The Awkward Meeting (Rykanis)

Syrah meets Rykanis again and questions him on his weird behavior from last time.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Built into the cliffs overlooking the Suvan Sea, Riverfall resides on the edge of grasslands of Cyphrus where the Bluevein River plunges off the plain and cascades down to the inland sea below. Home of the Akalak, Riverfall is a self-supporting city populated by devoted warriors. [Riverfall Codex]

Postby Syrah Steele on May 24th, 2012, 12:41 pm

Syrah's quick glare was met with a slumped over Dallisetria on the ground. Humph, she said. But she faced Rykanis who didn't seem to know what to do at all. At this point Syrah just wanted to go home and cuddle in her bed. Maybe she would invite Lewis over to make her laugh or something, her mood had plummeted.

Most of the time Syrah kept her stuck-upness under wraps, but it was situations like these where it clearly came out that she thought she was better than some others. She put her hands on her hips, angled a bit towards Dallisetria so she could see her in the corner of her eye. Watching her to make sure she didn't strike. She looked up at Rykanis expecting his to disciplined the girl like one would when punishing a pet.

But he just seemed confused at the situation at hand. So she said, "You know what, I think I'll just go home. I've had enough of your idiocy and this animals behavior." She laughed with no happiness, "And I see your not going to do anything with it." She gestured toward the animal.

Then she stalked off walking past the slumped girl and muttering, "Wild Animal." as she passed. Now she just wanted sleep.
"I would like to most graciously thank Ms. Steele for providing me with much needed deep and intellectual RP that goes beyond, 'Hey I don't like you let's fight.' So if you do read this Syrah thank you very much!'" - Desmus Marrudius
Syrah Steele
My heart is cold but, so is the wine.

Words: 105282
Joined roleplay: April 9th, 2012, 2:09 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Rykanis Dakshata on June 3rd, 2012, 12:06 am

Rykanis was a bit stunned at the way events had turned out... What the petch? He had only been gone a chime, so how had things gone from good to bad so fast?

The way the two stories diverged, it meant only one could be telling the truth... But how did he know which?

He did not know of why Dall might be telling a lie to him... What did she have to gain? he of course did not know of the conversation with his other side... Or consider the fact that he himself was very secretive... And as did sometimes occur... Some of his secretive nature could be rubbing off on Dall, affecting her personality, making her more like himself... But he did not know enough about kelvics to know that was even a possibility...

Rykanis did not know what to say, as Syrah angrily walked past him... What could he say to fix things? He did not know... He simply looked at her, a puzzled look as the events of today ran through his head, and he tried to understand... Watched as she walked out, left, and shut the door behind her.

After the angry Syrah was gone, leaving just Dall and Rykanis behind, he turned to his kelvic, and walked over to her, stooping down, hefting her up, and carrying her over to the couch, were he set her down firmly.

He stood there looking down at her, his face firm, ready to question her... Though a combination of effects proved to make this difficult... He was not a lightweight, but he was at least a little drunk from his drinks tonight. And looking down at Dall... He could not help but be distracted...

"Kitty! Now, I want to know what happened when..."

But yet again he was distracted, as his other side spoke in his head, reminding him that they were alone now... And she was "his kelvic"... He could not help getting a bit excited as he looked at her, and gently brushed a few of his fingertips over Dall's cheek... And he got lost in the sensation, and in there closeness...

He blinked a few times, realizing that he had lost his momentum, and had frozen, staring down at Dall... What had he been talking about? He had a bit of trouble recalling, as his other side distracted him some more... Reminding him of Dall... It had been a bit since they had been together... He had been out and busy all day... It was nice to be near her... Could not help but lean a bit closer, inhaling her aroma...

"What was I saying?"

He said, quickly trying to retrace his thought processes, but getting distracted by other things, and by Dall... A fact which if Dall was quick about, she could use to her advantage, and permanently distract him from the subject...
-You can't truly appreciate the light, until you spend some time experiencing darkness...

-The more you know, the more you learn how little you truly know, and how much there is left to learn.

