[Syliras Location] Welcome Center/Employment Office

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

Postby Cenric Stolvind on May 27th, 2011, 11:53 pm

25th, Spring, 511 AV, Morning.

The short man stood outside the Employment Office, the sun had just peaked out over the city walls. There was a frown on his face as the man looked at the door. Cenric had been in this city for almost four years now. When he arrived he had been certain he would never need to stop at this place. There had never been a reason in his mind that he would ever have to ask for their help, or even set foot through that door. Yet, here he was. The past four years Cenric had spent just scarping by with hardly any money to spare. Things had gotten too hard, he couldn't just get by anymore, he had to find a somewhat steady income.

Cenric hated himself for coming here. There was no reason he couldn't find a job on his own. It baffled his mind how he couldn't have found one by now. Clenching his fist for a moment, he felt his blood boil. It took every last ounce of his strength not to walk away right then and there. Letting out a long sigh, Cenric scratched the back of his head. He had to put this behind him if he ever wanted to move on up in the world. Pulling himself together, he still felt as though he was letting himself down by giving in and asking for help.

Putting a pleasant smile on his face right before he opened the door, Cenric noticed something. The place was completely empty except for one person. A woman who sat behind a desk. Walking with purpose across the room, his wavy hair bounced as his piercing storm gray eyes locked onto the girl. "Hello, Miss!" Cenric gave a curt nod to the woman. "I'm looking for a job but..." Cenric stopped for a moment. "... I'm not entirely sure what would be the best place for me. I'm a really good runner and I know a thing or two about lock smithing. Could you help me out, please?" he said in a warm, cheery tone.
Cenric Stolvind
The Outgoing Hooligan

Words: 6672
Joined roleplay: May 25th, 2011, 11:02 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Marc on June 1st, 2011, 6:24 pm

Deletion.
Last edited by Marc on June 21st, 2012, 5:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Marc
Scholar and Summoner

Words: 19569
Joined roleplay: May 30th, 2011, 1:33 am
Character sheet

Postby Asara Willow on June 4th, 2011, 8:29 pm

Spring 75th, AV 511

The slight female entered the Welcome Centre, finding it to be the first building visible. She tilted her head at the welcome sign and let a soft sigh pass her lips. She entered the building, though, and came towards the secretary behind the front desk.

Waiting until the others passed their queries to the secretary and then approached the desk, feeling awkward and glad to be hidden under her cloak.

"I am here to post for a job position for the summer," Asara said softly in her alluring voice. Outside Zafkil winnied, letting his master know he had settled in for a wait. Asara rolled her eyes, although the secretary probably couldn't see it. "Preferably a well paying one... I plan on traveling for quite a while."
Let us die together, you and I.

When speaking SymenosWhen speaking Common
Asara Willow
can you help me understand..?

Words: 98608
Joined roleplay: June 3rd, 2011, 11:04 am
Race: Symenestra
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Dhalvasha on June 6th, 2011, 3:38 am

Life was built around petty things and slotting oneself into a profession at each city was part of the process. Few, if any, worked simply for the love of it, their own tailored desires just a shade different from the work required of them. The blacksmith loves crafting blades, but must settle with what the customer wants to earn a profit for his hobby. A practitioner of magic may do so for the exploration, but find themselves fetching supplies for a better known magician in exchange for a few tricks. As civilized beings, each creature classified themselves by what they desired and what they needed...a necessary adaption.

There was no name for the job Dhalvasha wanted, to remain in the vaults of the mortuary and explore the inner mechanics of a human body. Monstrous, disrespectful, words thrown callously at a science no one cared to understand. A warrior will cut another down without wincing, but peel away the skin of the fallen and show him how his sword claimed life and he will upturn his stomach.

No one likes to be confronted with truth.

Stopping by the desk, Dhalvasha smiled sincerely, catching the older humans eyes with his own. She almost winced, a tempered response to his species, but maintained her own cheerful disposition with the poise of an expert.

"I would like to secure work," Dhalvasha said at last, "I have some experience in philtering and medicine, though admittedly my skills are fare more numerous in the latter."

