[Syliras Location] Welcome Center/Employment Office

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

Postby Iasc on September 7th, 2010, 3:59 pm

"Thank you very much", he said. "I will go now and talk to Sina". He turned and walked out the door.
Iasc
Knowledge is Power, Music is Beauty.

Words: 74790
Joined roleplay: September 3rd, 2010, 12:07 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Medals: 2
Peer Reviewer (1) Power Fork (1)

Postby Elhaym on September 7th, 2010, 9:59 pm

Pain recoiled a bit after the woman finished speaking. "Wow, I might actually get a job...!" She thought, her crooked smile spreading over his face as she nodded in response.

"I don't really know about horses... they're kind of big, and expensive, and... well, I think i'll go have a talk with Lirelle, seems more my speed I think. Hey, thank you for your help, uh... what was it? Aenysa, yeah... thanks for the help." Pain stuttered. She wasn't the most graceful conversationalist, but her thanks was genuine. She hurried out the door, halfway down the stone street before she realized she had forgotten one minor detail.

"Where the blazes is the Tooth and Claw?!" Pain muttered out loud. She wandered off, content that she would find it eventually.
Elhaym
Kick! Punch! It's all in the mind.

Words: 567762
Joined roleplay: August 16th, 2010, 4:25 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 3
Artist (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1)

Postby Sahsvin Isilla on September 8th, 2010, 11:12 am

"Oh don't worry, it was a joke, I'm not very hungry anyways.." she smiled. "I'll be on my way then. Thank you very much for your help. If i haev any extra questions, I'll be back!". She was feeling very happy, a job! It meant money, and money meant clothing, and mirrors! She turned and checked herself in the mirror and smiled, pleased with herself, before marching herself out of the room and into the city.
Sahsvin Isilla
Conceited Purple Rattler

Words: 12725
Joined roleplay: August 24th, 2010, 9:57 am
Race: Dhani
Character sheet

Postby Talos Bulwark on September 8th, 2010, 5:00 pm

First of fall, early morning, 510 AV

Talos had heard, in his time settling down, that there was a place within the city that he could acquire a job... near the front gates if he had heard the armed guard right. He made his best attempt and shook his head clear of the negative thoughts he had for most of the people in the city. If he was going to get a job he would have to do it in a mannerly way and the way he felt now was anything but. As he walked through the city towards where he had thought the center had been he noticed the ever mounting differences this town held from his own. Fall had come with him on his travels and it helped to curb his homesickness as it was never really over abundant in heat within the tunnels of his home town. The coolness allowed him to feel less out of place... now if only someone could construct massive tunnels to each place he had to go to within the city... well, that was folly. His thoughts helped to keep him distracted from the other "observations" that flickered at the edge of his perception.

A tattered old panhandler sitting in the streets, permeating a sour stench something close to ale, had walked up to Talos begging for any spare currency he might have on him. After a few moments of fruitless begging the man hobbled of probably assuming Talos was deaf due to the absolute lack of him being paid any attention. Soon after, still engulfed in his still fresh memories, he happened upon the employment center and walked in through the door quietly. The inside of the building betrayed the outside of the city as it was both welcoming and well kept. A secretary near the front door seemed ready to handle his need for employment and so he took his first true step towards conversing with the outside world.

"Uh..., Miss? My name is Talos Bulwark and I was hoping I could be employed in your fair city...?"

Of course at this point he had thought the city anything but fair... but these people still deserved his respect and his clan would demand it be so.
Talos Bulwark
Player

Words: 5068
Joined roleplay: September 2nd, 2010, 8:47 pm
Race: Isur

Postby Eanos on September 14th, 2010, 6:20 pm

Fall 15, 510

The office had not yet opened when the Isurian smith had arrived at the office and so he was first through the door when it did. He'd composed himself and so was ready with his carefully phrased question, a question which he could have asked back at the Ironworks and likely gotten the answer he wanted. That question though might have been misconstrued and so he preferred to find the answer elsewhere first before he attempted to negotiate with the owner of the Ironworks about its answer.

"I was looking for some information and wondered if you'd be able to point me in the right direction," he began. "I'm currently employed well enough at the Ironworks but I'm looking to set myself up on my own. I was wondering who I might talk to about about renting or buying somewhere that could take a forge." He had in mind the place that the magecrafter had occupied but he wasn't sure if he'd be able to afford such a place.
Eanos
Overgiven Magesmith

Words: 443521
Joined roleplay: March 22nd, 2010, 2:38 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 4
Featured Character (1) Peer Reviewer (1)
Donor (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Dusk on September 15th, 2010, 2:35 am

Talos

The receptionist smiled and waved him towards an empty chair. "Of course, sir, we'd be more than happy to help. My name is Trega," she said, motioning for him to sit as she took her own seat on the other side of the desk. "Now, what sort of work are you looking for, and how long do you plan to stay in Syliras?"

