A songbird at heart. [Dex] [Done]

Mishani is singing for herself again. But she's lonely. Could someone hear this lonely girls song?

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Built into the cliffs overlooking the Suvan Sea, Riverfall resides on the edge of grasslands of Cyphrus where the Bluevein River plunges off the plain and cascades down to the inland sea below. Home of the Akalak, Riverfall is a self-supporting city populated by devoted warriors. [Riverfall Codex]

A songbird at heart.

Postby Mishani Vita on April 21st, 2012, 2:34 am

Mishani's face lit up immediately. She was glad that someone wanted to explore with her. All the other people there always said that she was too old to run in the forests, capturing animal and insects. So a person who liked adventures. Mish hugged John and smiled. "Thank you. You don't know how much that helps me." She just said, and let go of him.

"But it's already late, are you sure you can tag along me? I mean, I am going outside the town for awhile." She looked a little bit more serious now. Because inside the city, she would never find a place. But there was some nice places outside. Like abandoned caves and den's. Well, den's were rare, but caves. Caves were a possibility.
Last edited by Mishani Vita on April 27th, 2012, 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mishani Vita
Songbird

Words: 28401
Joined roleplay: April 16th, 2012, 5:20 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet

A songbird at heart.

Postby Dex on April 21st, 2012, 3:32 pm

John was excited. Nighttime hunting, going outside the city, checking out caves and dens. And maybe some singing. He wondered if he could sing or not.

"It's not that late for me. So long as the owls stay away I'm fine. And I can always climb back into town. It isn't that difficult for me, especially the other way."

John wrestled on whether he should go as a ferret or as a human. Deciding to stay as a human, so that owls wouldn't be trying to eat him, he stood up and held a hand out to help her up.

Dex rarely has intentional thoughts
but Dex always has something to say

Names: John, Lewis
Dex
Lots of shiny things for me

Words: 91565
Joined roleplay: April 14th, 2012, 6:15 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

A songbird at heart.

Postby Mishani Vita on April 21st, 2012, 10:02 pm

Mish took John's hand and stood up. The pier was surprisingly cold, and she stood on one feet a little time, looking around the docks. She surely didn't want to encounter any grumpy, fleshy, ugly or hairy sailors in the night. She had, a long time ago, done that. And it was not very nice. She took her old shoes and put them on. They were just as cold as the ground, but they would warm up.
There was some sailors in the docks, drunken and smelly. And rather loud too. She sighed and smiled then. "You look like a rather slim guy. We should avoid the sailors, because they don't like people being around 'their territory'"" she said with a little laughter. She didn't understand sailors. Always so.. drunk and all.

Mishani sneaked next to the wooden wall. It was really moist and soft. The paint was coming off just because of that, and some of the dark, red pieces got stuck on her arm. She quickly cleaned them off and looked around the corner. There were two drunken sailors sitting and talking about nonsense. Drinking rum or beer or something like that. She wrinkled her nose a little because of the strong smell of sweat and alcohol.

"Oh dear..."
Mishani Vita
Songbird

Character sheet

A songbird at heart. [Dex]

Postby Dex on April 24th, 2012, 10:37 pm

John watched as she got herself ready for the adventure. As they walked closer to the buildings along side the dock, several interesting smells barraged John, causing him to wrinkle his nose. She spoke something about sailors, which brought back various memories. He nodded a little when she said that. After recognizing the smells from his long adventure that brought him to riverfalls, he was about to stop her from going around a wall where the sailor smell was concentrated.

He was two seconds to late as they both came face to face with two drunk sailors lounging in chairs. The smell now even stronger, he wrinkled his nose up, wishing he didn't have his strong ferret sense of smell right then. Not thinking real well, he blurted out the obvious.

"You two stink!"

They suddenly had a change of emotions shown on their face, going from surprise to anger to disbelief.

Dex

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Mishani Vita on April 25th, 2012, 4:54 pm

Her eyes widened when she heard John screaming at the sailors. It wasn't the best move, no. The sailors looked at them with a frown, starting to walk to them. She was a little scared, knowing what sailors are when they are mad. Misha looked around, a place to hide. But she couldn't hide. Not in front of a guy, so she decided to stay put. But as a sensitive girl she was, she was already nervous when the sailors stood in front of them.

"Does the boy have something against us?"
The one with a very smelly breath said. They were both glaring at John. Misha bit her lip. Sailors really were dangerous, and she didn't want anything horrible to happen. Anything to not make her friend think that the dicks are a bad place. With a little bit of courage, she was able to say something. "Leave him alone..." she almost whispered, looking down at her feet. She almost sounded like a mouse, just meeping silently.

