[Syliras Location] Welcome Center/Employment Office

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

Postby Kendall Saarinen on March 31st, 2011, 10:58 pm

Timestamp: 1st of Winter, 511 AV

It was finally time for Kendall to apply for a job in the city. From the way things were going, it did not seem like he would be leaving Syliras for a least a season. His small amount of cash was running down to his last few mizas and he still had expenses to pay. He had heard talk of an Employment Office in the city. He would have to head there.

As he walked he tried to think of what he could possibly use to get himself a job. The only skill he had that he thought could be marketable was his skill in writing although he was unsure where his writing could be used in the city. He supposed the best case could be to lay all his cards out on the table and hope he could somehow get a job.

Kendall looked around the center with curious eyes as he approached the person behind the desk. "Hello, I am hoping for a job. I am skilled in writing as well as riding horses." Kendall was sure both skills would not go far in the ways of a job but he hoped the mention of his skill in riding would show he knew a bit about horses. "I am a fast learner though. I'd like to think I can accommodate my skills to fit well into a job though." Kendall was a bit nervous but he needed to get a job. He could not go much longer without one.
"I'm burning and I'm blacking my lungs.
Boy you know it feels good with fire back on your tongue."
-Ryan Ross

Kendall Saarinen
Like John Allerdyce but hotter

Words: 595666
Joined roleplay: November 6th, 2010, 1:04 am
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Medals: 1
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Leviathan on April 1st, 2011, 4:48 am

@ Astrea

Aenysa Tieran offered up a soothing smile as the young woman sat herself down in front of her desk. She was, to put it quite honestly, scared shykeless. Aenysa could tell easily, before she even mentioned her freedom from the Orphanage, that she was barely an adult, practically a child in every way except her physical maturity. "Welcome Astrea, I'm Aenysa. Can you tell me a little about yourself, what you are good at doing, what you like to do. Anything to give me a little insight into where you could do well? Unfortunately, most owners of the shops here don't hire for such a short amount of time, but I'm certain we can find you something to do.

@ Kiizir

"Hello Kiizir, I'm Aenysa. I know you aren't from here, but Syliras doesn't have a military that you might be used to. We have the Syliras knights to protect us." The young woman mimicked Kiizir's brief casual smile. "Well, the Ironworks is run by an Isur, Ros Vizerian. He's very talented, great at what he does. If you are looking for a home, I would try Traveler's Row if you plan to stay a while, or if only a few days and you've got a bit more expensive taste and.... erm... companionship... you should visit the Golden Dragon." An awkward smile later, Aenysa spoke again. "Anything else I can do for you?"

@ Alina

The young receptionist gave Alina soft smile and a reassuring wink. "Welcome Alina. I'm Aenysa. Are you a marked of Rak'keli? Regardless, you would fit in well at the Soothing Waters. It's a bath house, but people also go there to get their wounds cared for. If you are a masseuse then you would be perfect for the job. Otherwise, I'm sure you can learn. Plenty of opportunities there for a smart beautiful young woman as yourself. Is that all you need?"

@ Kendall

Aenysa greeted Kendall, as she did everyone else, with a generous smile an gentle eyes. "Well hello. Writing could help you in a number of places, but I think you sound fit for the Windmount Stables. I'd go talk to Serena Windmount over there. You'll probably be more taking care of horses rather than riding them, but they also offer lessons. If you could teach others how to ride, you might even get paid more for it. If that doesn't suit you much, I'm sure I can find something else for you."

[/indent][/frame]
Bad News Everybody. School is picking up, Exams are beginning to happen, homework is growing time consuming, I may soon be evicted from my apartment, I'm dealing with severe and physical fights among several of my best friends, and I can't seem to find a time to get much needed sleep. I'm terribly sorry, but don't expect to see much of me for a long while.
Leviathan
Adapt, Migrate, or Die

Words: 281278
Joined roleplay: July 25th, 2010, 6:57 pm
Race: Staff account
Character sheet
Office
Scrapbook

