A hunting we will go![Apple]

Rykanis goes out for a hunt, and meets a new hunting partner.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Built into the cliffs overlooking the Suvan Sea, Riverfall resides on the edge of grasslands of Cyphrus where the Bluevein River plunges off the plain and cascades down to the inland sea below. Home of the Akalak, Riverfall is a self-supporting city populated by devoted warriors. [Riverfall Codex]

Postby Rykanis Dakshata on June 5th, 2012, 12:49 pm

Rykanis nearly rolled his eyes, as the woman jumped upon his hand gesture... He was about ready to send out his hand to grab and steady her... But no, she had gotten her balance.

He was not sure what was with her, but really, he had expected a bit more professionalism from her... But what could you really expect from these humans? They were so immature...

Of course, his other side had taken over... His main side did not like sitting for long periods of time... This side was more cold and neutral, ready to do what they came for... Not to mess around... And he had thought he could learn from her... Well maybe he still could...

Soon enough though, she had drawn her bow, and readied an arrow... There it was... She seemed to be alert and ready once more, after her initial jumpiness...

He looked at what he supposed was a deer... Though with his infravision, it was a bit hard to make out subtle details... He would slowly withdraw it, using his normal eyes, to get a look, now that he knew it was there... In time to hear it snarl.

What was that? But before this thought could carry on, his companion seemed to explode, her bow flinging, her popping in the opposite direction off of her branch, to land on the ground pack first... It would not be good if there was something pointy or hard in there... And then her bow, which smacked her face... She seemed very jumpy...

Rykanis slipped off of the branch, to dangle as long as he could, which with his full height, was not to far from the ground. But he dropped the short distance, letting the fall drop him into a crouch. Then he got back up, and made his way over to Apple... Keeping an eye out for the deer...

He responded to her, in his neutral voice, with almost no inflection, no anger or fear... Just, plain simple speech.

"Yes... I had figured, if anything, it was not a normal deer... Though it might still be a deer, albeit a altered one... It is a bit hard to say lately... What there is remaining to hunt, seems the more vicious for it..."

As she had eyed the tracks... He had wondered...

"Can you track it? I suppose we should if you can do so... Meat is meat. And it seemed mostly deer... And I suppose there would be someone who would not mind having it... I am fairly certain that we can kill it, if we work together."
-You can't truly appreciate the light, until you spend some time experiencing darkness...

-The more you know, the more you learn how little you truly know, and how much there is left to learn.

-Only when you truly understand the darkness, will you not fear it.
Rykanis Dakshata
Player

Words: 248966
Joined roleplay: March 21st, 2012, 2:10 am
Race: Akalak
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Gossamer on October 1st, 2012, 8:46 am

Character: Rykanis
Experience: Observation +1, Socialization +1, Leadership +1, Hunting +2
Lore: Identifying When Your Being Followed. Confronting Strangers. Realizing When Someone Is Trying To Manipulate You. Being Patient While Hunting. Expecting the Unexpected

Additional Note: This was a simple thread where Rykanis focused more on his partner than actually on hunting. It was longer but I’d love to have given you more hunting, but there just wasn’t enough detail in the hunt. Otherwise entertaining thread. I could feel Rykanis’ frustration at Apple.
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6357513
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Previous