PM to join An Interesting Evening

With more interesting company.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The Diamond of Kalea is located on Kalea's extreme west coast and called as such because its completely made of a crystalline substance called Skyglass. Home of the Alvina of the Stars, cultural mecca of knowledge seekers, and rife with Ethaefal, this remote city shimmers with its own unique light.

An Interesting Evening

Postby Kesu on January 9th, 2015, 9:36 pm

Kesu
Winter 5, 514

Kesu hadn't yet officially started work yet, so she was left with a few aimless days wandering about the city, doing nothing productive. It pissed her off, but there wasn't anything she could do about it. So, she waited until the date set by Hanei to begin her job's duties. Dressed in her corset, chemise, shawl and Vinati under her Katinu, Kesu was fairly warm in the chill wind. However, just sitting on a bench in the park of Surya Plaza wasn't making her get any warmer, so she stood up, and dusted herself off, pulling the clothing closer to her body, trapping what little warm air she could. She might've stayed inside, if not for the fact that she was too restless to sit by the hearth, being simply idle.

The fresh snow fell, covering the cobble with a frosty white dusting of winter, and a thought came to Kesu. Why not practice her auristics a bit? Such a simple, yet useful activity would help fill the time between ennui and motivation. She didn't know why she hadn't thought of it earlier, but she decided that she would start immediately. Looking around the plaza, there were a few choices. Striding in one direction, to get within range of a corpulent merchant, she was suddenly nudged out of the way, roughly, by a swarthy-looking roughneck. Turning on him and shouting, she rapidly said in Nari, "Just where do you think you're going, you blind little petcher? Watch where you're going, Krric Troo!" Finished with her brief, angry tirade, face flushed, she stepped back, glaring at the man.
Revenge is an act of passion; vengeance of justice. Injuries are revenged; crimes are avenged.
Samuel Adams
Kesu
Vengance is my life.

Words: 29741
Joined roleplay: October 31st, 2014, 1:00 am
Race: Human, Inarta
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

An Interesting Evening

Postby Tel'Mar on January 10th, 2015, 12:20 am

Tel'Mar was walking along, taking in the sights. He was still looking for work at a local forge, hoping to learn new things for his craft, including the mystery behind the Sky Glass. The snow around the city coupled with the Sky Glass gave the surroundings a celestial appearance.

"Hmm... What a sight to behold." Tel'Mar was attempting to draw a rough map in his mind, but it wasn't going to well. He was use to a mountain, not multiple peeks. At least, he thought to himself, its similar weather. He liked the cold.

The serine scene was suddenly interrupted by a shout in a very familiar language. Tel'Mar looked over to see what was happening in the nearby plaza. Seeing a Inarta shouting at someone was nothing new, but seeing the roughneck she was shouting at gave Tel'Mar a moment to pause. In the split second he decided he might need to step in. Tel'Mar causally crossed over to the corpulent merchant in an attempt to hide his approach.
-"Be still brother. As i send your soul back to Ukalas be at peace. Your death will not be in vain, for as your soul returns to Caiyha, your body shall be used to sustain the cycle. And what I can't use, I shall return to the Earth."
Tel'Mar
Player

Words: 11493
Joined roleplay: December 2nd, 2014, 12:13 am
Character sheet
Scrapbook

An Interesting Evening

Postby Kaik Leyr on January 11th, 2015, 2:56 am

Winter had arrived made evident by the silent fall of snow, Kaik sat on a bench looking up at the spectacle. By his side sat none other than his wooden companion Arya. Drawing his gaze away from the snow he looked around the park absentmindedly. Kaik’s reasons for being in the plaza was to simply empty his mind of Ellen and to relax. So far he had succeeded, though he did not hold hopes it would continue. Holding Arya’s hand Kaik decided to take a walk around the plaza and see what the merchants and performers had to offer.

He soon passed a large merchant selling his goods, “You! Young man! Would you care to have a look at my wares? Candy, toys, and jewelry that are sure to make your young one swell with joy!”
“N-no thanks...we’re good...she doesn’t need anything,” Kaik said.
“Oh don’t be ridiculous!” the merchants places a hand on Arya’s shoulder, “surely you would like some candy, child?”
Arya looked up at the man revealing her true nature, Kaik quickly slapped the merchants hand off her shoulder and said, “Keep. Your. Hands. Off. Her.”
“W-w-what? I’ve never...you...you’re a…”
“Y-yes...goodbye,” Kaik said walking away gripping Arya’s hand.

