Sira! What's coming out of your... BABY!! (Sira, Baby)

It's birthing day! Say hello to the newest and bestest newborn in Wind Reach.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The westernmost tip of Kalea, Wind Reach is home to an amazing group of people and their giant eagle mounts. [Lore]

Postby Aidara on December 7th, 2011, 11:47 pm

Timestamp: Winter the 24th, 511 AV
Place: The Courtyard of the Sky
Who: Sira feat. a surprise guest.

It was Market Day, probably one of Aidara's favorite days of the week. No woman ever needed an excuse to buy things, but with the baby's birth only days away Addy had dragged her pregnant lover along for the trip as they searched for last minute additions to their already massive assortment of baby things.

"What about this?" Holding up what looked like a miniature blanket, Addy turned to show it to Sira; but the woman wasn't there and the little healer instead got a faceful of smelly Avora armpit.

"Ugh. Why would you stop there?" Pushing the stammering man aside, ignoring all of his apologies, Addy tried to wend her way through the crush of people to find where she had lost Sira. The stall owner called after her, yelling over the crowd as Addy had walked away with the blanket still clutched in her fist.

"I'm going to bring it back! Calm down!" And she was gone, swallowed up by the sea of redheads that shuffled from stall to stall. "Sira? Sira! SIRA!" Repeatedly shouting the Kelvic woman's name, it was only a matter of moments until she spotted that tell-tale belly bulge around the corner of a stall only a few down from where Addy had stopped.

"Really? You stopped for chocolate. I was showing you this blanket." Approaching Sira, Addy took her by surprise as the woman passed the assistant chef in charge of the booth a handful of pinions for the dark, sweet slab of candy. Such things were a luxury in the best of times.. but in the midst of the hardest winter they'd had yet? Sira should be ashamed of herself.
Aidara
The "i" is silent

Words: 946840
Joined roleplay: October 6th, 2010, 5:20 am
Race: Human, Inarta
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 10
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (1)
Peer Reviewer (1) Trailblazer (1)
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Wind Reach Seasonal  Challenge (1)
Power Fork (1) 2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Sira on December 9th, 2011, 3:30 pm

The big day was near, the baby could come at any time, but that didn't mean life halted altogether. There was still shopping to be done, still food to be eaten, and preparations to be made. Sira had no idea what would happen when the baby was finally ready. Yes, the process had been explained to her, but none of the healers had any experience with pregnant kelvics so they couldn't be entirely sure. Would Sira birth a baby, or a rhinoceros? The thought was terrifying. But as was said, life went on. Sira and Aidara were in the market, searching for more and more baby stuff to spoil it rotten with. And that's when she spotted the chocolate stand.

The merchant had very few pieces left, the harsh winter making it impossible to resupply, and he was charging an enormous amount for each. Of course in her selfish pregnant mode (that was the mood she happened to be in that day) Sira had no intention of paying in the first place. She was an endal afterall, she didn't have to pay. But of course Addy showed up not a moment later scolding Sira for wanting chocolates and tossing some pinions at the sweets merchant.

"What!? I can't control what this baby wants, its got a.. a... um.."

The strangest thing happened to Sira then. One moment she was talking normally, and then she felt a little pop. The next thing she knew there was liquid pouring all down her legs and onto the floor. Sira just stood there in shock, staring at the gradually expanding puddle. She didn't know what to say, what to do. She hadn't even had that much to drink that morning!

Slowly Sira's eyes moved away from her feet to look into Addy's, then she glanced at the merchant and her face started to turn red as the realization that she had just wet herself in public dawned on her. She didn't know what the fluid actually was, nobody had explained that part to Sira, and thought she just really had to pee. "I.. um.. I'm sorr.. oh! Oh!! Cramp!" It felt sort of like a menstrual cramp, but way worse, and Sira doubled over in pain at the unexpected sensation. Except that.. this part she had expected. It was a contraction! Sira had been warned about those, and they meant the baby was on the way.

"Addy! The baby, its coming!"

Of course Addy probably already knew the baby was coming, considering that Sira's water had so very obviously broken right in front of her, and she also probably knew that Sira still had a while before the baby actually came. But Sira didn't know, and she went in to panic mode, and several chimes later when the second contraction came she panicked even more.

