[Syliras Location] Welcome Center/Employment Office

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

Postby Nyahna Sasin on October 26th, 2010, 1:42 am

He grinned wryly. He liked this human. "I think it'd rather hunt, actually. I was wondering where I could go to sell the meat." This wasn't going to be easy. He knew his poison was deadly to humans, which meant forgoing his usual hunting techniques. Then again, he did need practice with his archery, and this was as good an excuse as any.
Nyahna Sasin
The snakepuppy assassin

Words: 164919
Joined roleplay: December 21st, 2009, 8:24 am
Blog: View Blog (2)
Race: Dhani
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Dusk on October 26th, 2010, 2:46 am

Sasin

Trega shuffled through a box filled with scraps of stiff paper, and pulled out a notecard. "You'll just need to take it to the Butcher of Alban. They'll give you a decent price on it, never fear," she said, handing over the scrap of paper with a smile.

OOCJust see the note I put on Nida's reply about hunting. :)
PLEASE NOTE: Finals are over, but summer is eating my soul. As such, as of the end of June I will not be accepting any new quests/modded threads until I finish some of the ones I've already started/agreed to. My apologies for this, but I don't want to be unfair to those who have been waiting for replies!

Dusk's Office - Information on Syliras - Help Desk
Dusk
DS: Syliras and Wildlands

Words: 341560
Joined roleplay: April 6th, 2010, 5:33 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 7
Featured Contributor (1) Trailblazer (1)
Donor (1) Power Fork (2)
Trash Medal (1) Thunderspork (1)

Postby Nidassasyae on October 26th, 2010, 9:18 am

OOCThanks so much for the job, Dusk!

Nidassasyae looked at the piece of paper with interest, the dark lines on it meant nothing to her, but they did seem pretty. She'd show it to Seliarus after, or maybe Nehsmay, one of them ought to know what this was. Nidae gave the paper an experimental sniff, it had an odd smell, she supposed that it was the smell of the material used to make the black lines. Inspecting the paper once more, she shrugged and tucked it into her pocket.

"Thank you so much!" she smiled to the receptionist, "I'm so excited about this job." She tasted the new word on her tongue, filling her with a childish thrill. "C'mon Sel, we'd better get going. Nehsmay will be wondering where we are."

With a wave to the kindly woman, she pulled open the door and hopped down the steps, waiting for her Dhani friend to follow.
Nidassasyae
Crazy Cat Lady

Words: 222053
Joined roleplay: October 12th, 2010, 12:30 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Medals: 4
Artist (1) Power Fork (2)
Trash Medal (1)

Postby Seliarus on October 26th, 2010, 9:39 am

OOC: What the one above said. Thank you for the job.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Seliarus just gave away an odd look, and simply stood there as she was talking. Funny, then he did understand everything that was said, but, he wasn't allowed to speak. His own heart said so. He had no desire of being chased out. Not again. Yet, when he seen the receptionist waving the papers at him, he firstly gave her an odd, almost cold look. Then he bowed his head down, and took the papers. As he wasn't really used on having such a thing in his hands on a daily basis, he decided he'll just, keep in in his hands. He looked one last time at the woman behind the desk.

Snake-shifter, hmm? It looked like she had something against his race. As always. He bowed his head again at her, trying to show her he appreciated her help. Soon enough, his sickly green eyes traveled off, as he turned around, and started walking. He almost envied his Kelvic friend for the cheerfulness she had. He silently followed her, and closed the door she had opened afterwards.
"Who knows? Life is like a roll on the dice. You can’t know if something is a good, or a bad roll until it already happened."

The CS moding, framing, editing, and making it look awesome = Copyrights; Nidassasyae Iskedarst
Seliarus
That lil' Snakey

Words: 124204
Joined roleplay: October 13th, 2010, 2:45 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Dhani
Character sheet

Postby Nehsmay on November 1st, 2010, 7:30 pm

51 of Fall, 510 AV

Nehsmay silently made her way through the crowded streets of Syliras... she had heard from her friends that there was an employment office somewhere and as she needed extra money she decided to check it out. She hoped she wouldn't get lost, as it was near nightfall and she was certain she wouldn't be able to make out her way in the dark.

The Vantha woman sighed in relief as she saw the sign that read "Welcome Center and Employment Office" on a building to her left". She stopped in the doorstep wondering what kind of work she would be able to find, uncertain if she was even qualified for anything.

Sighing and understanding that she would never find out unless she asked, Nehsmay made her way inside and walked straight to the desk."Hello, my name is Nehsmay." she said timidly "I'm looking for a job."
Last edited by Nehsmay on November 6th, 2010, 9:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Banners made by Nidae
Nehsmay
Storyteller Traveler

Words: 75952
Joined roleplay: October 6th, 2010, 8:02 am
Location: Somewhere in Ghed'ahre... stalking Te'ijal and Galahad
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet

Postby Dusk on November 6th, 2010, 5:49 am

Nehsmay

OOC NotePlease add a timestamp to the above post so I know when we're doing this. :)

An older human woman sat at a desk in the front of the office, paperwork spread out in front of her that she was dutifully filling out. She glanced up to see a new person enter, and gave her warmest, most motherly smile.

