[Syliras Location] Welcome Center/Employment Office

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

Postby Leviathan on November 15th, 2010, 3:37 am

@ Belle

Aenysa leaned back in her seat a bit. A faint frown expose itself as her question wasn't really answered, yet Belle didn't really know what to say. These were the hardest ones to find employment for, the ones who seemed to be unaware or unused to work in general. Perhaps she hadn't even worked a day in her life. "Well, if you are a good performer, like dancing, then you may be able to convince the locals on the streets to toss a few coins your way. If you know any other tricks or even people that you can team up with, it may work even better. You don't seem to know exactly what you want or need though, makes this difficult."

Aenysa, pausing a moment to open a large book and scan the first few pages, she looked up at Belle again. "Well, if you are familiar with horses, we have the Windmount Stables. They're always willing to accept a few helping hands with the horses, and I hear training is easily obtained as well. I don't think swimming will do much good, but the Soothing Waters, though not a place to typically swim, might be pleasing?" Aenysa shrugged. Without Belle helping her out, she wouldn't be able to help out much.
Bad News Everybody. School is picking up, Exams are beginning to happen, homework is growing time consuming, I may soon be evicted from my apartment, I'm dealing with severe and physical fights among several of my best friends, and I can't seem to find a time to get much needed sleep. I'm terribly sorry, but don't expect to see much of me for a long while.
Leviathan
Adapt, Migrate, or Die

Words: 281278
Joined roleplay: July 25th, 2010, 6:57 pm
Race: Staff account
Character sheet
Office
Scrapbook

Postby Belle on November 15th, 2010, 4:10 am

Belle knew she wasn't giving much but she's not really expirenced in the work area so she didn't expect much but a nudge in the right direction. She thought it over for a moment. She loved water but the Soothing Waters sounded a bit tempting but not if she was probably going to probably just do laundry. The Windmount Stables sounded pretty good. She really loved all animals, just prefers the ones in the sea.

She bagan to fall in love with the idea the more she thought about it. She could imagine herself combing a horse, sattling it up, or even mucking out the stalls. Well it wouldn't hurt to try. "I think I'll try the Windmount Stables." The thoughtful look was still on her face as she gave a little wave of thanks and left the building. She stopped for a second. Maybe I should have asked for directions... Oh well, how hard could it be to find stables?

Would you kill a person?NoWhat if they tried to kill you?Then I'll kill them back.How could you kill them back if you're killed first?Then I'll kill them first.Then you would kill a person.
Belle
I'm sorry but I'm leaving Mizahar :(

Words: 4519
Joined roleplay: November 12th, 2010, 6:59 am
Race: Konti
Character sheet

Postby Dusk on November 21st, 2010, 5:11 pm

Nehsmay

The woman chuckled a little as she watched the girl's face blank in surprise. Never had a job, then, and weren't they just getting a ton of those this season? How in Gnora's name did these people make it to adulthood without working? Never happened in her day.

"The Vanthan are known for their wonderous stories, and we in Syliras are known for loving them," she said with a warm smile. "A pity you won't be staying longer, or I'd apprentice you to one of the Knights to spin tales from their adventures. No matter, though," she said, opening a small box filled with scraps of paper. Her fingers flicked through them agily until she found the one she was looking for, and she drew it out and handed it over to her. "There you are, my dear. The White Swan, an establishment known for it's grace and beauty. They are considering putting on a show every tenth-night, with storytellers brought in to enrapture the audience. Since you won't be here long, you won't be given a steady wage, but they'll pay you for each night you share your tales."

OOC NoteYou can post to the White Swan and link them to this post to let them know what you're applying for. Have fun!

PLEASE NOTE: Finals are over, but summer is eating my soul. As such, as of the end of June I will not be accepting any new quests/modded threads until I finish some of the ones I've already started/agreed to. My apologies for this, but I don't want to be unfair to those who have been waiting for replies!

Dusk's Office - Information on Syliras - Help Desk
Dusk
DS: Syliras and Wildlands

Words: 341560
Joined roleplay: April 6th, 2010, 5:33 pm
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 7
Featured Contributor (1) Trailblazer (1)
Donor (1) Power Fork (2)
Trash Medal (1) Thunderspork (1)

Postby Branwen on January 8th, 2011, 6:01 pm

Season of Winter, Day 38, 510 AV

Branwen walked in, closing the door behind her quietly. From a quick look around, she determined that she was early. The sun had only started to rise a few hours ago... Regardless, she was here for a job, and that's what mattered. The secretary looked at her cheerily, seemingly as awake and bright-eyed as Branwen, who grinned in return. She liked this place. "Good morning! I'm here in hopes of gaining employment. Could you help me?"
Branwen
Part Zith, part human, part AWESOME.

Words: 1093
Joined roleplay: January 5th, 2011, 8:39 am
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet

Postby Dusk on January 20th, 2011, 10:26 am

Branwen

The woman smiled warmly as she made her statement. "Lovely!" she laughed. "What kind of job are you looking for, and how long will you be in Syliras? If you don't know what sort of job you're interested in, just let me know what your skills are and I'll see if I can't scare something up."
PLEASE NOTE: Finals are over, but summer is eating my soul. As such, as of the end of June I will not be accepting any new quests/modded threads until I finish some of the ones I've already started/agreed to. My apologies for this, but I don't want to be unfair to those who have been waiting for replies!