"It's trying to get out, Addy! The baby wants out! Get me to the infirmary! I will not have my baby on the stone of the market like some dek! No way, get me out of here right now!!!"
Last edited by Sira on December 16th, 2011, 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nari | Common
Italics are Telepathic
Sira
Player

Words: 737381
Joined roleplay: July 4th, 2010, 3:42 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Overlored (1) Wind Reach Seasonal  Challenge (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Aidara on December 12th, 2011, 2:41 am

"Hoe. Ley. Crap." Panic washed every rational thought from the healers mind. The baby was coming. The baby was coming. Right here, in the middle of the petching market.

"No, no no no. Hold it in.. Uh... Don't push! DON'T PUSH!" All of her training, the hours upon hours she had spent in the Enclave pouring over child bearing and birthing books went right away with the wind whipping above them. Addy floundered there, gazing wildly at Sira as she stood hunched over in the middle of the crowd. If course, with all the yelling they were doing, they had attracted a crowd.

"Someone needs to help her up, carry her to the infirmary and find a healer." A helpful voice piqued above the rest of the chatter, breaking through Addy's haze of panic.

"I am her healer. She needs no other." The anger was sudden, birthed from fear and surprise, as she snapped at the faceless voice. All went quiet at the 'Endal Tone' that boomed from the tiny woman. Addy always surprised those on the receiving end of what she called putting on her 'Sai Pants', taking her for a meek, happy-go-lucky woman who needed nothing other than a good petching.

"You and you, carry her. You, run ahead and make sure that the petching Infirmary is unlocked." Three different burly men were pointed too, their varying red heads detaching themselves from the rest of the ginger mob at her orders; How did they always manage to make a scene? Why did it always have to be Sira that was to be carried away. Addy lamented, realizing that her feet were super sore and could go for some hand-and-foot waiting upon. But that was just the panic talking, the little woman's mind drifting to anything but the task that currently faced her. Sira might not be ready to give birth in the middle of a crowded dirty Market, but Addy wasn't ready to deliver the baby either.

What was she supposed to do? All her carefully prepared knowledge suddenly failed her in her time of need. She'd never even assisted a birth before, and now she was supposed to deliver her own child?! All of a sudden, she felt lightheaded, the courtyard and all of it's stalls swimming before her eyes. As the edges of her vision began to darken, Addy realized that she had been holding her breath, her hands clapped over her mouth as she fought the urge not to vomit; the men carrying her pregnant lover were long out of sight, probably placing her into a cold infirmary bed even as she stood her, the crowd gaping at her as she failed to find the strength to move.

"Oh petch. I can't do this." But she had too, and she knew there was no other option; no one but she was going to deliver the baby. Keah had, as politely as she could, asked if she would be needed for the birth and Addy had, as equally politely (since Keah had meant no offense), stoutly declined her offer, stating that it wouldn't be right otherwise. Now she regretted such a quick decision, wishing that the tiny woman could be at her side with that soft, reassuring voice of hers.

Taking a deep breath and running a hand over her face, Addy gathered what courage she could and marched off towards her contracting lover.
Aidara
The "i" is silent

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Sira on December 16th, 2011, 2:51 pm

Sira was in such a state of panic that she hardly even noticed as the burly red heads picked her up and took her away. In another situation Sira's mind might have drifted to naughty, but all she could think of at that moment was baby. Baby, baby, baby, baby, "Oh petching, petching fuck! why does it have to be so gods damned painful!"

Sira tried to curl up in pain and that was when she finally realized that she was being carried by the men. She couldn't curl up because she was being held awkwardly in the air, and something in her mind just seemed to snap. Sira started twisting and turning, writhing about, screaming at the top of her lungs. "Let go of me, let go of me! PUT ME DOWN!!" Sira struggled and fought until she finally broke free of the men's grasp and literally fell onto her butt, which was followed by another contraction which had Sira moaning in pain again. This only caused the men to huddle around her, trying to help her and comfort her, which in turn caused Sira to freak out again. "Get away from me! Where is Addy!" One of the men laid a hand on her shoulder and Sira struck out at him, socking him right in the jaw. Another of the men tried to reason with Sira, explaining that she needed to be taken to the infirmary right away.

"No! Get the fuck away from me! I can walk my.. oh gods! Tivaku, I hate you so much right now!"

