Event Weekend Challenge! 12/13/14/15

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

IC News travels slowly in Mizahar. Fortunately there is a constant stream of news from around campfires, from caravan to caravan and from merchants to merchants. Within this forum lies the best of the best of this talk. Also, within this forum, OOC news from the staff and players can be found. This forum requires all posts to be 'approved' by a Founder before they are displayed. So if you post within, be patient. Your post did display - it simply will not show to everyone until approved as actual 'news'. Please keep all Introductions, Status Updates, and various other discussions in their appropriate forums and leave this area for game news!

Weekend Challenge! 12/13/14/15

Postby Anomaly on May 12th, 2022, 10:39 pm

GOALS!

To kick off the weeks preceding the season change I am thinking a little challenge is in order. An what better way to do that than to get people thinking about their OOC and IC goals for their characters.

How this is going to work is to sign up you need to present the IC goal(s) your character has for the rest of the season and how they contribute to the overarching OOC goals you have for them. Then for every 2,500 word thread you write identifying, and working towards the completion of this goal will influence the type of reward you receive at the end of the challenge. Bonus points will be awarded to people who manage to have their character surpass their goals and move onto identifying what is next on the horizon for themselves.

Remember this is supposed to be fun so don’t work yourself too hard trying to get something up and out there. Feel free to keep your goals simple and realistic, or shoot for the moon if you’ve got the gumption. Here are some ideas to help jog your mind along if you are struggling to come up with something for the challenge:

- Job threads (Does your character want to get better at their job? Well that could be a goal for them to work on the skill(s) involved with that profession, and it would line up nicely with your OOC goals for them.)

- Environmental Requirements (Is your character living on the edge of a hostile environment and lacking certain skills that they will need sooner than later? Well if you are writing in Mizahar, that’s going to be a definite yes for everyone with a pulse. So incorporate that into your characters goals and work on developing the skills you need to be an effective part of the community. Petch, drag in a friend or two so long as you are working on it and hit the 2,500 word count with your own posts.)

- Emotional milestones (Is your character suffering from some sort of emotional trauma. Going by the threads I’ve read, I would hazard a guess that would be all of them, so why don’t make that part of the challenge? Have your character make a goal of working past something they struggle. Confronting it and challenging themselves to grow as a person so that it doesn’t bother them in the same way anymore. This might be a great way to get to know a side of your character you weren’t aware of so keep that in mind if you decide to work towards a goal like this.)

Now of course this is not an exhaustive list, just something to get your juices flowing as you try to come up with something to contribute for this challenge. There are plenty of goals out there, and I look forward to seeing what everyone comes up with for their character. I really enjoy writing with you all, and reading your threads so I’m looking forward to seeing what you come up with your characters for the challenge.

Remember this challenge takes place starting now and ends on Monday at 8 A.M Eastern Time. I will post the rewards soon after the challenge has been completed. Have fun everyone!
Anomaly
Retired Staff

Words: 106709
Joined roleplay: May 4th, 2022, 1:18 pm
Race: Staff account

Postby Tazrae on May 13th, 2022, 1:18 am

Joining In!

I'm just going to do some old fashioned research for Research XP and a few lores I can use elsewhere that go with Taz's development.

Last edited by Tazrae on May 17th, 2022, 1:34 am, edited 4 times in total.
"A mark of an open mind is being more committed to your curiosity than your conviction.
The goal of learning is not to shield old views against new facts, but to revise old views with new facts.
Ideas are possibilities to explore, not certainties to defend."

Garden Beach Syka The Protea Inn

"Listen to the wind, it talks. Listen to the silence, it speaks. Listen to your heart, it knows."
Tazrae
Be savage, not average.

Words: 1916653
Joined roleplay: May 3rd, 2020, 2:02 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Mizahar Grader (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Syka Seasonal Challenge (1)

Postby Evalynn Frostfawn on May 13th, 2022, 12:25 pm

✦•┈๑⋅⋯ Skill Improvement ⋯⋅๑┈•✦

- Am hoping to get her to learn some very basic medical skills

✦•┈๑⋅⋯ Job or Apprenticeship ⋯⋅๑┈•✦

- Edging towards this in tandem to the skill improvement

✦•┈๑⋅⋯ Emotional Development ⋯⋅๑┈•✦

- Building a romantic interest and adding more emotional baggage to make her a more appealing character and not just a skeleton

Threads being used

Apprenticeship Where? (Shiress x Evalynn) - WC: 377

Let's go Shopping (Moritz x Evalynn) - WC: 972

Let's go Shopping pt. 2 - WC: 479

Dagger Training on a Dummy - WC: 1102

Last edited by Evalynn Frostfawn on May 17th, 2022, 3:03 am, edited 4 times in total.
Evalynn Frostfawn
Don't Stand Out

Words: 160390
Joined roleplay: February 23rd, 2013, 12:16 pm
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Cleon on May 13th, 2022, 3:20 pm

OOC & IC Goals

First I'll start with the bigger picture about where I want Cleon before the season change.

Part of his arch for the Spring Season has been about him finding a place to fit in where he can gain a measure of independence to live his life how he wants to, and to be free of the hang ups that followed him from Sunberth.

So how this translates to my OOC goals for them is the following:

- That he becomes competent at his job.
- That he forms a living, breathing, healthy relationship that isn't guilt ridden.
- That he becomes good at a hobby that makes him happy.