Why is it everytime I talk to a merchant I have to walk away? Well at least I didn’t keep my hopes up for today. Today was supposed to be relaxing day and now I’m feeling bitter.

Kaik’s attention is soon directed at a women yelling in a foreign voice at another stranger. Normally Kaik would have kept walking and ignored such a scene, but judging by appearance alone the man looked like he wanted a fight not a yelling contest. Kaik decided something needed to be done and hastily made his way to the two strangers.

Without a plan in mind Kaik placed himself in the middle of the two and being the awkward man he was stumbled through his words as he tried to fix the situation.

“Er...t-t-there’s um...let’s all get along? There’s no need to to....yell,” he made sure to look at both strangers in the eye before saying to the women, “D-do you speak Common? Um...it would...be a problem if...you couldn’t...since everything I’m saying right now...will mean nothing to you…” Kaik began to regret visiting the plaza.
Kaik Leyr
The Doll Animator

Words: 180721
Joined roleplay: May 11th, 2014, 12:01 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

An Interesting Evening

Postby Tel'Mar on January 11th, 2015, 6:31 am

Seeing the awkward encounter, Tel'Mar felt he might need to step in. He walked hastily over to the Inarta woman, acting slightly frantic. He pretended to curse in Nari but what he really said was, "Go with it!" He stepped right next to the red head and spoke in common to the other men. "Thank goodness you found her! I'm so sorry for my sisters out burst, she's been having a very rough few days." He then proceeded to lean in and say in a none to quiet hushed tone, "Its her red time, if you get me."

He then placed his arms on the Inarta's shoulders and said in Nari, "Turn around and let us be off!"
-"Be still brother. As i send your soul back to Ukalas be at peace. Your death will not be in vain, for as your soul returns to Caiyha, your body shall be used to sustain the cycle. And what I can't use, I shall return to the Earth."
Tel'Mar
Player

Character sheet
Scrapbook

An Interesting Evening

Postby Kesu on January 12th, 2015, 4:16 pm

Kesu

“Er...t-t-there’s um...let’s all get along? There’s no need to to....yell... D-do you speak Common? Um...it would...be a problem if...you couldn’t...since everything I’m saying right now...will mean nothing to you…” A small voice gave Kesu pause, and turning towards the source, looked at a man, only a few inches taller than Kesu herself. Flushing as she realized that she was yelling in Nari, she shouted, "I can understand you perfectly! I'm not some kind of... idiot! Not like this blind petcher." Motioning towards the roughneck, who was growing steadily redder, and twisting his hands, as if holding himself back by a thread. He was just about to speak, as a fellow Inarta rushed in, putting his arm around her shoulders, and leaning towards the other men, conspiratorially.

"Go with it!" The Inarta said this almost as a curse. Stiffening, Kesu stood silent, listening to what the other Inarta had to say. "Thank goodness you found her! I'm so sorry for my sisters out burst, she's been having a very rough few days." Kesu had an inkling of what the Inarta would say next, and color crept up her neck, onto her cheeks. "Its her red time, if you get me. Turn around and let us be off!"

Kesu, now completely flushed with anger, embarrassment, and frustration, would not be embarrassed like that in public, and then just pushed away. Struggling to get out of the man's strong, directing grip, she swung her right boot backwards, towards the Inarta's shin. At the same time, she slipped out of the man's grasp, and while she was still kicking backwards towards him, was flung forwards, unbalanced. Stumbling, she ended up right in front of the roughneck, and when she straightened up, clipped his jaw with the top of her head. Hissing with pain and anger, she turned, and shouted at the Inarta in Nari. "What're you doin, ya damn idiot? I can handle myself! I don't need your help!" The roughneck, by now, had rubbed the stars out of his eyes, and glaring at Kesu, pushed her violently backwards with both hands, causing her to fall. Directly at that little girl standing next to the quiet man.

Twisting herself around with all her might, she narrowly avoided crushing the girl, and landed on the snow-covered cobble, hood flying back on the sudden impact. The Inarta lay there for a moment, stunned, red hair billowing about her in the white drifts of ice.
Revenge is an act of passion; vengeance of justice. Injuries are revenged; crimes are avenged.
Samuel Adams
Kesu
Vengance is my life.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

An Interesting Evening

Postby Kaik Leyr on January 13th, 2015, 3:17 am

It appeared that stranger could speak common which gave Kaik hope that things could be resolved peacefully. That was until another arrived, calling himself the brother of the women. At first Kaik felt relieved the brother would take care of the issue, but when he said, “Its her red time, if you get me.” Kaik knew that there was no way this conflict would end happily.

