A New City, a New Way of Life (Scorn)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Considered one of the most mysterious cities in Mizahar, Alvadas is called The City of Illusions. It is the home of Ionu and the notorious Inverted. This city sits on one of the main crossroads through The Region of Kalea.

Postby Mirage on August 7th, 2012, 12:52 am

Continued from The Sanity Center

Rubbing the last bit of sleep from her eyes Serenity stared at the Zith, her mouth gaping a moment as she tried to find the words to say. Finally, clearing her throat she sat up in her chair, shuffling some papers nervously as she did all that she could to avoid looking at the creature before her,
"U-um... M-my, oh y-yes of course. Of course of course Miss... S-scorn was it?"

Casting a nervous glance at Scorn she quickly returned to her shuffling, "Y-you are in the city of Alvadas, the realm of Ionu God of Illusions." Clearing her throat once more Serenity made to appear more calm and in control, finally setting down the stack of papers to look up at the one who would ask her questions, "Th-this is the Sanity Center, a place where you can receive information on the city and its job and housing opportunities."
Mirage
Truth is never certain

Words: 1231300
Joined roleplay: January 5th, 2012, 8:47 am
Race: Staff account
Office
Medals: 4
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)

Postby Scorn on August 7th, 2012, 1:58 am

Most of the words the woman spoke to describe Scorn's current location meant nothing to the Zith. But...housing? House...that word that meant shelter. That was why she had approached this strange square cave. "Yes. I require shelter. Find me shelter in this made place and you may have use beyond being my next meal."

What else had she said? Job? That word in Common meant the tasks each member of the colony had to do to keep the colony alive and earn their share of the meat. Usually, "job" meant hunting. But there was no colony here.

Was there? Her Zith family was far behind her now. But here were being thriving in a relatively safe community... Had she simply stumbled upon a new kind of colony? If that were the case, she might not be able to just demand whatever she wanted on the assumption that these creatures feared her.

"This...'job.' I hunt for you, in exchange for shelter and my share of the kill. Yes?"
"Dialogue in italics is in Zithanese."
"Dialogue in normal font is in Common."
Scorn
Innocent, in the Worst Sense of the Word

Words: 98516
Joined roleplay: June 9th, 2012, 6:16 pm
Race: Zith
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1
Kalinor Seasonal Challenge (1)

Postby Mirage on August 12th, 2012, 9:27 pm

Serenity cleared her throat, shuffling her papers and stacking them neatly to the side before she spoke again, "Um, I suppose that is one way to look at it yes. Here in Alvadas we provide funding to those who do a task within the city. These tasks range anywhere from book keeping to vendors in the Bazzar."The woman seemed to be getting used to the strange broken language of the Zith, though her eyes were still wary as she continued, "You say you are a hunter yes? Perhaps you can find one of the local meat vendors who will pay you to bring in fresh supplies?"
Mirage
Truth is never certain

Words: 1231300
Joined roleplay: January 5th, 2012, 8:47 am
Race: Staff account
Office
Medals: 4
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)

Postby Scorn on August 27th, 2012, 1:37 am

"Meat...vendor," she said slowly, trying out the word on her tongue. She had no notion of the meaning, but if this "vendor" would give her shelter and a share of the kill in exchange for meat, she would find it.

"This 'vendor' will provide me shelter in exchange for meat? Tell me where to find it." Scorn could have spent bells trying to find the vendor with nothing more to go on than a name and possibly the scent of meat, but she was smarter than that. She could ask for directions, if necessary.
"Dialogue in italics is in Zithanese."
"Dialogue in normal font is in Common."
Scorn
Innocent, in the Worst Sense of the Word

Words: 98516
Joined roleplay: June 9th, 2012, 6:16 pm
Race: Zith
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1
Kalinor Seasonal Challenge (1)