"Welcome to Syliras," she said automatically, waving the girl into a seat. "What type of work are you looking for, and how long will you be in town?"
PLEASE NOTE: Finals are over, but summer is eating my soul. As such, as of the end of June I will not be accepting any new quests/modded threads until I finish some of the ones I've already started/agreed to. My apologies for this, but I don't want to be unfair to those who have been waiting for replies!

Dusk's Office - Information on Syliras - Help Desk
Dusk
DS: Syliras and Wildlands

Words: 341560
Joined roleplay: April 6th, 2010, 5:33 pm
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 7
Featured Contributor (1) Trailblazer (1)
Donor (1) Power Fork (2)
Trash Medal (1) Thunderspork (1)

Postby Nehsmay on November 6th, 2010, 9:42 am

Nehsmay glanced at the old woman in surprise... what type pf work was she looking for? She didn't know, she had never worked before. Sure she had told stories for the younger ones and helped her mother cook, but that was not exactly work.

"I'm not sure..." she said a bit confuse "I can tell stories and can sing a little. I'm also fairly decent at wielding the bow, but am still learning. I guess I'd like to be a storyteller if there is such a job..." she trailed off "I'll be staying in Syliras until the beginning of winter at most I think."

Banners made by Nidae
Nehsmay
Storyteller Traveler

Words: 75952
Joined roleplay: October 6th, 2010, 8:02 am
Location: Somewhere in Ghed'ahre... stalking Te'ijal and Galahad
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet

Postby Belle on November 15th, 2010, 12:30 am

5th Day of Fall 510

Belle was still not used to Sylira, for she had been living on the Isle most of her life. She was still not confident about finding a job but how else was she to earn money? She was not a theif. She looked around for the building a friendly shopkeeper had described. Giving up seemed tempting with every passing minute. How was she supposed to work if she could not even find the enployment building.

After a considerable time of looking around the city she found the building at last. "This job thing better be worth it" , she muttering to herself as she walked up to the lady at the front desk before smiling brightly. "Hello, my name is Belle, and I'm here to look for a job." Let's hope this woman isn't as simple minded as half the people in this town.

Would you kill a person?NoWhat if they tried to kill you?Then I'll kill them back.How could you kill them back if you're killed first?Then I'll kill them first.Then you would kill a person.
Belle
I'm sorry but I'm leaving Mizahar :(

Words: 4519
Joined roleplay: November 12th, 2010, 6:59 am
Race: Konti
Character sheet

Postby Leviathan on November 15th, 2010, 2:16 am

@ Belle

Aenysa Tieran had been watching Belle with a twinkle in her eye and a smile on her face from the moment she stepped in. "Hello Belle, I'm Aenysa, and I'm here to help you find one." The young woman giggled lightly as if she was the funniest thing to ever exist. She stopped soon after and apologized. "Pardon me. So Miss Belle, what is it you were hoping to find? If you aren't sure just what you wanted to do, then perhaps you can tell me what you are good at? Like Medicine, dancing, do you have the muscle of a blacksmith perhaps?" Aenysa grinned again, fighting the urge to giggle. "Or perhaps you have a love for animals or specifically horses. Really, we have all sorts of options available."
Bad News Everybody. School is picking up, Exams are beginning to happen, homework is growing time consuming, I may soon be evicted from my apartment, I'm dealing with severe and physical fights among several of my best friends, and I can't seem to find a time to get much needed sleep. I'm terribly sorry, but don't expect to see much of me for a long while.
Leviathan
Adapt, Migrate, or Die

Words: 281278
Joined roleplay: July 25th, 2010, 6:57 pm
Character sheet
Office
Scrapbook

Postby Belle on November 15th, 2010, 3:16 am

Belle started at Aenysa for a quick moment. She has never met anyone so... happy. It made her feel a little uncomfortable. She smiled, none the less. Well i'm not really sure whay kind of job I want though I am a good artist and swimmer, I also love the animals in the sea but horses are just fine. I'm also pretty good with a Suvai. Belle couldn't help but smile but this time it was genuine and her eyes brightened considerably. Aenysa gave off a certain glow of warmth and innocence.

Would you kill a person?NoWhat if they tried to kill you?Then I'll kill them back.How could you kill them back if you're killed first?Then I'll kill them first.Then you would kill a person.
Belle
I'm sorry but I'm leaving Mizahar :(

Words: 4519
Joined roleplay: November 12th, 2010, 6:59 am
Race: Konti
Character sheet

PreviousNext