Closed Silent Combat (Ximal)

A fight in which the combatant barely speaks.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Known as the Celestial Seat, Nyka is a religious city in Northern Sylira. Ruled by four demigods and traversed by a large crevice, the monk-city is both mystical and dangerous. [Lore]

Silent Combat (Ximal)

Postby Sha'kar on March 19th, 2013, 9:30 pm

Day 40 of Spring, 513 AV - Warfields

Sha sat on his toes, his weight place on his heels as he looked about him. He was in the warfields, a labyrinth in which he often found himself in. The clearing he sat in was wet, the sky having let loose its anger upon the city.

His hand rested on the hilt of one of his blades, placed in the ground to act as a post to keep his balance as he sat. The rest of which hung by his waist within the cloak that he had pulled tightly about his body. His blue eyes stood out in the mask that covered his face, only those who wished to fight would see him, or those who wished to make allies. Sullen was his mood, wet was his clothing, and boring was the moment.

The day had been uneventful for him. His blades were clean, and his clothes were whole without a mark except for that of the rain. No damage done and no damage taken, a poor shape for a day of waiting.
Last edited by Sha'kar on March 20th, 2013, 6:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Age may wither the stone, and it may shatter will, but I will stand tall till the end.

"Uphis guide my hand and keep my blade beneath your sway"

Vocal cord damage - Odd rasping hoarse voice
Sha'kar
Player

Words: 11980
Joined roleplay: March 16th, 2013, 8:53 pm
Race: Eypharian
Character sheet

Silent Combat (Ximal)

Postby Ximal on March 19th, 2013, 9:47 pm

Rain. The downpour flowed and set to work dousing the warfields with it's tumbling tears from the heavens. Xi stepped forth from the depths of the labyrinthine, his mask upon his face the dark black wood helping hide his face, the brown cloak of his masking his from as he stepped from the shadows like a avenging apparition, a demon with cold hard blue eyes. The mask not hindering his vision due to it's special design. Xi strode forth from the blackness of the darkened labyrinthine, brown cloak soaked and steel covering his hands and feet. Silence befell the area as Xi gazed upon the man before him. An ephyrian, so they were in this city as well. and this one wielded four swords. Xi's cold hard eye's glared at the man before him, the aura of intimidation leeching of of him and feeding his imposing presence. Xi tilted his head lightly before standing opposite his foe. In the warfields you din't question who yo fought . You just fought them and moved on.

"Common" "Myrian" "Nari"
Ximal
No man is free

Words: 949188
Joined roleplay: March 26th, 2012, 9:44 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Overlored (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Silent Combat (Ximal)

Postby Sha'kar on March 19th, 2013, 10:46 pm

Sha stood up, this man before him was massive. He seemed unarmed yet his body radiated with some threatening aura. Sha smiled under his mask pulling the cloak from his body and dropping it on the rain soaked ground, the mask following it as he brandished a blade in each of his four hands.

The smile still kept in full and as he stared at the man. Taller than him by mere inches yet still so imposing as to give him slight pause at pulling his weapon. He stood there for a moment before beginning a slow circling motion to the left. Going about a quarter around the man before coming forward. He pulled his lower left blade up towards the mans side, his upper right blade being pulled down towards the mans shoulder. The lower right blade being flipped around to use the pommel in a strike under the mans ribs, and the upper left keeping back to be pulled in at a moments notice.
Last edited by Sha'kar on March 20th, 2013, 6:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Age may wither the stone, and it may shatter will, but I will stand tall till the end.

