Closed [Baroque Bay] Gazing at the stars (Iosena)

Learning Astronomy

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A lawless town of anarchists, built on the ruins of an ancient mining city. [Lore]

Moderator: Morose

[Baroque Bay] Gazing at the stars (Iosena)

Postby Tink Scalpellion on November 7th, 2014, 4:41 am

Fall 17
Tink had always loved looking at the stars. Even as a child, Tink would look up at the heavens and stare at the stars, marveling at their beauty. As they hung balanced in the sky,Tink was impressed by their grandeur. They seemed to be watching every move he made and all of his actions. It was quite intimidating, actually! Suddenly, a shooting star flew across the sky, leaving all the stationary stars behind.

The heavens. The home of the gods. I wonder what Haramaus is doing? Am I of any worth to him, or am I only an ant? Will the works of my life ever amount to anything? Will people remember me; Will I leave behind a legacy and cause others to follow in my footsteps?

Sitting on the ground gazing at the stars was quite relaxing. Tink wished that he would one day be able to name the stars, describe their orbits, and know anything about them.

Mumbling to himself, Tink said, "Ah. If only someone knew about the stars. I fear its a lost art that nobody pursues."
Current maximum reply time per thread: two days.
Tink Scalpellion
Herbalistic Healing Pycon

Words: 17660
Joined roleplay: August 12th, 2014, 3:39 pm
Race: Pycon
Character sheet

Postby Iosena on November 7th, 2014, 6:30 am

Iosena sang a story of Leth as she walked along the dock and gazed upon his face. Her singing was a bit mournful and carried with it an ethereal quality. She saw the Pycon ahead and paused in her song, hearing his question she smiled down at him, "it would seem that Zintila smiles upon you tonight. You know, there are great tales in the stars. I could tell you a few if you like, it is their stories that tell you about their nature."
Iosena of the Ethaefal, daughter of Leth, former Inarta.
Iosena
Player

Words: 7163
Joined roleplay: November 1st, 2014, 8:02 pm
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet

Postby Tink Scalpellion on November 9th, 2014, 4:38 am

What the shyke! What was that voice Tink heard? Out of nowhere some random person human thing came up and replied to Tink. That was freaky. Tink didn't expect anyone to be close to him when he started talking outloud.

Hmm. I wonder what "stories" she knows? I doubt that they would be true. Ehh. Mind as well let her tell me them and maybe point out some of the stars. Can't hurt, the worst case is she's some drunk idiot whose a little tipsy.

"Sure. Why don't you tell me about the stars and maybe include some of their names. In return, maybe I can tell you a few stories" Tink replied.
Tink Scalpellion

Character sheet

Postby Iosena on November 9th, 2014, 10:33 pm

Iosena sat on the ground near the Pycon and tilted her head back to look up at the stars. She let her eyes move from one to the next, they were like familiar friends whose faces she missed dearly. She carefully considered each, their tales and significance before she finally selected one.

She pointed off at a bright pink star "that one there is Valaris, she was a hand maiden of Zintila, long long ago. Valaris was happy serving such a radiant entity as Zintila and would do small things to make her mistress happy. She'd make sure her chambers were always adorned with beautiful flowers to remind her of her mother, Semele. Some days she would play the harp to help Zintila rest, as the affairs of the stars are many.

This life was enough for Valaris until Shyln arrived in the kingdom. He was tall and handsome, his blue eyes sparkled with a beautiful light. Valaris had never seen anyone like him before and desired to know him better. She engaged him in conversation in the dining hall that night and found his rough warrior sensibilities so foreign to her own. Shyln however, was taken with the delicate maiden.

Their courtship was tenuous at first with Shyln pursuing Valaris whenever he could find her, trying to offer her tokens from his hunts. Valaris felt sorry for the things he'd killed and didn't want to accept his gifts though. Finally one day he brought her a flower from a glade deep in the heart of the forest, it was a flower that only bloomed one night a year. Valaris loved the token so much that she agreed to see him further.

From there their love for each other grew, but it meant that Valaris had less time to see to the things that pleased her Mistress. Zintila missed the flowers in her room, the harp music and the other little things Valaris did for her. So, when Shyln came to ask Zintila for permission to marry her handmaiden, she denied him.

Valaris and Shyln were heartbroken by this and Valaris went to Zintila and pleaded. Zintila would not be persuaded and threatened to banish Shyln if Valaris did not see to her duties as she had before. At first Valaris tried to please her Queen hoping to change her mind. She brought the prettiest flowers she could find and played her harp everyday. Zintila would not be persuaded though.

The couple would not be apart despite the desires of the Queen and plotted to run away together. It was ill fated, as Zintila caught them as they were leaving the gate. For their betrayal Zintila banished Shyln and imprisoned Valaris in her harp.

So you see that is the heart of Valaris, the other stars around make up the harp. This time of year she is in the eastern sky."

Iosena paused in her story to gesture way across the sky "over there is Shyln, the warrior looking for his love," she pointed to another cluster of stars.

"They are always apart as Zintila cursed them. Though they pursue each other across they sky, their positions changing with the seasons."

She gave the Pycon a sad smile briefly before looking back up at the sky and turning her attention to Leth.
Iosena
Player

Character sheet

Postby Tink Scalpellion on November 12th, 2014, 5:20 am

This was fascinating. Tink loved learning about all the stars in the universe! He loed looking up and seeing them twinkle in the sky! It seemed as if the Gods were staring down at him watching his every move. One day, Tink hoped they appreciated him and blessed him with a gnosis mark. That was his dream.

"Continue! Continue! Tell me more! I'll ask questions later!'
Tink Scalpellion

Character sheet

Postby Iosena on November 15th, 2014, 12:39 am

Iosena looked at the stars in deep thought, a bit longer. There were so many and they all had their stories, she had her favorites and it was hard to pick between them all. After a bit she looked at the Pycon, "point to one and I will tell you it's tale."
Iosena
Player

Character sheet

Postby Tink Scalpellion on November 15th, 2014, 6:44 am

Tink and the woman talked for nearly half a bell all about stars, their positons, and more stories. Tink was captivated and quickly lost track of time. Funny how time flies when your doing something you enjoy, but its slow during monotonous,borig tasks. Very, Very interesting.

"Fascinating. Extraordinary, but I really do need to get going now. It is way past my bedtime. I really appreciate all that you have taught me!"

Tink looked up and marveled at the stars in the sky. Imagine being up close to them nd seeing them fron space. Ahh. A Pycon can always dream. He was delighted to have learned all of these facts about stars.His mind would certainly br occupied for quite some time. Tink stood up and walked away.
Tink Scalpellion

Character sheet

Postby Vanari on December 13th, 2014, 6:02 am

Please update your ledger to reflect living expenses for Fall 514 or, in the case of Tink notify me of your return, and I will happily post your grades ASAP!

A lonely heart is better than a bored one.

"Your Speech"
"My Speech"
"Vani"
Vanari
Vantha Vagrant

Words: 372424
Joined roleplay: July 29th, 2013, 12:20 am
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Medals: 4
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Overlored (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)