[Syliras Location] Welcome Center/Employment Office

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

Postby Amarhyl on February 12th, 2011, 12:05 pm

Season of Winter, Day 61, 510 AV

It had been a few days since Amarhyl had arrived in Syliras, and she figured that she should find a job if she were to stay here long-term. She pushed open the door of the Employment Office, and stepped inside. She didn't understand much about applying for jobs, young as she was, but she knew that she had skills, and she was willing to learn.
She made her way to the counter and gave a nervous glance to the person seated behind it.
"Uh, I'm interested in employment..." She paused briefly, trying not to fiddle with the catch on her cloak.
"I've never worked before, but I can embroider," She motioned to the delicate purple pattern she'd embroidered to the collar of her tunic, "and I can probably make small garments." Her nerves sounded in her voice and she took a breath to calm down.
"I'm planning on staying here for a while, a year or more, so is there something that is available for that long?"

She raised her gaze from the top of the desk, to look at the figure seated there once more.

Amarhyl
Knowledge Seeker

Words: 56680
Joined roleplay: February 9th, 2011, 5:58 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Alabaster Reymon on February 12th, 2011, 4:21 pm

25th Winter, 510 AV

Alabaster was on his last hundred, now not even that, mizas and the idea donned on him that he might actually need to get a job. Resentful of anything that might attach him to this place he walked in the employment office with an air of mixed feeling about him, something between utter sadness, hate, and loathing. Quite the combination, but when he reached the desk and looked at the lady manning it he put on his best fake smile, "Uhh, hello," He said nervously as his eyes darted around the room unsure if he would be hired or not, "Im Alabaster," he introduced himself. "Im looking for any kind of employment, but I was wondering if you had anything in the area of Sculpting?" His voice laced with his unsure thoughts, but smile still, amazingly, kept up.
Last edited by Alabaster Reymon on February 13th, 2011, 2:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Alabaster Reymon
The Archeologist

Words: 21623
Joined roleplay: December 31st, 2010, 10:01 pm
Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Leviathan on February 12th, 2011, 6:50 pm

@ Xaejenz
OOCPlease timestamp your entrance

Xae was met with the beautiful, startlingly intense yet kind blue gaze from the elderly woman. Trega Braklin smiled gently as the young woman, Xaejenz, settled in and made herself a bit more comfortable. She was new, unfamiliar to Syliras, Trega knew because she didn't know this woman, and Trega Braklin knew just about everyone worth knowing. "How are you doing today Miss Thellyu? I am Trega Braklin. Let's discuss your plans for work. It always makes me smile to find a young woman ready and willing to earn her own coin. Very respectable. Tell me, what is it you are good at doing? What do you like doing? Syliras has many jobs available, most which you can even learn skills from, but I'd hate for you to be stuck doing something you hated." Trega's smile widened briefly as Xae mentioned trees. The silly girl. "We don't have to worry about trees. Syliras has none but the Windoak, and he's not too found of being climbed."

@ Amarhyl

Timid as she was, Amarhyl was, as everyone who enters the building was, greeted with a firm smile. Aenysa Tieran took various papers that she had been reading from and turned them upside down, obviously to keep any wandering eyes from reading something. "Welcome to Syliras Miss, I'm Aenysa. Let's get to the point though. Although your embroidery is very impressive, that alone may not be enough to bring in a large amount of miza. However, Navia down at An Elegant Weave has a good staff and is always looking for more skilled hands. Working there would be tough, but I'm sure you could get a hang of it in no time, learn a thing or two of your own. Your embroidery work might even help you out there." Aenysa smiled and nodded, peering up at Amarhyl from her seat behind the desk.

@ Alabastar
OOCTimestamp your entrance post please.