Sha'kar
Player

Character sheet

Silent Combat (Ximal)

Postby Ximal on March 19th, 2013, 11:16 pm

Xi peered at his foe, his mas still affixed via the simple straps at the back of his head. His vision unblocked and clear as anything. As the man before him threw off his cloak Xi took a deep breath keeping his hands in his formless stance ready to move at a moment's notice. Xi watched the multi armed man hesitate for a moment before drawing his swords. Xi's intimidation effects were getting stronger. Xi watched his now would be opponent try to fight him. drawing four blades at once. This would be interesting, Xi took a deep breath ans swallowed behind his mask. The face of impassiveness and the cold glare betraying nothing. Then the swing. One to the left then a second from the right aimed at his shoulder followed by a fourth pommel strike. Xi took a half step back to let the first left blow come sailing past , before sliding to the right to diode the second chop from the right and then dancing back around to the left. Xi's turn to respond. Bringing his own armoured hand and forearm down on his opponent's right upper wrist he attempted to break his grip on the sword, as the impact would connect Xi would the bring his elbow into play and hit the lower right wrist to knock that sword out of his grip. Then Xi's left hand would swing into play simultaneously striking a sharp blow to his liver once, and then a second time. before taking a sharp blow to the eyph's kidney and sweeping his legs out from beneath him using his right arm as a pressing point and the eyph's hips as a fulcrum. If the foe was not disarmed then the other strikes would go on. And if all or none of his blows hit Xi would still take a large step back and away from his multi armed opponent to crate room to help dodge those four razors of death.

"Common" "Myrian" "Nari"
Ximal
No man is free

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Silent Combat (Ximal)

Postby Sha'kar on March 19th, 2013, 11:54 pm

The first strike removed his blade from his upper right hand, the second almost ripping the lower blade from his grasp as well. He kept a fast hold of the lower blade as the other strikes rang off. The first three causing Sha's eyes to grow wide as pain shot through him. He was taken to the floor by the final attack, the force removing the air from his lungs as he tried to get to his feet.

He pulled himself to his feet, his breath labored and his legs shaking. He was skilled, with those few strikes he had disarmed one of his hands and taken him to the floor. He held the remaining three swords in his lower and upper left as well as lower right hands. Then he felt it, warm on the edge of his lip, he lifted his free arm to wipe it away, and his eyes widened. Blood, he was bleeding already. His eyes narrowed as he turned his attention back to this enemy.

He dashed forward his legs hitting the ground in a vain effort to propel him forward quickly. He swung his blades wide and wildly at the man. The first swing coming from his lower right at the mans lower leg, the second coming from his lower left at the mans side, and the third coming from the upper lefts cleave at the right side of the mans neck.
Last edited by Sha'kar on March 20th, 2013, 7:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sha'kar
Player

Character sheet

Silent Combat (Ximal)

Postby Ximal on March 20th, 2013, 12:15 am

Xi took a slow breath letting his opponent rise from the ground. round one went to Xi and that was signalled by the trickle of blood leaving the corner of the man's mouth. Xi took a moment to compose himself as well, next would come an onslaught and he knew it. He could see the fury in this m,an's eye's now. Xi remained stoic and stony behind his mask. Then came the rush. Xi saw the man spike up onto his feet and sprint towards him. Xi drew a deep breath focusing his mind. rage left opening's if he could spot them then he'd be fine and his foe in real trouble. There! As the man swung Xi stepped into the personal space of him. His left hand blocked the lower right slash by grabbing hold of this man's lower right arm, right hand blocking the slash from the upper left hand in the same manner. And finally his foot kicked into the wrist of the lower left arm. xi was determined to disarm him completely. Xi then used his face mask to head-butt the man before him the hard wood smashed into bone and cartilage breaking his nose before Xi drove his left and right fist first into the two remaining sword wielding arm's biceps, to know the swords loose. then Xi planted his free for before driving his still planted leg into the man's stomach with the force of a stampeding elephant. if that didn't cause this man to loose his breakfast nothing would. The Xi leapt back out of range in case he decided to try a blind swing at Xi with his one free arm.

"Common" "Myrian" "Nari"
Ximal
No man is free

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Silent Combat (Ximal)

Postby Sha'kar on March 20th, 2013, 12:41 am

The blades fell away from Sha, the strikes leaving him wide eyed as he took a step back before collapsing to his knees. Blood flowed freely from his nose as the objects within his stomach were thrown onto the floor. He wiped the bits from his mouth and looked up to keep the blood from flowing down his face. He smiled, this fight had been what he had waited for, even though it appeared to be turning out in the other mans favor.

