Completed Sorrow Brings Life

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Herein lies the realm of dreams, where dreamers who are scattered all over the world in the physical can come together in the mysterious world of dreams. Remember, unless one is a Dreamwalker, there is no control over dreams. Ever. Anything can happen, and by threading a dream, you are subject to whomever can walk dreams and the whims of Storytellers.

Sorrow Brings Life

Postby Engghaen on November 14th, 2013, 3:49 pm

42th of Fall, 513If that's okay with you...?

Engghaen groaned. Everything is blurry, how did I get here? Then her confused mind understood what was happening. She now clearly saw the borders of a grassy green hill. She walked forward to look over it. Or actually... The girl didn't tell her body to do that. It just happened. Then she saw herself. And Eyze. It was her first and last boyfriend she had ever had. Or, boyfriend, more of a... Lover. She remembered when she had last seen him. It looked like ages ago. She had left him because she wanted to travel.

She wanted to say something, but her mouth didn't open. Her dream copy kissed Eyze. Passionately. Engghaen looked in awe, and her gaze was locked on the both of them. Then, when the copy and Eyze disconnected, the mouth of her copy opened. Words started flowing out of them. "I love you, Eyze, but I can't do this. All I want is freedom. You are a liar. A burglar. You can't be trusted. And so I won't trust you.''

The girl stared at the copy. What had she done? Was she dumping him? This was all too confusing. Then Eyze walked away, but turned around before disappearing behind another hill. ''If you know, Engghaen, that trust is something I seek myself.''

Then the dream copy of her turned to Engghaen herself. She stared right through her with a sad look on her face and whispered: ''I'm sorry, but I can't do differently...'' A horrible feeling in her guts started moving upwards to her throat. A lump formed there, making her even more inable to say something.

All of the sudden the whole scene changed. The dream copy and Eyze had disappeared. She was alone now. For some reason she sat down on the hard ground below a big, pale, black tree. It had already left his leaves, if it had any. Tears started flowing out of her eyes. They filled her up. They runned down her cheeks, wetting her clothes. A small puddle formed at her feet. As she was crying, she saw that the tree had started growing again. It didn't look dead anymore. She was watering it with her own tears. It was now quickly growing leaves, sucking the energy out of her. Exhausted, she lay down underneath the tree.

A face teased her, keeping her awake.
''Non pernoctabit enim damnatur, qui semper erunt in aeternum. Tu monstrum horrendum creaturae noctis. Ubi tu non esses. Diligenter puto, Engghaen, coram te facere aliquid quod posset constant te tuam vitam.'' She started screaming back at the creature. It was horrible. It's face had pointy horns and was bloody all over. The worst thing was that... it looked like Eyze.
"No! The only language you speak is nonsense! You are fake, a play of my mind! I will not listen to you!''

But the more she said, the more she started believing the thing. It started convincing her. Persuading her. Then, when she hoped he would stop most, and she was filled with the sorrow she had created herself, everything changed again.

She was standing in front of a mirror. She saw herself. There was blood dripping out of her nose, her right eye was black.and her hair had been partially pulled out. Her face was... pale. Engghaen moved her hand up to her lip and touched it. Cold... Then she turned around. ''Who did this to me?'' she asked.

"This is just what you will be like if you don't watch out.'' someone replied. The voice laughed at her. ''You are one of a kind, but please... be careful.'' With a smirk, a black figure came out of the dark. ''Who are you?'' she asked with a scared undertone in her voice. ''Names are no big deal here. You are gone. Lost. Finished. They have long forgotten about you in this time." The creature smirked. "You are nothing, not even a memory..." He came closer. "Nothing, you hear me? You are nothing..! Nothing!'' His voice echoed in her ears. She was nothing, she was...

''I am nothing." she murmled. ''I am nothing." The girl kept repeating this, over and over, her voice sweeping up. She landed on her knees. They were too tired to support her anymore. Her body seemed tired, but her mind...

Then... There was nothing. Nothing at all.
Last edited by Engghaen on November 16th, 2013, 5:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Everyone knows pain and misery,
But it's how we survive that makes us who we are.

Character Sheet | Scrapbook | Plotnotes | Ruvyn
Engghaen
I'm not cute! I'm just... Fluffy.

Words: 87123
Joined roleplay: November 1st, 2013, 3:18 pm
Blog: View Blog (2)
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Sorrow Brings Life

Postby Lauralyn on November 15th, 2013, 2:36 pm

The dream started with blood as it always seemed to do. She wore all white, and her clothiers were unblemished, but her hands were drenched in it. It dripped of her claws, which were painted crimson. Her shirt was ruffles, and the arms were see through. There was no indication of where the blood came from, but in her mind, Lauralyn somehow knew it was the blood of her real mother. She could see a dark figure whom she recognised as her biological mother. She couldn’t distinguish features on her face, but the knowledge was just there.

