Price List Addition Requests

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This is the first step to starting a lore article. Please hold all conversations about lores here in this forum. No development takes place here ie Article posting. This forum is simply for threads that want to hash out what a lore should or shouldn't include as well as its merits and flaws. One can also gauge interest in new lore here as well. Polls are encouraged.

Moderator: Scribes

Postby Gillar on September 23rd, 2013, 9:24 am

Alright, I've tried to go through and update as much of the Price List as I could based on suggestions thus far. In the case of larger (numerous related items) requests, I have added in as much as I could with plans to add more later. As for specific weapon requests, I've tried to steer clear of adding any more eastern-martial-art-inspired weapons to the Price List as many are, at least in my opinion, redundant in form and function plus Mizahar does not have in-game equivalents to many of those real-life cultures. For those of you wishing to have specific weapons like these added, I would prefer to see characters building the skills needed to design these weapons themselves. This way, said weapons would have more Mizahar grounding complete with history, personalization, etc. In fact, I would like to see more of this with any future weapons and even armor as it helps us develop Mizahar's future as an original, character driving setting.

Now, that said, I also want to ask that when you view the Price List, please use the FIND feature on your browser as it will help greatly.

Finally, in order to help me update the Price List faster and more efficiently, I have created a new thread in this same forum titled, Price List Questions and Answers. I would ask that any and all questions related to things in the Price List be directed to that thread. Actual requests still go in this current thread. Keeping questions and requests separate will help me not only to update the Price List faster but also answer your questions thoughtfully and completely.
Gillar
Forging the World

Words: 1345589
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 6:44 pm
Race: Isur
Office
Medals: 1
Featured Contributor (1)

Postby Gillar on September 23rd, 2013, 10:21 am

In addition to my previous post, I have added a more extensive Cosmetics and Grooming section under the Tools and Item Section.
Gillar
Forging the World

Office
Featured Contributor (1)

Postby Gillar on September 24th, 2013, 9:53 am

I've added waterpipes and a variety of tobaccos to the Price List. Enjoy!
Gillar
Forging the World

Office
Featured Contributor (1)

Postby Ebrahim on October 6th, 2013, 5:01 am

I would like to see a list of macecrafting tools and resources added to the price list. (e.g. the clamps, lenses, hammers, regents, catalysts, etc)

If someone is willing to give me some guidelines, I don't mind working on this myself.
Ebrahim
Player

Words: 10119
Joined roleplay: September 29th, 2013, 9:33 pm
Race: Nuit
Character sheet

Postby Snowdrop Snowsong on October 6th, 2013, 6:35 am

I would like to see Writer as a job and the pay for it.

Signature by Assilsa Curare
Vani | Common |Bruce
Snowdrop Snowsong
Let My Words Adore Your Soul

Words: 21309
Joined roleplay: September 26th, 2013, 6:58 pm
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Gillar on October 6th, 2013, 1:26 pm

Magecraft tools are added and I will be working on reagents, catalysts, etc., next. I've also added in an herb list with a variety of herbs/plants that stand out from the more mundane. I will be adding to this list as time goes on and as storytellers suggest more from their cities/regions. Incidentally, there is an example of a reagent for magecraft listed in the herb list.

As for the addition of a Writer occupation, it is something that has been brought up before. I can't see putting such a job in the list since the people of Mizahar don't really engage much in the purchase of story books for entertainment. Books are still for the most part rare and storytelling via word of mouth is still the most popular way. The closest job to a writer is a scribe. A scribe basically turns spoken words into written words while also copying existing works into new books. This is not to say that characters cannot try their hand at writing their own material, its just that they probably won't find enough buyers to support an actual steady income.
Gillar
Forging the World

Office
Featured Contributor (1)

Postby Crypt on October 6th, 2013, 3:59 pm

I would also like to see a list of some common drugs - I've seen a few references to it in the lore and domain articles, but I'm hoping that you could provide more.

Done by the one and only Assilsa Curare!

8200th member. :)

NOTE: I will be on holiday from the 9th to the 25th, so don't expect me to post anything! Apologies.
Crypt
Apophenia.

Words: 329416
Joined roleplay: September 20th, 2012, 4:58 am
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

Postby Oryani on October 8th, 2013, 12:51 am

Could you add several weaponry accessories?

-Bow strings
-Sheaths for various sized weapons
-Archery arm/wrist guards
Oryani
I'm still a Drykas

Words: 225246
Joined roleplay: October 1st, 2013, 11:30 pm
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Endrykas Seasonal Challenge (1)

Postby Vetari Violet on October 9th, 2013, 5:45 am

I have an idea for a weapon I've seen used before and I think would be really cool. I'm thinking of writing an Unarmed Fighting Style around their use, but they have to be approved and put on the list, first.

Well, here it goes: Clawed gauntlets

http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs27/f/2008/150/f/6/Lion_Armor_Claw_Gauntlets_by_Azmal.jpg

http://xbox360media.ign.com/xbox360/image/article/876/876358/prince-of-persia-20080523032033667.jpg

http://wyrmblood.webs.com/gauntlet.jpg

I was thinking perhaps they could be a Myrian creation for fighters who choose Navre as their patron deity, fighting with the claws of cats alongside their tigers.
"Normal font in quotation marks is speech in Common."
"Italic font in quotation marks is speech in Symenos."
Italic font on it's own in internal dialogue.
Vetari Violet
The Crimson Seer; devout of Viratas

Words: 43604
Joined roleplay: August 20th, 2013, 6:56 am
Race: Symenestra
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Kalinor Seasonal Challenge (1)

Postby Ethan Ironhorse on October 16th, 2013, 8:52 pm

Could you please add the weapon (Spatha)?

The weapon was the descendant of Gladius, the roman army switched over to the slightly longer and thinner cavalry blade when their weapon/blacksmith became competent enough to allow for increase strength in the blade without the redundant steel. Additionally, some historian's believe the Spatha was the precursor to the longsword.

Thank you
Ethan Ironhorse
Player

Words: 367863
Joined roleplay: July 8th, 2013, 2:35 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Donor (1)

PreviousNext