[Syliras Location] Welcome Center/Employment Office

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

Postby Accolade on March 14th, 2013, 1:36 am

Trega had been busy for most of the day doing clean up. It was important to keep the place tidy and organized. When the young woman stepped in, Trega put down her broom and stood to address her. "Hello there, my aren't you a pretty one. Do you know what skills you have that would best help in your job search?"
Accolade
The Journey begins here...

Words: 307037
Joined roleplay: August 24th, 2012, 12:45 am
Race: Staff account
Office
Medals: 3
Featured Contributor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Trash Medal (1)

Postby Matthias Kyras on March 16th, 2013, 2:45 pm

OOC Edit: Actually go ahead a disregard this post. I need to retire this character as I did not think him through.

Matthias' cane struck the floor loudly, it was a sound followed by the quickened step of his right foot. His limp was very pronounced as he approached the desk, his brow locked in a seemingly perminant scowl. He really did not want to be here, he would have prefered to just stay home today and try to work on a possible new break through he had discovered in his research. Unfortunately the Philterer knew that he would one day need a much larger place to conduct his research, since larger places cost money it stood to reason that he needed an income.

So here the black haired man was attempt to find some form if revenue that would hopefully not impare his research over much. As much as the chair in front of the desk looked appealing Matthias opted to stand, wanted to get this over with quickly. Seeing no reason to mix words or waste his breath on pleasentries the man got straight to the point.

"I seek occupation, preferable something that will not interfere in my research over much. I am a skilled philterer and field docter, and possess basic knowledge of herbalism." Matthias said, his tone was sharp and pointed, and his sharp brown eyes bored into the woman in front of him.
Last edited by Matthias Kyras on March 24th, 2013, 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Matthias Kyras
Cold Philterer

Words: 8485
Joined roleplay: March 15th, 2013, 9:05 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet

Postby Verlin Ranes on March 24th, 2013, 6:27 am

Verlin hated his room. No fresh air, short of the little holes in the walls and no sunlight. He wanted out of there the moment he had settled his things. Dressed in the only clothes he had, being a tunic and breeches in brown, short sturdy boots and a belt, he made his way straight to the first Knight he could find. He was accustomed to waking early to work in the fields, so sitting around in that dismal room was a short stay.

Arriving in the office proper, Verlin stepped up to the desk, greeting the woman seated there. "Hello there. I am Verlin Ranes. I hail from Mithryn Outpost and have come to Syliras to become a Knight. I'm a hard worker and not afraid to get my hands dirty." He grinned a bit with this comment, as it was a given in the fields. Then, he wasquiet. That was all he really had to say. After a moment, he finished with, "That's all I really have to say. What do I do now?" He looked forward to getting started as soon as possible.
Verlin Ranes
Player

Words: 6738
Joined roleplay: June 24th, 2010, 12:46 am
Character sheet

Postby Zandas Rex on March 24th, 2013, 11:19 am

42 Day of Spring 511 AV

Zandas walked into the building he had walked past many times already in his life, he never expected to need to go into here, he believed he could live of his parents income for many more years yet, but clearly he was wrong.

He walked through the doors and looked around nervously, there was only the recruiting officer sat behind a big wooden desk. He slowly approached with a nervous smile and said "My name is Zandas Rex, i am 24 years of age well practiced in reading and writing with some skill in magic". he mentioned magic reluctantly as it was his secret and he did not want to share it with anybody, yet he realized he didn't really have any other skills.
He stood looking worried and awaited a response.
Zandas Rex
Player

Words: 3826
Joined roleplay: March 24th, 2013, 10:16 am
Character sheet

Postby Accolade on March 24th, 2013, 6:36 pm

Verlin Ranes

Trega smiled at the man and clapped her hands together as he poke of the outpost. "Oh wonderful. Things are good there I hope? The place you need to apply is the Recruitment Office This place is for those seeking non Knightly work. Good luck."

Zandas Rex

Trega nodded to the young man who entered and gave him a warm welcome smile. He seemed shy or just reluctant to speak. "I see, so what kind of work are you seeking?"
Accolade

Office
Trash Medal (1)

Postby Zandas Rex on March 24th, 2013, 11:40 pm

Zandas paused at Trega's question. He hadn't really thought much further than the fact he needed a job, and the question what kind of job are you looking for puzzled him for a moment. He stood still deep in thought for a few chimes, unaware of were he was and just focusing on the question.

When he finally decided on his answer he looked up at the Trega, who had been patiently waiting, and said "i believe i would like a job with a bit of excitement, studying is my passion but one does need to venture out now and then. Maybe an apprenticeship somewhere i could learn new skills, or i have heard that the Knights sometimes recruit battle mage's, i don't mind using my powers as long as i am not expected to teach anyone, the knowledge is mine and mine to keep. Either would suit me fine".

He shifted uncomfortably on the spot and looked down awaiting an answer, he still wasnst comfortable talking to people he did not know well.
Zandas Rex
Player

Character sheet

Postby Accolade on March 25th, 2013, 5:17 am

Zandas

Trega waved a finger at the man to slow him down. He seemed unsure of himself and even more so with what he wanted and could take a lot of time to figure out she thought. "If you'd like to work for the Knights then apply here. Recruitment Office If you seek adventure, then perhaps you hunt? a guide for people going through the bronze woods? Or would you like to work as guard? Maybe even as a combatant in the cage?"
Accolade

Office
Trash Medal (1)

Postby Zandas Rex on March 25th, 2013, 12:08 pm

Zandas considered the Trega's suggestions, running a hand through his lank hair as he considered his options. 'i don't think i want all the rules and responsibilities of being a squire just yet', he thought 'nor can i track very well so i guess being a guide is out of the question, that leaves being a guard or a combatant in the cage'. Zandas was in a funny frame of mind since his parents had left, he had no goal in his life and had nothing that really drove him, and the thought of pitting himself against someone else in combat appealed to him, it would give him a change to hone his combat skills, and besides he didn't really have anyone that would miss him anymore if it turned out he was no good.

Eventually he looked up, eyes locked on Trega's. "I would like some more information about being a noncombat in the cage please" He said, with a tone of finality.
Zandas Rex
Player

Character sheet

Postby Keira on March 25th, 2013, 2:57 pm

Keira watched as the woman placed her broom to one side and made her way over the her.

"Hello there, my aren't you a pretty one. Do you know what skills you have that would best help in your job search?"

Keira blushed slightly at the woman's comment and briefly avoided eye contact. Regaining her composure Keira smiled warmly and looked up "Well I'm good with medicine and healing wounds if that helps, if there's any job in that field I'd be really thankful"
Keira
Player

Words: 2068
Joined roleplay: March 11th, 2013, 11:40 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

Postby Accolade on March 26th, 2013, 4:39 am

Zandas

"If that is what you want, then you should speak with the owner of the Spinning Coin. He can help you."

Keira

"You are in luck, the doctor at the Soothing Waters has recently stepped down. You could apply for that position if you like?"

Accolade

Office
Trash Medal (1)

PreviousNext