage of sorts to confine the bird. (This can also be inferred as a cage in the Price List)

Jesses: Thin straps, traditionally made from leather, used to tether a hawk or falcon in falconry. They allow a falconer to keep control of a bird while it is on the glove or in training (There are also leashes, already named in the Price List, to tether a falcon to its perch.

Gloves: Gloves are typically made of thick, tanned cowhide. Both small gloves (used for small birds and falcons) and larger gloves (Used for eagles and other large birds). Small gloves end at the lower arm and large gloves go all the way up to the shoulder.

❀ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ❀
Common ~ Nari
Cin-Cin
Stable Manager at Skyhigh Stables

Words: 45430
Joined roleplay: November 20th, 2012, 4:53 pm
Race: Human, Inarta
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Colt on November 27th, 2012, 11:22 pm

Would it be possible to get the cost of different qualities of braziers?
“Pavi” | Grassland Sign | “Common” | “Tukant” | Nura
Colt
Miss Communication

Words: 943625
Joined roleplay: August 8th, 2011, 6:38 am
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Featured Character (1) Overlored (1)
Advocate (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Eleret on November 29th, 2012, 1:13 pm

Another request in the writing/art/calligraphy vein: ink sticks

Based on that source, I'd suggest adding three different quality grades.
Eleret
Player

Words: 179278
Joined roleplay: October 21st, 2012, 12:33 am
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Donor (1)

Postby Kassius Selacs on November 30th, 2012, 1:10 pm

Could you also add poi, devil sticks, and diabolos to the price list?
Kassius Selacs
Player

Words: 12201
Joined roleplay: November 28th, 2012, 4:55 pm
Race: Dhani
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Gillar on December 2nd, 2012, 9:41 am

Price List updated. One update in particular that I wish to speak on is the addition of a Profession and Skill Related section. This new section will be where future items related to specific skills or professions will be listed. Right now there are three separate professions listed but more will come later as development continues.

Also, I did not include all suggested additions that were posted following my last update. This is because of a few reasons. First, in regards to weapons, I am limiting the number of weapon suggestions to be added to the Price List mainly because many of the suggestions are either duplicating the function of existing weapons, are mainly different in appearance only, or are too specialized. What I mean by, too specialized, is that many of the past suggestions have been based on numerous asian martial art weapons. While some of these kinds of weapons are included in the Price List, they will remain limited in scope due to the simple fact that there isn't an asian-culture in Mizahar that would bring about the existence of some many types of weapons.

Second, with some suggestions, if it is simply a different colored item or a special style of decoration, the cost of such items will likely be the same regardless of color. The style of decor may cost more but this is a case-by-case basis that can be taken up with your storyteller. I would prefer to keep the Price List absent of more specific customized, character specific items.

Now, in regards to the weapons and more customized items, just because they aren't specifically mentioned in the Price List, that doesn't mean you can't attempt to create them in-thread. My other reason for not including such things in the list is to inspire players to create such items with their characters.

Again I thank everyone for their suggestions. Even if your ideas didn't make it in the Price List in their specific form, they either made it in another form or got me thinking about similar ideas. For future suggestions, it would be of great help if you all could be thinking along the lines of professions and skills when considering items to be added.
Gillar
Forging the World

Words: 1345589
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 6:44 pm
Race: Isur
Office
Featured Contributor (1)

Postby Tabitha Sweetsong on December 2nd, 2012, 11:35 am

On the subject of the Profession and Skill Related section, a Doctors or Surgeons profession would be good with stuff like scalpels and thermometers and medicine even.

P.S. Thanks for the Eggs. Kudos to you. :D I also notices that you have Chickens but not Roosters. They'd be more expensive than Chickens too. If you could add that than I would be ever grateful.
Tabitha Sweetsong
The Bard

Words: 10633
Joined roleplay: November 17th, 2012, 9:10 am
Character sheet

Postby Gossamer on December 2nd, 2012, 12:50 pm

'd like to make a correction to the falconry suggestion. A Hawk Box is considered a cage to carry a falcon or hawk in. A Mews generally refers to the whole place a bird or group of birds are housed. So basically your talking a building when talking about mews. I can show you several sites were mews (and their building plans) are posted. They would not ever be considered 15 GM but would need to instead be added to the structures section.
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6357847
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Postby Pluvia on December 2nd, 2012, 9:38 pm

Glass Beaded Jewelry: Necklaces, Earring, ect.
Pluvia
Player

Words: 2147
Joined roleplay: September 26th, 2012, 8:15 pm
Race: Human, Svefra
Storyteller secrets

PreviousNext