[Syliras Location] Welcome Center/Employment Office

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

Postby Kisha on May 25th, 2012, 11:25 pm

Kisha looked up and around at the interior of the employment center as she entered in her Konti form, being that the sun was still out. She had settled into her new apartments and was sorely lacking in money. If she was going to get out of her dank, dark apartments into something that would suit her Kontian disposition better, she was going to have to make some serious coin. She approached the desk timidly. "Hi...My name is Kisha, and I am looking for a job here in Syliras? Are there any positions that I could fill here?" She addressed the person sitting behind the desk.
Kisha
Player

Words: 2098
Joined roleplay: May 24th, 2012, 8:16 am
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet

Postby Aris Kalathorn on May 30th, 2012, 3:32 am

Aris walked in to the employment office, wearing a basic cloak, a leather belt, cloth gloves, and baggy basic pants that were tucked into his boots. Under the cloak he had a shimmering long sword sheathed. With out pulling his hood back, he politely asked "Good sir, I've just arrived in the city. Do you think by chance that their would be any sort of work available?"
Aris Kalathorn
Paladin

Words: 1421
Joined roleplay: May 28th, 2012, 5:45 am
Race: Human

Postby Gaius Sivet on June 1st, 2012, 6:07 pm

1st Day, Summer, Year 512 AV

Gaius entered the Employment Office with a proud confidence. He's an Inartin Avora, the best and most skilled glass workers in the whole of the world, surely there would be a place for him among the cities glass works and merchants. They could hardly turn him away in good conscience.

Gaius threw back the hood of his Katinu and let his smoke grey eyes take in everything around him. He cleared his throat before speaking so that it could be assured someone would hear him. "I've come to find work as a glass worker. Is there anyone who could assist me?" he asked before falling silent and waiting for a reply.
Last edited by Gaius Sivet on June 7th, 2012, 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gaius Sivet
Player

Words: 48143
Joined roleplay: May 31st, 2012, 11:20 pm
Race: Human, Inarta
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Lenonrie on June 4th, 2012, 12:54 am

1rst of Summer 512 A.V.

Lenonrie had seemed to stumble upon the Employment office only by chance, being terrible with directions as she was, she did her best to heed the words the people described this place as. She really didn't even notice the building until she turned to her right, where it became blantantly obvious, that it was there and that she was totally blind.

Once she was inside, it was like a step by step process that didn't involve much thought at all. A few steps in she came upon a sign. "You don't have gainful employment," she read aloud, "That just won't do." She looked around. Ok. Walking through the doorway underneath, she was met with a smile immediately.

She tried not the show the slight intimidation. "Um," She smile back, trying not to beam as brightly as the secretary. "My name is Lenonrie. I need employment, anything will do, but I seem to enjoy being around the knights. Is there any employment in this town that would involve working with them or around them?"
Last edited by Lenonrie on June 10th, 2012, 10:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Lenonrie
To Hell With You. Here's To Me.

Words: 8775
Joined roleplay: November 23rd, 2011, 5:14 am
Race: Human
Character sheet

Postby Evora on June 4th, 2012, 11:42 am

1st Day of Summer, 512 AV

Evora made her way blindly to the Employment Offices. She hated not knowing a place, and told herself that at some point she would make a point of studying a map of Syliras, imprinting it her mind for future reference.

She entered a building and pushed past a few people. It seemed quiet full with people seeking work. Though Syliras was a big city, it had a larger population and was hungry for employment.

She pushed untill she was at the front desk. "I am in need of some honest work," she said in a firm blunt voice, "I can hunt, ride and am a fair glassblower. I am also a good shot with a long bow. Is there any need for a artist or a hand down in the yard?" she asked the help being the desk, hoping she didn't end up doing something distasteful.
Evora
Player

Words: 28949
Joined roleplay: May 6th, 2012, 3:19 pm
Race: Human, Inarta
Character sheet

Postby Chevalier on June 11th, 2012, 9:34 pm

Gaius

As Gaius walked into the Employment Office he could tell that the entire building had only recently become operational after the Djed storms. Bits of dust and stacks of stone and brick were still littered about the floor, and the finer furniture that had been busted or warped was replaced by hastily built replacements of a more modern variety. Still though, the same woman that could be found there previous was there even today. After the life she had lived, ther ewas little that could shake Trega from her duties. Now more than ever Syliras needed people with the desire to work for a living. Rebuilding and reinforcing what the castle city had worked for all these years took skilled craftsmen and strong wills.

