[Syliras Location] Welcome Center/Employment Office

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

Postby Alisha on April 21st, 2013, 10:27 am

"A barmaid? No I changed my mind. Can I be an asset of the authorities? Perhaps, a spy, or something else an agent to the castle."
Note: The player behind Alisha was still adjusting to Mizahar life, please bear with her.

(Assist her if it needs...)
PS: I dislike long threads. 2 to 3 pages, more than that? too risky...
When it comes to writing, 300-800 words per post (less than 1,000). More or less three replies per week...
Alisha
Fiercer Lassie

Words: 29817
Joined roleplay: April 17th, 2013, 1:49 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Hender on April 21st, 2013, 6:41 pm

1st Spring 513

Hender found the employment office easily, he had to find a job, he had been living in the city for a short time and had decided that he will settle here for now, and he mind needed to be kept busy from dwelling on sour thoughts. He walked into the office, noting the creak the door made as he walked through. The women at the desk looked up and Hender gave her a brief smile before stating in a clear flat voice what he required. "I am a competent blacksmith, a natural Izur, and i would like to work in the Ironworks were i feel my skills can be put to the best use, if this is at all possible could you please arrange this for me". Hender crossed his arms across his chest, not in an aggressive way but in a way that let the woman behind the desk know he was finished.
Hender
Player

Words: 12113
Joined roleplay: April 21st, 2013, 11:10 am
Race: Isur
Character sheet

Postby Castor on April 22nd, 2013, 11:02 am

Castor

Castor was asked about any skill he possessed, or if he was going to be labourer. Castor looked at the woman with a blank expression on his face. Castor doesn’t normally tell people his line of work, as it’s ‘different’ and would alarm ghosts if they hear about him. However, if castor needed to survive, then telling one person wouldn’t do too much harm.
“I possess a talent that will allow me to interact with the people whom ventured into the unlife. I seek spirit whom cause trouble and remove them, or help them pass.” He said to the woman behind the desk.

"Common" "Ancient Tongue" Thoughts Sibling Communication
Castor
Ghost hunter & Exorcist

Words: 47110
Joined roleplay: April 19th, 2013, 6:27 am
Character sheet
Plotnotes

Postby Accolade on April 23rd, 2013, 1:07 am

Lindel Ward

Trega felt bad for the young man, he didn't have any workable skills, but she wanted to help him find decent work that he could be proud of. "Well, how would you feel about serving drinks in a tavern, or maybe work as a courier?"

Alisha

The woman was a bit confused it seemed, or wasn't good at making up her mind. Trega continued to stare at her curiously. "You..want to do..what?"

Castor

This man seemed to be some sort of spiritualist or exorcist, but there wasn't many ghost in the city and even less need for such craft. "Well we don't get much trouble with spirits in this city. Is there anything else that you are good with?"

Hender

Trega was a bit surprised to see this man, not many Isurs had come to the city as of late. She was also enjoying the fact that he knew exactly what he was looking for and how to ask for it. "Yes, I do believe they could use help there. Good luck."

Accolade
The Journey begins here...

Words: 307037
Joined roleplay: August 24th, 2012, 12:45 am
Race: Staff account
Office
Medals: 3
Featured Contributor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Trash Medal (1)

Postby Lindel Ward on April 23rd, 2013, 1:30 pm

Lindel paused a moment in thought, not thinking much of it all. He liked the bar scene, but caught himself, "I think I might have my own problems in a bar, honestly." The thought of a courier wasn't terrible though. At least he'd be about to get around the city. Maybe he'd even get to enter the upper district more often or meet Lord Dyres. Who knew? "I think I'd enjoy the courier work a bit, getting off my butt and all. Have you ever thought you needed more help here, at the welcome center?" The idea had kind of exploded from no where into his mind, two people orchestrating all there was in the castle with work sounded like a great duty, maybe beyond him, but once people settled it couldn't be too bad, it was merely pains in the butt like himself that made the work difficult, he imagined.
Lindel Ward
Player

Words: 33650
Joined roleplay: April 13th, 2013, 6:19 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Berukansstel on April 25th, 2013, 11:36 am

Berukansstel slowly and elegantly entered the employment office. Extra mizas never hurt, besides, I need money to fuel my research... She slowly approached the elderly woman named Trega Barklin. Oh, she still works here... and getting older as well, more wrinkles, huh? humans sure grow old fast...

"Madame Barklin" Beru politely greet her "My name is Berukansstel, I hail from Ahnatep and I will be in Syliras for... hmmm, an indefinite amount of time. I seek a job. Some of my skills are identifying and curing poisons, especially those from snakes. I'm also proficient with the longsword, I'm also willing for a job that requires physical labor and travelling such as hunters, lumberjack, or a farmer. But I will most appreciate it if you can give me a job relevant to my skills."

She smiled politely at the elderly woman. Eventhough she's young compared to Beru's mother, she hold the same wise aura about her.

"common" | "snake-tongue" | thoughts
Berukansstel
Serpentine Beauty

Words: 11266
Joined roleplay: April 24th, 2013, 1:55 pm
Race: Dhani
Character sheet
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Alisha on April 25th, 2013, 12:31 pm

Alisha felt unease, she witnessed the woman's serious looks onto her.
"I'm sorry... I said, I want to be a spy. I wanted to prove myself. If I'll to land a job like that of a barmaid, I don't think that it would develop and hone me better, or best.I'm just voicing out my thoughts, ma'am. Still, you knew what's best for us because you're a veteran, an elderly, respected by every Syliran."
She smiled and was hoping that she no longer confused her.
Note: The player behind Alisha was still adjusting to Mizahar life, please bear with her.

(Assist her if it needs...)
PS: I dislike long threads. 2 to 3 pages, more than that? too risky...
When it comes to writing, 300-800 words per post (less than 1,000). More or less three replies per week...
Alisha
Fiercer Lassie

Words: 29817
Joined roleplay: April 17th, 2013, 1:49 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Castor on April 25th, 2013, 1:46 pm

Castor

Castor looked at the woman with his eyes brow slightly furrowed. “I’m at a place that I’m not needed…. But I need mizas If I’m going to survive…” he thought to himself. He looked down and sighed slightly as he searched through his memories. He was looking for any skills that he had besides dealing with ghosts. He opens his eyes and stares at the ground, darting his eye’s left to right, looking up at realisation that all he knew was combat. Then an idea struck him.

“I could, if it’s needed, be a guard of a sort… maybe keeping an eye out for pickpockets and thieves…” he said with an uneasy tone.

Castor normally battled the non-living so he doesn’t quite know how to handle a living person. However, what he had asked for wasn’t a job where battles often accrued, just the apprehension of the unlawful. Castor felt that ‘this’ was the best option for him, in terms of income. However, he’ll always keep his ghost hunting job title in heart.

"Common" "Ancient Tongue" Thoughts Sibling Communication
Castor
Ghost hunter & Exorcist

Words: 47110
Joined roleplay: April 19th, 2013, 6:27 am
Character sheet
Plotnotes

Postby Accolade on April 26th, 2013, 12:43 am

Lindel Ward

Treg chuckled at the young man, he seemed to be at odds and was having a really hard time figuring out what he wanted to do. "This office isn't hiring at the moment, but if you decide to become a courier, there are less of them in the city now, which means more coin for you."

Alisha

Trega gave a sigh of relief after the woman spoke again. At first she had thought her mad. "I see, and who might you wish to spy for?"

Castor

"A guard?"
Trega asked. "I do believe the Spinning Coin is in need of another guard."

Accolade
The Journey begins here...

Words: 307037
Joined roleplay: August 24th, 2012, 12:45 am
Race: Staff account
Office
Medals: 3
Featured Contributor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Trash Medal (1)

Postby Lindel Ward on April 26th, 2013, 1:51 am

Money, although a priority, wasn't thought to be as much an incentive. It had been a goal of sustaining people, a family, but now he was rather tempted by the idea. It was good to get off his feet, get out of the apartment and see the castle, then have the time to return to himself, his own work and hobbies. This would just be another chore. A chore that paid, well apparently.

"I'll take the courier job then!" His excitement was rather unfounded, not that it mattered. "Who do I see, when can I start?" Maybe he was getting ahead of Trega, but the enthusiasm of his youth still found a way. "It's just delivering papers and things, yes?"
Lindel Ward
Player

Words: 33650
Joined roleplay: April 13th, 2013, 6:19 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

PreviousNext