A swift back kick to her brother’s shin followed by a headbut to the man’s jaws brought a sense of expected pity to Kaik. Once again the lady began to shout in her foreign language this time at her brother. Kaik soon took notice to the man’s glare at the women.

“Um hey...let’s all just cal-,” said Kaik before the man pushed the women causing her to fall on Arya, “Arya!” he shouted pointlessly as the stranger had very nearly avoided her.

Making sure Arya was first okay he quickly made his way to the girl’s side.

He offered a hand as he asked, “Are you okay?” If she did or didn’t accept the offer was of no importance, since he just as soon confronted the petcher who nearly harmed Arya. Kaik almost unsheathed his dagger, but thought better of that as he instead curled his hands into fists. What Kaik knew for a fact was that the man in front of him could very easily beat him down, but he also knew that this was the very man who would have caused harm to Arya. Walking away was not an option for him.

He looked at stranger with utter hatred for a chime before saying, “You...you very nearly caused harm to my daughter...now,” he raised his voice so the women could hear, “everyone is at fault here. Either you and the woman say sorry to each other or we have a pointless fight ending with the Shinya.” Kaik let his anger spill into his voice as he made the effort to look at both the strangers, “You two are not petching children! Compromise damn it!”

Boxcode by Estrellir Konrath
Kaik Leyr
The Doll Animator

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Overlored (1)

An Interesting Evening

Postby Tel'Mar on January 14th, 2015, 6:47 am

Seeing the Inarta fall nearly sent Tel'Mar into a rage. He stood stock still, all his muscles going taunt, preparing to throw himself into the fray. It was the sound of the humans voice that snapped him out of his sudden trance. He listened as the man yelled, clearly concerned for his daughter. As the red faded from his vision Tel'Mar sized up the situation he'd so carelessly threw himself in to. His earlier statement had had its desired effect. He had meant to turn the Inarta's rage on him. Two Inartas fighting would hardly be considered strange but an Inarta fighting someone in the streets would bring the guard down on her for sure. However she managed to tumble right into the rough neck, angering him further. Now the stranger was putting himself as well as his daughter in harms way. He had even stepped away from his little girl to help the lady on the ground. Tel'Mar decided to try and protect the girl if things went wrong. He was sure the other two could hold their own if need be, but if this stranger was willing to help one of his kind, Tel'Mar was more then happy to return the favor. He slowly stepped to the side of the little girl and, without touching her, place himself between her and danger. Raised his chin, starring daggers of ice at the man before him. Tel'Mar had one major difference that set him apart from his brethren; where their anger was fiery and passionate, his was cold and calculating.
Tel'Mar
Player

Character sheet
Scrapbook

An Interesting Evening

Postby Brandon Blackwing on January 14th, 2015, 9:30 pm

OOC :
And the Blackwing appears! Incognito's theme seemed to match better, so here it is!
Sorry, I've wanted to do this for a long time, and I really had to :paranoid:
Btw; nice template there Kaiky!

Sometimes you did not have to experience something fantastical to have fun. Sometimes the little things in life were the ones that were the most interesting of all. So too tonight. It hadn't started as entertaining as it was now; he'd woken up, had put on his clothes and had gone for a stroll through the many streets Lhavit was rich. When crossing a relatively crowded plaza though -fortunately not as crowded as the Azure was- Brandon's sharp ears had caught some sort of yelling in a foreign language he did not immediately recognized. It sounded like the chirping of birds; angry, fuming birds, but birds nonetheless.

The more words -or rather chirps- he heard, the more and more Brandon found it somehow sounded familiar, even though he was pretty certain he had never heard the language before. Sana came to mind, as well as Chari and the metalsmith whose name he could not remember, who all had a similar sounding accent mixed in their common. All had also come from Wind Reach; was this the native language of the Inarta then? There was but one way to find out, and Brandon wasted no time, changing course and heading for the source of the screaming.

Believe it or not but a circle had already formed around the two arguing, people who were curious or just did not have anything better to do; in short, people like Brandon. The one doing the yelling was a young-looking, frail woman with pale skin and crimson hair -Inarta no doubt. The guy she was arguing with -or whatever she was doing- was tall and not really impressed with her tirade, not wincing but rather letting rage build, Brandon noticed. The man's jaw had tightened, his eyes slightly narrowed and his hands were slowly curling into clenched fists. No, this was not going to end well, not at all.

