Location The Employment Office

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Known as the Celestial Seat, Nyka is a religious city in Northern Sylira. Ruled by four demigods and traversed by a large crevice, the monk-city is both mystical and dangerous. [Lore]

The Employment Office

Postby Seryk on July 19th, 2013, 11:09 pm

8th of summer

Seryk hummed a little ditty as he waited in line to get to speak with one of the monks. Dispite being slightly hungry and having to endure the foul looks from the city natives nothing could break his good mood. Since he was in a city with big strong walls that kept all the nasty beasties outside for the moment. So at least he wasn't in danger of becoming lunch anytime soon. Of course he had found out firsthand that some stuff in this city was probably just as creepy if not more then what was outside. But at least that stuff had the decency to stay away until the night came and didn't come inside.

When it was his turn he smiled at the bearded monk sitting behind the desk.
"I'm Seryk. I'm looking for a job, any job at all really. I know bits and pieces about how to survive in the wilds, I also know how to take care of a horse and how to ride one, I can cook a little. If you don't have any jobs free that needs that I got a strong back and I'm willing to do labor if I have to. I'm also willing to learn on the job if that is what it takes to get a job." Seryk rattled of anything he could think of that could help him land a job.
He nervously waited for the monk's reply.
Last edited by Seryk on July 22nd, 2013, 9:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Seryk
Player

Words: 14497
Joined roleplay: July 19th, 2013, 8:44 am
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet

The Employment Office

Postby Sayren WindDancer on July 22nd, 2013, 2:06 am

40th of Summer

Sayren tilted her head as she looked upon the massive building. Ximal had told her of this place so she could afford to keep his schooling and her training. The well-built muscle man advised her to work in the quarry to build up her body and physical strength. However, she didn't feel that she would be strong enough to perform such tasks as of yet. Especially since she knew the job would be lengthy and tedious for little reward. On second thought, all of the jobs would be rather tedious, it was just a matter of balancing out which one would leave her with more energy for her to train daily while still being able to keep up the funds to remain in the school. She roped her strider to a rest and went inside, looking around at all the lines. She decided it would be best if she just waited for one of them to dwindle down and she would ask the monk a few questions.

It took awhile, but the line finally lessened and she reached a monk, "Hello there." She greeted the monk with a small movement of her hand in a wave as she smiled, "I am Sayren WindDancer. I am unsure if I am in the correct line, but I was hoping to find a job. It doesn't need to be Prestigious, I am fine to work in any field that is needed. I can cook, I have some skill at a bow, I can ride rather well on my Strider, and I am currently learning more about Unarmed Combat at Ximal's school. So I am in need of obtaining currency to pay for his lessons. Is there anything you could possibly suggest for me?" She was a little rigid, but it was her first time trying to attain a job by herself. Needless to say, she still wasn't quite used to Nyka just yet.

Sayren WindDancer
"Determination leads to the second step."

Words: 131634
Joined roleplay: May 29th, 2013, 7:00 pm
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Scrapbook

The Employment Office

Postby Ssafirsotibones on July 25th, 2013, 6:09 pm

OOC: Note, Bones ends up getting a job working as a instructor at Ximal's school on the 40th of summer. So this job would only be for 1-39 of Summer.

IC:

1 Summer 513

Bones needed something to do. A few mizas in his pouch would not hurt either. Or whatever they used for money, he was still confused by the money they used here... Could not even recall what it was called. But so far he had done little since coming to Nyka.

It was for that reason that he ended up here, seeking some sort of employment, at least for a time. Till something more permanent or better came along.

Bones walked in to find himself in a large open room. He noted four desks sitting at the back of the room, each with a different person sitting behind it. Different in noticeable ways, though he was not sure what those differences meant. Her noted a human woman, a weak looking human man. He paused for a moment as his eyes passed over a man thing with two to many arms. He looked like he could handle himself.

Last was another man, though he looked a bit more... Solid? That seemed the right word for it. He could not put his finger on it, but something about him, almost instinctively, put him at ease. He looked like a proper fighter, and Bones would not mind having a match with him.

Bones turned to look over the signs on the wall he had just walked past, seeing a few random people sitting in wooden chairs waiting.

Most of the stuff on here was certainly not him. General labor. Book worker. He would certainly not fit in a job requiring long bouts of sitting scratching with a quill. A hunter maybe, but no he was not that good, he could barely hunt enough to keep himself fed, let alone to have enough left over to make a living. And that would make work of something he did now for enjoyment and sustenance.