The men tried again and Sira freaked out again, punching out and wrestling with them. Her fist connected with the other side of the man's face and he staggered back, and the other man grabbed her arms from behind and pinned them behind her back. "Sira endal, we're just trying to help. Aidara told us to bring you to the infirmary." Sira's eyes widened as she realized she had been trapped, her arms held together as the other man went for her legs. Sira struggled but he did eventually manage to get a grip on them both and lifted her off the ground. "No! No, no, no!! Put me down, I can walk myself. Let me go! Addy where are you!? Let me go you petching dek lickers!" Sira continued to struggle as the men managed to carry a few more yards, and then she really got angry.

"Put me down or I'll shift and rip you the fuck apart!! I am an Endal, a Wind Eagle, and I order you to PUT! ME!! DOWN!!!"

That brought pause to the men and they stopped walking, and after Sira struggled for a moment they finally put her down, backing away slowly. "That's better. Now, where the petch is Addy! I need.. oh fucking, petching! I'll kill you, Ayren! I'll kill you for doing this to me!! Sira bent over, resting her hands against the wall of the random hallway she was in as she fought through the pain of another contraction. Were they coming faster now? She couldn't tell.. though she knew they were too far apart to really need to worry. She knew it, but that didn't mean her mind could rationally process that knowledge. Sira was still in panic mode, and Aidara had seemingly abandoned her in her most dire of moments. Finally Sira turned her eyes on the men, her gaze steeled.

"I am not petching going anywhere with you! Bring me AIDARA!!!"
Nari | Common
Italics are Telepathic
Sira
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Aidara on January 9th, 2012, 2:10 am

Addy could hear Sira screaming from two hallways away. Still trying to keep her emotions under control and her lunch in her stomach, the woman had been walking in a stately manner down that hallway; of course it was too much to assume that Sira would have gone quietly, been placed gently in the most comfortable infirmary bed with her attendants hovering around to fulfill the Endal's every whim while they waited for her to get there.

Quickening her pace to a trot, Addy made one last final attempt to shove all the negative and nauseating feelings to the back of her mind. Right now, this was business. Just another day in the infirmary, just another patient. Yes, it was her first birthing but... it was unlikely to be her last. The healer within Addy revolted at the thought of passing up this opportunity to learn something she hadn't yet.

It took the entirety of the corridor from the Courtyard of the Sky to the Infirmary for Addy to detach herself from the situation; it was made harder by the screams that punctuated the air, the flashes of images through her mind as Sira lost control of her end of the link during each contraction. Briefly, Addy saw the shocked faces of the men she had ordered to carry Sira away. She would have to apologize to them later and perhaps compensate for any permanent damage that the Kelvic woman would inflict upon them as they carried out their orders.

Bracing her self with a hand on the frame of the door, Addy gave one hard, final shove at her feelings, pushing them into the box she'd formulated in her mind and slamming the lid. A deep breath, and she stepped into the room.

"I'm here, Sira. Stop yelling. You're going to make it uncomfortable for the child. You know she can hear you, so what do you think she's thinking now that you're acting like a crazy person?" Moving towards the wash basin settled on one of the ledges, Addy quickly washed and dried her hands as she spoke to her fellow healers. Keah and Miquel had both made it to the infirmary before she; either the news that Sira was going into labor spread like wild fire or someone had sent for them. Either way, she was glad they made it.

"Keah, please, have her lay down. Pillows to elevate her hips and make sure that her had is cushioned as well. Miquel, could you please get a cloth and try to keep her temperature down. You." One of the men who had tried to carry Sira was beckoned over. "Go to the Crafts gallery and get as many cast-off cloths as you can. We're going to need them."

"You." Another man was pointed at and beckoned forward. "Go into my apartment and grab all the books that are on the sofa and bring them here."

As the men scurried away, Addy turned back to Sira. She had purposely ignored the frantic woman in an attempt to make her calm down. "How far apart is each contraction, can you tell? The closer they are together the closer the baby is." Stepping towards Sira's side, Addy extended a hand and gently brushed her thumb along her cheek. Hopefully Sira would understand the need for detachment, but even the small gesture threatened to undo her.

"You have to tell me whenever you feel something new or different. I uh... Might have to make some references to make sure that everything was going according to plan." The second errand-runner had just returned with a massive stack of books. Addy directed him to drop them on the bed adjacent to Sira's. The top one, a massive tome, was immediately retrieved and balanced on her knees as she pulled a stool over to Sira's side. "But don't worry. I got this."