"Glass working, is it? Well, Syliras does have quite the well stocked glass shop. The place you are looking for is Inner Fire Glass, run by Leena Holbrad. She's a Master of her art, but also quite...particular. There's no guarenteeing a place within her shop, unless say...you were able to impress or endear yourself to her, somehow." she replied. The Inartin people did have their fame in the realm, but Leena was a lone world in a world of glass. Even Trega could not remember the last time the fiery red-haired woman had taken an apprentice.

Lenonrie

Trega, the elder woman behind the desk, smiled, stiffling a slight chuckle. It was clear she wasn't meaning to insult Lenonrie, but she had to insist, "Well dear, if you enjoy working with the Knights, why not perhaps sign up as a Squire? You'll get quite the fill then, no?" the woman's hand fluttered playfully, showing her jest. "But I know the Knight's life isn't for everyone. But really you needn't go far to find a way to keep close with those men and women in this city. Knight's enjoy more than just the meals given to them by the Order, so you can always find them at The White Swan Inn or The Rearing Stallion. A young, charming girl could make quite a bit of coin there."

The life of a tavern server was often overlooked. It was as necessary as any other employment, but most importantly it was an excellent way to meet a variety of people and gain some meaningful connections. "Having recently reopened after the storms, I'm sure they're more than looking forward to restablishing a nice customer base. Oh, and if you enjoy working with animals there's also The Windmount Stables. They're responsible for the many fine mounts that carry and assist the Knighthood."
Chevalier
Knighted by Dusk

Words: 117750
Joined roleplay: December 12th, 2011, 6:50 am
Race: Staff account
Office

Postby Chevalier on June 14th, 2012, 11:26 pm

Meardre

"Hmm, at the Welcome Home you most likely won't find a bed, as it's reserved for the children and the woman whom runs it. For everyone's housing needs, the Traveler's Row is the place to go. They have single and double rooms in both simplistic and more elegant styles." Trega explained. Sadly Syliras was not known for having an abundance of space. Being the epicenter of the population, the city had to make due with what little area it had. Some chose to live outside of the walls, typically in the outposts to the North and South, but for everyone else it was a tight existance until they choose to stretch their legs within the Bronze Woods. So long as a Syliran Patrol was within sight.

"If you prefer to simply create and sell your own artistic wares, you might also try The Grand Bazaar. One would need to speak with Jerom Sendrick about renting stall space, but the bazaar is always filled with potential customer's if you have the goods." she quickly chose to add, bringing her fore and middle finger up to her head as she finally recalled the place.
Chevalier
Knighted by Dusk

Words: 117750
Joined roleplay: December 12th, 2011, 6:50 am
Office

Postby Meardre on June 15th, 2012, 6:42 pm

Meardre thought for a long moment, and then spoke again. "All right, I'll see what I can do. Thank you so very much for your time, miss. Wind be with you, miss," with that, she inched away from the table, and when she was far enough away to take to the air without disturbing the papers on Trega's desk, fluttered her wings and took off down the staircase.
Meardre
Painter of Dreams

Words: 4309
Joined roleplay: September 26th, 2010, 1:18 am
Race: Akvatari
Character sheet

Postby Templar on June 25th, 2012, 7:00 pm

Evora

Trega spotted the eager Inarta who made her way to in front of her desk. It had been a busy day and she was quite surprised to find another Inartan glassblower in front of her desk on the same day. She smiled to the eager Inarta.

"Honest work is the only work you will find in Syliras. We had another Inartan glassblower come in earlier. As I told him, we have a place called the Inner Fire Glass. It is run by a master glassblower called Leena Holbrad, but as I told the glassblower before you, you will have to impress her in order to become her apprentice. For she is not known for taking apprentices. So if you want to be a glassblower, feel free to contact her." She explained before pausing briefly. To let the information sink in, before she continued onto the subject of something else.

"That is if you want to try your hand at being a glassblower. However, the city could really use another bow out there, bringing in food for the city, so if you're a decent hunter, you could make a better living by hunting game and selling it to Dino Alban at The Butcher of Alban. He will give you a good price for any meat you bring to him."
Derp.
Templar
The Templar Knight!

Words: 23533
Joined roleplay: March 1st, 2011, 11:14 pm
Office

Postby Carney on July 11th, 2012, 5:47 pm

The first of summer, 412AV

Carney had found himself wandering around his new surroundings, getting his bearings. Thoughts went through his mind, he had had enough of sight seeing for the time being. It was time for him to find a job, and the one he wanted was one in the mine. He entered the Welcome Center and waited for his turn to be waited on. Once the priest called on him and asked him some questions Carney said, "I would like a job in the mines and I am staying here permanent. The name is Carney, I have some experience mining and know a little about geology." He then awaited the mans response.
Carney
Player

Words: 12235
Joined roleplay: June 21st, 2012, 5:30 pm
Race: Akalak
Character sheet

PreviousNext