However, some brave soul came to the damsel's aid, a boyish looking fellow, speaking timidly and stuttering in the process... Hmm... Where had he seen that before? He couldn't really put his finger on it, but Brandon was certain this was not the first time he'd met this person. And then he spotted the man's companion, the child following him around. No, not a child; a doll! Yes, that's it! That was this guy, the thief remembered, the memory shooting through his skull as if fired by a lightening bolt. The strange break-in at the Chalice, this guy had been there too! Why hadn't the bat destroyed the doll back then? He couldn't remember, the memories of that day were somewhat foggy, but it probably had something to do with Bran not deeming it dangerous enough, despite the dagger dangling at the doll's hip. While the lad should be commented for throwing himself between the two clashing persons, the fact that he still walked the streets with that abomination at his side was unforgivable. That thing would probably kill if the situation demanded it, or if the lad said so -it had appeared to listen to this Kaik guy- and means that would stop a human would not stop the monster.

As things were going, this whole situation was getting closer to escalating, a fight would break out and people would be injured by the abomination shaped as a child. As a devout of Dira and Kihala, Brandon found it was his plight to prevent this from happening. I'll have to act soon, the bat mused, Now that those two have shifted their rage onto the lad it won't be long before he snaps. The timid ones are always the most frightening when they snap... But before the bat could interfere, another person made his appearance, a tall fellow claiming to be the woman's brother. Well, they had the same hair color and skin tone, plus they spoke the same language. A male Inarta eh? Interesting, Brandon had only met female ones thus far. The woman wasn't quite happy to see her brother though, yelling at him now -loud and sharp, way too high also. The thief wished she'd stop soon. A foot stomped the tall Inartan male on the shin, and a headbutt slammed into the somewhat forgotten roughneck-character's jaw. Rage flared up immediately, shattering the calm and fueling the man's actions. He gave a mighty push, the woman toppled as if she was nothing more than a straw. Unfortunately, she fell right on top of the doll, almost crushing it, but somehow managing to twist her body so the presumed child would not be hurt. That was the moment both other men tensed up. The tall one seemed to be ready to jump at the roughneck's throat and the other one started yelling at the guy once having confirmed his 'daughter' -as he called it- was unharmed. The brother of the Inaran woman seemed to have decided to leave everything up to Kaik and stepped forward to protect the doll from the roughneck while Kaik screamed something.

See? I knew he'd snap. Brandon scolded himself for not acting sooner, now facing a situation where there was a potential victim the doll could stab in the back. Slipping through the few people that blocked his path to the center where everything was unfolding, the Kelvic sneaked closer swiftly, creeping up on the doll from behind. A hand slipped inside his coat and feeling the hilt of one of his daggers. Fingers curled around it tightly as he unsheathed the blade and raised it to chest level, right above the doll's head.

“Do you know what's also not a child?” the thief queried rhetorically, making his presence known to everyone present. And then he stabbed, hard, precise and fast so it would be rather impossible to dodge and the blade would stick upright into the dolls head, piercing the hood and proving his point. “This thing right here.”

Credit goes to Cylos Marn
Fighting Style and Techniques

Credit for this awesome sig goes to Estrellir Konrath
Brandon Blackwing
The master thief Incognito

Words: 1496963
Joined roleplay: September 8th, 2013, 3:24 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Featured Character (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

An Interesting Evening

Postby Kesu on January 16th, 2015, 2:04 am

Kesu

The black-haired man was angry, and his sudden rage, defensive reaction to danger almost hurting his daughter. Although he was angry, frothing at the mouth, he still stuck to his original modus of trying to get a peaceful resolution. Of course, this wouldn't be at all possible, not with the two Inarta, and angry black-haired man. Kesu half expected the fellow red head to blaze up in righteous anger, but instead, a deadly look fell upon his face, chill, and foreboding. If it weren't already below freezing out, then Kesu suspected that the temperature would've dropped simply from the force of his glare.

Groaning, Kesu pushed herself up, ignoring the local's proffered hand, and settled on her side, staring at the scene before her. Snow continued to fall for a few seconds, until she saw someone slipping stealthily through the crowd beside her. Standing on her two feet, she unlocked the slow pulse of djed inside her, allowing it to flow through her eyes, and reveal the hidden. This man was mysterious, strange, and Kesu would be damned before she let one more person surprise her today. Rather than try to determine his focus or emotion, she would try and figure out who he was. A shadowy aura spread from the newcomer, like two giant wings of a bat. An impression of self conviction and dedication was overshadowed by cockiness and what appeared to be avarice. The best that Kesu could figure, this was a bat Kelvic, one who was a thief. But her guessing was interrupted by the unknown man using the black-haired local's own words against him, and stabbing the little girl in the head. With a shout, and an upraised arm, Kesu's voice faltered as she heard the "thock" of metal embedding itself in wood. The Kelvic's words were true. It was a golem. However, it was made like a little girl, and the man had called it his 'daughter'. Technically, it was a child. Kesu grasped at this justification desperately, to try and make sense of the alive lifeless.