-Only when you truly understand the darkness, will you not fear it.
Rykanis Dakshata
Player

Words: 248966
Joined roleplay: March 21st, 2012, 2:10 am
Race: Akalak
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Dallisetria on June 7th, 2012, 5:01 pm

Dallisetria blinked, as he led her into the room. He seemed quite baffled, or astonished. Or whatever it was that you wanted to call it, he was. He began to speak, but then he seemed to get too caught up in the fact he was with Dallisetria, and that there was nobody else with them. He leaned forward, and he seemed quite happy with this. She let his fingers along her cheek, her eyes closed. He hadn't been much company for a while, now. And she seemed to be happy he was there, and she was there, too...

Then he seemed to have forgotten what it was he was saying. He even asked her, but she just shrugged. "It wasn't anything too important," she said with a shake of her head, as though everything was just the way it should have been. She was on her knees on the couch, now. She was getting to her feet, still on the furniture, but now a bit taller than she would be if she was on the ground. It was easier to get up to kiss him- and this was what she did. She kissed him, putting her arms around his neck. She was trying to make it to where he would not remember what it was he was saying.
Aaaand I'm back. <3
Dallisetria
When I'm not hiding, you'll know.

Words: 39128
Joined roleplay: April 20th, 2012, 6:20 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

Postby Rykanis Dakshata on June 8th, 2012, 7:36 pm

Rykanis was getting distracted from all sides... Here was Dall... So close... Smelling so good... Her warm flesh so near... And his other side, whispering in his ear, telling him things that made good sense... Reasons to move on, to forget...

And later he would explain away the situation, if Rykanis wondered on it... With good reasoning, that would make sense, and quell any need to fruitlessly figure something out, that he already knew the answer to...

It was taking his utmost focus not to fall into desire, to not fall sway to the thoughts rushing in his head... When his Dall rose, and planted her lips on his own, ringing her arms around his neck, and keeping him in close...

He reacted strongly, physically, and was upon her, one hand at her back, the other on her rear, plucking her off her feet, as he deepened the kiss, pulled her in close... Tasting her hungrily...

Then he turned, and within a few strides, had crossed the room to the bed... He pulled back for a moment, there lips separating with a wet smack, and he grinned at her, with a smile on his lips... Then he tossed her onto the bed, in a very manly way, making his intentions clear... All thoughts of words from before gone...
-You can't truly appreciate the light, until you spend some time experiencing darkness...

-The more you know, the more you learn how little you truly know, and how much there is left to learn.

-Only when you truly understand the darkness, will you not fear it.
Rykanis Dakshata
Player

Words: 248966
Joined roleplay: March 21st, 2012, 2:10 am
Race: Akalak
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Gossamer on October 2nd, 2012, 5:30 pm

Character: Syrah Steele
Experience: Observation +2, Socialization +5, Drinking +1, Rhetoric +1, Intimidation +1,
Lore: Understanding Where One’s Mood Comes From, Wine: Knowing Ones Own Responsible Limits, I Do Not Make Good Choices When Drunk, Rykanis: He Keeps Slaves, Knowing When To Apologize. I Do Not Take Threats Lightly,

Character: Rykanis
Experience: Observation +2, Seduction +2, Socialization +5, Teaching +2
Lore: Syrah Steele: She Only Drinks Wine, Syrah Steele: Kelvics Annoy Her & Kelvics Are Attracted To Her, Being Forthright Is The Best Way, Kelvic Bonds, Being Openly Lied Too, Women Are Impossible To Deal With Regardless Of Race, Bonded Kelvics Make Good Partners In Bed

Character: Dallisetria
Experience: Observation +1, Socialization +4, Intimidation +2
Lore: Rykanis: He’s Irritating When He Brings Home Strangers, Setting Stupid Humans Straight

Additional Note: I'm always amused when Syrah is involved in a thread and gets all huffy. It was even better when Dalli got involved. Fun ready. Interesting dynamic. I hope Dalli keeps being part of Rykanis' life. Great thread... not much XP to award though other than lots of socialization.
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6357513
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Previous