Location [Syliras Entrance] The Main Gates

Please post here first after registering!

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

[Syliras Location] The Main Gates

Postby Chaude on September 20th, 2012, 1:51 am

20th of Fall, 712 AV

Dusk. It's beauty of vivid hope radiates with hues of oranges and reds before the consuming purples, blues, and blackness consumes. To a Zith, such calming colors are pleasant to their eyes, while the daylight is sinister and blinding. It's perhaps at twilight that a Zith can learn to coexist with other races. So says Chaude's mentor anyways.

Pacing himself through the Southern Kabrin Road, heading northbound, Chaude could see in the distance the entrance to Syliras. Keeping close to the Suvan Sea helped keeping him from being lost from his colony.

Arriving, a couple of guards stood watch. Walking up to them, his bat-like wings had long been folded around his body, giving one the impression of a "living" cloak.

"Is that really...?" One of the guards fretted at his presence.

Halting, Chaude's sapphire eyes reached out to the guard.

"Is this Syliras?"

"Of course it is," spoke the other guard with agitation. "What does a Zith want here?"

"To study," with a low baritone voice, Chaude made no further response.

"Study what?" The fretting guard curiously asks.

Pulling one wing out, the agitated guard was quick to unsheathing his sword. Prepared in a defensive stance, to both of their amazement, Chaude only pulled out a journal.

"Humans. There is a...school to study Humans, yes?" Squeaking for a split tick at the end, he soon put the journal away and closed the flap of his lifted wing.

The two guards whisper to each other, keeping a watchful eye on the Zith. One seemed against the idea without care in concealing his feeling, preferring a beautiful Konti healer over a Zith flesh eater. The other seemed more accepting, scared at first, but looking more relaxed now. The debate went on for another chime, much to Chaude's irritation that was about to boil over if it lasted another 10 ticks.

Breaking from their poorly internal debate chat, the first guard inquired.

"What's your name?"

"Chaude."

"I told you! If they got a name, they're docile," regaining his courage, the guard was pressuring the agitated guard.

"Fine, fine!" The second guard sheaths his blade and gives a stern look at Chaude. "If I hear about any abductions, murders, or what have you! I'll be searching for you."

"Understood," was all Chaude came to reply.

Feeling defeated, the gate opens, making Chaude's way into the city. Both guards gave him further advise to stay at Traveler's Row for a while. Protection for the Zith's sake they called it.

Going on without gratitude, is this what Mentor thought would happen? He'll want to find the inn and write in his journal about today. For now, the darkness grew to his liking and took his time in reaching to his destination.
Chaude
Player

Words: 13064
Joined roleplay: September 18th, 2012, 1:15 am
Race: Zith
Character sheet
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Crypt on September 21st, 2012, 8:14 am

25th of Fall, 512 AV

Gazing at the Main Gates of Syliras, Crypt could only shake his head in astonishment at the grand sight before his eyes. It was amazing how humans could build such an imposing structure. The sunlight only accentuated the fine structure of the Gates, causing them to shine a radiant orange and red.

Shifting his mask slightly, he decided to remove his hood. It would not do for the guards on duty to see him as being... suspicious.

"Alright Maras," He whispered to his Strider. "Time to see what Syliras holds for us."

The noble black steed beside him whinnied in response.

The duo walked down the long dusty road.

"Hold there! State your name and purpose for visiting Syliras!" A guard shouted at Crypt.

Wincing slightly at the volume of his voice, Crypt walked slowly over to the guard, Maras following slightly behind him.

"I am Crypt Insatem of the Diamond Clan, and this is my Strider, Maras. I have come to Syliras to observe all that may interest me."

The guard stared at him for a moment before speaking again in a somewhat quieter voice.

"You sound rather young to be travelling from Cyphrus. Take off that mask, let's have a good look at you."

Crypt removed his mask, hanging it by his side, revealing his face. The guard looked at his face, taking in the features before moving slightly aside.

"Alright, you can pass. That's a fine Strider you have there, by the way. You'd do best finding some lodgings over at the Traveler's Row before having a look around Syliras. Good luck."

Crypt placed his mask on his face again, turning to face the innards of the city of Syliras. Steeling himself (For he had never been inside such an enormous city before, so full and crowded it was), he walked briskly into the streets proper of Syliras.
Last edited by Crypt on November 14th, 2012, 12:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Done by the one and only Assilsa Curare!

8200th member. :)

NOTE: I will be on holiday from the 9th to the 25th, so don't expect me to post anything! Apologies.
Crypt
Apophenia.

Words: 329416
Joined roleplay: September 20th, 2012, 4:58 am
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

Postby Elzifar on October 13th, 2012, 6:53 am

Fall 43, 512AV

The cool Autumn breeze whipped through his cloak and clothes, chilling him to the bone. Leaves and other debris swirled around him as he approached the gates. Damn cold, he thought as he peered out from under the hood of his cloak. I can't wait to get inside.