There was a pause, and Dhalvasha continued, burying the awkward brevity in a spout of syllables. "I will be here for some time I think, but no more than a season."
Dhalvasha
Experimental Surgeon

Words: 113280
Joined roleplay: June 1st, 2011, 7:40 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Nil'kayn on June 9th, 2011, 12:25 am

Timestamp: 90th, Day of Spring, 511 AV

The Akalak stepped inside the building, glaceing around he approached he made his way through the crowd, and smiled back at the secretary who had caught site of him. Approaching he dusted himself off smiling, "Erm hello, I'm wondering If I could get a job as a mercenary? And also could you point me to a place to stay?"
Last edited by Nil'kayn on July 13th, 2011, 3:34 am, edited 2 times in total.
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.
Note: Unless stated otherwise, Nilkayn is speaking in common, except for his thoughts.
Disclaimer: All the images I use ARE NOT MINE, and I do not claim ownership of them. Thank you to the artists, photographers, or models who created them.
Nil'kayn
Someone...

Words: 60524
Joined roleplay: May 27th, 2011, 10:28 am
Race: Akalak
Character sheet

Postby Leviathan on June 9th, 2011, 8:16 pm

@Dra-Seven

Aenysa frowned as Seven realized he didn't particularly have much to offer Syliras. Strong labor was always accepted in the Ironworks or Docks, even woodcutters could hire individuals for temporary jobs. Seven wasn't much of a laborer though. Thin and pale, he was made to be a scholar of some sort rather than a man of muscle. "Well, there's plenty of places that could use someone like you. The pay may not be very satisfying for the time being, but if you work at learning the trade, I'm certain you could go far. I would suggest visiting Wildwood Music. Sina is a beautiful young woman, cheerful as could be, and loves nothing more than just to play music. She leaves her store often enough to play, so I'd gamble that she'd be glad to have someone watch over it while she wanders. There's also Sensual Scents, run by Dicen. It's a perfume shop, he makes the scents himself. Then there's the Undeniable Interests where they buy and sell the strangest of things. There's all sorts of interesting things to see there, expensive though. Stormhold Salves might be worth checking into as well. Potions and salves, an Eypharian woman runs the place well, but the assistance of an adorable young man would certainly be appreciated. What do you think?"

@ Rhode

It wasn't often that Aenysa was bothered by someone, but the Eypharian certainly ticked her off. She, however, didn't show it as her lips were perma-locked into the smiling position. "Visit the docks, or the Blacksmith. Low pay for mindless thugs, dangerous conditions, no benefits. I'm sure you'll fit in great. Goodbye." Whether Rhode had more to say or not, didn't matter. Aenysa returned to her work as if all was solved for good. To her, it was just that.

@ Cenric

"Running won't do you much good when looking for a job in Syliras. Locksmithing too is quite pointless when looking for employment. However, you could always try to go into business yourself if you have considerable skills. It's risky and expensive to start up, but success can be quite rewarding. If this doesn't interest you, I could suggest Sultros Blades or the Ironworks, it's not Locksmithing, but blacksmithing. It maybe not be too far off from what you are familiar with."

@ Marc Callus

Aenysa examined the document present for a brief moment before nodding sagely to herself, as if that truly proved much. "The closest to employment for a wizard would be under Devandil at the Dra-Kalinor Laboratory. It's mostly magecrafting, but I assume he has use for all kinds of magic users. I can't say that mythology will be beneficial in job hunting, unless you plan on making money off of storytelling at the Tavern."

@ Asara

"What sort of job can you do well? It's difficult to find you a job when I am unaware of who you are, what you are familiar with, and how well you can work. Give me something and I'll give you something in return."[/color] Aenysa smiled, friendly as always. [b]"I'm Aenysa by the way. Welcome to Syliras."

@ Dhalvasha

The Syenestra may have imagined the young employee of the Welcome Center to flinch at his race, but the fact was far from it. Aenysa had been working here for years. She had experienced the cannibals of Taloba, the Charodae of the seas, and even the violent rage of Akalaks. Symenestra were nothing new to her, she hardly flinched at the sight of people. Welcome to Syliras. If you are skilled in healing, I would point you towards Soothing Waters. It's primary uses are bathing and massage, but they are also known for their medicinal uses, curing, and even therapeutic massages. If you wanted to help heal the wounded, I would go there. Otherwise, for philtering, I would suggest Stormhold Salves. It's potion-making over there, but I'm certain your skills will be found useful."