Trega Braklin, the elderly woman with a surprising beauty still about her, looked up at Alabastar as he approached her desk. Even though his smile was painfully and obviously fake, she smiled in return, a smile that was genuine, as if she was quite happy to see him. Her smile faded into a mock frown as he asked about pottery. He silvery hair waved lightly as she shook her head. "I'm sorry, Doll. There's no place like that to work." Trega smiled again, obviously she had other ideas to pitch to him. "However, if you are a bold young lad, you can rent a space in the Great Bazaar, set up your own shop, and sell your own wares. You'd have to pay the knights so much of your earnings, but they are often willing to help businesses get started. If you are interested, feel free to visit Sergeant Knight Tenner Nigriso at The Housing Authority and discuss your ideas." Trega gave the young man a quick playful wink.
Bad News Everybody. School is picking up, Exams are beginning to happen, homework is growing time consuming, I may soon be evicted from my apartment, I'm dealing with severe and physical fights among several of my best friends, and I can't seem to find a time to get much needed sleep. I'm terribly sorry, but don't expect to see much of me for a long while.
Leviathan
Adapt, Migrate, or Die

Words: 281278
Joined roleplay: July 25th, 2010, 6:57 pm
Race: Staff account
Character sheet
Office
Scrapbook

Postby Amarhyl on February 12th, 2011, 7:21 pm

As the woman behind the counter spoke, Amarhyl nodded. She knew that embroidery wasn't a sought-after trade, and she understood that she would most likely have supplement it.
An Elegant Weave. She liked the name, it sounded as though it was a place she would like. She figured that it had something to do with clothing, and, while she'd only created patchy shirts for her own use, she was sure that she could pick up the skills she needed easily. She had a steady hand and an eye for detail, as was needed with embroidery, so that should help her somewhat.
The woman's smile calmed Amarhyl a little. "So...I should go down there and enquire?" Her voice rose a little at the end of her sentence and she balled her hands into fists to steady herself again. "I don't mind working hard. It's why I'm here." She offered the woman a shaky smile.

Amarhyl
Knowledge Seeker

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Leviathan on February 12th, 2011, 7:33 pm

@ Amarhyl

Aenysa nodded slowly, figuring she already made that clear, but never was she rude. "Yes. Go there, talk to Navia. Tell her that Aenysa from the Welcome Center sent you. I'm not guaranteeing she'll hire you. It's completely her call, her business. But smile, be kind, but not weak, and I'm sure she'll take you under her wing. Working hard is what impresses people." Aenysa smiled again as she pointed in the direction she needed to go. The corridors weren't difficult to follow, since they were literally large hallways. The shop would be difficult to miss. "I'm sure you'll fit in just fine around here. If for any reason you don't get hired, come back and we'll find your somewhere else to go."
Bad News Everybody. School is picking up, Exams are beginning to happen, homework is growing time consuming, I may soon be evicted from my apartment, I'm dealing with severe and physical fights among several of my best friends, and I can't seem to find a time to get much needed sleep. I'm terribly sorry, but don't expect to see much of me for a long while.
Leviathan
Adapt, Migrate, or Die

Character sheet
Office
Scrapbook

Postby Amarhyl on February 12th, 2011, 7:51 pm

Again, the young girl nodded at the words the woman spoke. ...but not weak... Amarhyl drew in a breath. She needed to keep her nerves to herself. She knew that she had the ability to do the work, she knew that she had the capacity to learn. Oddly, while she worked on her embroidery she could happily chat with someone if they spoke to her. It was only when she had to face someone with no distraction that she became a shaking wreck.
Her gaze followed the direction in which the woman pointed and she made a mental note of the name she would need to ask for, and the name she would need to give. Navia...and Aenysa...
Another small smile was given to the woman, Aenysa, and a dip of her head.
"Thank you so much for helping me." She gave another nod and headed for the door. If Aenysa was listening carefully, she may just have been able to hear the girl muttering to herself. "Don't be nervous, you know how to sew..."
OOCShould I make an actual post in the shop? I wasn't sure, as I thought it was only for making purchases. (If you don't want to add another post, because it would probably be a little pointless for you, you could pm me a one word answer or something)

Amarhyl
Knowledge Seeker

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Mekotsu Hellborn on February 13th, 2011, 5:49 pm

After she had entered the town and saw nothing happen when she just sat around with her pelts, she decided she best just get the actual job. She aksed one of the guards where she would go about doing that and they pointed her toward the build. The woman entered the building, leaving her horse and bird outside as she looked around and smiled. She then walked up to the desk.