He reached for one of the fallen blades taking it in one hand and using it to lift himself back to his feet. Throwing it aside as he regained his balance. He focused on his left leg, pumping djed into it before dashing forward, one leg propelling him forward as he pulled his right arms back. He felt something snap but ignored the pain as he pumped as much djed as he could muster into his right upper side the arms snapping forward as he came into range of the man. The upper fist aiming at the mans face and the lower aiming below the mans ribs.
Last edited by Sha'kar on March 20th, 2013, 6:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sha'kar
Player

Character sheet

Silent Combat (Ximal)

Postby Ximal on March 20th, 2013, 12:51 am

Xi took a small breath as he watched the man rise from the ground again. Shaking his head Xi pepped himself and took a deep breath. The the man snapped forwards with a speed Xi couldn't describe. Flux...Gods damnit! Xi cursed inwardly and watched the man lift one of his arms to throw at Xi in a vicious blow. But Xi had the advantage here. No he'd stop this NOW. With a slow breath Xi spoke slowly his djed rocketing off to where it needed to be. He had more practice at this from the clumsy way the man had leapt at him and from the sickening snap Xi could tell something was wrong. Xi closed himself off from it. Xi spoke as quietly as he could. "the daggers of an angry rain...Arrow black." Helping to centre his mind and then he felt it. the djed surge exactly where it needed to be. Xi's eye's flashed with calm reluctance but he needed to stop this before this man spun out of control. Xi ducked won twisting his body in tune with this move. First abdomen, second shoulders, third wrist. And then, the connection. Coupled with this man's propulsion forwards this hit was really going to hurt his opponent. Sinking his fist hard into the four armed man's gut. Xi had only put enough djed in to double the speed of his punch not increase the strength. Though the impact left his hand throbbing with pain.

"Common" "Myrian" "Nari"
Ximal
No man is free

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Silent Combat (Ximal)

Postby Sha'kar on March 20th, 2013, 1:08 am

The air left Sha's body upon impact, his eyes widening as the impact registered. Blood being pulled from his body intot he open air from his mouth. His body was slung back, he was sent sliding on the floor until friction stopped him, leaving him on the ground his face twisted as the pain subsided.

He pulled himself up as a new pain entered, he had snapped a tendon. The pain in his foot made him squint as he found one of his blades and propped himself up, sitting in the position he was in before all this, but with the tendon snapped leg straight forward. He laughed, the fight had been wonderful, but now he couldn't go on.

He smiled as he turned his gaze back to the man. He was a true warrior, his skills far above the unpracticed Eypharians's own. His hunger was sated for now. His blades lie in different places about the clearing, his mask in cloak in the same rain soaked pile. If he didn't want to ruin the greatness of the silence he would have said thank you to the towering man.

Sha'kar
Player

Character sheet

Silent Combat (Ximal)

Postby Balderdash on May 22nd, 2013, 6:29 pm

Delicious rewards! Happy days and jubilation!

Sha'kar :
Skill XP Awarded
Observation 1
Weapon: Broadsword 2
Tactics 2
Flux 2
Unarmed Combat 1

Lores: Bare-fisted Scary Person Ximal, Fists Hurt Bad!, Blocking With Your Face Doesn't Work, Overgiving: Flux

Items and Consequences: Hooray! Sprains! The tendon will heal on its own over the course of sixty days. Thirty with medical attention.

I see that you too aren't a fan of fluff. This is pleasing, if only to justify my crippling laziness. ;)

Ximal :
Skill XP Awarded
Intimidation 1
Unarmed Combat 3
Flux 1
Observation 1

Lores: Eypharians Are Real!, Unarmed Technique: Disarm via Impact, The Proper Technique For Four-Arms Dispatching

Items and Consequences: Nil

Getting better Xi! I enjoyed this combat thread quite a bit. :) Keep up the good work!

A fun little thread. Short, sweet, no bullshyke. Like good scotch. I am a pleased... Whatever the hell I am.

If you have any questions or concerns about this grade, please PM me. A happy you is a happy Balderdash!

Balderdash
Not Entirely Rubbish

Words: 201561
Joined roleplay: September 25th, 2012, 5:40 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 1
Trailblazer (1)