Postby Astrea Rose Griffin on April 1st, 2011, 10:03 am

Astrea smiled pleasantly. "Well I do dance a lot and I am a good writer. I have skill in painting and I know a little bit about cooking." She explained looking into the eyes of the person who was to help her find a job. She began to feel more relaxed as she sat in the chair and fidgeted with her finger awaiting a response and hopefully a temporary job before she had to set off on her adventure.
Live for Today, Look Forward to Tomorrow...and don't for get to smile.
Astrea Rose Griffin
Player

Words: 23721
Joined roleplay: March 14th, 2011, 2:29 am
Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Kendall Saarinen on April 1st, 2011, 6:46 pm

Kendall smiled at the woman, a wave of relief washing over him as he heard that there were jobs that would suit him. He liked the sound of the Windmount Stables and even more so the thought of teaching people how to ride. "I am willing to help take care of the horses and teach some riding. If that is not too much of course." Kendall wanted to try and make enough money to cover both his expenses and Cathan's. The Kelvic took such good care of him in the Wildlands so he felt obliged, as well as honored, to help the man in return.
"I'm burning and I'm blacking my lungs.
Boy you know it feels good with fire back on your tongue."
-Ryan Ross

Kendall Saarinen
Like John Allerdyce but hotter

Words: 595666
Joined roleplay: November 6th, 2010, 1:04 am
Blog: View Blog (1)
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Medals: 1
Trailblazer (1)

Postby AlinaNansay on April 4th, 2011, 11:15 pm

Alina couldn't help but let curiosity cloud her eyes as the phrase 'Are you a marked of Rak'keli?' was spoken. She had always wondered what it would be like to visit the opal temple and finally meet the people the kind old woman had always talked about. The old woman herself was a marked and Alina had always admired the beautiful jewel on he forehead. So of course she answered, "I would love to learn some new skills and hopefully learn a bit about something that has been on my mind for quite a while. So thank you for the help and yes, this is all I will need." With that Alina headed straight back out and towards soothing waters to hopefully get some answers.
AlinaNansay
Player

Words: 1909
Joined roleplay: March 29th, 2011, 11:07 pm
Character sheet

Postby Rovan Dermane on April 11th, 2011, 5:58 pm

5th day of Spring, AV 5111

Rovan entered the hall of the Welcome Center. He needed to keep his funds up to make a living. Regarding his situation, he found that it would be best for him to work with what he did before: Tutoring in the arts of writing and rhetoric.

He was surprised at first by the City's efforts to help get people into employment. But after pondering this through, he came to the conclusion that this installation was ingenius in its own right. Making sure the public gained work in their hands, kept those very hands from stealing or robbing. He found this to be a most tactical way of dealing with criminality and lack of labour.

Feeling ever so smart at figuring this out, Rovan entered the employment office and found a woman behind the front desk. He released his arm from the confines of his dark cloak and placed his hand on his chest, bowing his head slightly in a gesture of formal greeting.

"Well met. I am Rovan Dermane, scholar and educational of the Zeltivan University. I seek work as a teacher, in the fine arts of expressing the written- and spoken word."
Last edited by Rovan Dermane on May 2nd, 2011, 8:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Rovan Dermane
Crow

Words: 33163
Joined roleplay: March 20th, 2011, 1:40 pm
Character sheet

Postby Dasthar on April 25th, 2011, 6:51 pm

Dasthar had left the inn he was now staying at and smiled as he went back towards the gates to find the employment center he had been told about. As he got closer he started to compile his thoughts on what he had to offer the city as it was and nodded as he smiled even more broad. His thoughts on the matter were as such: He was a musician, a juggler, and a story teller who was good at many things within those details. He was almost good enough to tell for a court but not quite there.

As he walked through the city he almost didn't realize he was about to pass the building he needed to walk into and stopped almost tripping over his own feet and he laughs as he walks in the door.

"Good afternoon to you. My name is Dasthar Althenril and i wanted to see about acquiring a position for a bard with the talents of a juggler, storyteller, or musician if any are available. If not i can leave you my address where i am staying and get into contact with me there when one becomes available." He smiles as he looks at the person within.
Dasthar
Player

Words: 4662
Joined roleplay: April 25th, 2011, 3:30 pm
Character sheet

Postby Dusk on May 2nd, 2011, 2:51 pm

Both of you need to timestamp your posts. Thanks!

Rovan

The elderly woman smiled dryly at the bow, and nodded her head as she held out a hand to wave him into a seat. "Welcome to Syliras, Rovan," she said, opening a ledger and flipping through the pages. "Are you looking for something long-term, or are you only in town for a few weeks? And can you provide references for the teaching you did at the University? One of the former professors is now the Magecrafter, and I'm sure he'll be able to confirm your references if you have them. They're not absolutely necessary, of course, but they would help you get a better-paying position."

Dasthar

"Good afternoon," the older woman replied, a smile crinkling the corners of her eyes. "Are you a new resident of Syliras, or just passing through? I'm quite sure I can send you to a few places that might appreciate your talents, though you would naturally have to audition in order to gain the position."
PLEASE NOTE: Finals are over, but summer is eating my soul. As such, as of the end of June I will not be accepting any new quests/modded threads until I finish some of the ones I've already started/agreed to. My apologies for this, but I don't want to be unfair to those who have been waiting for replies!

Dusk's Office - Information on Syliras - Help Desk
Dusk
DS: Syliras and Wildlands

Words: 341560
Joined roleplay: April 6th, 2010, 5:33 pm
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 7
Featured Contributor (1) Trailblazer (1)
Donor (1) Power Fork (2)
Trash Medal (1) Thunderspork (1)

Postby Rovan Dermane on May 2nd, 2011, 9:17 pm

Rovan let out a gleeful snicker.
"Oh, you almost confuse me with all these questions, my dear lady," he said, feeling ever so smooth talking himself. She seemed sharp-witted in the ways of bureucracy and formalities, so he would have to give her equally intelligent answers to avoid her making him the fool. And that was well below his pride to let that happen.

The scholar cleared his throat, "I seek work on a short-term basis, as I plan only to stay in this city for a month, at most. Contacts are well-worth the same though, long-period or not - one could always hope to find himself return to this marvelous city with the possibility of work to his hands." He left no small compliments to the city, hoping it would affect her through a sense of loyalty to Syliras.

"As for my line of expertise, I have tutored many younglings in the ways of writing, reading and manners of speechcraft. I also have a document from the University testifying my education as an able teacher, but I fear 'tis the only written proof of my capabilities. My own teacher, Baledar Ulgarnson of the Zeltivan University, remains a close comrade with me still. I know none within these walls though, not even this magecrafter of whom you speak," he said. It felt good to talk so grandly and largely as this of his profession, especially after traveling the roads so long without a living soul to talk to.
Rovan Dermane
Crow

Words: 33163
Joined roleplay: March 20th, 2011, 1:40 pm
Character sheet

Postby Leviathan on May 3rd, 2011, 1:15 am

@ Kendall (Sorry for the delay)

Aenysa smiled and nodded. "I'm sure you would be most welcome over at the Windmount Stables. Of course, you'll have to check in there yourself. Here's a crudely drawn map by yours truly. Just follow this little path here and you'll find yourself just where you want to be." Aenysa grinned again as she handed Kendall a piece of parchment with a crude, yet clear, drawn direction from the Welcome Center to the Stables. "Anything else I can help you with?"

@ Astrea

Aenysa stared at Astrea for a moment, watching her as she listed her hobbies and skills. Most were useless here. Writing wasn't something too particularly sought for. Authors of novels and biographies were few, and even fewer sought apprentices. Dancing had no better chances of getting work. Cooking however, that might have been Astrea's ticket to money. "Well, if you can cook or learn to cook, I would suggest the Rearing Stallion or the Golden Dragon. The former is your typical tavern, food and drink. The Golden Dragon is more known for being a place of... companionship, but they do anything to make guests comfortable, meals and drink and... companionship." Aenysa smiled weakly as she shrugged. "What do you think?"
Bad News Everybody. School is picking up, Exams are beginning to happen, homework is growing time consuming, I may soon be evicted from my apartment, I'm dealing with severe and physical fights among several of my best friends, and I can't seem to find a time to get much needed sleep. I'm terribly sorry, but don't expect to see much of me for a long while.
Leviathan
Adapt, Migrate, or Die

Words: 281278
Joined roleplay: July 25th, 2010, 6:57 pm
Character sheet
Office
Scrapbook

PreviousNext