[Syliras Location] Welcome Center/Employment Office

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

Postby Jokor on March 1st, 2011, 8:18 pm

Jokor nearly groaned in frustration when the man said that he didn't have the right mindset to working for the messenger office, how the heck would he get enough money now, he couldn't steal that much without the knights breathing down his neck and doing who knows what to him.
When the man said they could give him some small errands for 7silvers every day he worked. a smile went on his face at that prospect, 7 silvers a day for doing safe jobs that wasn't bad at all.
"Ok, old ma.. I mean mister." He quickly corrected himself before he insulted the man and caused him to lose the job.
"I'll take that job, when can I start?"
Jokor
Streetrat

Words: 213913
Joined roleplay: September 27th, 2010, 6:57 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Dusk on March 2nd, 2011, 4:16 am

Jokor

"You can start right now," he said, pulling out a piece of paper and jotting down a list of names. "Here's a list of the most important locations in Syliras, the ones we'll be sending you to most often. Grab one of the girls and have them show you where all of them are. If you don't get through them today, finish up tomorrow. I want you able to find them all on your own within the next five days," he said, handing him the paper and waving him off. "And don't get handsy with the girls, or you'll find yourself missing fingers," he added blandly.

OOCYou are officially employed! I will send you a PM regarding wages.
PLEASE NOTE: Finals are over, but summer is eating my soul. As such, as of the end of June I will not be accepting any new quests/modded threads until I finish some of the ones I've already started/agreed to. My apologies for this, but I don't want to be unfair to those who have been waiting for replies!

Dusk's Office - Information on Syliras - Help Desk
Dusk
DS: Syliras and Wildlands

Words: 341560
Joined roleplay: April 6th, 2010, 5:33 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 7
Featured Contributor (1) Trailblazer (1)
Donor (1) Power Fork (2)
Trash Medal (1) Thunderspork (1)

Postby Jokor on March 2nd, 2011, 8:47 pm

Jokor looked at the piece of paper with confusion, in his eyes before he looked back up towards the old man.
"Eh I got a little problem there," He let out an embarrassed chuckle. "I can't read.
So could you tell me what is on that piece of paper so I can still do it? I really need the money."
He gave the man an offended look when he finished his comment about getting handsy with the girls, though he didn't really know what he meant with it, but seeing from the look on the mans face and his tone, not to mention the trait afterward it wasn't something nice.
"Don't worry about that mister, I won't get handsy with the girls, whatever you meant with that comment."
He shifted a bit in his chair and waited for the man to either start reading from the paper so he could do the job, or if the man just filed the thing away and send him off his way, looking for a more competent man for the job.
Jokor
Streetrat

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Winter on March 10th, 2011, 7:11 pm

Timestamp : 10th Spring 511 AV

It is one of the first weeks of Spring, the weather is cloudy as the rain starts to fall. The citizens of Syliras should be used to these events, but for a newcomer to the city as Winter, everything is new and everything is a reason to explore. The first drops of rain start to fall on Winter’s shoulder, he looks up to the sky to investigate the weather. As he gazes the heavy clouds on the sky, a drop of rain falls on his nose, in the next instants, a heavy rain hits the soil, leaving the region wet for a brief period of time. Winter runs to the closest building in the surroundings, this one, the Welcome Center.

Soaked in water, he hurries to step inside the office. As he enters, he takes a look at his fur jacket and glimpses the people that stand inside the welcome center. It is not long ‘till he takes off his jacket throwing it behind his shoulder.He heads to the counter,he knew that place was some kind of welcome committee to the tourists and newcomers, as so, he decides to ask some few questions to the first person to call him in the other side of the counter.

As he heads to the balcony, he runs his hand trough his wet hair attempting to relief it of the water. As he reaches the main desk, he leans over it, shirtless and with his semi-soaked pants on, he asks his first question in search of an answer.

-“Hey, name's Winter… The guard outside the gates told me I should pass through here to get some information... I’m looking for a place where I can meet more adventurers like myself,have a decent meal and perhaps rest for a day...” – he asks with a somewhat nervous feature in his face, a bit shy, but he tries his best to keep his bold composure.
"We humans fear the beast within the wolf because we do not understand the beast within ourselves."
Winter
Alpha Timber Wolf

Words: 20878
Joined roleplay: March 5th, 2011, 1:19 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

Postby Dusk on March 13th, 2011, 11:20 pm

Jokor

The man looked at him for a moment, one eyebrow slowly raising. "Well," he said dryly, "that will have to be rectified. You'll spend mornings at the schoolhouse learning your letters, and afternoons here. You'll still be paid the same rate," he added, in case that were a worry. "In the meantime, whoever is leading you around can read off the list to you and show you where the lessons are given. Now off with you," he said, returning to the work he'd previously been doing.

Winter

An older woman with silver hair and an easy smile greet him as he put forth his query. "Well, it sounds as if you're like to find what you're looking for at the Rearing Stallion, though they haven't any rooms to let. For that you'll need to head to Traveler's Row, there's a very nice lady there who'll see to a room for you. If you head out the door and make a right, you'll find the rooms just to your left, and then the next block has all the taverns. Easy enough to find," she said with another warm smile.
PLEASE NOTE: Finals are over, but summer is eating my soul. As such, as of the end of June I will not be accepting any new quests/modded threads until I finish some of the ones I've already started/agreed to. My apologies for this, but I don't want to be unfair to those who have been waiting for replies!

Dusk

Office
Scrapbook
Donor (1) Power Fork (2)

Postby Jokor on March 14th, 2011, 12:33 am

Jokor nodded and took the paper before shoving it away underneath his cloak.
"thanks for that." He muttered under his breath before he walked outside of the welcoming center. He would go and look around the city first before he would go and start on those jobs, no use in getting lost.

OOC: is the schoolhouse a location in syliras? I haven't seen it in the list.
Jokor
Streetrat

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Dusk on March 14th, 2011, 3:22 am

Joker: There's not a specific location - in a city of 50K, there are several he can go to. Whoever shows him around the city will show him one.

Also, I've added your info to your SS thread here, so please be sure to add that to your profile.

Congrats on your job!

Dusk

Office
Scrapbook
Donor (1) Power Fork (2)

Postby Astrea Rose Griffin on March 14th, 2011, 10:53 pm

Season of Spring, Day 11, 511 AV

Astrea timidely enters the building clearly intimidated by the crowds of people seeking jobs. She was a young teenager, age 17, who had just recently been given the oportunity to leave her orphanage and experience the adult world. She intended on traveling all over the world, but the problem with that is that she needed money to buy herself a horse and some other necissary objects for a long trip. She alked in not very certain on what to do. It had only been about 3 hours after she was released from the orphanage and she was already begining to feel overwhelmed.

A guard found her and saw her lost so he poiletely lead her to an office to help find her a job. Astrea smiled as a thank you to the guard and then quietly sat in the chair. "Um, I am Astrea and I just recently gotten out of the orphanage, but I need a job." She said fidgeting with her hands. "I will only be here for about a week. I just need a job that can get me enough money to travel and buy supplies."

Training & Skill Points :
Cooking= 11/100
Dancing= 12/100
Archery= 15/100
Painting= 15/100
Riding= 11/100
Last edited by Astrea Rose Griffin on March 15th, 2011, 4:20 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Live for Today, Look Forward to Tomorrow...and don't for get to smile.
Astrea Rose Griffin
Player

Words: 23721
Joined roleplay: March 14th, 2011, 2:29 am
Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Kiizir on March 15th, 2011, 2:50 am

6th of Spring 511av

Kiizir walked into the old building, his size and belongings making the room feel smaller instantly. A guard inside the gate was polite enough to point him the direction of this building for assistance. So he Kiizir headed this way, he had no idea where go to anyways. He was in desperate need of directions.

He approached the desk, making sure to keep his weapons from bumping into anything. His armor was stifling, and he was growing impatient with the situation. He needed a place to rest, eat, sleep, and lay around naked for at least a day and a half. Kiizir refused to travel alone in Mizahar without protection.

Kizir took a moment to clear his voice. He had not spoken much since departing Sultros, he rarely had anyone to exchange words with. “Excuse me miss. My name is Kiizir, I am an Isur.” It might not have been so obvious with his armor covering most of his body. Though his arms were exposed, and that was what made his people stand out so much. “I was pointed in your direction. I need food, a place to rest for a good while, and perhaps a job while I reside here.” He paused to let her ponder things over. Kiizir continued on o explain his qualifications. “Being an Isur, I am a natural craftsmen. Though I did venture more toward the battlefield.” He motioned toward his massive war axe hanging at his hip. “So perhaps you could use my services in the military? Either or, I just want to do my part as a new citizen.” He gave a brief smile, it felt awkward on his face. It had been so long since he smiled.
Skill List :
10- Blacksmithing(RB)
25- Weapon (Axe)
3 - Weapon (Warhammer)
5 - Armorer
2 - Hand to hand combat
10- Weaponsmithing
5 - Leadership
Kiizir
Player

Words: 6957
Joined roleplay: March 13th, 2011, 9:09 pm
Race: Isur
Character sheet

Postby AlinaNansay on March 30th, 2011, 8:19 pm

6th of spring 511 AV
Alina looked up at the big building a bit disoriented and sighed. Not only had the kind old woman died but she was now in need of a job. So putting her right foot forward for what she thought was good luck, she entered the building. Heading straight towards the front desk, she sees a secretary and stops just a few feet from the desk. Straightening the ruffles out of her dress, she asks
"Hello miss, I am Alina and I am hoping to find a job in the medical department. Also, I am planning on staying here as long as I am needed." She finishes and just now noticed her voice was pretty shrilly for a human. Probably because she had been crying all night over her beloved old woman's death. She really hoped though that they wouldn't ask about it.
AlinaNansay
Player

Words: 1909
Joined roleplay: March 29th, 2011, 11:07 pm
Character sheet

PreviousNext