And so, Kesu shouted out in Nari, a long and thick stream of curses both Common and Inarta. Striding up toward the Kelvic, she said, [b]"Listen, average, dark, and squeaky, I don't know who the petch you think you are. But even if it's a doll, what keeps it from living?"
Getting up close in his face, roughneck all but forgotten, the shorter Inarta placed her palms on his chest and attempted to shove him backwards. Whether she did or not didn't matter to what she did next, however. Whipping around towards the fragile-looking doll, she flung her body at the arm that held the knife, either forcing him to pull out the knife and back up, or suffer one hundred twenty-two pounds launched directly at his one arm. Either way, if he took the hit or not, Kesu would fall upon the doll, protectively, wrapping her arms around the little wooden girl's body, and curling her knees around her back, and holding the doll's head close to her own, whispered to her, curled up in the snow, "It'll be okay."

OOCI think that this is suitably dramatic! Now for Kaik to make it angsty rage! :thumbsup:
Samuel Adams
Kesu
Vengance is my life.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

An Interesting Evening

Postby Kaik Leyr on January 16th, 2015, 1:04 pm

‘Daughter’ it was a such a strange word to Kaik. Ever since the day he first breathed life into Arya he felt an uncontrollable connection to her. This connection he knew was only the effects of using himself to bestow upon her his own memories. Still he had begun to love her just the same as he would a daughter. It was because of her that Kaik could speak so clearly. It was because of Arya he could do what he believed was right.

Kaik believed that the two bickering strangers he had met were acting like children. Ignorant of what their actions could lead to, in this case it meant harm to Arya.

Yes, Arya…my dear marionette...my child. I will not let them harm you. I will put an end to this.

“Do you know what's also not a child?”

The voice seemed familiar to Kaik, yet at the same time he could not place who the voice belonged to. He turned his head to see it was indeed an acquaintance, a fellow he met just a few seasons ago, though he failed to match a name to this person. The question he posed suddenly began to sink into Kaik.

It can’t be...what is h-

“This thing right here.” Kaik watched in horror as the dagger plunged into Arya’s head.

“A-a...A-...Arya?” he said quietly.

The doll looked at Kaik unaware of what had happened. She had failed to notice how far away her master was and how many strangers surrounded her. She became scared, as is the personality she was given dictated. Arya had to be by her master’s side. She began to walk, only to fall unto the ground while a stranger held unto her. The stranger whispered something to her, but she could not understand what is was she meant. Whatever is was she said mattered little to her objective.

Arya had to escape the stranger’s grasp. She struggled with all her might to get out of the woman’s arms. She ran avoiding any and all obstacles that may have barred her way for she knew her master was waiting.

Kaik could not hear the voices of the crowd, only the the words of Djas. He remembered the name and let it burn into his mind. Watching as his creation walked in front of him he placed a hand over the crack that was left on Arya’s head. As he rubbed the mark Kaik began to lose himself, fury and regret began to fester inside him. He whispered to her, “Sit here until I say so, that is an order.” She did as ordered and sat on the ground. He looked to the man called Djas, utter hatred filling his eyes. It was then Kaik felt an odd sensation on his left hand and found that he was holding unto Arya’s hand. He let go of the hand and embraced the side of himself he had denied all his life.

Kaik began to laugh hysterically like a mad man, “That was funny. What you said before. Funny,” he stopped laughing and instead looked at Djas with dead eyes, “what does a piece of shyke like you hope to gain from this?” He unsheathed his dagger and gripped it tightly, “It doesn’t matter why you did this. I’m gonna kill you. So tell me...do you hate me so much that you would kill me?”

Kaik began to walk toward Djas and shouted at him, “I will petching kill you!”
Then he began to rush toward the man, intending on tackling him. He jumped as he ran, planning on putting his entire weight into the takedown.

OOCI keep revising this in my head, and still can't seem to get it to be how I like it. But I refuse to keep others waiting and this seemed okay to me so there.

Yup it's a nice template. Done by the talented Estrellir Konrath

Boxcode by Estrellir Konrath
Kaik Leyr
The Doll Animator

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Overlored (1)