Spring 521's Featured Thread Is...

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

IC News travels slowly in Mizahar. Fortunately there is a constant stream of news from around campfires, from caravan to caravan and from merchants to merchants. Within this forum lies the best of the best of this talk. Also, within this forum, OOC news from the staff and players can be found. This forum requires all posts to be 'approved' by a Founder before they are displayed. So if you post within, be patient. Your post did display - it simply will not show to everyone until approved as actual 'news'. Please keep all Introductions, Status Updates, and various other discussions in their appropriate forums and leave this area for game news!

Spring 521's Featured Thread Is...

Postby Gillar on March 2nd, 2021, 3:41 am

By Madeira and Alice

Survival Games is a thread written for the Naked and Afraid Challenge. I wanted to give a shout out to Madeira and Alice for a number of reasons. First off, posting with others can be unpredictable, even if you've written with them before. When faced with a themed writing challenge that has a word requirement and a time limit, posting with a friend can be even more of a challenge. So, I was impressed that these two were able to pull it off like they did.

Of course, managing the technical side of writing for this challenge is not the main reason I am putting this thread up for Feature. There was an additional challenge within a challenge that these two tackled well in their writing; the fact that Alice, a ghost, was experiencing the wild situation of effectively feeling alive in a "borrowed" body while being thrust into a strange place and forced to survive. The way Alice approached this felt genuine and the way Madeira worked to guide her through it, again in the middle of their survival situation, felt right. Their conversations and working together showed the value of having someone with you when thrust into an unexpected survival situation. Their little spat near the middle of the thread was a nice way of mixing it up and showing the growing stress of their situation. There was an element of threat and a sense of hope that they would find their way out of the mess they found themselves in. I felt, through their writing, character growth which is something I always like to see.
Gillar
Forging the World

Words: 1345407
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 6:44 pm
Race: Isur
Office
Medals: 1
Featured Contributor (1)