Feelings usually ruled her dreams. Most always they contained no other life-force besides herself and people she knew directly, or had knowledge of. But this girl ahead of her, looking at her own reflection was completely foreign to her. Human… yes, human.

She was being harassed by something that Lauralyn could not see. She continued to repeat the same words over and over again. She was nothing, nothing, nothing. Why did she think such a thing? Lauralyn became swear that she was running, but she was not getting any closer to the human. Somehow she knew her voice would carry. “Friend. Greetings!” She called. They were such odd words. Why would the distant Spider greet a human so casually? This was not questioned, however “Why are you nothing? Why, I see you, therefore you are something…someone…somewhere?” Why couldn’t she reach her? Maybe she had to reach out to the pale Sym herself.

But why would she want to go towards a tall pale monster with hands covered in blood, claws the size of toothpicks and fangs sharp and deadly poisonous?
Lauralyn
Player

Words: 13906
Joined roleplay: October 25th, 2013, 1:24 am
Race: Symenestra
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Sorrow Brings Life

Postby Engghaen on November 15th, 2013, 9:07 pm

OOCSorry, working on my boxcodes...

The girl shook her head. No, no! Wrong thoughts, wrong. You're not nothing. At least, if you have proof. She turned around, glancing in the darkness. At first, she saw nothing. Then, the recognised a shape of some sort. It was... It seemed... No. Was it Symenestra? She wasn't sure and so stumbled backwards. When her eyes adjusted to the darkness, she could see it had long claws and it was tall, very tall, and pale... She stomped herself. Ow! Stupid, you know this is still the same nightmare you're in... So better make it a bit noteworthy.

"Hello? Don't harm me, please..." the girl couldn't see it's eyes, so she stared in some black spot they should be in. Why wasn't it answering? Why didn't it do anything? At least, she wasn't alone anymore.

"I..If you mean trouble, do it quickly. This has already been awful for me." She looked a bit scared, but not in the way she had been before. Strange, she didn't recognise this one. Most of the times her nightmares repeated themselves, but she didn't dream of Syms very often.
Last edited by Engghaen on November 16th, 2013, 10:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Engghaen

Character sheet
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Sorrow Brings Life

Postby Lauralyn on November 16th, 2013, 2:53 am

Fear. Obvious fear as soon as her appearance was taken in. The Sym’s expression changed from happy to sad in an instant. “Why would I hurt you?” She asked, walking towards the human with midnight hair, each step rippling as if they stood upon water. She hadn’t much taken in her surroundings until now. It was so empty, so dark, as if the realm was catering to her sensitivity to brightness “I… I’m not… I don’t want to hurt anyone.” She looked hurt, offended even. Though the human’s reaction was perfectly justified. In her dream… within herself, she felt such a great sadness at being identified as a threat.

So she stopped, meters away from the girl, and stared at her “Are you going to run? Don’t run. I am ever so lonely. Don’t go” Confessing her internal monologue to this girl was obviously unnatural, but to her it felt natural. She felt her hands shaking “Don’t be afraid of me… I’ve never hurt anyone” She was talking so much more than was normal for the quiet Sym “I am Lauralyn.” She said pointing to herself and smiling. The smile was supposed to be sincere, but in the darkness, it probably looked like a smirk, or a sneer. And her blood covered hands smeared onto her top like she’d been stabbed when she pointed to herself. A mess, she was making a mess of everything. The dream wouldn’t let her appear as anything but a threat.

Maybe it was a sign that she was intruding. Maybe she should be the one to turn away and leave… She was light, and Lauralyn was darkness.
Lauralyn
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Sorrow Brings Life

Postby Engghaen on November 16th, 2013, 11:36 am

The Sym walked in her direction. The girl stopped and froze. Apparently she -since it was a she, Engghaen saw- tried to be as harmless towards her as possible. She didn't look that way though. But... All of the plays of her mind had been terrifying. They didn't say their name and they didn't ask her not to run... So this had to be someone real.

"I... If you don't want to harm me, why are you here? Why are you covered in blood? Why do you have long fangs and claws? Why are you so pale?" The girl sighed and a major thing changed in her attitude and stance. It was almost as if she realised this person didn't mean her harm. As if she noticed the tries of the Sym to look as harmless as possible.

"I'm Engghaen."
So that's it? You talk to a dangerous Sym like it's your friend?
Yes. Yes I do. I have nothing to lose, okay? So shut up, please!

"Can you asure me that you are real? That you are not something my mind has created to fool me? Can you... Touch me?" The logics of that even surprised Engghaen herself. What she had thought when she said that, she didn't know. It seemed unlogical. This Sym wouldn't touch her.