"Did you hear what she said?!"
One of the sailors said, bursting into a drunken laugh. The other one laughed too, wobbling a little. Why didn't she just run? Maybe she didn't want to look like a coward...
Mishani Vita
Songbird

Character sheet

Postby Dex on April 25th, 2012, 9:15 pm

John looked at the two sailors, both of who had started wobbling up to them. Mishani had said something quieting about leaving him alone. John still had no idea what was wrong. All he had done was say what was honest. They truly did stink, and it made him wish for his ferret scent glands, as weak in the air as they were. He started thinking out loud.

"So wait, we can solve this. Let's see, a human stinks. They don't give themselves bath like I normally do, soooo ...."

John took a minute and remembered a place he had crawled into as a ferret, and gotten thrown out of. The only thing in it was a lot of water. When he went back as a human, he remembered the signs had said it was to get clean, and the sign said it was a ...

"A bath! That's what you two need. Mishani, where can we find a bath to put these two in?"

Dex

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Mishani Vita on April 26th, 2012, 7:04 pm

Mishani giggled a little, but then the sailors got angry. The other one was all red of anger. That was not a good sign, but Mishani decided to not worry too much. Sailors were slow, so they could always run away, no? "I don't know, my friend. And i think there would be no such soap that would take away that smell." she said without a single moment of nervousness. She was really surprised of that. The sailors looked angrier and angrier within every word Misha and Dex said. But why really was afraid of them? She though. Why was she always so afraid? Then she got a reason to be scared again. One of the ugly sailors took a bottle and broke it to the ground.

Why you break the booze bottle? the one asked, clearly surprised and confused that the angrier one was going to attack.

Aye, sorry. I buy a new one. Just get these brats to shut up. He said, almost screaming, in matter of fact. Misha was already scared. A big ugly guy pointing at them with a broken bottle was not quite the heaven, now, was it? The other one looked for something to hit with, but as the little smaller IQ level, he just used his fists. Sure, they could kill them, and sure they could just dump them away. But this was Riverfall, no? Nothing like that happened here.

*SLASH*

The one cut towards them both. No wounds, maybe he was more drunk than she had thought? Missing a easy target like that... She laughed out loud.

"Don't drink or you'll sink." she said sarcastically, glaring at the two sailors.
Mishani Vita
Songbird

Character sheet

Postby Dex on April 27th, 2012, 1:43 pm

Dex just stood watching them confused. One broke his drink in half, spilling it all over the deck. The other one made a comment about it. Then the one with the half bottle tried to cut at them ... while he was still 5 feet away. Then Mishani said something that prompted Dex.

"Don't drink or you'll sink. But they did drink, so now I guess they have to sink."

Following this simple train of thought, he walked up to the two guys, who both had walked closer to him at the same time, trying to walk behind them. One swung a drunken fist at him, which he stepped under, while the other yelled at him. Now with them between him and the dock to the ocean, he gave a hard push on the one with the bottle, making him stumble off the edge of the deck and into the water.

"That's one sunk. Mishani, did you want to help this other one?"

Unfortunately, the sailor caught wind of what was happening and managed to land a punch right at Dex's jaw, smacking him to the wooden floor of the deck.

Dex

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Mishani Vita on April 27th, 2012, 2:45 pm

"John!" she screamed out in horror. She looked down at the poor guy who got a straight hit in his face. She knew the feeling. But she couldn't hold her emotions. Two tears fell down her chins, as she took a old plank and glared at the sailor. He looked proud of making one of them silent. The other was in the water, of course. It was right for him. Misha felt anger bubbling deep inside of her. It was anew feeling for her, and it made her even angrier. She looked at the sailor, her hair hanging over her face and her mascara was all messed up.

"What are you gonna do, girlie?" the sailor on the pier said. He didn't seem to be scared, or even worried what the weakling would do with the plank. Then without a though, Misha hit the sailor in the stomach, repeating this. But she stopped hitting him when the plank broke. The sailor fell on the ground, passed out. Then Misha shoved the hair away from her face and looked down at the sailor. "Learn to not punch my friends." she hissed at the unconscious sailor.

Then she sat down next to Dex, looking at him with a worried face. Sailors really do punch hard. Hope he didn't break any teeth...
Last edited by Mishani Vita on April 27th, 2012, 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mishani Vita
Songbird

Character sheet

Postby Dex on April 27th, 2012, 4:55 pm

John decided to stay on the boards for awhile, at least until his dead stopped spinning. He let out a small groan, not hearing anything through the white noise ringing in his ears. The boards shook with a large rattle, as John felt the other sailor fell down next to him. Squeezing his eyes shut by the added rattling of his head, he slowly propped himself into a sitting position, finding Mishani sitting next to him.

Letting his vision return to something closer to normal, he rubbed his jaw gently, feeling a nice bruise forming along the jawline. Looking at Mishani, the broken board, and the now unconscious sailor, he slowly put two and two together.

"I thought we decided to put them in the bath?"

Dex

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

PreviousNext