The other board had things of a different sort. Building, finding a dog, a clerk at a shop... Guard. That might be interesting. Watching a stall might be a bit boring but, it would be better than nothing, and he might even get in a few scraps. He let his hand slide over the hilts of the twin gladii strapped across his back, one of metal and the other of bone. Yes, he could certainly carry himself in a fight, and scare off any would be thieves.

Bones took the notice off the board, and turned around to look at the four desks. Almost without thinking, he chose that man he had considered strong, a monk of Uphis. Though he was still a bit hazy as to what that even meant here, or what the God meant. He should really find that out. He waited in line, and after a time was before said Monk of Uphis, looking him in the eyes.

He set the paper down before him, looking him in the eyes.

"I come to you, do I? Ssisss job might be of interessst to me, ssough I am not sssure how long I will be available for it. Guarding a ssstall?"

Bones gestured at his blades across his back, before continuing.

"I am ssskilled wiss blade and fissst, I know how to fight quite well. I can sssee you know what ssat isss like, you are a fighter to eh? You have sse build for it."

Quick, simple, to the point, not an excess of detail. Bones was a fighter, he knew how to fight, either that would be enough for the man, or it would not.

speech :
"I come to you, do I? This job might be of interest to me, though I am not sure how long I will be available for it. Guarding a stall?"

"I am skilled with blade and fist, I know how to fight quite well. I can see you know what that is like, you are a fighter to eh? You have the build for it."
Bones is a Constrictor Dhani. He likes to eat meat. He also has some speech problems.

When he speaks, a double s (ss) means a [th] sound, that he cannot say.

A triple s (sss) means just an [s], but it is extended in his speech.

Ssafirsotibones
Player

Words: 440799
Joined roleplay: July 7th, 2011, 5:37 am
Race: Dhani
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

The Employment Office

Postby Abstract on July 26th, 2013, 1:18 pm

Savio

The woman nodded and handed Savio a sheet of paper. "All the details are on here, and it starts tomorrow. Just turn up at..."[b] she pointed to a set of words [b]"Address tomorrow. They'll know you're coming." She finished, and began to turn her attention towards the next customer.

Seryk

One word seemed to catch the monk's eye, and that was 'cook'. "Cook, can you? We're always in need of chefs. I'm pretty sure an eating house needs one... people just bring you their food, and you cook it for them. Sound good?" He paused, thinking for a moment, before continuing. "Still, if you want labour you could always help out at the farms, docks, or quarries. Though that wouldn't pay as well" He grinned, and pulled out a sheet of paper, scribbling down Seryk's name. The monk paused, frowning, before asking "Do you have a last name or anything?"

Sayren

The monk snorted a bit at Sayren's introduction, finding it funny in a way. Still, he answered sensibly, "Well... if you can ride, you can get a job as a groom, but it doesn't pay too well. Cooking is good, if you wanna work at one of the eating houses. Or just plain labour. Your choice. Though cooking makes the most money." He winked at the Drykas when he said this, grinning slightly, but fishing out a sheet of paper.

Bones

OOCTechnically Ohirin took that job, but since I forgot to delete it... you can do it too. Just at a different date :)

The monk Bones came to was, by utter coincidence, also a Dhani. He raised an eyebrow at the customer's speech, but didn't say anything, and instead taking the sheet and reading it over. His lisp wasn't as prominent as Bone's was, though the gladius-user would probably be able to tell. "Yess... thiss job is for the 5th... to the 35th... And it'ss 4 mizass a day. Good with you?" The monk raised an eyebrow and gave Bones a critical look, shoving the paper back, then writing something down on another sheet. "Go to thiss sstall, and watch it. Make ssure no one doess anything sstupid." He nodded once and called up the next person in line.

Job Info :
I believe the monk covered most of it when talking... but if you have any questions about it, just PM me :)
Abstract
In a roundabout way... everything is me

Words: 382975
Joined roleplay: June 5th, 2013, 4:06 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 3
Featured Contributor (1) Artist (2)

The Employment Office

Postby Seryk on July 28th, 2013, 6:39 pm

Seryk didn't have to mull that offer over for long. Better pay, the work was less strenous then working as a general labour and he would have more contact with other people during the job. He doubted anybody would care if one of kitchen helpers chatttered with some of the customers long as the dishes got washed and the food got cooked. Best way to get to know a city was to listen to it's citizens his father always said.

"A job as a cook sounds pretty good. I'll take it. where do I need to go and when do I need to be there and how much does it pay?" at the question of his last name he nodded. "eh right, Tallgrass. My last name is Tallgrass. Do you need to know anything else?"
Seryk
Player

Words: 14497
Joined roleplay: July 19th, 2013, 8:44 am
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet

The Employment Office

Postby Sayren WindDancer on August 5th, 2013, 10:37 am

Sayren rubbed her chin in thought. The monk was giving her an odd feeling. One she did not like. However, she weighted out the options in her head. She would like to groom horses more often, but that wouldn't fetch the pay that she would need for her schooling...Perhaps then the cooking would suffice. It would give her a chance to possibly learn some new recipes, just so she wouldn't be dulled by continuously eating the same types of meals. A grin grew upon her face as she finally came across a decision. Slamming her fist down in front of the monk, "Consider the cooking to be taken! Tell me where it is to be and what must be done and when I may begin. I will do my best to earn my keep."

Sayren WindDancer
"Determination leads to the second step."

Words: 131634
Joined roleplay: May 29th, 2013, 7:00 pm
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Scrapbook

The Employment Office

Postby Laurie White on August 11th, 2013, 10:08 pm

50th of Summer AV

Laurie bit her tongue as she approach the Employment office building. It was quite big compared to her. Before entering the building she tied her horse outside along side of the dogs."Wish me luck..." She said giving Sue a hug.

She waited in line for a while. When it was finally her turn she introdiced herself." Hello, I am Laurie White. I'm here for a job, I can sing a little, I can also fortune tell." Laurie paused before speaking again." I also do unarmed combat." Laurie smiled, she listed the current skills she had. Which wasn't a lot but she was hoping the monk could work with them.
Last edited by Laurie White on August 13th, 2013, 4:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Laurie White
Princess of Kindness

Words: 17654
Joined roleplay: December 31st, 2012, 4:35 am
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

The Employment Office

Postby Abstract on August 13th, 2013, 12:25 pm

Seryk

The man nodded, noting down the name 'Tallgrass' before continuing with anything else. "As a cook... you'll make 3gm a day. Head to the eating house here in the South Quarter... they'll know you're coming. Tomorrow, I mean. And be there by eight bells... That good with you?" Before waiting for an answer, the monk handed Seryk a sheet of paper and turned to the next customer, calling them up.

OOCRead Sayren's OOC :)

Sayren

The man looks startled at the Drykas' exclamation, his eyes wide, before he calmed himself down. However, since such actions were quite common in the city, he didn't mention anything, and continued to explain the job. "Go to this eating house in the South quarter tomorrow, to start working. They'll set you to work. Enjoy yourself!"

OOCOk, working as a cook is KINDA complicated here. Basically people bring you food, and you cook it for them. I'm not naming the eating house, because I'm thinking of developing one soon... and I don't know the name..

Also! You guys work in the same place! Have fun!

Laurie

The monk frowned slightly at these skills, considering the possibilities.There wasn't really anything that focused on them, so she simply shrugged. "You could maybe work as a laborer... in the farms... or a groom might suit you too. Otherwise I think one of the inns is looking for a barmaid..." She gave the Konti an apologetic smile, before adding "None really pay that much. I wouldn't suggest some of the harder labour for you either..." She motioned to the woman's form, that which most of her race had. "Your choice, really" she finished, and waited for the to-be-employee to decide
Abstract

Office
Scrapbook

The Employment Office

Postby Laurie White on August 14th, 2013, 11:50 am

Laurie frowned. But she knew there was a possibility her skills wouldn't do no good here. She chewed her lip thinking. She knew she didn't want to be a barmaid. So that only left her one choice. She would be a groom instead. It sounded like the perfect job although it only paid little." That's fine... I didn't expect to get a big job or one that pays a lot." Laurie smiled." But the job as a groom sounded nice. I'd like to take that one."
Laurie White
Princess of Kindness

Words: 17654
Joined roleplay: December 31st, 2012, 4:35 am
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

The Employment Office

Postby Abstract on August 14th, 2013, 9:07 pm

Laurie

The woman nodded and fished out a piece of paper. "Right... I think the head groom was looking for a new employee anyways, since one of his moved on. You get paid a single gold miza a day... " She smiled up at the Konti and handed her the paper. "Report to the head groom tomorrow morning to start working!" That done, the monk called up the next person in line and began to deal with them.

OOCThe stables location is in progress, but it SHOULD be up soon... so you know who you're dealing with :) Have fun!
Abstract

Office
Scrapbook

PreviousNext