Closed Where does it hurt? (Aidara)

Darren find a way to drag Addy in his life if only for a day

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The westernmost tip of Kalea, Wind Reach is home to an amazing group of people and their giant eagle mounts. [Lore]

Where does it hurt? (Aidara)

Postby Darren on May 5th, 2013, 10:42 am

True love at first sight. Darren knew it existed within the first few moments of seeing that beautiful shape. The Vantha found himself in front of the infirmary of Wind Reach with a heavy burden on shoulders and chest. Looking for relief from being away from his new found love Darren dropped his 'gifts' near the mouth of Wind Reach's hospital. Lingering for a moment what looked to be nerves willed Darren away as ran off at a full sprint.

Ever since he came to Wind Reach Darren had to put up with the odd mannerisms of the Inarta people. Those unnerving piercing stares along with their shrill language worked in union to share similar characteristics with the raptors they keep company with. The prideful Whitevine found it difficult to make his own name known when so many vibrant redheads seemed to share his enthusiasm for being the best.

Darren made his way away from the Infirmary in record time having back to do what he truly loved. In the past few seasons the Whitevine consciously avoided fights with the people of SkyInarta but as of today that was going to change. Darren had found a way to express himself through fighting once more. Slowling down as he turned the next curve five more chimes and he would be back where he was barely one bell ago.

The fighting pit was the perfect place for the Vantha to show off his skills. In comparison to fighting against an Inartan with a Talon sword Darren did not mind fighting more Inarta if they it meant that they would be unarmed. The bouts seemed to be in good enough spirits in any case. A chance to go all out and show off his more fervant side. In the odd case he beat someone too hard he would have to just take a walk up the mountain and drop them off in the Infirmary. Granted he was only here for a day but he assumed how this place worked. Stretching slightly Darren issued another challenge to those willing to fight today. By the end of the afternoon Darren set himself the goal of leaving more then two unconscious Inarta in front of that hospital before it became too late in the afternoon.

oocI actually rushed quite a bit of this (7-8 paragraphs). I cut out alot of monologue and just skimmed to what I thought were the important bits. If you need me to reweork it just say so.
The original PC of Miria and Bolivar

Darren
I Dare

Words: 346232
Joined roleplay: March 3rd, 2011, 12:53 am
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Where does it hurt? (Aidara)

Postby Aidara on May 6th, 2013, 11:04 pm

“No, be careful that you don’t nick anything…” Keeping her voice to a whisper, Addy stood behind Keah and continued to look down over her shoulder, the position allowing the little healer to watch her assistants work from her point of view. In reality, Addy balanced on the edge of a stool that gave her height enough to actually be able to peer down at the patient lying on the table. “Slow and steady wins the.-“

“I swear, Addy, if you give me one more encouraging rhyme, I’m going to slice you.” The scalpel was raised in mock menace, the woman turning her head just enough to glare at Addy with a single eye. Backing off and raising her hands in surrender, Addy plopped back down onto the stool and attempted to sit quietly while Keah opened the abdominal cavity of an Avora and extracted the arrow head that was lodged there. Needing to be in charge, or at least helping in some way, Addy had hovered around the poor woman during the entire procedure.

Now that she had been officially told to get lost, the fiery Inarta found herself at a lack of things to do. The Infirmary was slow that day, though it probably wouldn’t stay that way. Inartans seemed to do dumb things as a group activity, so one or two injuries or runny noses would trickle in throughout the day before they were bombarded with an eagle load of bleeding, broken individuals. “Alright… I’ll just… go over here.”

“Good. Go roll some bandages, it’s what you’re good at.” Oh, Addy had really pissed her off. Stung by Keahs sharp words, Addy left the surgery room without another word, moping back into the sickbay and looking around at all the empty, tidy beds. There was, of course, a pile of stripped cloth that needed to be rolled into, yes, bandages, but Addy now avoided those like the plague.

Instead, she walked towards the entrance to the Infirmary, drawn by what looked like a large, lumpy package. “Miquel? Did you order any supplies from- Oh god!” Once her shadow fell across the ‘package’, a hand lifted to keep the late afternoon light from her eyes, it was easy to spot the bundle was an unconscious Inarta. “Miquel! Get over here! I need you!”

As the old man came running, Addy slithered out of the way and rushed to one of the many empty sickbeds, pulling the bedside stool out of the way so that Miquel could slip in and lay the unconscious form on the sheets. “I think he’s just knocked out.”

“Perhaps but we need to take a better look at him, just to make sure.” Stepping back to allow the anxious little healer access, Miquel watched as Addy pressed her fingers to the underside of the man’s jaw. “Still breathing.” The update was turse and clipped as she moved on to check his eyes, first the left and then the right, and laying her face close to his mouth to get a feel for his breathing. “He is really out, and has been this way for a while.”

Moving on from the mans stats, Addy began inspecting and probing every inch of the man’s body, looking for any kind of swelling or deformity; of course it would have been easier if he was awake to yelp or squirm away from any painful poking, but Addy had long since learned to deal with less than idea conditions. “There is some bruising around the head and neck, his knuckles show some sign of impact and the skin is split and bleeding. He also has some bruising and scraping on his knees and, finally..” Taking a breath, Addy turned and looked up at the older healer, sighing and tugging a blanket up and over the unconscious patient, “.. I think he was in a fight.”

“We will just have to wait for the other to stop by, boasting similar injuries and then we’ll know we caught our culprit.” It really wasn’t their job as healers to “catch” anyone, but Miquel had a strong view on brawling. To put it succinctly: He hated it.

Trying not to smile, Addy patted the old healer on the arm and pulled him away from the sickbed. “We will let him rest and maybe tidy up around here while we wait for our culprit to show. Maybe you can tell me some stories of the old days…?”

And so the pair continued their work, joking and laughing softly as to not disturb anyone else, but otherwise simply enjoying the company of a coworker on a slow workday. However, it was because of this that they both missed the dumping of the second body. “You’ve got to be petching me! There is another one!” Miquel had stepped from the back room to spot the lumpy ‘package’ left in the entrance, a wrist flopping lightly off to one side indicating that they had literally just missed the culprit by ticks.

It was the same song and dance: Bruises and gashes from fighting, this one also solidly unconscious. Miquel placed the second next to the first and glowered at the doorway. Addy, seeing the darkening mood of her friend, reached up and placed a placating hand on the old Inartan’s shoulder. “Calm down, Miquel. It’ll be okay. I’ll wait by the door. If they come back, this time we’ll get them.” Looking as if he was going to protest, Addy spun the man around and pushed him back towards the back of the infirmary, where the rest of the work awaited him. “Go. I’ll wait.”

And so she did, lounging indiscreetly on the other side of the corridor from the Infirmary; luckily there was a patch of sun she could bask in, thus giving her a reason to be stretched out like a cat while she watched either end of the hallway with a half lidded, yet still vigilant eye. Anyone who passed by and spotted the young woman either gazed longingly or chuckled good naturedly, stepping around the Endal and moving on their way without a second though. Addy was known for her eccentrics.
Aidara
The "i" is silent

Words: 946840
Joined roleplay: October 6th, 2010, 5:20 am
Race: Human, Inarta
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 10
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (1)
Peer Reviewer (1) Trailblazer (1)
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Wind Reach Seasonal  Challenge (1)
Power Fork (1) 2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)