"Good marrow everyone, i seek employment in the hunting and leather working range. Anything open right now ma'm?"
Mekotsu Hellborn
Dark Hunter

Words: 17052
Joined roleplay: February 13th, 2011, 4:31 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Aiyana on February 14th, 2011, 12:34 am

Winter 75 510 AV, Late afternoon

After being given directions to the office by one of the knights patrolling the city, Aiyana stood in front of the employment office. She quietly stepped inside, her eyes their usual violet color but flecked with pale grey, darting around and taking in every aspect of the small room. With only a few gold mizas left, Aiya was worried she wouldn’t have enough money to continue traveling by the time spring came. Seeing only a few other people in the room, Aiya walked up to the main desk.

“Hello, I’m Aiyana” she said with an eager smile. “I was wondering if you had any temporary jobs available in the area of sculpting or carving, but I’m willing to work in any other areas as well. I’ll only be here for a few weeks, until Spring arrives.”
Aiyana
Player

Words: 7380
Joined roleplay: February 5th, 2011, 12:59 pm
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet

Postby Leviathan on February 14th, 2011, 1:44 am

@ Mekotsu
OOCPlease timestamp your post. Also, I'd like to make sure you know that Syliras is one huge city inside of a castle/fortress.

Trega Braklin gratefully tore her gaze from a rather impressive and heavy looking book to look at the young woman that entered talking to 'everybody' in the room, which was only Missus Trega Braklin. The silver haired woman smiled politely as she offered a faint chuckle. "Well, good day to you too." Trega took a moment to look Trega over, a quick examination, perhaps a few unspoken judgments. "Well, another skilled hunter is always welcome here in Syliras. Fresh or preserved meats can be sold at the butchers in town, the skins are always valuable to somebody. However, being a hunter means your income will depend completely on what you bring into town and sell. If you are enduring enough to be employed as well though, you can go to All Things Leather. It's a wonderful leatherworks run by Myrian, Nabinu. He's an interesting fellow but civilized. Speak with him at the shop if you want to work there." Trega smiled, nodded and returned to her rather ominous and painful book. It didn't appear to be a read for pleasure or entertainment. Perhaps a ledger or records.

@ Aiyana

Trega Braklin looked up, another visitor had arrived. The Welcome Center was notorious for drawing in lots of attention. "Hello there. I'm afraid to admit that Syliras has no businesses in large scale carving, and there's not much room for sculpting on a large scale. However, there's always the option to run your own stall in the bazaar. If that interests you, go talk to Sergeant Knight Tenner Nigriso at the Housing Authority. He'll get everything cleared up. Does that help?"
Leviathan
Adapt, Migrate, or Die

Character sheet
Office
Scrapbook

Postby Dusk on March 1st, 2011, 5:55 pm

Jokor

The man stared at him a moment, then gave a small sigh through his nose. "Well, there isn't much call for that here. Those with the coin to spare for messengers go through the actual service, and I don't think you've the experience or the right mindset to work there. Not to mention that's more of a long-term commitment. However, if it's simply a few coin you're looking for, we can find you something around here. You can run errands around town for the girls, which lets them spend more time here working. Yes, I think that would be quite acceptable. I'd be willing to pay you a sum of seven silver for every day you work. Does that suffice?"
PLEASE NOTE: Finals are over, but summer is eating my soul. As such, as of the end of June I will not be accepting any new quests/modded threads until I finish some of the ones I've already started/agreed to. My apologies for this, but I don't want to be unfair to those who have been waiting for replies!

Dusk's Office - Information on Syliras - Help Desk
Dusk
DS: Syliras and Wildlands

Words: 341560
Joined roleplay: April 6th, 2010, 5:33 pm
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 7
Featured Contributor (1) Trailblazer (1)
Donor (1) Power Fork (2)
Trash Medal (1) Thunderspork (1)

PreviousNext