Flashback Stranger

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

Stranger

Postby Andaras on January 3rd, 2013, 8:46 pm

Syliras
10th Winter 511

"Anything. Anything at all. You must have something for me." Orpheus sighed wearily and disheartened. He felt greatly out of place among the plethora of people who were searching for work and directions at the Welcome Centre and Employment Office. A rich husband and wife were here visiting, looking for a place to stay. Orpheus noted that their voices, their clothes, their appearance, even their aroma tainted with the pungent smell of expensive perfume screamed authority and prosperity. There were also the remarkably poor searching for jobs to keep themselves from living on the street. Orpheus believed he was neither; with a fine but mildly tarnished sword on his back, a simple yet elegant linen shirt and coin purse filled with several hundred gold mizas it was still more valuable than what many possessed.

The official gently shook her head. "Sorry, I tried my best but I couldn't find anything. i'll make sure that if we find anything that might fit your... qualifications we'll send it your way." Orpheus sighed, forced a smile and gave a nod. He turned about and left the building in a dispassionate and fatigued state. He was searching for work. Something that fitted his skill set yet even in the capital he couldn't find any. Maybe he had set his expectations too high; he had only arrived at the city an hour or two ago. Orpheus noted the infamous Syliran Knights patrolling the streets, keeping a vigilant and protective gaze over the city and its populace.

Orpheus wandered the streets for a little while contemplating on what he should do. He was not looking for any job, pride and principle forbade such a thing; he was searching for an occupation that required the skills he possessed. The fresh air, new location and mild exercise had cleared his mind. He decided to go back to the Welcome Centre. He had no idea where to start but somebody must. If not he'd simply ask where the nearby tavern or brothel was or anywhere indeed where he could throw some money away.
Andaras
Player

Words: 4208
Joined roleplay: December 11th, 2012, 4:30 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet