Cloudy with a chance of Mudballs (solo)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

Postby Sahsvin Isilla on September 6th, 2010, 1:16 pm

Autumn 3rd

Isilla walked through the grasslands outside of the city, eager to test out her magic, she always went out to practice because "Practice makes perfect!" she whispered to herself in Snake. She readied herself along the bank of a clear and shallow pond that she had found and took a deep breath. She concentrated, she wasn't that bad at generating Res now but it still took a fair bit of concentration. Res slowly leaked out of her pores, through her eyes, her ears, her nose even.

A sudden breeze picked up and her hair flew around her, she opened her eyes and her concentration ceased, and she picked up her hairbrush as the Res she had just generated faded and disappeared. She brushed her hair around for 2 more minutes and resumed concentrating.

Again, Res leaked through all her openings and this time she slowly opened her eyes and this time keeping her concentration she gathered her Res and thickened it into a gel, she then set it onto the ground and concentrated hard, the Res slowly sharpened itself into a spike and she repeated the process, making 1 more identical spike before she let her concentration slowly cease. She stared at the two spikes for two seconds.

She counted to 3.. "One..." she said "Two..." she counted down... "THREE!" and with that she transmuted the Res and two sharp spikes of earth appeared where before there was Res. "Experts can make a whole field of these... I can only make one.." she thought to herself glumly, but she knew she was getting better, this was perhaps one of the quickest times she had transmuted two spikes. Even though it seemed like forever, it had only taken about 45 seconds.

The flowers and grass near the spikes had been torn up and mangled.. Isilla was hardly diminished though

She started again, this time it was with water, she again concentrated and as she concentrated Res flowed out. She wanted to make a Cold bolt, 3 balls of ice carefully aimed at a target and then hurled, the ice would shatter on impact and cause a nice bruise on the target, or to be even nastier she could wait until the Res hit the target, then she could transmute it into ice...

She smiled evilly as she thought to herself. She concentrated yet again, and this time, almost instantly, Res flowed out and as she opened her eyes, she gathered it into 3 balls, she then threw all 3 in quick succession at a small bush nearby, the moment the Res hit, she transmuted it, one by one, until she saw a small, frozen bush.

She laughed pleasantly, she was happy fantasizing the bush as one of her enemies and she could imagine the person freezing, she could imagine the look of shock as intense cold overcame them and she could imagine them screaming for help. "How wonderfully pleasant" Isilla thought to herself...

But she wanted to try it again, maybe , for the first time ever, she could combine the elements, she might be able to take it to a whole new level! But what would water and earth make? Frozen sand? Diamond dust maybe? Cold showers? She'd try it out, she had countless ideas, it all came down to how the Res was transmuted...

She'd start again.. She focused and for the third time Res came out... She was starting to feel some fatigue.. She'd finish this and then get some shut eye.. Isilla again gathered the Res, this time spreading it as a mist, above her, she'd make a small downpour of it, "Maybe it's a good idea" Isilla thought to herself. As she spread it over a small area, maybe 5 meters on each end , she raised it and the Res levitated high above her. She was going to do it on the count of 3 again, each and every Res droplet. Was to change ,half into water and half into earth. And it was going to come showering onto her as a cascade of shining sand, but that was only how she pictured it...

"Let's count..." she said. She was getting impatient.. "One.." She said, she paused... "Two." she continued... "Whatever, Let's just start.." she hissed to herself brusquely . She transmuted it....

Nothing...

Then a horrendous shower of mud cascaded onto her, droplets of it were everywhere and it was like a rainstorm, except mud was everywhere, it was in her mouth, her eyes, her nose even, she sputtered, disgusted. Maybe to a normal person it would be fine, but to Isilla? Her vanity was getting the better of her, she was angry... Really angry, Isilla surveyed what was around her, the clear pond, was not so clear anymore, it was covered in mud, the frozen bush, was coated with a thin layer of mud, the grass and ground around her looked like it was coated in a layer of chocolate sauce. She was shocked.. She looked down at her dress. Isilla's dress was covered as well, the beautiful silk fabric was covered in mud!

"Ah!" Isilla cried haughtily, and she stormed off, back to the city, she ignored the guards as they laughed at her mud covered body and she looked for a place to wash herself off.. She was dead angry all right.. But she was tired, she'd get a room for the night, and possibly treat herself to a dinner of nice fat children... One thing was for sure... She'd NEVER EVER transmute mud ever again, and if she was going to transmute it, it would be far away from her beautiful self...

very.. VERY far away....

*fin

OOC: How's that? I'd like to get some feedback, it IS my first solo training thread and I really enjoyed writing it.. Hope you enjoyed it! :)
Sahsvin Isilla
Conceited Purple Rattler

Words: 12725
Joined roleplay: August 24th, 2010, 9:57 am
Race: Dhani
Character sheet

Postby Leviathan on September 14th, 2010, 6:53 pm

Thread Award!

Isilla
Exp +1 Reimancy, +1 Meditation
Lore The Importance of Focus

Additional Comments Not bad. I would have liked to see a good deal more, as well as a hint of overgiving, at least a lingering feeling of it. All magics are incredibly taxing on the body, so it's unlikely that someone less than an expert would be able to use up so much Djed without so much as the minor effects of Overgiving. Anyway, good job. You may always PM me questions, comments, or concerns about my grading, or if you need help or advice, feel free to ask me anything and I'll do my best to assist you.
Bad News Everybody. School is picking up, Exams are beginning to happen, homework is growing time consuming, I may soon be evicted from my apartment, I'm dealing with severe and physical fights among several of my best friends, and I can't seem to find a time to get much needed sleep. I'm terribly sorry, but don't expect to see much of me for a long while.
Leviathan
Adapt, Migrate, or Die

Words: 281278
Joined roleplay: July 25th, 2010, 6:57 pm
Race: Staff account
Character sheet
Office
Scrapbook