Fight furries with furries[Dex]

Rykanis tries to get Dex's aid for one of his jobs.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Built into the cliffs overlooking the Suvan Sea, Riverfall resides on the edge of grasslands of Cyphrus where the Bluevein River plunges off the plain and cascades down to the inland sea below. Home of the Akalak, Riverfall is a self-supporting city populated by devoted warriors. [Riverfall Codex]

Postby Rykanis Dakshata on August 6th, 2012, 12:51 am

1 Summer 512

This kelvic was not the easiest person to find. He had looked around a bit, but was having some issues. It had been a decent bit since he had that ill-fated attempt at using himself as bait, and had finally decided to enlist his aid on this job... But rats? Really? Rats? It was just weird. If it had not happened to him, he would not believe it...

So he had set off to find him. First he looked in the last place he had gone after him, his home as Syrah called it. But that had proved unfruitful. Next he had gone by to see Syrah, to see if she knew were he was, but she had no clue.

But he had finally gotten a bit out of her, after convincing her he did not want to harm him, and found out his job was at the library.

So that was were he was headed, looking for him. Once there, he walked in, loudly asking for the kelvic, to see if he was there. Perhaps he would hear him and come out. Or if he was not so lucky, he might hear him, and assume he was hunting him, and make a run for it... Well in that case, he might have to chase him down... Which would not be a lot of fun...

"Hello, I am looking for a kelvic that works here. Turns into a long furry tube thing... Has anyone seen him?"
-You can't truly appreciate the light, until you spend some time experiencing darkness...

-The more you know, the more you learn how little you truly know, and how much there is left to learn.

-Only when you truly understand the darkness, will you not fear it.
Rykanis Dakshata
Player

Words: 248966
Joined roleplay: March 21st, 2012, 2:10 am
Race: Akalak
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Dex on August 6th, 2012, 11:26 pm

Dex heard a loud and especially familiar shout bellow throughout the library. Within a second he knew exactly who'd stopped in. Unfortunately, he was currently wedged in between some stone working and wood bracing in the wall. It was going to take a little bit to get out of this.

The librarian clerk was currently managing the front desk, a tall akalak with glasses organizing a group of books in a cart. He turned as Rykanis entered, studying him intently.

"Yes, we have a kelvic at work here. Why do you ask for such a kelvic?"

Dex rarely has intentional thoughts
but Dex always has something to say

Names: John, Lewis
Dex
Lots of shiny things for me

Words: 91565
Joined roleplay: April 14th, 2012, 6:15 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Rykanis Dakshata on August 8th, 2012, 2:09 am

A Akalak librarian? Truly an odd sight. Rykanis took a moment to take in the sight, and its oddity, before answering. Truly, when one thought of big tough blue Akalaks, sorting and filing books did not come to mind. Perhaps this one had failed some trial or other, and had ended up doing this... He certainly could not imagine what he had done to be punished such.

Though being fair, he supposed there might be people who actually enjoyed such work. Perhaps who loved books enough to devote such time to it. Perhaps this Akalak was one of those such odd people, who did enjoy it.

But coming back to the topic in question, Rykanis finally answered, a small smile on his face.

"I had been looking for him, and had heard word that he works here... I well... I need his help in an endeavor... A bit of something I have to deal with... And his particular skills and form would be an asset in this situation."

This was true, though as always, Rykanis skated about things, not really giving much of a straight answer. Perhaps it was due to his training as a spy, but such things were natural to him now. He did not even have to consciously change his response anymore, it just happened automatically.

"So if he is available, I would like to acquire him for a bit of work... He does owe me some favors. It is due time for me to cash one in."
-You can't truly appreciate the light, until you spend some time experiencing darkness...

-The more you know, the more you learn how little you truly know, and how much there is left to learn.

Rykanis Dakshata
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Dex on August 8th, 2012, 2:52 am

This akalak was one of those few who were actually interested in the knowledge of things. While generally looked down by other akalaks who were in love with the physical activities, the librarian was older in life, and even when younger was more in love with knowledge than those physical activities, trying to figure out life.