OOCI kind of wanted to play out the whole process of Sira getting her contractions more frequently etc instead of just completely skipping over it. Is that cool?
Aidara
The "i" is silent

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Sira on January 13th, 2012, 2:53 pm

All the insanity that was the moment vanished as Addy entered the room and brought with her a flood of calm. Sira stopped screaming and trying to throttle the men who were only there to help, her shoulders slumping and her breathing slowing. She allowed herself to be guided to the bed and lied down, even going so far as to thank the man who placed the pillow under her head. For a moment it seemed like Sira was going to make it through the rest of the process without losing her mind. Aidara asked her how far apart her contractions were and Sira struggled to find an answer.

"I uh.. I don't know. Maybe.. maybe ten chimes, fifteen? I.. I'm not sure."

Sira wasn't sure, she hadn't exactly been keeping track of important things like that. She was too busy throwing a fit to pay attention to the time between contractions. But it would be different with Addy there to comfort her. Sira didn't have to throw a fit any longer. Addy reached out to stroke Sira's cheek and the kelvic knew everything was going to be alright. Sira was calm. ...and then the next contraction started. Sira's eyes widened and her face grimaced in pain.

"Grrraaaahhh! Why does it have to hurt so much!?" Sira's hand shot out, grabbing for Aidara's shirt, and her voice took on a desperate, pleading then. "Addy, Addy, it hurts!" Sira pulled the healer closer, whispering into her ear. "Addy.. I.. you and Rak'keli, you're.. she marked you. So you must be close to her, right. I know you are. Go.. go and ask her. Ask her to find whatever god invented pain and," Sira pushed Addy away, "Tell her to tell them to GO FUCK THEMSELVES!!! Gah, this hurts so much!"

Despite her continued yelling about pain and the obvious discomfort in her face, if Addy paid attention she would see a familiar glint in Sira's eyes before they were overcome with pain once more. The glint was the same look Sira got when she was toying with some poor member of a lower caste. Sira had just made a joke. She was at least trying to find humor in the situation.

The next several hours were filled with moments of hysteria, and moments of relative calm. Eventually Sira started to take the pain with a bit more grace, perhaps having spent all her anger and rage already and left with only calm. It was after one such contraction, now seven minutes apart, that Sira began to doubt herself for the very first time.

"Addy.. I. I don't know if I can do this." When Addy inevitably tried to comfort her, perhaps telling her that the pain would be over soon and it would all be worth it in the end, Sira just shook her head and waved away the words. She shifted in the bed, turning to lay on her side for more comfort, but also so that she didn't want to look Aidara in the face when she continued to speak. "No, I don't mean.. this. I can take the pain. It's a bitch, but I can take it. I mean.. I don't think I can be a mother. Look at me. I punched a guy in the face just for helping me. I.. I killed someone just because they told me my mother was dead. We.. the things I did to that man for what he tried to do to you. All of it. If I can do that when I get angry, what happens if I get angry at our child? What if.. what if I can't control myself."
Nari | Common
Italics are Telepathic
Sira
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Aidara on January 22nd, 2012, 4:33 am

Addy immediately had her nose in the book. Sira seemed to be progressing quickly and though she had been reading up on delivering the baby for months, now that the birth was eminent every helpful bit of knowledge fled from her brain.

"Hm...We're going to have to start counting your pains then. A guess just isn't good enough." Addy responded to this bit of information provided by Sira belatedly, thumbing through a few more pages before exclaiming softly and tracing a line of text with her index finger as she read aloud for Sira's benefit.

"Labor pains are one of the most accurate judges of how close the baby is to being ready for the act of Birth. The Pains are monitered and noted two different ways: How close together each pain is and how long it lasts for. The closer together and the longer the Pains last, the closer the baby is to being born."

"I paraphrased." Glancing up at Sira, Addy gave the woman a distracted smile. She really had cut herself off from most of her personal feelings. Turning her attention back to the book and letting those still hovering make sure Sira stayed still, Addy continued to read. Until the next contraction came, that is. When Sira started to yell, the little healer was quickly on her feet and at her lovers side. Just as Addy had reached out to hold Sira's hand, the laboring woman curled sweaty and shaking fingers into the collar of her shirt, yanking her downwards so she was bent over the infirmary bed.

"Addy, Addy, it hurts!" Shushing and lifting a hand to gently smooth the sweat soaked hair away from Sira's forehead, Addy did her best to calm the woman down. Allowing a bit of her own emotions to slip past her Medical Mask, the little woman took both her hands and steadied the kelvic woman's face between them.

"You need to try and calm down. Nice, deep breaths... there you go.... in.... out..." Sira's breath steadied for a minute or two before she was pulling Addy back down again, whispering fevererntly in her ear. Something about Rek'keli and being close was all Addy was able to catch before she was shoved away. Good thing too, because the volume at which Sira shouted would have left her ears ringing.

Trying not to laugh, Addy shushed her once more and continued the petting until the contraction was over. "I will make sure that she knows your sentiments the next time I see her, I promise. Now breathe...."

Addy knew the contraction had passed when the pain that held Sira's muscles stiff and rigid disspated, allowing her to collapse in a gasping puddle on the bed. By now the sheets were soaked through with sweat, a nearby aid shoving a pillow quickly under where Sira's head would fall. Glancing up at Miquel who was keeping the time, he nodded and showed her the sheet.

"Half a Chime. I'd say you're still a few hours away from being ready." Caught again by the need to make sure that everything was going according to plan and that she wasn't royally screwing anything up, Addy scuttled back over to her book.

"Oh, dear. It says here that if the contractions are still a half to a quarter bell apart, you need to keep moving and hydrated." Glancing up, Addy waved her hand at the men standing nearby, clearly wanting them to get Sira to her feet. When they hesitated, unwilling to face the Kelvic's wrath again, Addy pinned them with and icy emerald stare. "Now."

Realizing that they would lose either way, the men hurried to life Sira. Luckily, the last bout of pain had sapped her of her strength, as she went along rather meekly. Directing Keah forward with a mug of water, Addy turned back to her book.

From there Sira had contractions at fifteen chime intervals, which was normal. If her lover complained, Addy didn't notice; she was still too caught up in trying to remember everything she learned. Though she had very little experience in herbalism, the little healer knew that she had read somewhere something about an herb that would dull the pain of childbirth and was determined to find mention of it before Sira went into labor.

When the contractions started to come more frequently, Addy directed the men to let Sira lay back down. Propping her head and her hips up, positioning her feet so that they sat on either edge of the bed, legs spread, she felt the first flutters of butterflies in her stomach. Despite her locking away of all her personal feelings, the stress and anticipation was becoming a little to great.

Determined not to let Sira see her nerves, Addy tried to avoid looking her directly in the eyes. The woman were connected on so many levels that she was afraid just one look would not only undo her, but give her completely away. Sira would know. Sira would see it in her eyes, in the tense lines of her face. Addy wasn't the one writhing in pain as their child tried to fight it's way out of her body, she had the easy job. It wouldn't do for her to be upset.

Another contraction wracked Sira's body, this one worse than all the others, the prostrate woman crying out in undiluted pain. Feeling her breath catch in her throat, Addy dove for her book in one last ditch attempt to find the herb that would save her love some of this agony.

"Addy..I... dont know if I can do this." The waver in Sira's voice had the little woman back at her side within moments. Both of of her hands were gathered into Addy's tiny ones and held tightly as she wove their fingers together.

"Of course you can do this! It's just pain. I'm trying to find the herb now that will help.. I'm sorry, I should have had it sooner, I just wasn't expecting this to all happen now, today..." Ah, her emotions threatened to undo her composure, bottom lip wavering before she bit down on it and held the flesh between her teeth. She hadn't even finished her sentence before Sira was shaking her head earnestly, looking away as she opened her mouth to speak.

"...What if I cant control myself?" At that moment, Addy's heart swelled for the woman who lay before her, love and a dozen other indescribable emotions flooding her body as she tried not to simply burst into tears. It wasn't the pain? That was unbelievable, as Addy had told herself more than once throughout the hours of Sira's labor that the pain itself would have undone her.

No, she was worried about her ability to control herself. How foolish.

Reaching down, Addy cupped Sira's chin and turned her face upwards until their eyes met. "Remember I went through this already?" Lifting a brow, Addy waited until Sira confirmed or denied the statement. "I know how you're feeling, I do. But what has happened prior to this, our child, means nothing. No really, it doesn't." Knowing Sira, the statement would have caused the need for protest but this time it was Addy cutting Sira off.

"I'm serious, Sira. No matter how angry you've gotten at others, no matter what the Predator side of you tells you, even when you're in human form, this child is a part of you. The baby will have your eyes, your smile, your blood running in it's veins." Kicking out a foot, Addy hooked a stool under her and she sat down next to Sira's head. "I couldn't love a woman who had the ability to hurt her child. Yes, you'll get mad at her... or him. Yes, you'll be irritated and disappointed and even confused. It's all a part of the process..." Gentle fingers peeled a soggy lock of hair from where it clung to Sira's temple, carefully tucking it back behind her ear. " It's going to be hard and trying. There will be tears, but there will also be laughter. I can't tell you what will happen other than that, but I do know you would never hurt our child. Never."

When she stood again, her hands were shaking from the emotion of it all. Cursing softly under her breath, Addy closed her eyes to gather the calm back around just as Sira cried out as yet another Contraction took her.

"They're closer together now, and at least a chime and a half in length." Miquel waited until Addy opened her eyes again to report, handing the sheet of paper with it's ticks marking the contractions progress into the healers now steady hands.

"We're going to have to get ready for her to push, then." Turning to Sira, Addy gave her a comforting smile from behind her 'Medical Mask' as everyone else in the Infirmary scurried around to get ready.

"It shouldn't be much longer. I'm going to have to ask you to slow your breathing and calm yourself as much as you can in preparation."
Aidara
The "i" is silent

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Sira on February 17th, 2012, 7:48 pm

Sira accepted Addy's words, though she wasn't sure she absolutely believed them. Just like Addy would never be sure about her own problems, but the good thing about contractions were, when they happened, you forgot about everything else. With the return of the pain, this time longer than before, Sira did her best to fight it off. She didn't resist when the assistants came to help her up, and it actually was a relief on her back to be out of the bed.

Sira walked around the room a bit, sometimes taking a seat, sometimes laying, sometimes just pacing. She'd always stop and grunt, growl, and cuss her way through the contractions, though she was far less violent when it all started. Either she was too tired or she was getting used to the pain, if that were even possible. Where was that damned herb Addy kept promising anyway?

When the contractions started coming faster and Aidara started talking about having to push, Sira's nerves returned again. What if she couldn't do it? What if the baby didn't want to come out? What if something went wrong? But then Sira remembered who her doctor was, and while really that shouldn't have been a comfort since Addy barely had any idea what she was doing, Sira did find comfort in that fact. With Aidara there, nothing could go wrong.

"Okay, I'm ready. Um.. so when do I.."

Sira's words were cut off by the tightening of her muscles as another contraction came, this one a bit different than before. Sira did her best to steady her breathing as her body instictually told her to give the baby a push. It was hard, it felt weird, and of course there was the pain, but Sira did the best she could. And then it stopped and she had a moment to relax. Not too long though, because the time came again soon enough, and Sira growled through the pain until it was time for her next break. Boy was it tiring though, the heaviest workout Sira had ever experiened.

"How much longer, Addy? Am I done yet?"

She wasn't, but a girl could hope.
Nari | Common
Italics are Telepathic
Sira
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Aidara on February 23rd, 2012, 2:17 am

Thankfully, Sira didn't seem much affected by Addy's attempt at distancing herself from the situation. Everything about the ordeal bothered her; from the tension that practically vibrated the air in the room to the deeper, emotional reasons that kept trying to break free of the securely locked box in the back of her mind. Making a mental note to treat Sira like the flawless gem she was after this was all over, Addy locked all emotions away once more. Just in time too, as Sira broke off mid sentence with a grunt and a pained look.

"Unfortunately, the baby comes when it wants too and not a moment more. You'll know because you won't be able to resist pushing." Pushing Sira's shoulder so that she laid flat, Addy motioned Miquel to help her position the pillow beneath the laboring woman's head. "I'm going to check the progress. It's going to be uncomfortable, but the pain should have dulled by now. Did you finish the whole cup?"

The blank look on Sira's face stopped Addy's heart for a moment. Guilt and embarrassment flooded her despite her attempts to stop it. Bright red in the face and unable to meet her lovers eye, a flick of her head towards Keah sent the young woman rushing to her side.

"I forgot to make the skullcap. She's been through this all without the pain relief. Crush the whole dried leaves and infuse a cup of tea with them." Keah didn't hesitate, rushing over to the long ledge that housed the Infirmaries various herbs. "Oh, and add some mint, too. It'll help reduce some of the bitterness."

Reluctantly, Addy turned back to Sira. "I'm so sorry. Here, I'm going to have you sit again." Not trusting herself to say much more, Addy supported most of Sira's weight as she propped herself up on her elbows. Of course, Sira would never stay angry with Addy over something so foolish but just the thought of her love having to endure the full blown pain of labor because of her mistake was almost enough to undo her.

A warm, clammy hand closed around her wrist, just as those green eyes started to fill with tears. Sira didn't say a word, but simply squeezed tight, her thumb brushing the soft skin on the top of Addy's hand. The wordless forgiveness was enough to dam the tears; Keah had returned with the tea, gently pressing it into Sira's hands as Addy firmly steadied her shoulders.

"I know. It's nasty, but finish it all." Sira had taken one sip and turned the stuff away, trying to pass it off to whomever stood closest to her side. Chiding gently and pressing the cup back into her hands, Addy couldn't help but smile at the flash of irritation in those golden eyes.

"The child isn't here yet, Addy..." The low mutter only widened the healers smile more.

"Yes, I know dear. Just practicing." The light banter seemed to relax them both. Able to focus now, Addy took the emptied cup and set it aside as Sira repositioned herself on her pillow. Directing her with soft words and light touches, Addy moved to the end of the bed as she positioned Sira's legs; bent at the knee and spread to shoulder width, she held Sira's feet down to the corners of the bed as she asked her to lift her hips. Having read in a book somewhere that the hips should be slightly elevated, Addy had Miquel slip a flat pillow under Sira's raised bottom.

"Alright, lay back down again. Good. Now, I'm going to insert my fingers and try to feel how dilated you are." At the questioning look Sira gave her, Addy paused and thought for a moment before she could explain. "The head of the child is bigger than the opening it has to pass through, right? So naturally, during labor, your body cues your vagina to... expand, so to speak, so that the baby has an easier time coming out. If we have you push before you're fully expanded... things rip. It's not ideal, to say the least." Lifting up the end of the light sheet that had been pulled up to Sira's waist, Addy stuck her head under the tent that the woman's knees made. The flickering light from the sconces on the wall provided just enough of a glow that Addy could see what she was doing. Slowly, she inserted her fingers, gently feeling around in hopes of ascertaining how far along Sira was in the labor. A glance at the door had told her, by the position of the sun, that they had already been here for at least six bells.

"You're almost ready." A sheen of sweat covered her lovers brow, Addy's heart twinging and going out to Sira as she was forced to be the bearer of bad news. "At least another bell before we can allow you to push." Taking the woman's hand, Addy squeezed it lightly. "Are you feeling the urge yet?"
Aidara
The "i" is silent

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Sira on March 7th, 2012, 6:49 pm

"I don't petching know what I feel," Sira muttered, the bitter tea still insulting her taste buds.. but she was starting to feel a little funny. More relaxed, which was strange considering the awkward position she was in and the fingers and the.. people watching. Child birth was weird.

Sira felt another contraction just then, this one just like the previous, and again came that urge to give a bit of a push. Sira may not have know what was going on, but her body seemed to. Still, it wasn't quite time yet. It was just a nudge she gave, really.. but she could feel the pressure in her body shift ever so slightly. It was the baby, and it was coming.

As the chimes ticked away and Sira came closer and closer to those final moment, she was able to enjoy them in comparatively much less pain than she had the previous six bells. The discomfort she still felt beneath the haze of potent herbs was little more than a mild nuisance compared to the unrestrained pain she'd felt before. The drugs also put Sira in a much better mood, and when she wasn't busy trying to give birth, she was able to hold a conversation with her attendants. ..granted, it was a very silly conversation, but a conversation nonetheless.

"Yknow, Addy. After all this is over, we should go on a vacation. Somewhere with no men to get us pregnant. ..I heard about this one island in the east filled with nothing but beautiful young women with blond hair who live in a beautiful city on the beach. We should go there.. ..that way the men can't get us and make this happen."

Sira was just about to reach down and pull the blanket up for all to see to make her point, but then another contraction came and this time she really did feel the urge to push. "Oh.. Addy.. I think it's coming. I.. should I push.. grraahhh.. I have to push!"

Her body knew what it had to do, and Sira did start to push. Confirmation from Addy only made her try all the harder. It was perhaps the strangest feeling in the world, feeling the baby on the move. It wasn't nearly as painful as the contractions, though the drugs might have had something to do with that, but the pressure was insane. Sira could feel it moving down, she could feel herself stretching to make room.. soon Addy would see the head.
Nari | Common
Italics are Telepathic
Sira
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Next