OOC Info [OOC Thread] Moving with the Herd

This is Endrykas' OOC thread. Feel free to use it for any sort of chatter

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This is Endrykas' Development Forum. Any and all OOC discussions, development projects, and silliness are contained within.

[OOC Thread] Moving with the Herd

Postby Colt on January 7th, 2016, 8:46 pm

The striders... the bond between horse and Drykas... I knew it! Their Friendship is Magic!

But yeah. This is good to hear. It's nice to have this in concrete written form on the site, since a lot of this information isn't easily found otherwise. I didn't know Lhex had such feelings towards the Web, though. Drykas voodoo is best voodoo.
“Pavi” | Grassland Sign | “Common” | “Tukant” | Nura
Colt
Miss Communication

Words: 943625
Joined roleplay: August 8th, 2011, 6:38 am
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Featured Character (1) Overlored (1)
Advocate (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Tribal on January 7th, 2016, 8:52 pm

Nor did I, I know the lore pages linked to the city quite well, and of course being in chats you pick up the odd thing, but not everyone goes to chats I understand. I've learnt a lot today as well so I thought it fitting this go here for all Endrykas players, cos I know some of us can get so busy we have our blinders on, hopefully this makes sure anyone playing in Endrykas knows a little bit more info now and of course if you see anything new folks struggling with an idea, let them down kindly!
Tribal
Lost in the Tall Grass

Words: 242363
Joined roleplay: June 28th, 2015, 11:43 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Plotnotes

Postby Kyo on January 7th, 2016, 10:14 pm

I wish I had known all this before I had Kyo go and bond to a Strider. v_v I feel so dumb now. Probably I didn't think things through enough.

At least his Strider didn't automatically like him. No magic friendship here. Just a horse that doesn't trust him yet and doesn't like the way he smells. Like Goss said, he'll have to put a lot of work into the relationship.

Kyo
--

Words: 328278
Joined roleplay: July 22nd, 2013, 6:41 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Tribal on January 7th, 2016, 10:49 pm

We live and learn, don't beat yourself up, bud. I should have known and pointed you all straight, my fault guys! Seriously though, not the end of the world aye, there is still so much fun to be had and plots to create! I'm going to post soon to L's Plunder for you :]
Tribal
Lost in the Tall Grass

Words: 242363
Joined roleplay: June 28th, 2015, 11:43 pm
Office
Plotnotes

Postby Gossamer on January 7th, 2016, 10:50 pm

If a horse doesn't trust you then you don't have a bond.
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6357847
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Postby Kyo on January 7th, 2016, 11:12 pm

I was just trying to make their relationship realistic and put work into progressing it, like you said, since I made the mistake of bonding when I shouldn't have. I'm trying to play things as right as I can in the situation.

Kyo
--

Words: 328278
Joined roleplay: July 22nd, 2013, 6:41 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Kaitanu on January 8th, 2016, 11:47 am

Rping is learning. Heaven knows we've all made mistakes! I might have gone for bonding with a Strider if I wasn't playing a horse kelvic (and also I've never been sure about kelvics bonding with Striders, if it's possible, etc.) I can't imagine that particular bit of "Friendship Is Magic" would work for him. That or the webbing. But that's the fun of rping- you never know what will come out of it!
Common- Fluent
Pavi "spoken" and signed- Basic
Equine Language- Fluent
Kaitanu
A Shattered Vessel Holds Nothing

Words: 218710
Joined roleplay: June 21st, 2014, 6:28 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Featured Thread (1)

Postby Ixzo on January 8th, 2016, 6:26 pm

Well, that was eventful.

Anyhoo. Anyone who I promised to start a thread for, I have to apologize. I'm still going to do it, but I'm sure some of you have waited absurdly long. I have no reason, I'm just very slow, and likely will continue to be slow until I get these out.

I have one for Cedar, Naiya, Graham, and Mere to start. If I missed you, please let me know. And if you are terribly impatient and just would like to start it rather than wait for me to, you can do that as well.

And replies will be shortly afterwards.

Also, with this new development on bonding, or not bonding, with striders, I have to throw away Ixzo's current over-arching plot. So now, I am looking for another way to not get kicked out of Endrykas for being so weird, and I think that will just have to be making some serious friendships. So if anyone I've threaded with before would like to start up another thread, I would be more than happy to. I know this is contradicting considering I am so behind, but I think I will catch up soon.

But yeah, so sorry I'm so slow guys xD
Ixzo
Lion of the Night

Words: 524570
Joined roleplay: September 1st, 2015, 5:57 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 4
Featured Thread (1) Mizahar Grader (1)
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Azmere on January 8th, 2016, 8:40 pm

I'll pm you some ideas, Ixzo. XD. We all go through spells of slothfulness, don't worry about it.
Attn: GradersObservation is maxed. Thank you for all your hard work.

where do you go when you don't know who you are?
Azmere
Seeker of the Lost

Words: 754081
Joined roleplay: October 14th, 2015, 11:57 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Overlored (1)

Postby Pearl on January 9th, 2016, 3:16 am

Heading for home tomorrow and it will take me 2 days drive to get there. Unfortunately, it looks like I'm going to run into snow on the way home.

Tribal, I know you are trying to stay on schedule with the thread, and I promise I will work on a post as quickly as I am able, but it might be late Sunday evening, or even possibly Monday before I am able to sit down and write since I am going to have to deal with the weather and driving home through the snow storms. I'm sorry for any delay and I'll do the best I am able to get a post up quickly.
Pearl
Doctor at The River Flower

Words: 219351
Joined roleplay: July 3rd, 2015, 5:29 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Overlored (1)

PreviousNext