"We have a kelvic here. I'll ring for him, if he's not on his way already. We do ask that you pay us his daily wage to cover the time you are borrowing him from his job."

Dex had just managed to scrabble and chew his way out of the wedged in space. Working his way back through the wall from a rat nest, he made his way up the wall supports out of the wall into the library area. Making his way down one of the aisles, he cautiously poked his head out around the corner.

Yep. Definitely big blue Rykanis. Who would have thought it.

He slowly creeped forward toward the desk, hoping Rykanis wasn't trying to squish him again for some reason. Dex never could understand what he did that made Rykanis mad, it just did. Maybe Rykanis just doesn't like ferrets. Or maybe he had found the poop from when Dex was in his house that one time, and didn't like ferret poop smell. Dex thought it smelled ok, but not as great as rats.

Dex

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Rykanis Dakshata on August 19th, 2012, 9:03 pm

Really, in some ways, these two Akalaks were a bit in common. Both were not the standard overly physical Akalak, all about combat and battle. While that was a small aspect of this half of Rykanis, there was much more to him. He usually preferred to solve things through his mind, or manipulation. Though usually on his own... And he certainly respected the man for the knowledge the books held...

Perhaps if he did not work in a library, were the secrets of the tomes were open to the public, Rykanis would get him better. For that was the bit he was really hung up on, and could not get, which the librarian had in common with most people... People so willing to divulge information to others, when it could be kept and stored... Which was so unlike Rykanis. So if nothing else, the reason he looked down upon the man, had nothing to do with his less than physical job, as would be the reason most would judge him on.

Smiling at the man, he simply pondered for a moment, at hearing his response. Paying for the kelvic, to cash in one of his favors owed? That was just silly. He was the one spending a favor, so why should he pay for that. But keeping his smile on his face, he nicely answered, though probably not in the way it would be expected.

"Ah, I am sure that will not be necessary. If something must be paid, I am sure the kelvic would be more than willing to cover the cost of himself. After all, I am giving him the chance to pay off one of the favors he owes me. Or you could simply not pay him for the day. Whichever works best really."

Smiling, he finished, a completely serious look on his face, clearly not joking in what he said, and it making complete sense to him, and something he was firm upon.

Looking over, he saw the kelvic trying to stealthily approach, and grinned at him, a fake smile on his face, though one rather convincing. He was quite good at pretending to smile, and making it look good, simply thinking of something else pleasant at the time, to derive the smile from that memory instead of something going on.

"Ah kelvic. There you are... I told you I needed to know your name, as it makes it quite hard to track you down and speak of you without knowing how to address you."

Passing over his eyes, after a quick glance at the librarian, he spoke to the kelvic, his tone a bit more serious.

"Regardless, I am cashing in one of the favors you owe me, from previous events. I am on a particular case, and looking for something. And you could possibly help me to track it back to its source, and to gather the full story. Perhaps we could go somewhere, to talk alone."

Rykanis Dakshata
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Dex on August 28th, 2012, 10:39 pm

Dex squeaked repeatedly in response to Rykanis, bending his body in an up and down position signalling agreement. With a quick movement, he made his way across the floor to the offices behind the counter, entering one of the front office-type rooms.

A flash of light shined out, and Dex took a moment to put on a set of outdoor clothes that he'd had to provide in case something required him going outside in human form. They were a simple affair, a white, light fabric that was loose against his body, letting air in and letting him move around freely, sown into a shirt and pants. He walked out, his bare feet making the smallest sounds on the floor, in his human form, wearing a grin.

"Hiya Rykanis! What do we get to do? Do I get shiny things?"

Dex

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Gossamer on October 14th, 2012, 9:41 pm

Character: Rykanis
Experience: +1 Observation, +1 Tracking, +1 Interrogation, +1 Leadership
Lore: Kelvics are basically worthless.

Character: Dex
Experience: +1 Observation, +1 Evasion
Lore: Rykanis is always mad.

Additional Note: Obviously incomplete. I could have graded more if it had gotten off the ground. Nice job Rykanis. I love to see your grumpy side. Sorry Dex, not much here to award you with.
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6357513
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)