Eanos

The receptionist smiled brightly as Eanos was the first to step through the door, though she laughed a little at his question. "Unfortunately, sir, we can't really help you with that. We're more in the line of helping individuals who wish to work for someone else, not ones who wish to start their own business. In fact, we've sent more than a few people to the Ironworks!" she laughed. "But don't despair, help is easily found - just head into the castle proper and look for the Housing Authority. Tenner handles property assignations and should be able to find you something if you're interested."

OOCJust as a side note, make sure you request wages each season. You receive pay at the end of the season, so you won't receive your Fall wages until you make the request in Winter. If you could please send me a PM about it, that would be greatly appreciated since that has to go into your Storyteller Secrets thread. Thanks!
PLEASE NOTE: Finals are over, but summer is eating my soul. As such, as of the end of June I will not be accepting any new quests/modded threads until I finish some of the ones I've already started/agreed to. My apologies for this, but I don't want to be unfair to those who have been waiting for replies!

Dusk's Office - Information on Syliras - Help Desk
Dusk
DS: Syliras and Wildlands

Words: 341560
Joined roleplay: April 6th, 2010, 5:33 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 7
Featured Contributor (1) Trailblazer (1)
Donor (1) Power Fork (2)
Trash Medal (1) Thunderspork (1)

Postby Talos Bulwark on September 15th, 2010, 5:56 am

Her questions were well directed and straight to the point and he liked the efficiency of it all.

"Miss, I don't really have a set time that I will be here. A few seasons at the least, I'm sure and I was hoping that I could get a job that would employ my certain... physical skills. Maybe as a guard of some sort... I trained and served as a guard in my homelands."

If he could land himself a job protecting a big enough establishment then he might be able to glean news of any threats known abroad, it would essentially be a double edged job.

"I can't see myself committing to anything over a year though, I will have to return to my homelands eventually."

He knew his lack of long lasting commitment might drive any jobs away but he couldn't ever bring himself to lie and perhaps there was a job, even a small one, that wouldn't require him to sign his life away.
Talos Bulwark
Player

Words: 5068
Joined roleplay: September 2nd, 2010, 8:47 pm

Postby Eanos on September 15th, 2010, 10:53 am

Her smile brought a smile to his face, which took some doing all things considered, but he gave her a short bow in thanks.

"The Housing Authority?" It was news to him that such a thing existed, but he appreciated the guidance.

"Thank you for your help, I will proceed there forthwith."

He gave her another nod and turned away, his feet now on the path to this new office.
Eanos
Overgiven Magesmith

Words: 443521
Joined roleplay: March 22nd, 2010, 2:38 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 4
Featured Character (1) Peer Reviewer (1)
Donor (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Nyahna Sasin on September 27th, 2010, 11:08 pm

2nd of fall

Walking down the street, Sasin spotted the building he was looking for. The Employment office. Walking in, he soon spotted a woman at a table.

Walking over to her, he hesitantly said "Excuse me. I'm currently seeking employment, and was told that I should come here?"
Nyahna Sasin
The snakepuppy assassin

Words: 164919
Joined roleplay: December 21st, 2009, 8:24 am
Blog: View Blog (2)
Race: Dhani
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Dusk on October 4th, 2010, 2:09 am

Talos

The elderly woman smiled and nodded, opening a box filled with little pieces of parchment and began thumbing through them. "Well if I remember correctly, we have a guard job or two, but they would be more... um, standing outside of a locked door and making sure no one breaks in. Not terribly exciting, if that's what you're looking for," she chuckled, continuing to search. "Oh! There's a new tavern opening up soon, they might need someone to work security. Are you available for late nights?"

Sasin

The receptionist smiled and waved him towards an empty chair. "Of course, sir, we'd be more than happy to help. My name is Trega," she said, motioning for him to sit as she took her own seat on the other side of the desk. "Now, what sort of work are you looking for, and how long do you plan to stay in Syliras?"
PLEASE NOTE: Finals are over, but summer is eating my soul. As such, as of the end of June I will not be accepting any new quests/modded threads until I finish some of the ones I've already started/agreed to. My apologies for this, but I don't want to be unfair to those who have been waiting for replies!

Dusk's Office - Information on Syliras - Help Desk
Dusk
DS: Syliras and Wildlands

Words: 341560
Joined roleplay: April 6th, 2010, 5:33 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 7
Featured Contributor (1) Trailblazer (1)
Donor (1) Power Fork (2)
Trash Medal (1) Thunderspork (1)

PreviousNext