He was close enough now that he could make out the eye colors of the guards. Another gust of air cut through him and he pulled his cloak closer to his body, shivering.

The guard closest to him on the left eyed him suspiciously, so as to not draw further attention to himself he looked out from his hood at the young Knight.

"Good afternoon Sir!" He called kindly, "Rather chilly day to be standing around outside doin' nothin'" Elzifar chuckled to himself. The guard nodded his acknowledgement but continued to stare at him as he passed under the archway. Once inside, the young Dhani let out a sigh of relief from being out of the wind and cold.

Good...I'm in. Now all i need is lodging and job. Syliras is a big place, I wonder how many people need taken care of...hehehe... As he thought this he remembered the promise he made to that Kelvic girl. Never kill an innocent...Ever.

"I will keep this promise, Wolf-girl..." he muttered to no one in particular. "But that does not mean i will like it..." And with that, he made his way to the Housing Authority.

Elzifar
Player

Words: 9651
Joined roleplay: October 11th, 2012, 3:43 am
Race: Dhani
Character sheet

Postby Dalton Logan on October 17th, 2012, 7:27 am

Fall 48, 512AV

Dalton slowly made his way up to the gates of Syliras. His being was everything he had to him, well that and what was on him. he pulled his cloak a bit tighter around him, though it wasn't cold. It never really was to Dalton, but all the same he did. He felt almost as if someone was watching, though the feeling had been present ever since the... incident. He tried to shrug it off, deciding to focus on how the walls of the city were built, what the pros and cons of the structure could be, any possible weaknesses. He frowned, he had never focused on architecture much, which was a shame as it had interested him for so long. He cursed himself silently for being too curious in so many things when he was younger. His arms fell to his side, the cloak covering all of his being now. Dalton was lost in thought until he got close enough to the gates that the guards took notice of him.

"Hey, you there! What's your business here? And pull down the hood too so we can see your face," Shouted the closest guard at Dalton. Dalton sighed and lowered his hood.

"I'm here to find somewhere to live and set up my craft, and more importantly find people who can teach me what I want to know." His green eyes locked with the guard's.

The guard took a moment to think before responding, "What craft might that be?"

"Blacksmithing, weaponsmithing, whatever you want made I will, or will learn how to, craft it." Dalton smiled slightly, if nothing else, the idea of building something always made him smile.

The guard shrugged and waved Dalton in, after all blacksmiths and the like were common enough for Isur, "Fine then, hurry on in."

"Thank you kindly," said Dalton before walking into the city. It was another adventure for him, something else to build into his story.
"I found it interesting, so I wanted to learn how to make it" - Dalton Logan
Dalton Logan
Player

Words: 2431
Joined roleplay: October 17th, 2012, 3:43 am
Race: Isur
Character sheet

Postby Boren Amadaru on October 19th, 2012, 5:40 am

Fall 49, 512AV

It was noon. The merchant was placed atop his wagon, lazily holding onto his horses reigns. Behind him an inventory of various swords, knives, spears, axes, bows, helmets, shields, and just about anything else you could think of made of metal and wood clanked around. But what he did not the notice was the invisible man, sitting comfortably on a box labeled 'Short swords'. His transparent arm stretch out, attempting to hold onto a blade that was priceless to him. The sword sat in a box without a lid marked 'Swords 3', along with various others similar to it.

The sword itself was simple. It was made of tempered steel, with a simple steel crossbar and a leather grip. Its total length being approximately 3' the blade itself was only 2' 6" and 2" wide. It had a leather sheath. Truely it was nothing special. But it was Borens' fathers. And his fathers before him. As the last of his family it was his duty to keep it safe, even in death.

"Halt sir!" A voice rang out and the cart stopped. The two Knights who guarded the entrance to Syliras approached the merchant. "Mind if we have a quick look at the contents of these boxes?" Without and answer, the guard who had not spoken already began to dig around in the boxes

"Hey!" The merchant called, "Please, be careful with that!"

"Shut up, old man!" The second Knight shouted back as he continued to rummage. Borens eyes squinted at the man. How rude, for a Knight. He thought. Then the sword next to him caught the Knights eye and he reached out for it.

Boren tried to grab for the sword first but he was too slow, instead he blinked behind the Knight.

"Look 'ere mate! This old thing must be ancient!" He held onto the scabbard with his left hand, placing his right on the grip. In the bright light of the day, the Knight could barely make out the sudden appearance of fog around him. But he paid no mind to it, or the cold chill that came with it, as he was engrossed in the sword. "Haha, i mean look at it! Its- AH!" He called out, dropping the sword with a clatter on the ground.

"What is it now?" the first Knight asked, rather annoyed with the younger Knight.

"Some'in grabed me sir!" he said, obviously frightened.

