Arryn Veseere (W.I.P)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, all the character sheets are kept for player characters. Feel free to come on in, browse the forum, look at what sort of characters others have created, and then begin your very own!

Moderator: Liaisons

Arryn Veseere (W.I.P)

Postby Arryn Veseere on September 26th, 2011, 8:52 pm

Arryn Veseere
The Thief
General
Name: Arryn Veseere
Alias: Kismet
Race: Human
City: Sunberth

Appearence

Arryn has two different coloured eyes, her left one a deep, deep blue and her right one is light grey, almost colourless. Her skin is a pale ivory tone and she keeps her black hair cut short, just below her shoulders. At 5"3 and 109lbs, she's very petite, with a small frame structure and a lean figure. She has a tribal tattoo on her left arm that travels from shoulder to just above her elbow, and one on the left side of her collar bone that travels all the way down her body.

Pre-Creation History

Arryn's mother was a whore working in one of Sunberth's many brothels. When Arryn was younger she would sometimes pretend that her father was a Sylrias prince, or maybe one of the Vanthas. But whoever he was, he never returned, and her mother kept on whoring. Arryn lived in the brothel, working in the house as it required; be it a scullery girl or a servant - whatever capacity Mistress Irene saw fit. She was a disobident, wildly child that found herself in trouble more often than not. She was hardly the only child in a whore house, but she made herself known in comparison, and Mistress Irene wouldn't abide that. And so the beatings continued, with not a word of sympathy or comfort from her mother. In truth, Arryn's mother disassociated herself from her daughter the moment the baby left her body.

Her life carried on like this until she was about twelve and began the first steps into adolescence. Unfortunately, what was normally a promising, scary and exciting time for a girl became a horrifying experience for Arryn. Some of the patrons began to take notice of her developing body, and the Mistress started to look at Arryn with a speculative, thoughtful gaze. One night changed everything, and Arryn stole away from the brothel shortly afterwards, ashamed and scared, vowing to herself never to become one of Mistress Irene's - nay, any Mistress'- pin cushions.

Arryn stole to survive, as often as she dared. She would steal into someone's house (when she could find one that was unlocked, which was very hard to do in a place like Sunberth) and make off with anything that looked valuable. She would steal from stores and shops when the shopkeepers weren't looking to feed herself. And Arryn followed her instincts; if a situation felt too danger she didn't go for it. Of course, that didn't negate actually being caught, and on more than one occasion she'd care to mention she was chased. For the most part, however, her small frame and deft hands rarely drew suspicion.

When she turned fifteen she caught the attention of Kev Humer, one of the knights of Sun's Birth - though "knight" wouldn't be entirely accurate. Now, Arryn had the wisdom and cynicism to realize Kev had never so much as seen a real knight, let alone own up to the honorifics and vows of one. He was just another man with a mean streak, a steadfast drive and a cruel edge. However, young and desperate for protection, Arryn agreed to work for him, and pretty soon she was breaking and entering homes along with a more seasoned thief, Marian Udor.

Under her tutelage Arryn perfected her skills, and although she sought out (unknowingly) a matriarchal bond with Marian that the older thief often spurred, Arryn held no ill will to her. Marian was something of an inspiration, an idol of sorts. Right up until she tried to sell out Arryn to one Kev's underlings who was looking for a reward. Had Arryn escaped the whorehouse to find herself staring down the same profession she promised herself she would never take up?

The little thief ran from the syndicate, taking what little coin she earned and disassociating herself with the Sun's Birth.

Now she spends her time in the dirty common rooms of taverns or inn, more often than no gambling and drinking. And when she's not there she's out in the dark streets of Sunberth, stealing for her bread and butter.

Personality

Is it the environment that makes the person? Can someone grow into a good woman if their naive views were tarnished, their dreams corrupted? Does a massacred childhood and stolen innocence justify and excuse the by-product therein after? Probably not, but Arryn never stopped to think about it. She is what she is, she does what she does, and she doesn't care why she is the way she is. She's cynical, sly and sarcastic. Callous, bitter, cruel, mean. Witty and spry, but often these values are turned to darker purposes with her tongue and her hands. The kindest way to say it is Arryn is emotionally crippled, morally askew and socially dangerous. She can be charming and flirtatious - but only when she wants something. She has a persuasive tongue and an uncanny sense of when to get out. She is intelligent, observant, and clever, and can easily hide when she needs to.

Arryn never quite learned to bite her tongue when she had something to say - something she knew would get her in trouble. Despite the beatings and the punishments, that sarcastic, rhetoric streak was never destroyed. She has a high sense of pride and has a hard time backing down - odd in a thief, but perhaps it's her only way of salvaging a dignity she barely has. Even though she's been broken she fights viciously for the pieces that remain intact. Dangerous and cunning, she doesn't care about anyone - collateral damage included. She's out only for herself.

Though she would deny it heatedly, she has never fully recovered from her father's abandonment. There is a part of her that still hopes one day he will come find her and offer the love and nurturing she was denied of for so long.

Family Heirloom

Her father had accidentally left a bronze medallion after visiting her mother and never returned to reclaim it. Although Arryn doesn't know what it symbolize or it's value, she's strangely attached to it. She never takes it off; it's always present under her shirt.

Skills :
Acrobatics: 10
Dagger: 10
Larceny: 25 (15 Racial Bonus)
Stealth: 10
Persuasion: 10

Lore :
Lore: Sunberth's Streets and Alleyways
Lore: How to Entice a Man; The Whore's Way

Equipment :
1 Set of Clothing (cloak/coat & footwear included)
1 Waterskin
1 Backpack which contains:
1 Set of Toiletries (comb, brush, razor, soap)
Food for a week
1 eating knife
Flint & Steel
Thieve's Tools
Glass cutter
2x Knife, wrist
Mask

Ledger :
100gm (Starting Package)
+ 500gm (Cash in housing)
- 60gm (Leather, Night)
- 30gm (Theives' Tools)
- 10gm (Glass Cutter)
- 1 gm (Dagger, Sap Pommel)
- 2 @ 1gm (Knife, Wrist)
- 3sm (Mask)
Total: 496gm, 97sm

Threads :
Last edited by Arryn Veseere on October 7th, 2011, 11:02 pm, edited 9 times in total.
Arryn Veseere
Player

Words: 25568
Joined roleplay: September 11th, 2011, 1:27 pm
Character sheet

Arryn Veseere (W.I.P)

Postby Arryn Veseere on October 3rd, 2011, 5:28 pm

Additional Information
(An interview with Arryn Veseere)

Part One

Aesthetics
1. Describe yourself as you see yourself. Physically... or? I'm small, with strange coloured eyes (one being blue and the other grey) and black hair. I have a delicate bone structure, but I'm tougher than I look.
2. Describe yourself as others typically see you. Petite, manybe small enough to be helpless. Pretty I suppose, my mother was a beautiful whore.
3. What is your favorite body feature? I would say my tattoos... hence why I have them.
4. How physically fit are you? I'm a little malnourished sometimes, otherwise, I'm very fit. A life of thievery will do that to you.
5. How do you typically dress and what is your style? Usually I like dark, fitted clothing. Stuff that I can run and move in but at the same time is not restricting for that movement.

Family
1. Who are your parents and what are they like? I never met my father, and my mother was a whore. She thought that having a kid wasn't very buisness friendly, so she largely ignored me.
2. Do you have any brothers or sisters? Probably. Who knows?
3. What is your extended family like? I wouldn't know.
4. Do you consider close friends as important or more/less important than family? I don't really have close friends or family. I consider myself important, first and foremost.
5. Do you treat animals like family? I treat animals like my next meal - who knows? They just might be. You tried the soup at Pig's yet?

Locations
1. Where were you born? Sunberth. In the basement of a brothel.
2. Where do you live now? Around.
3. If you could live anywhere in Mizahar where would that be? I've heard that Syliras is beautiful...
4. Do you have a favorite place to vacation or spend leisure time? HA! Like I have that kind of mizas..
5. Where do you fear to be? Fear? No no, I don't fear much. Sunberth keeps you on your toes; it keeps you alive. At any moment, any time, you could die. It's scary when you're younger, yeah, but eventually...

Traits
1. Do you have any physical weaknesses (disease, scars, and missing limbs?) If I'm missing a limb someone neglected to tell me. No, not that I know of.
2. Are you right handed or left handed? Right.
3. What languages do you speak? What do you sound like? Do you have an accent? I speak Common, and I sound like a street rat but I've been taught to read and write; ledgers were attending by the whores' by blows.
4. Do you have any odd mannerisms, annoying habits, or other defining characteristics? I'm a nail bitter.
5. Do you have (or want to get) any tattoos or piercing? Why do you have them? I do, I have two actually. I got them for myself, and to remind myself that I will never, ever compromise who I am.

Occupations
1. What is your occupation? I'm a thief.
2. Do you like/dislike your work? Why? I like it because I'm good at it.
3. If you could be anything you wanted to, what would you be? A bloody princess, I don't know.
4. What occupation do you admire the most? Why? Something artistic, I guess. It'd be nice to create something for a change.
5. What occupation do you lest like? Why? If you can't tell by now you never will. I hate whores.

Childhood
1. What sort of child were you? Defiant. Rude, crude, and I didn't give a fuck.
2. What is your favorite memory from childhood? I don't really have a favourite.
3. What is your worst memory from childhood? All of it.
4. What sort of relationship did you have with your parents? Estranged.
5. Who was your most influential rolemodel? Marian.

Education
1. What sort of education do you have? I can read and write, and I know some of my numbers, but that's it.
2. Do you like/dislike learning? I like certain skills that benefit me, and learning them is good, I suppose.
3. Where or how did you learn most of your skills/abilities? Marian perfected them, but I learned mostly through trial and error or from other kids.
4. How do you learn best? By not getting caught and staying alive.
5. What are your educational goals for the future? Educational? I barely know what my daily goals are.

Relationship
1. Do you form close bonds with people? Why? Why not? No, I don't. People... you can never know what they're thinking, feeling, doing. They're unpredictable, an anomally, and they can and will betray you if it benefits them.
2. Do you trust people easily? If not, why not? See above.
3. Do you consider yourself straight, gay, bi, or something else? I play both sides.
4. Have you ever been kissed? If so, describe the first time. No.
5. Have you ever had sex? If so, describe the first time. Yeah, it was okay I suppose. I like it, but people are stupid and think it'll lead to more.*

Drugs and Alcohol
1. Have you ever been drunk? If so, describe your first time. It was good. I enjoyed it, and it's something that I like to do at least weekly. It takes the edge off, the stress off.
2. Do you like to drink on a regular basis? Yes, yes I do.
3. What sort of alcohol do you prefer? Ale, as dark and bitter as possible.
4. Have you ever tried drugs (mood altering substances)? If so, which kinds and what did you think of them? I've seen what they've done to people. I wont touch them.
5. What do you think of drugs and alcohol? Be specific. Drugs I wont do. Addicts.. their brains get addled, and I need mine sharp. I live off my skills, and my wits, and if I lose one I lose my life. Alcohol, well, it's good. Real good. I enjoy it a lot.

Part Two

Like and Dislikes
1. What are your hobbies? I gamble and drink. I like to go to the local tavern, usually Pig's Foot, and sometimes just sit and... watch.
2. Do you like to read? No
3. What annoys you more than anything else? I hate victims. I don't mean like someone who's been victimized, I mean someone who repeatedly becomes a victim. They don't stand up for themselves, they just take it and keep going. What are you if you can't help yourself? You're a damned victim. Useless.
4. What do you find the most relaxing activity to do? I like to sometimes just sit on a rooftop and watch Sunberth from above.
5. What kinds of things embarrass you? Why? When people get too close to me, or when I see an openly affectionate couple or something.

Favourites
1. What is your favorite color or colors? I like yellow. Actually, I like gold.
2. What is your favorite time of day? Of the day? I suppose dusk, right before the sun goes down.
3. What is the most beautiful thing you’ve ever seen? One day I saw a Lady on a boat that docked briefly. She was just out for a minute, if that, but she was dressed so exquistively, so beautifully. Full skirted gown in sky blue silk, lavander and sea-green peticoats, a paracel. She was bejeweled like a queen, and wore the most beautiful necklace I ever saw. I wanted it like I never wanted anything before, and I thought of a dozen different ways to steal it even as the boat was leaving.
4. What do you like to eat? What do you hate to eat? As a child I never got the choice; I ate what was given to me. Now, I like to eat food that isn't spoiled, and something that is recognized as a food.
5. What is your favorite type of weather? Does any kind scare you? I like clouded nights with no moon. No light in the streets of Sunberth can be scary, but I need the darkness as much as the next thief.

Outlook
1. Are you optimistic or pessimistic? Well, I would call it realistic, but I guess most would say pessimistic.
2. What are your religious views? The Gods can eat me.
3. Would you be able to kill? I'm a lot of things, but I... I don't think I could. I never have..*
4. What are your views on sex? Ha. In a place where sex can and is a form of product and currency, it's meaning is significantly lessened. I grew up in a brothel, where men spent hard-earned mizas for sex. It's nice, but there's nothing after the fact, and sometimes it leaves you feeling hollow.
5. What, in your opinion, makes a successful life? Clearly not the one I'm living. If I new the secrets I wouldn't be where I am. I guess a snooby, aloof attitude and prechance to smell the world with your nose in the air have something to do with it. At least, that's how most of the nobles I've seen acted.

Actions
1. What is the worst and best thing you’ve ever done? After I left the Sun's Birth employment and Marian, I broke into the old bitch's house and stood over her while she slept. I didn't do anything to her, it was just the simple fact that I could, that none of her tricks or traps could stop me. The worse thing? When I left the brothel I left my mother breathing. It would have been a service to the world to end her miserable life.
2. What is your greatest regret? That I allowed myself to be a victim.
3. What is your best/worst memory? On the day I realized I had been on my own for a full year - and I was still alive.
4. If you could change one thing about your past, what would it be and why? Everything. I'm a whore's daughter. Can't be much worse than that.
5. What are you the most proud of doing in your life? I'm on my own now, I rely on myself and no one else. It's nice to be so independent, to be my own boss.

Emotions
1. How honest are you about your thoughts and feelings with others? Brutally.
2. Do you have any biases or prejudices? Absolutely. I can't stand whores, addicts, nobles or syndicates. I'm a criminal, and if Sunberth had any kind of governmental enforcers I'd probably hate them too.
3. What makes you happy?... I don't know, actually.
4. Who or what, if anything, would you die for? My life is worth more to me than anything. I would die for nothing. I like living.
5. What makes you angry? I am angry. All the time. Life makes me angry.

Relationship
1. In general, how do you treat others? Depends. If I feel like I can get something from them I can be nice. If I'm in a mood and don't have the time of day I can be mean.
2. Who is the most important person in your life, and why? Myself. Because it's me.
3. Who is the person you respect the most, and why? I use to respect Marian... she was a damned good thief but a poor buisness mind.
4. Do you have a spouse or significant other? If not, describe an ideal lover. I don't. My ideal lover would be just that, a lover. Sex and nothing else. I don't do that love shit.
5. Do you trust anyone to protect you? Who, and why? Hell no. We're in Sunberth baby. Ain't no one helping you.

Part Three

Interations
1. Do you tend to argue with people, or avoid conflict? I'd like to say I avoid conflict, but really, I don't. I've got a quick temper and a big mouth. Not really the most ideal combination when you're 5"3 and petite. But I can run pretty fast.
2. Do you tend to take on leadership roles in social situations? Absolutely not.
3. Do you like interacting with large groups of people? Why or why not? Not really. I definitely don't like being the center of attention.
4. Do you care what others think of you? I would prefer if people thought I was capable and dangerous. If you walk big in Sunberth and can back it up, no one really bothers you.
5. What do you think of others, in general? Targets.

Self Image
1. What is your greatest strength as a person? My strength. I've lived through a lot, and I've overcome that.
2. What is your greatest weakness? Honestly? My insecurities and my doutbs.. I know, deep down inside, that I'm broke somehow. That I'm not quite right. I don't know how to fix it, though.
3.If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be? I would change everything. Once I would like to know what it would be like to trust, to be less.. angry.
4. Are you generally introverted or extroverted? Generally? I would come off as extroverted, but I'm very into myself. I'm honest about people, but not about myself.
5. Are you generally organized or messy? Messy. My tools I keep clean and organized, everything else is out for itself.

Beliefs
1. What God or Goddess do you find most appealing, if any? Ovek. I live my life in his hands, really.
2. Which God or Goddess do you fear, if any? Honestly, I don't see any coming to smite me anytime soon. So... none?
3. Do you have any Gnosis Marks? If so, how did you receive them? Nope.
4. What lengths would you go to to please your deity? I don't have a deity.
5. Where do you draw the line at pleasing your deity? What is too much? I'd do a lot for money. If a deity could offer me enough I'd probably do a lot more. I do draw the line at selling my body or dealing in blood. I don't sell sex, and I don't sell death.

Life and Death
1. What do you absolutely live for? I don't know the answer to that yet.
2. What is the best part of life? Drinking and gambling baby. Nothing more satisfying than taking other people's coin.
3. What is the best part of death? As far as I'm aware there isn't a best part.
4. If you could choose, how would you want to die? Still young. I can't imagine myself old, toothless and abed.
5. What is the one thing for which you would most like to be remembered after your death? My entire career demands that I am not remembered, by my victims at least. Living daily in Sunberth is hard enough, I don't really care how I'm remembered when I'm dead.

DisclaimerThis 'interview' is done pre-creation (similar to her pre-creation history) and so as she goes along in the threads certain answer may not add up to what she discovers. This is because there are some things in Arryn's history that she has repressed, and will become apparent when her life takes a darker turn. As such, I have used the star (*) to indicate that what she feels/believes at the time may not be entirely accurate once certain situations come around.

Arryn Veseere
Player

Words: 25568
Joined roleplay: September 11th, 2011, 1:27 pm
Character sheet