Engghaen

Character sheet
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Sorrow Brings Life

Postby Lauralyn on November 16th, 2013, 1:57 pm

“Blood is life.” She said “…And the spilling of it is death… or sacrifice.” She smiled “No Symenestra’s conscience is clean, for we kill our mothers at birth. This is my mothers blood.” How did she know it was her mothers blood? She just did. It was that strange universal knowledge you have of impossible things when you dream them. “I was just a baby. It isn’t fair. Life isn’t fair. But I will never intentionally kill, or harm unless threatened, even then I’d much rather run away.”

“My fangs are necessary for my survival. My claws are… a fashion statement? It is painful to file them! They grow like this naturally!” She laughed out loud. It was like none of her anxiety mattered in this dream. She could do or say whatever she wanted without consequence. “I am pale because I live in a cave!”

“Touch you?” She looked confused “Okay… here” She put out her palm, facing upwards within reach of the girl “Here now, how do you know it is not my mind that made you up?” She felt giddy. This dream was so strange. So random. And so sad. It was sad that the human was scared of her. “The blood won’t blemish you, because it is on my conscience, not yours.” She told her, unsure again how she knew that the dream physics would allow this. It was like she willed the blood not to exist when, or if, Engghaen touched her hand.

Lauralyn
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Sorrow Brings Life

Postby Engghaen on November 16th, 2013, 2:20 pm

Engghaen looked hurt when she laughed. She whispered: "I can't help it I've never met a Sym. I can't help it that my dreams, reality and fantasy get mixed up. I can't help it I'm just a random Kelvic..."

"What would you think if you would continiously get teased by creatures and people you know, or not know, or have made up... You wouldn't laugh like you do now. You would think that you are nothing, an useless wreck created by the hate of two people..."

"You would make sure that there are things that are indeed real, to secure you are not fully mad..." Her tone was now packed with fury, regardless of how the Sym looked, what it was, what it would do. "You don't know how that is. You don't know how that feels. And that's why you laugh. You think I'm crazy. Hidious. Don't you?"

Regardless of what she had just said, the Kelvic put out her arm and touched her palm with one single finger.

Engghaen

Character sheet
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Sorrow Brings Life

Postby Lauralyn on November 16th, 2013, 2:42 pm

She tilted her head to the side with confusion. Her actions had been totally turned against her. That was not why she was laughing at all. ”Don’t be so strange. I laughed at myself, and the appearance that I see as natural, but others see as something scary.” She said, the sadness flooding back into her features. “I was created… from hate as well… I am a Symenestra, universally though of as a monster… You, for one, feared me as soon as you saw me. And rightly so! You’d do well to fear one of my kind. But not me. I am…not to be feared” She smiled as warmly as she could “All life is sacred, and important. That means yours is too, no matter how much you try to deny it.”

She bent slightly so she could look at the human closely “My… I think you’re beautiful. But I am just a strange creature you are not really talking to right now… I’m pretty sure I’m asleep right now back in Kallinor.” She was beautiful. Lovely black hair, big blue eyes. “You are lovely. It is strange that you don’t think so."

Still, she did not absorb the kelvic's finger as if she was a ghost. The touch was solid. “Don’t be angry. You’re only useless if you refuse to make use of the life you’ve been given."

Last edited by Lauralyn on November 16th, 2013, 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lauralyn
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Sorrow Brings Life

Postby Engghaen on November 16th, 2013, 3:46 pm

The girl's face now brightened up while she listened to the Sym's words. She blushed.

"No, you're not strange... You're just.. Different. You can't help it you're this way. You didn't pick to be this way.

And for as far as I know I am talking to you.. But I'm probably asleep in Lhavit, too.." The girl sighed deeply.
Last edited by Engghaen on November 16th, 2013, 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Engghaen

Character sheet
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Sorrow Brings Life

Postby Lauralyn on November 16th, 2013, 4:09 pm

The whole dream brightened then as sadness turned into acceptance. The light didn’t hurt her like it normally did. Her hands were unblemished. But her image became fuzzy and hazy. “I do not usually dream like this” She said slowly. Her image blurred in and out until she reached out once more, this time to touch the girls shoulder “I do not usually know that I’m dreaming.” She looked sad again “What a shame I could not really meet you.”

She stepped closer and looked into the girls eyes “You really shouldn’t say that you are nothing. Everyone..is…someone.” She smiled sadly “I wonder why I have dreamt of you, and you me. Maybe one day… I’ll find out.

This time she faded completely. Her image blurred until she was gone. Gone. Woken up… by something. She'd left the strange and beautiful dream behind her.

Lauralyn
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets