( Flashback ; Graffius ) Ten Thousand Leagues Beneath Us

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Home of the Konti people, this ivory city is built of native konti stone half in and half out of the sea. Its borders touch the Silverwood, and stretch upwards towards Silver Lake, home of the infamous konti vision water. [Lore]

Postby Liel on June 25th, 2011, 3:40 pm

He gulped. His eyes were distant. He moved, impassioned, burning from within and her breath came jagged, now. She felt the flood of emotion washed over her and she could do naught to control it – as a Konti, empathy would always grasp for one last laugh. A cruel mistress. Liel tore her glance from him and flung her head to face the side, eyes of frightening silver now stinging with tears.

They came. They went.

Shadows lined his face as he stooped over, biting his lip. She inhaled shakily. The tears found their disguise within the gentle, pearly scales adorning the sides of her throat.

Eternities could have passed before she whispered,

“Take me with you.” Silence. He paused, regarding her coolly. Her voice echoed in the nothingness. She couldn’t believe herself. Leave? Leave her mother and her sisters, her cousins and her aunts, all she had ever known?

He was stoic. “Follow if you wish, but I am not taking you. You leave on your own merit.”

“Where will you go?”

“Away.”

“But – how will I find you, if you are too fast?” Her eyes grew wide, and she stood too, voice still a quiet plea.

Was he smiling, or smirking? “Your persistence is tiring. If you find that Mura bores you, then take this.”

When his hand touched hers, it could have been glass from the bottom of the sea. A piece of paper, a few words.

He left.

His back, the white cloak, and how the air around him was sucked in the movement of his limbs.

The next time she saw him, days upon days would have passed.

Farewell for now, Ethaefal.
Last edited by Liel on June 29th, 2011, 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage
Liel
your name remains in children's lullabies

Words: 18252
Joined roleplay: October 16th, 2010, 12:31 am
Blog: View Blog (3)
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Alice on June 29th, 2011, 2:53 pm

Liel

Experience: 3 Interrogation, 1 Philosophy
Lores: Meeting Another Ethaefal, Curiosity, Seeking Escape, The Slavery of Mortal Existence, Emotional Attachment to a Stranger

Graffius

Experience: 2 Interrogation, 3 Philosophy
Lores: Arrogance, Ignorance is Bliss, The Slavery of Mortal Existence, Desperation

Comments

The way you write, it’s really hard to find xp and lores that I think are appropriate. This is not criticism, more of the opposite though... I hope you’re satisfied with what I can give. If not, don’t hesitate to tell me, as always. On another note: There are no months in Mizahar, only seasons and days.
Mura ... Starting Guide ... Konti

"Shard by shard she rearranges the world.
It looks the same, she says, but it is not. It looks as they expect, but it is not."

Gregory Maguire, "Wicked"
Alice
Shade of Grey

Words: 221259
Joined roleplay: October 17th, 2009, 4:51 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 3
Featured Contributor (1) Peer Reviewer (1)
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Liel on June 29th, 2011, 3:01 pm

ImageImageImage
Liel
your name remains in children's lullabies

Words: 18252
Joined roleplay: October 16th, 2010, 12:31 am
Blog: View Blog (3)
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Scrapbook