Change in Plans! (Solo)

Talulah overhears a conversation that makes her decide to travel elsewhere.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

Change in Plans! (Solo)

Postby Talulah on June 18th, 2012, 7:38 pm

11th Day of Summer, 512 AV. Around the 9th bell.

Talulah yawned and stretched as she woke up, sitting up and reaching over to grab her backpack. She rummaged through it and grabbed her brush, impatiently pulling through her hair. She stood as she brushed her hair and left her tent, for she had decided she would rather sleep in her tent beside the stable with her horse than in a room, to check on Jewel.

Jewel knickered as Talulah walked in and she smiled at her horse. "Hi girl." she said softly, setting her brush down as she got out the last of the knots. Jewel nuzzled her hand as she stroked the mare's cheek and smiled at the Strider. "I know you wanna get out and run Jewel. I promise, we won't stay here much longer."

Talulah left the stable and returned her brush to her tent before walking into the lounge area. She wandered among the people eating and talking to hear the latest news and gossip. As she passed a table where two burly men were seated, she overheard the words "quest" and "Syliras" in common.

Talulah turned right around and asked the men politely, "What kinda quest? Is it dangerous?" The men glared at her and looked her up and down. The one on the right said, "Forget it girly, go back to your Momma and finish sewing."

Talulah glared at the man and punched him in the nose as hard as she could. He fell out of his chair holding his nose, blood leaking out of his fingers. "She broke meh nobe!" he said in a slurred voice. She just smirked and looked down at the man. "Not so weak, am I?" she with a grin and turned around to go to the counter. She dug into her pockets and put four silver Mizas on the counter. "For my horse's stay in the stables." She said simply and left the Inn to pack up.
Last edited by Talulah on June 30th, 2012, 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
They say stubborness...

...Is a curse...

Text
"Common"
"Pavi"
"Thinking"
Talulah
Player

Words: 29551
Joined roleplay: May 24th, 2012, 4:18 pm
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Change in Plans! (Solo)

Postby Talulah on June 19th, 2012, 10:32 pm

Talulah went outside and immediatly started taking her tent down. Then she remembered that she hadn't taken anything out of the tent and crawled in the half taken apart tent. She pulled out all her stuff and put it away neatly but quickly in the saddlebags. Jewel watched as she walked to and from the stabls with growing restlessness, even more eager to be out now that she knew she would be soon.

When Talulah finally finished packing and opened the stall, someone stomped into the stable. She turned to look to see who it was as she mounted Jewel and realized that it was the companion of the man she'd punched. The man looked angry but Talulah didn't give him a chance to speak, in case he was there to get revenge. "Go Jewel!" she yelled and nearly fell off as the horse shot forward, the man jumping out of the way just in time.
Last edited by Talulah on June 30th, 2012, 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
They say stubborness...

...Is a curse...

Text
"Common"
"Pavi"
"Thinking"
Talulah
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Change in Plans! (Solo)

Postby Talulah on June 20th, 2012, 5:45 pm

Talulah heard people yelling at her as Jewel galloped away but didn't look back. Not until they had ridden through the same mountain pass they had entered the city in. Then, Talulah slowed the panting horse and looked back with a sigh. "I wanted to see the world...to discover more of the world! But I guess that'll have to wait...I have another quest to do!" she thought with a determined grin.

Talulah dismounted, took off Jewel's saddlebags, and let the Strider graze while she checked her supplies. "Hmm...I probably will have to hunt most of this trip because my supplies wont last that long..." she cursed under her breath and shook her head. "I guess Father was right. I do need to know how to use a bow! I better go back into the city and get one though..."

She sighed and led Jewel to a tree then put her saddlebags back on after taking most of the money out and putting it in her pocket. "Jewel, you stay here." she said firmly. "Trample anyone who comes near you." The horse snorted and shook its head as though saying, "I'm fine!" Talulah just rolled her eyes, patted Jewel's flank, and started walking back to Zeltiva.
Last edited by Talulah on June 30th, 2012, 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
They say stubborness...

