[Syliras Location] Welcome Center/Employment Office

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

Postby Min on February 2nd, 2013, 3:02 am

Min nodded her understanding. "Thank you. I will go there now," she said, thinking to herself that that had been incredibly easy. But she would have to discover what this massage word meant.
Min
Healer with an attitude

Words: 95042
Joined roleplay: August 29th, 2012, 10:20 am
Race: Myrian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Xarl on February 12th, 2013, 12:50 am

At the moment Xarl possessed a deep seated loathing for his mistress. Finding a job had not exactly been the first thing on his to do list today, besides he already had a job, conning idiots out of mizas. But Mistress Helena had insisted, rather loudly, that he needed a steady source of income that didn't involve one day ending up in the Tank for cheating the wrong person. So this was how he ended up here in this place, waiting in line like a good little apprentice.

However there was a problem here, not only had he never worked a day in his life, well at least an honest day, but he wasn't even sure what his skills were good for. He certainly was not going to inform this person that he was a hypnotist and the only thing he was good at was bartering and making friends quickly.

As the woman at the desk waved him over at last Xarl fixed her with his trademark charming smile, sitting down across from her. This couldn't be that hard, he told himself, if these others could do it then so could he.

"Hello, miss, I am a resident of Syliras seeking employment," Xarl chuckled slightly, "Though I suppose I would not here if I was looking for something else."

"I don't know if my particular skills are well suited for employment, I am rather good with interacting with people and am versed in the ways of trading." The tall man said, hoping this woman had some advice for him, he was not looking forward to his mistress' wrath if he returned empty handed.
Xarl
Master of Manipulation

Words: 18540
Joined roleplay: February 9th, 2013, 6:23 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Emblem on February 13th, 2013, 11:01 pm

Trega looked up from her cluttered desk and gave the man who had walked in a warm smile. "Welcome!" she said to him before the man told her of his skills.

"A sociable one, and well versed in trade eh?" She asked. "Well, perhaps you could try your luck at the grand bazaar, buying and selling goods. You know, buy low, sell high kinda stuff. Or maybe you could try one of the taverns, such as the Rearing Stallion. They are always looking for a sociable bartender or two I would bet!"
Currently working at new job so I am still trying to balance it out with Miza. I apologize for any delays.
Emblem
Retired Staff

Words: 50846
Joined roleplay: January 24th, 2012, 5:56 am
Race: Staff account
Office

Postby Xarl on February 14th, 2013, 12:59 am

Xarl stored away these suggestions, the grand bazaar was a place he was familiar with, he'd conned quite a few morons out of their mizas there. The Rearing Stallion was also a place he knew, he'd been to the place a few times, had a few drinks. Both suggestions seemed logical choices considering his talents and didn't seem too degrading.

The young hypnotist increased his smiles warmth, inclining his head politely.

"Thank you, miss, for your advice. I shall visit the Rearing Stallion and see if I can find employment there." Xarl said.

He stood and left the desk, pleased that this had gone so smoothly. Hopefully his quest for employment would be just as smooth.
Xarl
Master of Manipulation

Words: 18540
Joined roleplay: February 9th, 2013, 6:23 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Abel Knight on February 16th, 2013, 4:39 am

Abel tied up his horses outside the large three story building, he looked at as he smiled and walked in, it was rather busy, and Simon his monkey was on his shoulder. “I hope I am able to get a job here.” he said with a smiled.

Abel waited in a line, until he reached a counter, “Hi, I’m Abel, I hear you can help with employment in this great city.” he said with a smile. The lady looked at him, then pointed to another line, Abel frowned, then walked over to the other line, after a few chimes he was back at the same counter, he mumbled “Dam” under his breath and went back to the other line, finally he reach the other counter, “ my name is Abel Knight, im looking for employment, maybe a chef or something with leadership.” he said with a smile.
Abel Knight
Player

Words: 4885
Joined roleplay: February 10th, 2013, 7:17 am

Postby Accolade on February 16th, 2013, 5:11 am

Trega stood from her seat to address the impatient man. She straightened her dress first and even took a moment to pat her hair, all hoping to teach the young man a lesson on how rude it is to demand that someone speak with him at the moment at which he choose. Finally she smiled and spoke to him. "You don't have to have any skills in leadership to be a cook young man. But if that is the profession that you desire I'm sure that you can find work at the Rearing Stallion."
Accolade
The Journey begins here...

Words: 307037
Joined roleplay: August 24th, 2012, 12:45 am
Office
Medals: 3
Featured Contributor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Trash Medal (1)

Postby Korvathi on February 18th, 2013, 11:49 pm

Applying for a Job

The 79th day of Winter, 512 AV

Korvathi arrives near the entrance of the Welcome Center and calmly tethers his horse to a post before quietly entering the building. He enters to see a somewhat long line before him and knows that applying for a profession may indeed take some time, not a problem he decides, I've got plenty of time anyways.

A Chime or so later and it is his turn to speak, he steps forward and is asked to tell what his name is and what he would like to apply for, to which he replies; "My name is Korvathi, and I wish to use my skills as a hunter to bring in some form of income to pay for what ever expenses that I might come across during my time here in Syliras, I'm fairly competent with my bow and an avid hunter, so I do not believe this should prove an issue for me." he calmly states to the one asking the question.
Korvathi
The Lonely Huntsman

Words: 7872
Joined roleplay: February 11th, 2013, 2:27 am
Race: Human, Inarta
Character sheet

Postby Accolade on February 19th, 2013, 12:02 am

Trega smiled at the red-headed man and nodded as he spoke. She found it refreshing to see an older person come into the office instead of the many young pups that she normally saw day to day. "A hunter, I see...well do remember that you can sell your meats here in the city as well. Good hunting to you."
Accolade
The Journey begins here...

Words: 307037
Joined roleplay: August 24th, 2012, 12:45 am
Office
Medals: 3
Featured Contributor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Trash Medal (1)

Postby Korvathi on February 19th, 2013, 1:19 am

Success

Korvathi nods in understanding, a slight smirk playing across his face, "Thank you, I'll make sure to remember that..." he says, still in the same calm demeanor from before. He then turns around and quietly walks away from the still crowded Welcome Center and outside to his horse, Ash, who had been sleeping while his master was away.

"Well Ash, I've secured us some income, let's go and earn our keep!" he says while chuckling softly and feeding Ash an apple. He then untethered his companion and began leading him out towards an inn for the night, tomorrow they would set out early in the morning and begin their hunt.
Korvathi
The Lonely Huntsman

Words: 7872
Joined roleplay: February 11th, 2013, 2:27 am
Race: Human, Inarta
Character sheet

Postby Adilliana on February 22nd, 2013, 9:59 am

47 Winter 512
After a good night’s sleep Adilliana found her was back to the welcome centre, ready to address her lack of employment. She had quickly found that Miza were used for everything in this city and new she would need a steady supply if she was going to stay in the city for any period of time.

Entering the large building Adilliana nervously approached the desk behind which a sectary was sitting. Smiling in an open manner she got straight down to business.

“Good Morning my name is Adilliana, I was told that I could finds some employment here.” Adilliana stated carefully pronouncing the word employment as she had only learnt it that morning. “I am both a capable fisherman and a Shipwright. I have not had much experience and am considered a novice by most but I am a quick learner. I will be in the city for several months.”
She paused and waited for the reply
Adilliana
Player

Words: 28247
Joined roleplay: February 1st, 2013, 6:39 am
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet

PreviousNext