Flashback Secrets I Never Knew (Lydan)

A young Mihiya is awed by a much older Akalak man

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Built into the cliffs overlooking the Suvan Sea, Riverfall resides on the edge of grasslands of Cyphrus where the Bluevein River plunges off the plain and cascades down to the inland sea below. Home of the Akalak, Riverfall is a self-supporting city populated by devoted warriors. [Riverfall Codex]

Secrets I Never Knew (Lydan)

Postby Mihiya Darkmane on June 16th, 2013, 12:01 am

The blade was beautiful. When he offered it to her she lightly grasped it before handing it back to him. "Is beautiful," she murmured, smiling back at him. She tested the word in her mind before she dared speak it out loud. "Lakan, Akalak weapon." She pondered other thoughts in her mind as he spoke of a race known as Konti.

"What is Konti?" she asked wondering, it had to be some kind of woman seeing as she had mothered the Akalak, but she had very limited knowledge of other species.

"No weapons?" she questioned, pondering the idea, "Why?"

Art by Nakuli! Thanks :)
Mihiya Darkmane
Player

Words: 61580
Joined roleplay: June 4th, 2013, 1:46 pm
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Lydan Verdjak on June 16th, 2013, 2:17 am

Lydan turned his head over, offering a smile to Mihiya, "Female-only race." His head tilted back, the smile fading as he gazed to the sky now. The sun was shrinking on the Western horizon now.

And in response to her last question, he simply flexed his arm. "That is why."
Lydan Verdjak
Player

Words: 24094
Joined roleplay: June 11th, 2013, 5:33 pm
Race: Akalak
Character sheet

Postby Mihiya Darkmane on June 16th, 2013, 11:06 am

"Like Akalak all male, Konti all female. Hard to find mates?" She couldn't imagine that the Akalak had that big of a problem if they were such gifted warriors. Besides that, most women she knew were awed by the sort of strength that Lydan showed to her when he flexed his arm. Briseni had confided in her that when she agreed to marry her husband she had only done so after she had gotten an idea of his prowess in hunting and fighting.

"Akalak are strong," she said in awe, impressed by the muscles that raised aloong his arm. LIke the Akalak man, she had noted that the sun was falling, but she enjoyed his company. Besides, returning to the Pavilion meant thinking of a reason she had been outside all day rather than helping Briseni. Her sister was a good mother, but she was very easily overwhelmed and somehow that meant it was Briseni and Mihiya's responsiblity to help take care of her.

"You want to go home?" she asked, hoping he didn't, but knowing that he probably had a family as well. The Akalak seemed a man to her, but Briseni had also informed her that they had extended lifespans which could mean that despite his seeming age, he could still be considered just an adolescent. The idea was strange, but then, so was the idea of an all male race.

Mihiya Darkmane
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Lydan Verdjak on June 16th, 2013, 5:08 pm

He shrugged, "There are processes and ways in Riverwood - And pressure to find mates." His palms brushed the tile he sat on, feeling it's stone and cold surface. "I guess they are, yes."

He eyed the disappearing sun once more, heaving a sigh of relief rather as his palms scratched the surface. "I live alone, sometimes I visit my father."
Lydan Verdjak
Player

Character sheet

Postby Mihiya Darkmane on June 16th, 2013, 5:58 pm

"Horseclan men die often, early. Extra females, man take many wives." She wondered what it would be like to live in a culture where there was just one gender. Did these brave warrior men gather food like Endrykas men sometimes did? They seemed more masculine than the men of the horseclans and it made her ponder whether they focused more on their weaponry and fighting than they did on other aspects of life.

"Pressure for mates, I know. Sea of Grass, dangerous, young are valued." She could understand this pressure for mates, for the Drykas people valued the youth and marriages were often forged when there were too few Drykas and too few married couples. In a few years, perhaps she too would join a Pavilion as the wife of an Ankal...the thought made her crinkle her nose in distaste.

Mihiya Darkmane
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Lydan Verdjak on June 16th, 2013, 6:48 pm

He eyed Mihiya now, blinkingly. He nodded at her sharing of knowledge, his stance shifting against the stone floor as he stared at final slither of the sun. "Women are valued because Akalak have none, and there are very few of us."
Lydan Verdjak
Player

Character sheet

Postby Mihiya Darkmane on June 18th, 2013, 3:20 pm

"I understand," the dark Drykas girl got to her feet and looked at the tall blue man that was with her, "I go home. Briseni worries. Good bye, Akalak man Lydan." She did not want to leave, but she knew that as it was dark, her adoptive mother would come and get her if she did not return home soon.

"Thank you for telling," she didn't quite know how to thank the man for what he had shared with her, her grasp of Common was not so complete. She turned toward her Pavilion, and reluctantly began walking home...already wondering what else there was to learn about the Akalak race and wondering if all of them were as handsome as Lydan.

Mihiya Darkmane
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Lydan Verdjak on June 21st, 2013, 5:43 am

He smiled to Mihiya, patting her shoulder. "You should get to your guardian, yes. It's fine, I'm glad you were a willing listener." He inclined his head to her politely, the man's gaze following along the youngling's movements as she left, though he turned his gaze towards the sun. It had nearly faded altogether now, slightly dark now. He was perhaps used to the girl's questions, or simply not easy to irritate, for he never had any younger siblings, or any true enemies. Or perhaps the man was flattered by her interest, or just liked to hear the sound of his voice. His mind wondered on this, it was often critical of himself.
Lydan Verdjak
Player

Character sheet

Postby Magpie on June 30th, 2013, 5:09 pm

e
Mihiya :
XP:
Observation +4
Socialization +3
Interrogation +3

Lores:
Akalaks: The Giant Warriors
Flowing Pavi vs Grating Common
Lakan - An Akalak's Weapon
Konti: All-Female Race

Lydan :
XP:
Observation +3
Socialization +3
Teaching +1

Lores:
Drykas Polygamy

Additional: As I've mentioned before, and I realize this was posted before you saw that, try to increase the length of your posts. I'm sorry to keep mentioning it, but I want to address it in some capacity in case I, or another ST, look back on this grade.

Notes :
Nice informative little thread, you two. I'd like to see longer posts from the pair of you, but looking at the posts you're doing lately, I think you're doing well. I hope I get to see you guys meet up again!

If you have any questions or concerns about what was awarded, please don't hesitate to PM me.
e
Office ~ Riverfall ~ Starting Guide ~ Q & A Forum
Moderated Threads: Full up right now, sorry!
Magpie
A-flutter

Words: 324445
Joined roleplay: January 28th, 2013, 4:49 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 1
Featured Contributor (1)

Previous