...Is a curse...

Text
"Common"
"Pavi"
"Thinking"
Talulah
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Change in Plans! (Solo)

Postby Talulah on June 28th, 2012, 5:19 pm

Talulah walked back to Zeltiva with her head down, hoping no one would recognize her as the girl who had galloped through the mountain pass twice. When people did seem to recognize her or take a second glance at her, she smiled sheepishly at them and continued walking. She made sure not to pass the Inn she had stayed at and went towards the docks instead. She stopped for a moment to stare in awe at the vast ocean, one the things rising out of it, before shaking her head and walking again.

It took her a while but she finally found someplace that sold weapons. She frowned at the price of the shortbow but decided to just take it. She wasn't in the mood to linger and haggle. She bought the shortbow and 100 arrows, because she knew that because she was a bad shot she would need them. She put the money on the counter and left the shop running, eager to begin her journey.
Last edited by Talulah on June 30th, 2012, 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
They say stubborness...

...Is a curse...

Text
"Common"
"Pavi"
"Thinking"
Talulah
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Change in Plans! (Solo)

Postby Talulah on June 29th, 2012, 5:20 pm

"Hey girly!" A man shouted at Talulah as she passed him. She froze for a second, recognizing the voice as that of the friend of the man she punched. She heard him laugh atat her reaction to his voice and he said, "What? Not so brave without your horse eh?" She clenched her fists on the bow and bundle of arrows but kept walking, gritting her teeth. "Must control my temper...I can't afford to waste arrows." she thought to herself.

Unfortunately, the man followed her all the way to the mountain pass before giving up and going back, taunting her the entire time. She was shaking with fury when she reached Jewel, undoing the clasp on the saddlebag with difficulty due to her shaking hands. Talulah put the arrows in the bag and cut off a small piece of rope so she could tie the bow securely and safely to the saddlebag.
They say stubborness...

...Is a curse...

Text
"Common"
"Pavi"
"Thinking"
Talulah
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Change in Plans! (Solo)

Postby Talulah on July 2nd, 2012, 7:55 pm

Talulah sighed softly as she got on her horse and patted her flank. The Strider turned to look at her as though asking, "Where are we going?" and Talulah pointed toward the road that went straight from Zeltiva to Syliras. Jewel started towards it at a lazy trot but sped up when Talulah dug her heels into her side.

The petite girl leaned forward and wrapped her arms around the Jewel's neck with another small sigh. "This is our life now, Jewel. Travelling from city to city, not knowing how long we'll stay there or where we'll go next." She sat up and rubbed her eyes, urging the horse to go faster. "Or when our next meal will be or how we'll earn the money to pay for it." She glanced fondly in the direction of Endrykas then shook her head to clear the thoughts from it.

Talulah turned her attention to the journey ahead and, not knowing how long she would have to get to Syliras in time, decided to ride as fast as she could towards her destination. "It'll push Jewel to her limits, because she would ride night and day with little rest, but it will be worth it.

I hope..."
They say stubborness...

...Is a curse...

Text
"Common"
"Pavi"
"Thinking"
Talulah
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Change in Plans! (Solo)

Postby Paragon on July 13th, 2012, 10:21 pm

Adventurer's Loot

Talulah's Loot :
Talulah

Skill XP Reward
Unarmed Combat +1
Riding +1

Lore: Not to be Trifled With, A Quick Escape on Horseback, Leaving Zeltiva

Items or Consequences: - 35 GMs for Shortbow and 100 Arrows

Nice short thread - remember to indicate on your CS which skills are part of your starting package (SP) and which are from (XP), and also to deduct the 35 Gold Mizas from your ledger - if you have ANY questions or concerns about this grading, don't hesitate to PM me.
Paragon
The Gordian Knot

Words: 448583
Joined roleplay: December 1st, 2011, 8:55 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 4
Featured Contributor (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)