"Its just your imagination, geez." he turned to address the merchant, "You are free to enter, trader." And he turned to head back to his post. The second Knight quickly picked up and tossed the sword back into the cart. He followed suit, swearing up and down that he felt something when he touched the sword

And as the trader rode in, no one noticed the hazy form of a man, sitting comfortably on a box, gently slide the sword back into the crate marked 'Swords 3'...
Last edited by Boren Amadaru on November 26th, 2012, 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Boren Amadaru
Everyone has their demons...

Words: 5261
Joined roleplay: October 18th, 2012, 5:45 pm
Race: Ghost
Character sheet

Postby Lance Tycan on October 22nd, 2012, 12:51 am

Fall 38th, 512AV

Lance collected the reins from his horse's bridle in his hands and threw it over the large beast's jet black head, then dismounted and slowly pulled the horse along through the crowd. He gained several stares and glances from people, but those who were staring would quickly look away as he would stare back. Lance didn't understand why, but he had assumptions. One was because he was dressed in all black and his horse was that color to match.

Everyone was happy and bustling to get into the city, probably because of the season change and it being the first day of fall. He hoped the hype would fall down a bit because he dreaded a lot of energy. As he neared the gate, he noticed one of the Knights guarding the gate eyeing him, and not in a good way. Lance looked at his horse, stroked his forehead for comfort, then looked straight ahead only to then let his gaze drift to the ground.

Just as he thought he was clear as he passed through the gates he felt a rough hand on his shoulder. He instantly turned around and glared at the Knight with a slight but serious frown. The Knight looked at him very seriously "Calm down! I was just gonna say perk up a bit! It's a new season, new beginnings! Have a good time in Syliras." Lance looked at the Knight with a slight nod then sighed "No, it's not new beginnings. It's just a new chapter of the story's plot." The Knight looked at him with a half smile half frown and then nodded Lance off with a slight shake of his head.

Last edited by Lance Tycan on October 28th, 2012, 5:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Lance Tycan
Player

Words: 30023
Joined roleplay: October 19th, 2012, 3:50 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Elzifar on October 22nd, 2012, 2:58 pm

46 Fall, 512 AV

Elzifar gently pushed his way past a crowed of people coming into Syliras. Unlike most, he was heading out. After the conversation with Crypt yesterday he knew there was just nothing in Syliras for him.

He pulled up his hood as he exited the gates, nodding politely to the guards on duty. But where should I go? Perhaps it would be better if I returned to Taldera...no...absolutely not...

And with that, he left Syliras. Maybe one day, we shall meet again, Crypt, Son of Insatem. And when we do, you'll never see me coming....
Elzifar
Player

Words: 9651
Joined roleplay: October 11th, 2012, 3:43 am
Race: Dhani
Character sheet

Postby Sina Vestia on October 23rd, 2012, 6:22 pm

47th of Fall
Sina approached the main gate of Syliras. He had finally reached a somewhat civilized location after being in the wilderness for weeks on end. He lead the horse he obtained in Ravok by his side through the main gate.

He looks from side to side, observing his surroundings closely at the finest detail. When he notices a guard approaching from his right. "Greetings, sir. You seem lost, Could I help you in some way?". Sina just stares at him and shakes his head and walks into the city with the horse at his side. The guard glares than marches off in the other direction.
Sina Vestia
Player

Words: 6922
Joined roleplay: October 23rd, 2012, 4:38 pm
Character sheet

Postby Lance Tycan on October 28th, 2012, 12:24 am

Fall 40th, 512AV

Lance sighed as his mount slowly walked towards the gates. Lance looked back at the city he would probably never enter again then sighed, looking ahead. He had a million things racing through his mind and he exited the gates briskly, nodding a farewell at the Knight which he had talked to when he entered with a slight smile. The Knight nodded at him as well with a slight wave of his hand. Lance abruptly nudged Ancentrial in his ribs with a small force that sent him into a fast paced canter through the crowd, exiting Syliras. As he rode on the trail he slowly looked behind him as the city disappeared from view.
Lance Tycan
Player

Words: 30023
Joined roleplay: October 19th, 2012, 3:50 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Runick Torian on October 28th, 2012, 6:48 pm

52nd of Fall A.V. 512

Rune walked towards the imposing gates of Syliras. He couldn't believe their size, let alone having been standing for over 200 years. He walked steadily towards the gigantic gates.

"Halt!" One of the guards commanded.

Rune stopped as the guard approached him."Yes, Sir. How may I help you?" Rune said with a little smirk on his face.

"Business?" He asked.

"I've come to settle down and start anew my good sir!" Rune exclaimed.

"Do you need anything, directions or such?" the guard asked

"Nope. May I go in now, please?" Rune asked back.

"Move along." He ordered.

Rune nodded and began his new life in Syliras.
Runick Torian
Player

Words: 9641
Joined roleplay: October 27th, 2012, 6:42 pm
Character sheet

PreviousNext