Closed Fit And Steel (Ans SpringBorn)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Built into the cliffs overlooking the Suvan Sea, Riverfall resides on the edge of grasslands of Cyphrus where the Bluevein River plunges off the plain and cascades down to the inland sea below. Home of the Akalak, Riverfall is a self-supporting city populated by devoted warriors. [Riverfall Codex]

Fit And Steel (Ans SpringBorn)

Postby Lydan Verdjak on June 13th, 2013, 12:43 am

7th of Summer, Mid-afternoon
It was a typical, cloudless day in Riverfall with figures sprung throughout the streets of various races but predominantly human and Akalak, the summer was bearing down on many and the air was humid for this afternoon. Chatter and noise littered the streets, for nowhere was quiet in this magnificent city, an Akalak of whom was no exception to his race's pride over fitness was jogging the streets, shirtless as his fit form glided through the area. The man hummed a song cheerily as he made his way North up the bridge crossing the Bluevein River and proudly brandishing his body to all who dared gaze his way.

He of course waved to anyone who greeted him, by gesture or verbally, his smile friendly and ever-so-serene as the man stopped jogged along.
Last edited by Lydan Verdjak on June 13th, 2013, 1:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lydan Verdjak
Player

Words: 24094
Joined roleplay: June 11th, 2013, 5:33 pm
Race: Akalak
Character sheet

Postby Ans SpringBorn on June 13th, 2013, 12:56 am

Walking down the busy streets of RiverFall was a joy in its own. Ans had needed to find the nearest Inn for a drink. Soon, he noticed an Akalak jogging down the streets. Ans noticed he was very friendly with the people walking by so he walked up to him and said.

"I'm looking for somewhere to get a drink, any ideas?"
"I've failed over and over and over again in life, and that is why I succeed"
- Michael Jordan
Ans SpringBorn
Player

Words: 5422
Joined roleplay: June 12th, 2013, 1:57 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

Postby Lydan Verdjak on June 13th, 2013, 1:19 am

"Along this way, friend!" He continued his speedy jog down towards The White Crane and then stopped in front of it, as he moved to walk in along with the man following. He pulled out a handful of money, having a seat. "Two drinks, for me and the fellow with me if you will." He smiled to the bartender as the liquor was handed over, the typical ale.
Lydan Verdjak
Player

Character sheet

Postby Ans SpringBorn on June 13th, 2013, 1:24 am

Taking A seat next to this Akalak man. He was surprised to hear that he got a drink for him. He had never tried ale before and was quite interested. As he took a drink his face looked surprised then crinkled then normal again as the flavors ran through his tounge.He then spoke to the Akalak man saying...

"So, I'm Ans, whats your name?"

"And thanks for the drink"
- Michael Jordan
Ans SpringBorn
Player

Character sheet

Postby Lydan Verdjak on June 13th, 2013, 1:31 am

He patted his chest, nodding his head as a way of acknowledging the thanks, "Lydan." He took a few gulps of the ale initially, but the man's expression inidacted to be content with just going easy at it.

He adjusted in the seat and nodded to the passing bartender. "Are you Kuvan, Ans? A visitor here?" The man's speech was doused with the Akalak accent, but he was quite understandable, enunciating words when necessary as his eyes moved to study the man. 'Twas the first thing he did to new associates, or potential friends.
Lydan Verdjak
Player

Character sheet

Postby Ans SpringBorn on June 13th, 2013, 1:41 am

"I'm training right now so I can get citizenship."

As Ans finished his drink he looked over at him and said

"Here", As he threw out some gold,"This round's on me"

He then gestured to the barkeep for two more drinks. Ans studied Lydan astonished at his physical peak. Scanning the bar he could find no more Kelvic peoples he said

"There aren't many Kelvic here, Have you ever seen a Kelvic morph?"
- Michael Jordan
Ans SpringBorn
Player

Character sheet

Postby Lydan Verdjak on June 13th, 2013, 1:47 am

He downed the rest of his drink quickly with a smile, knocking his head around with fatigue from the shot, and nodded graciously as he took the next round.

"Training eh?" He commented and offered and idle smile to Ans, "I'm not fully sure how citizenship like that works, and there are actually plenty of Kelvic around. Though they're mostly pets and the women are the most valued due to the ah ... childbearing capabilities, I don't think many of them frequent bars though."
Lydan Verdjak
Player

Character sheet

Postby Ans SpringBorn on June 13th, 2013, 1:53 am

Ans smile quickly turned sour after hearing one word, "pets". He thought angrily to himself about being pets.

"I can't believe my people are being used, it's not right."

"Well, I suppose I'll have to deal with it"

"Say, I was going to hunt in the plains for a little while, would you like to accompany me?"
- Michael Jordan
Ans SpringBorn
Player

Character sheet

Postby Lydan Verdjak on June 13th, 2013, 2:05 am

Offered a sly smile to the man as the Akalak adjusted in his seat, hearing his words he stood up straight and tilted his head with the smile still on his lips. "They are treated not like a simple pet nor slave, and they consentually entered into service, they are treated very well and humanely." He paused, tapping his chin in thought, "Well, depending on the master, I assure you any display of rage or non-discipline amongst Akalak is frowned upon, so any abusers or .. for the lack of better term, cerulest shykes would be labeled as Cerulean, or undisciplined. And then it's doubtful they'll attain anything of value or importance in the future."

He shrugged idly, "I desire to gain my fitness before hunting further, I barely survived my Rite of Passage against a Zith and I don't want to blindly run into anything."
Lydan Verdjak
Player

Character sheet

Postby Ans SpringBorn on June 13th, 2013, 2:20 am

"Fitness,eh?"

"You don't seem to have trouble with that"

"Anyway, good luck to ya."

"By the way, I live in baywatch apartments, so drop by anytime you want to hunt or get a drink."

"Goodbye my friend"

After that Ans walks out the door into a very hot sun. On his way back home he thinks about his time at the Inn and thinks to himself

"Man... Ale is good"
Last edited by Ans SpringBorn on June 18th, 2013, 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- Michael Jordan
Ans SpringBorn
Player

Character sheet

Next