Dusk

Office
Scrapbook
Donor (1) Power Fork (2)

Postby Dusk on January 20th, 2011, 2:07 pm

Okay guys. There is a note on the front page about what is expected of you in this thread. I love you, but I'm getting tired of typing the same thing over and over again. Get with the program, my lovelies! Any future entrances which do not include what you're looking for and how long you're going to be in Syliras will get a copy/paste answer because I can't type that question four times a week.

Dusk

Office
Scrapbook
Donor (1) Power Fork (2)

Postby Jokor on January 25th, 2011, 6:12 pm

Winter 60th of 510 AV

Jokor practically ran inside the building and quickly closed the door behind him, basking in the warmth of the building for a minute before he focusing back onto his goal.He needed a job to get some money, his clothes where getting worn and since he quit the circus he didn't get any free food anymore either.
He walked towards the desk, trying not to look to paranoid about the person behind the desk, he knew from hearsay that the knights of syliras where very strict about the rules and stuff and since breaking the rules was almost the only thing he was good at he was fairly nervous about his stay here.
As soon as he was standing infront of the desk he looked straight into the man's eyes as he began to speak.
"I need a job old man, I dunno what you have right now but I am a fast kid, I can carry packages around if you need, I won't peek in those packages either." Jokor quickly said, listing a few points that always got the people in Sunberth interested in giving him a job.

OOC: Dusk I have no idea how to put in how long he is in syliras. But he is going to stay at least until late spring, maybe even into the summer. I hope this is enough info to get me a job. Not much non criminal skills and I know how the knights react to that.
also I took the liberty of chosing the NPC I was speaking to, if that isn't allowed I won't mind changing it.
Jokor
Streetrat

Words: 213913
Joined roleplay: September 27th, 2010, 6:57 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Dusk on February 5th, 2011, 1:16 pm

Jokor

The man raised one eyebrow as he glanced up at Jokor, and waved the boy to have a seat. "To begin with, I would suggest you not begin conversations by addressing someone in a disrespectful manner," he said smoothly, and though his words may have been taken as harsh there was no hint of emotion in his voice. They could have just as easily been discussing the weather. "Might I suggest 'Sir' or 'Mister' when dealing with a man and 'Lady' or 'Mistress' when addressing a woman. When dealing with a prospective employer, ignoring such niceties indicates a distinct lack of social graces that will often keep you from obtaining the very position you are requesting. When coming to ask a favor of someone you've never met before, it would usually make them disinclined to assist you. Such self-destructive behavior is almost guaranteed to accomplish no helpful goal for you. Luckily, however, you have come to me, and I take no insult at your greeting. I merely seek to help you to see the error of your ways, and thus lead a more fulfilling life. Now. You say you have served as a messenger before? In what city, if I may ask?"

Dusk

Office
Scrapbook
Donor (1) Power Fork (2)

Postby Jokor on February 7th, 2011, 1:32 am

Jokor had to think a few moments about how exactly he screwed up with his manners again, he was an old guy so why would that be offending?
Jokor just shrugged it off and sat down on the chair offered to him.
Though he did file the tidbits of information away in his mind for later, you never knew when he had to suck up to some official or a knight or something and if the old man was right and he would get a job more easily by using miss or mister then no foul in doing so.
At the mans question he nodded.
"yes I worked as an errand boy in Sunberth for a while, so I can guarantee the goods will get on time." Before the man could say anything else, not really caring if he would say anything about him being of sunberth he continued.
"And no you won't find the packages in my own pockets, the amount of knights around here are making that a very bad idea."
Jokor looked back up to the man and waited for the answer.
Jokor
Streetrat

Words: 213913
Joined roleplay: September 27th, 2010, 6:57 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Xaejenz Thellyu on February 7th, 2011, 2:59 am

Xae trudged into the Welcome Center building. Wiping her black shoes on the carpet at the door she smiled at the receptionist. The building had seemed run-down, and it was, but whoever had started it up again had done an excellent job. It was better inside than outside, but it felt slightly humid. The bernette girl scanned the room, took a deep breath, and walked up to the counter. "Erm...I'd like a job with an exceptional salary, I don't mind physical activity and I wouldn't like to go into small spaces," the girls green eyes scanned the woman's face for reaction so far then continued, "...Oh! I don't like climbing trees either." Xae exclaimed. Realizing she hadn't introduced herself she gritted her teeth and began again, "my name is Xaejenz Thellyu by the way, miss. I don't know how long I'll be in Syliras, but for now I honestly believe I'll be here for a year." Xae thought on it for a moment, did she forget anything? She soon took off her coat from the uncomfortableness, but before setting it down she remembered the stone dagger at her waste. Twisting her belt backwards and putting on her dirty blue cloak she hoped no one had noticed.
Xaejenz Thellyu
Mentally Scarred

Words: 2509
Joined roleplay: February 6th, 2011, 5:40 am
Character sheet

PreviousNext