So for the purpose of this challenge, since I have already gotten my job threads out of the way, Cleon will be working on these IC goals:

- He wants to be competent at surfing and swimming this season.
  1. Through the turbulence WC - 2,592
  2. Through the turbulence II WC - 2,527
  3. Through the turbulence IIIWC - 2,559
- He wants to be competent at carpentry and surfboard crafting this season
  1. In the grooveWC - 2,610
- He wants to be competent at defending himself.

There are also certain other environmental and emotional milestones he would like to meet, but these are the most prescient goals for him currently. As I work on these threads I shall put them under his goals, and I might add more if I feel the need to.

Happy threading!
Last edited by Cleon on May 14th, 2022, 4:56 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Cleon
Player

Words: 492860
Joined roleplay: March 3rd, 2022, 4:50 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1
Mizahar Grader (1)

Postby Shade on May 13th, 2022, 5:03 pm

Joining In!

I need job threads desperately! That's going to be my jive between showing Shiress some love.

Shade
The Black Opal.

Words: 215158
Joined roleplay: November 25th, 2011, 7:08 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Mizahar Grader (1)

Postby Naadiya on May 13th, 2022, 7:06 pm

OOC goal: get rooted in Syka, becoming not only a local fixture but fully comfortable in her environment.

IC goals: build home, get a promotion, get a pet! (not sure how much I'll get to by Monday) get that abominable Wilderness survival skill up and some self defense/combat type of stuff.

Words Total: 8091

Putting Down Roots. Pt. II Words: 2762

Putting Down Roots. Pt. III Words: 865

Just a Scratch Words: 1435

Mists of Morning Words : 3029
Last edited by Naadiya on May 17th, 2022, 1:59 am, edited 2 times in total.
Naadiya
Player

Words: 338062
Joined roleplay: January 11th, 2022, 11:57 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Antelokes on May 13th, 2022, 10:23 pm

I'd like to sign up!

Emotional Goal: I want Antelokes to confront some grief from his backstory. He's not going to overcome it completely, but realize just how much it really affects him so he can maybe find some healthy ways of managing it.

Pale Echoes (2865 words)
Last edited by Antelokes on May 16th, 2022, 8:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Antelokes
Player

Words: 122253
Joined roleplay: July 10th, 2021, 4:55 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Moritz Craven on May 13th, 2022, 10:43 pm

Eventually I want Moritz to try to dig into Syka, explore the wilds, and look into the Morwen situation, but right now he is too unskilled to do so.

So for Moritz, my main goals for him would be(though not sure which of these I'll work on) raising various skills and abilities that would help in that end goal:

Combat Skills- Overall I want him to improve his combat abilities and become better able to fight or defend himself and others. I'd like to get several combat skills to L2, and work on increasing his acrobatics to L3:
-Moritz spends time instructing another in combat, while also brushing up himself.-Overboard- 712+665+1,021+838+X= 3,236

Environmental Requirements- Spend some time learning how to survive in the wilds, my current goal is to get him to L2 in WS:
-Moritz learns some basic WS- A Treaded Trail Part I-633+X=633

Improve his magic-Currently he practices Pathfinding and is at L2, and Spiritism at L1, but need to work on leveling both of those up to the next tier:

Friends and things along the way- wouldn't say no to making some friends in Syka, or romance if its in the cards, and while its not his main goal right now certainly something in my mind for him OOC. If he's going to get far, he's going to need friends and people to join him:
Last edited by Moritz Craven on May 16th, 2022, 9:23 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Moritz Craven
Player

Words: 1102948
Joined roleplay: April 9th, 2019, 11:58 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Thread (1) Mizahar Grader (1)

Postby Crylon Stonecraft on May 14th, 2022, 1:44 pm

For Crylon, most of his goals involve building.

My medium term goal right now is for him to design and build a high grade building facility in the Outpost with all the bells and whistles, integrated water powered systems, forges, etc, basically a one stop shop for most design and building from wood or steel. But in order to do that (along with saving up a bit more money since it'll be costly) he needs the chops to design such a structure. Which will mean at least L2 in most building skills, particularly Gadgeteering, and L3 in Architecture. So I'm hoping to have him work towards that:

Crylon Stonecraft
Player

Words: 679695
Joined roleplay: June 2nd, 2018, 4:26 am
Race: Isur
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 4
Featured Thread (2) Mizahar Grader (1)
Overlored (1)

Postby D'Varrus Tomva on May 14th, 2022, 5:06 pm

Goals

My OOC goals for D'Varrus actually line up rather well with his own IC goals without much prodding on my part.

For the sake of succinctness, I will be grouping his goals.

Environmental goals - It is important for D'Varrus that he learns how to hunt, and track down his own food. A part of this also involves stealth, running and unarmed.

- Trouble with chances - 2,595
- Trouble with chances II - 2,678
- Trouble with chances II - 4,159

Additionally as part of his environmental goals he desires to be competent at WS survival as soon as possible, and learn a weapon that he can use in his human form.

Employment goals - As part of his desired occupation of guard, D'Varrus will be trying to get to know everyone in Syka, at least enough so he knows what they look like and what they do in the settlement so he will know how to recognize an outsider when he is on patrol.
Last edited by D'Varrus Tomva on May 16th, 2022, 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
D'Varrus Tomva
Player

Words: 87654
Joined roleplay: April 22nd, 2022, 2:17 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Mizahar Grader (1)

Next