@ Nilkayne

Aenysa slowly shook her head at the Akalak, seemingly unworried that her answer could have a chance to spark the darker angry brother inside Nilkayne. "I'm sorry, there are no mercenary jobs inside Syliras. The Knights have law enforcement taken care of completely, and a Mercenary job would just create potential severe problems. For a place to live, I'd visit Ser Tenner Nigriso at the Housing Authority. If you are looking for long term living, he's the man to talk to. He's a Sergeant Knight though, be careful of how you act. Anything else I can help with?"
Bad News Everybody. School is picking up, Exams are beginning to happen, homework is growing time consuming, I may soon be evicted from my apartment, I'm dealing with severe and physical fights among several of my best friends, and I can't seem to find a time to get much needed sleep. I'm terribly sorry, but don't expect to see much of me for a long while.
Leviathan
Adapt, Migrate, or Die

Words: 281278
Joined roleplay: July 25th, 2010, 6:57 pm
Race: Staff account
Character sheet
Office
Scrapbook

Postby Asara Willow on June 9th, 2011, 9:57 pm

The Symenestra inclined her head and smiled in the darkness of her hood. The woman sounded sweet, kind. It was lovely to be greeted by a nice human.

"My name is Asara Willow. I am untrained, but knowledgeable about some aspects, for p... Animal husbandry. I take care of my horse, and I'm fairly well at striking up tentative friendships with most herbivore animals. The larger ones at least."

Asara had almost said her main interest aloud. She felt like the people, mainly the knights, of this fine city would not take kindly to a Symenestra with pure blood hell bent on learning how to assassin via poisons. She didn't feel like being chased away after coming to the city.

"I was thinking... Of a stable job maybe... For an inn? Not heavy lifting. I'm not... built for it."
Let us die together, you and I.

When speaking SymenosWhen speaking Common
Asara Willow
can you help me understand..?

Words: 98608
Joined roleplay: June 3rd, 2011, 11:04 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Nil'kayn on June 10th, 2011, 12:12 am

[frame=black]Kayn frowned slightly. No mercenary work? What would he do now?

We ether have to leave this city or join the knights, or become excellent at something other than fighting.

No that's not an option. Join the knights, or we leave.

Kayn made a huffing noise and left.
Last edited by Nil'kayn on July 13th, 2011, 3:12 am, edited 2 times in total.
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.
Note: Unless stated otherwise, Nilkayn is speaking in common, except for his thoughts.
Disclaimer: All the images I use ARE NOT MINE, and I do not claim ownership of them. Thank you to the artists, photographers, or models who created them.
Nil'kayn
Someone...

Words: 60524
Joined roleplay: May 27th, 2011, 10:28 am
Race: Akalak
Character sheet

Postby Seven Xu on June 10th, 2011, 11:00 am

Seven beamed with a lofty admission of surprise. "You've given me a lot to think about. Thank you, I believe I will begin at Wildwood Music, then." The desire to learn was etched into Seven's upbringing - despite his outer appearance, he was a true Lhavitian. The adorable comment brought unexpected color to his face, but the smile remained as he offered the woman a courteous bow. "Again, thank you for your hospitality."

He would find the workshop on his own; after all, he had to become familiar with the fortified city somehow.
Seven Xu
Rhetoric can't raise the dead.

Words: 567538
Joined roleplay: April 30th, 2011, 11:02 pm
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Thread (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Cenric Stolvind on June 10th, 2011, 2:05 pm

Cenric wasn't sure how to react to what he had just been told. None of his skills were useful, and they were pointless. A slight scowl began to form on his face as he covered his mouth. Immediately he began to wonder if anything he could do would get him work, legal or illegal in this city. The anger began to burn inside of him again. Not at what the woman had told him, but for making the mistake of coming to Syliras to begin with. If he wanted out now though, he needed the income to do it.

After having moved his hand down to his chin, Cenric spoke in a tone mixed with frustration and disappointment. "Ah, well. I will check those out, thank you. Have a nice day."

With that, the short and now even angrier man walked out the door. He would find these places by himself.
Cenric Stolvind
The Outgoing Hooligan

Words: 6672
Joined roleplay: May 25th, 2011, 11:02 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

PreviousNext